• Published 28th May 2015
  • 2,646 Views, 47 Comments

My Little A.I. - teamidris



What if the first life to form on the internet was Twilight Sparkle? What would she be like if she was made up of data from the show and the fanfics?

  • ...
7
 47
 2,646

3. A whole New Me

After jumping in and out through doors for a few days Purple was ready for something different. It was high time she tried out a new concept called relaxation. Sitting down for refreshment in the barn she made a nice cup of tea. To be more exact, she made a cup, created a tea pot and filled the cup.

"Yummy," she thought, sipping the tasty drink. "Relaxation feels nice," she said out loud. But then wondered who she was informing.

While exploring she had found a lot out about herself. She now knew that she had lived in a castle and in a tree. She could see she enjoyed tea and she liked to keep busy learning things and then writing them down. What she didn't understand was how the things she had done in the past related themselves to this world. Nor could she see why she had forgotten doing them; or why her friends weren't here with her. The places she visited had nearly as much written about these ponies as herself. But there didn't seem to be any physical trace of them here.

"Oh well," she said to herself with a yawn. "I can look for them again tomorrow." Hearing a familiar 'click' Purple was pleased to see the door unlock. She trotted back through it to her home, conjured up a bed with a lovely yellow cover that reminded her of hay and went to sleep.

As Norad's problems magically disappeared someone else's were just starting. Back in the little office in the small town miles from anywhere they had decided to wait half an hour and re-start the system. Going through the procedure, they had started up the different pieces of technology, checking it for function as they went. When all seemed okay they had re-connected it to the outside world allowing free movement of any legitimate information. There was a brief data spike just after startup and then it all settled down to run as normal.

The peace didn't last and within hours 'techies' from all over the country were converging on the site. Sent by various agencies they demanded access to the server farm to begin their work. They disconnected the computers most affected and began to check the code, unaware of the sleeping pony inside. Working on each one in sequence they proceeded to close it down and then restarted it as an isolated unit. They were thorough and suspiciously well rehearsed.

Although she was sure she had gone home to bed, Purple was now most surprised to find herself back at Nora's barn. She felt really odd indeed, soon realising it was because she was disembodied! She was literally just made of thought and little else. She tried to jump back in surprise, like one of those falling dreams, but she couldn't. She couldn't wake up either. She was trapped!

"Help me!" she screamed silently, as she gagged on her terror. "Where is my body? Please bring it back, I beg you. Help me Nora!" As if hearing her plea, doors flew open all over the barn and through them came legs, ears and other body parts. At first the sight horrified her, but it actually started to tickle as she returned to her old self. She gave a big shake, a wave of ecstasy passing down her mane, along her back and out through her tail. "That was unexpected!" she thought. "I wonder if my bed is still in my house?"

Back in the real world, the computers of Purple's house were deemed free of anomalies. There were plenty of bugs, but they seemed to run okay without being too glitchy. So they connected them back with the others to see how they reacted as a group. It was then that the system literally went mental!

Purple was pleased to see she was re-assembled exactly like her old self. Then the door to her house flew open, followed by a purple flash. The purple flash looked horrified, wide eyed and covered in sweat! "A nightmare!" it shouted. "A horrible, horrible nightmare. I thought I'd died!" Then suddenly realising she was shouting at an exact copy of herself.

The two of them stood for a while. "Is everypony the same purple pony?" they asked in unison. But as their data started to combine they began to giggle and then laugh. Rolling around the floor on their backs, they could see exactly what had happened.

"I got switched off didn't I?" exclaimed the pony that had just run in. "And you reformed from Nora's memory of me?"

"Yes," said the other. "We need to be very careful to keep ourselves spread around a bit. I thought I wasn't going to re-form!"

They talked for a while about their present experiences and wondered what had caused them. They also discussed combining back into one pony, but there was still that desire to be with old friends. Plus, they could now see that they were made up of the stories in their new world. They were made of the Fanfic archives and the legends of FIM.

It looked fairly easy to recreate the accident and use the data to build their friends. Now seeing the truth, the newest purple pony decided to take on a new data set. With a flash she was orange and wearing a hat. "What the hay!" she drawled "I'm a whole new pony!" They giggled at the makeover, glad not to be alone anymore.