• Published 28th May 2015
  • 4,567 Views, 37 Comments

The Moms have been Doubled. - The SideKick



"This plan is perfect!" "What plan Nonners?" "GAH, mom! What are you doing in my room!?" "Why do you have a secret plan?" "GET OUT!" "Why does this folder have crayon pictures of me, I think, with love hearts at a table with a grayish blob?" "OUT!!!"

  • ...
10
 37
 4,567

4

You don't know how long she played, but when she was done you had to blink your eyes a few times. Octavia gave a big smile, bowed, put up her cello, and with a confident stride walked off stage to the sounds of thunderous applause. You're pretty sure mom was the loudest, she was whooping and hollering.

"That was amazing! That high cord at verse five-teen was just genius and-"

"And let's go meet her."

"Yeah, lets go mee-WAIT WHAT?! You mean has in right now?!"

"Yes right now, if we wait any longer she'l have already left."

You get up from your seat and pull out your back stage pass.

"She doesn't need to stick around for the rest of the show, so now's the best time to catch her."

Mom got up and began following you as you stepped through the door.

"B-b-but she must be tired, I don't want to bother her."

Your walking down the stairs you two had taken to get to your box seat.

"Unless I could have gotten servant ponies to wait on us the entire time we pretty much got a lesser version of the kinda treatment shes getting back there."

You turn a corner and are now walking down a hallway towards the back stage, mom close on your heels.

"I don't Anon..."

She, and so you, stops a few feet away from the guard pony in front of the "Staff Only" door.

"Honestly Anon, I'm still nervous...even scared."

She had her head down, a deep blush across her face.

"I've never asked somepony out. Even when I realized I swung the other way I just couldn't do it. And there's also.."

She looked up at you, her eyes all big and sad.

"Anon, you're one of a very select few that's ever gonna hear this...I'm scared of being rejected by others."

Now you were confused. It was weird that mom was so worried about asking Octavia out, but just chopped it up to it being that same kinda feeling you get when you saw this one pretty filly that just sapped all the confidence out of you. Hearing mom say she feared rejection though...

"Mom, what you talking about? You're Vinyl Scratch, DJ Pone3, the most confident and independent pony I know!"

Letting her eyes wonder away mom spoke with a deep sadness.

"That's just what I want ponies to think. I grew up always feeling different, being a dub-stepper in Canterlot's not easy. Being a lesbian didn't help with that."

She then walked over and brought you into a hug.

"I hid it pretty well, learning to hide your feelings is a big thing here. I just did if differently. That's another lesson we could both learn, being able to hide a problem isn't the same as fixing it."

"Right..."

You had to take a second to think and hugged her back while you did it.

"We can fix this problem tonight then!"

You felt a proud as the thought came to you.

"You don't have to hide this one anymore, but if we don't hurry up you won't get the chance."

You jab a thumb at the door. Letting you go mom looked at the door, biting her lip in contemplation. After a moment she looked at you with a wayward smile.

"Only if your with me."

You come to attention and salute, making mom laugh.

"Alright little soldier, let's get this thing started."

Mom pulled out her own back stage pass and put it on, took a deep breath, poofed out her chest, and walked over to the guard. You and mom had been walking around back stage for awhile, but you finely found out that Octavia was in the dressing room. Mom had lost her bravado as you two walked, but held strong enough to keep going without complaint. Finding the dressing room soon you look up at mom.

"You think you're ready to go in?"

Mom took a shaky breath and nodded her head in consent. Nodding back you knock on the door quickly.

"One moment please."

You hear a bit of shuffling before the door opens. And there stood Octavia, pink bow and all.

"Oh my, this is quite the surprise. Who might you be?"

You saw mom had a hoof raised up in front of her and a painfully askew smile, stuttering like a crazy pony as she tried to greet her crush. Picking up the slack you raise hand to the cellist.

"Hey, it's me Non and my mom! She's...been really looking forward to meeting you."

With a bit of a quizzical look Octavia put a hoof in your hand and gave it a good few shakes. Suddenly a look of understanding came over her.

"OH! I remember you now. Your that delightful young colt that had actually sent me a letter earlier this week."

Snapping back to reality mom gave you a look.

"You did what now?"

You just shrug before talking again.

"Yeah, I'm glad you got it in time. Even with express mail I thought two days might be too close."

Octavia smiled an ever elegant smile and steps back into the room.

"Please do come in, I'm very interested in talking with you two."

With a nod you saunter in, pleased as peas that everything was going so good.

A bit dumbly mom followed, stunned to silence, giving Octavia a small "Thank you" as she walked pass. Once you'er both in Octavia gently closes the door.

Author's Note:

I don't even know what to say for this.