• Published 28th May 2015
  • 4,547 Views, 37 Comments

The Moms have been Doubled. - The SideKick



"This plan is perfect!" "What plan Nonners?" "GAH, mom! What are you doing in my room!?" "Why do you have a secret plan?" "GET OUT!" "Why does this folder have crayon pictures of me, I think, with love hearts at a table with a grayish blob?" "OUT!!!"

  • ...
10
 37
 4,547

1

Be Anonymous Scratch, Non by your friends, Nonners by your mom.

Vinyl Scratch, your mom, found you crying in the alley behind a club she had done a gig for. Mistaking you for a wild animal cub she took you in, thinking you'd make an awesome pet. It rocked her world when your first word was "Mommy". The idea that you were sentient didn't scare her as much as the idea of actually being your mother did. But she knew that if she gave you to an orphanage your life would be an absolute hell. Plus something about the way you called her mommy made her feel warm. Ten years later and you were as happy as a little ape thing raised by a unicorn DJ could be.

It was getting close to valentines day and you were making a plan to get your mom hooked up. You and you mother lived in Canterlot, which actually gave your mom a lot of business. Lots of clubs for those higher crust ponies to come to and cut loose for awhile. Another reason was a certain gray cello playing pony you knew your mom liked. Her name was Octavia Melody and you were going to get her to be your mom's special somepony. She would never tell you herself and she never complained about it even when you weren't around, but you knew from the times you had eavesdropped on her doing bills and turning down deals that she had given up a lot to take care of you. And this was how you were going to make it up to her. She always talked about Octavia.

"I don't know Nonners, she just has this weird thing about her. I think the words um...elegance!Yeah, that's it."

"Then why don't you ask her to be your special somepony?"

"I-I can't just ask her! I mean, she wouldn't go for a pony like me..."

"No way! She'd be crazy not to want to be with you,mom. Your one of the best DJ's ever and have done some gigs for almost every well known club in Canterlot!"

"Heh, I am pretty awesome huh? But that's just the problem. A proper and prim cello playing pony like her just wouldn't go for a >tomcolt DJ."

It made you really sad to see mom like this of course. You had been working on this plan for the last week, a whole collection of crayon drawings depicting different parts of you plan all kept together in a folder. It was labeled "The super mega cool plan to get mom together with Octavia plan.". The first part of the plan you were working on now. You had grabbed yourself an actual pencil and was working on a letter to send to Octavia.

Dear Octavia,

Hi! My names Anonymous, but you can call me Non. I'm writing to you to tell you that I and my mom are going to be at your next show. I was hoping that we could talk with you after the show. You see my mom really likes you, but she thinks that you won't like her because you're a high crust pony and she's a tomcolt. But if my mom likes you then you can't be all snobby like those other ponies, so I know you'll really like her if you talk to her. When you're looking for us we'll be the green monkey thing and the blue and white unicorn.

Sincerely,

Non.

P.S.

I almost forgot to tell you what my mom's name is! That is if you don't already know it, she is the best DJ ever. Anyway, it's Vinyl Scratch. Can't wait to meet you!

Checking it over a bunch of times while cross-referencing a dictionary to make sure you spelled all the words right you're finally satisfied with what you've written. Folding and sealing it in an envelope you quickly run out, stopping to tell your mom you were going to play outside for awhile. You race down to your local post office and turn in your letter, paying for it to be expressed mailed. That brings up what has been the hardest part of your plan, not spending all of your bits. In order to make this plan work you needed a lot of bits. Though getting the bits them self wasn't that hard, you are a famous ponies kid after all.

Bits to buy the tickets to Octavia's show WITH backstage passes, bits for reservations at the restaurant you going to send them to after mom asked Octavia out and bits for the arcade while they're at the restaurant so your not sitting at home doing nothing. Just forgetting everything else and going on a rampage at the arcade was the truest test of your will. But you every time you felt weak, you just remember that it's for your mom and it brings you the strength to not go buy the arcade for a whole week. Plus if mom and Octavia got married you'd get more presents for Hearths Warming, which helps to keep it together.

The letter was sent and now you just had to give mom the tickets. Walking back to your house you stop in front of your door and pull the tickets from your pocket then walk in. Hiding the tickets behind your back you start searching the house for mom. It isn't hard as you just follow the low tones of music to a familiar door marked "Studio". As always when you need to talk to mom whiles she's mixing you just walk in, the music intensifying as you walk in. Mom was seated behind a simpler version of her usual stage set-up, eyes closed has she messed with some nobs and switches. Stepping around the various wires and stacks of discarded iced coffee you walk behind mom, tapping her shoulder. Blinking like she had just come out of a trance she turned and smiled at you.

"Yo Nonners! I thought you were playing outside."

"I'm done, plus there's something I wanted to give you."

"Something to give me? Not that I don't like getting stuff, especially from my little monkey-"

She ruffles your hair and does a quick, terrible monkey impression.

"-but what's the sudden gift for?"

You straighten your hair back out.

"Well mom, I know you've been working a lot lately. What with trying to finish that new album and all. And I also know that you've been really wanting to go see one of Octavia's shows...for some reason."

Mom blushed.

"He-hey! Just because I don't like most classical music doesn't mean I don't like ALL of it."

She looks away to the side.

"...It's another reason I like her. Her music actually sounds like it's saying something, unlike all that other stuff that's trying to sound like it's actually trying to say something."

This makes you grin has you pull the tickets from behind your back and present them to her.

"That's why I went out and got these."

Looking at the tickets quizzically she took one in her magic and examined it. As she did her eyes widened. She just kept looking at it before she rushed you with a huge hug squealing like a school filly.

Author's Note:

It's a thing, maybe you liked it?