• Published 18th May 2012
  • 551 Views, 1 Comments

Concealed Fates - Fire Lynx



In another Equestria one pony makes the mistake of her life, one that will change Equestrias history

  • ...
 1
 551

An unexpected turn 2

Glimmer flicked her mane over her face. “...” She tried to find a reasonable explanation but nothing would come out. Nothing at all. Midnight sighed. “Don’t worry Glim, we will pull out of this somehow” He told her, trying to reassure her. “Should I bring your sister for a visit?” He asked her, trying to lift her spirits. She shook her head. “No... I will be out of this hospital soon enough, there is no use.” She told him. “Besides I have to research what side effects may happen” She added in. Midnight smiled a bit.


At another place in Canterlot, it was hectic. A three year old filly was rampaging around the house, stirring up papers and books as she ran. A colt ran after her. Both skidded to a stop when they approached the family room of the house, almost running straight into their mother’s plants. “Twilight Sparkle, I told you no running in the house” A stern voice said, growing louder as it walked towards the filly. “Sowwy mom” Twilight replied. “Aww mom me and Twily’s game was just getting fun” the colt said, a smile of joy forming on his face. “Shining Armor, even though you are helping to take her mind off the exam you shouldn’t run in the house.” the older mare ordered. “Velvet? What’s wrong?” Another older voice called out. “It’s okay Hun, just the kids running in the house again.” A blue colt appeared from the kitchen. He extended a hoof and patted Twilight’s head. “Just a few more months and time will come” He said. “Dad when I grow up I’m going to be a knight!” Shining Armor said, rearing up on his hind legs and throwing his fore hooves a bit. Their father let out a chuckle “I’m sure you will be Shining, I’m sure you will.” Velvet looked at Twilight Sparkle “Why don’t you go outside to play instead of roughhousing with your brother, it would be a nice change to have some friends of your age.” She told her. Twilight Sparkle put her nose up and trotted off to her books, she was studying hard for a three year old mare. She really wanted to get accepted to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns. Nothing in the world would stop her. If she had friends she thought she would become too distracted and quickly fail the exam. Shining armor looked at Velvet and shrugged. “I guess I will go watch the guards now if all Twily’s going to do is study.” He said and trotted off. Velvet stepped forward to examine the plant. The plant was okay, shaken a bit at the most. She looked on the same shelf, looking at a picture. The last picture she was able to take before her mother passed on. A younger Twilight Velvet stood next to an old purple and white mare and a younger sky blue mare. “Those were the days” She said.


Glimmer took a pen in her mouth; all her magic could do for her now was levitate real small objects like bits. Her penmanship was not good. Not good at all. She did a sloppy signature on the paper. It was half legible but still counted. Midnight was by her side, helping her balance as she made her way out of the hospital. The magical build up was strong enough to knock her out for less than a day, but knowing her she was up again and ready to move on. “Mid, when I get home will you help me research?” She asked him. “Of course Glim, I was wondering when you would say that.” He told her as they made their way out of the hospital. “I still think you should visit your sister, she is always busy with her children its hard for her to enjoy life” He said. “Yeah...” Glimmer answered, stammering the answer this time. Children would knock her off schedule and ruin her spell studies. That’s why she opted not to choose Midnight as a companion but just as a friend. The simple house that belonged to Glimmer lay dead ahead. As Glimmer and Midnight stepped inside Glimmers eyes fell on the broken glass. “No.” She said worriedly. “No..nonononono.... This won’t do.” She exclaimed. She ran to the extract. Not one drop remained. The Candies were also gone too. Glimmer Shine lied on her stomach staring at the broken glass. This was one spell that went wrong, terribly. “Midnight. Tell me what happened. All of it.”


A single tear dropped off Velvets face. The memories of her mother who never saw her first grandfoal and grandfilly were kept deep in her heart. “Thank goodness I am not as emotional as sis” Velvet said, knowing her sisters tears would be making it flood. She turned her attention back to Twilight Sparkle. All the simple levitation spells were laid out on the ground, Twilight’s scribbles of notes and adjustments on most of them. Velvet levitated a stack of the papers and carefully placed it on Twilight’s desk which was once Shining Armour’s. As she placed the papers on her desk she noticed something, a small toy soldier. “Hmm this will be fun” Velvet muttered to herself, ready for the time to taunt Shining. Twilight Sparkle however was flipping the pages of a book frantically, looking for the spells she could perform first. She wanted her first spell to be the best she could conjure up. She had to show Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria how talented she could really be. After all Princess Celestia was her role model and leader. Twilight Sparkle sighed, her horn glowing in a very faint aura. The books pages moved a tiny bit, like they were touched by the slightest of winds. “Well it’s a start” the filly said, gasping for air. She would truly need tons of practice to pull off the act of impressing Celestia.


Shining Armour watched the guards intently, slowly creeping up on one and trying to step in line. The guards noticed him right away and ordered him to step back. He wanted something better to do. Something more interesting then being rejected by guards. He summoned up a small telekinesis spell and tried to lift the hat off a guard. Surely that would get its attention. He wanted to join them, wishing to be loyal to Equestria. Wishing to show his determination. The guard, who seemed to be spaced out, happened to be a Pegasi. “Hmm” The guard next to the target mumbled as the helmet started to float off his co-guard’s head. The helmet clattered onto Shining Armor’s head. The second guard nudged the pegasi once. “DISCORD WHERE?” The pegasi shouted. The other guard face-hoofed and pointed to Shining Armour, who did not have any idea of what discord was. The pegasi Guard stepped forward. “Hey buddy can I have my helmet back?” He asked Shining Armour. “So you can talk” Shining Armor observed. “I want to be just like you when I grow up.” The pegasi took the helmet off Shining’s head. “That’s a long way to go, and you have to have physical examinations and your coat died and..” “Quit it out!” the second guard said. “If ever recruiter talked like that we wouldn’t have any guards”. “Sorry buddy but you have to wait till you grow up.” The pegasi finally concluded as he stepped back in line. “Hey can you at least tell me your name?” Shining asked, pleased that he finally had a communication of some sorts with a guard. “Name’s FeatherVane” He said. “Yes FeatherVane Sir” Shining said as he imitated a salute and trotted off to tell Velvet and Lunar of his exiting adventure.

Comments ( 1 )

Okay so if you downvote it may you please tell me why? If its just because of the concept then I accept your opinion. If its because of the style, tell me what I can do differently to help it out.

Login or register to comment