• Published 18th May 2012
  • 552 Views, 1 Comments

Concealed Fates - Fire Lynx



In another Equestria one pony makes the mistake of her life, one that will change Equestrias history

  • ...
 1
 552

An unexpected turn

The room lit up along with it. Her horn held the most vibrant light. She looked at the items laid out in front of her again. If this could happen genetic engineering could change forever. The items were neatly placed, in the order her book required her to; some candies from Sugar Cube Corner as well as some jars of spicy rainbow extract. This was one of the oldest spells in the book, locked and hidden away; Far from civilisation in the Everfree Forest. The Mare flinched as another wave of power shook her. It would not be long now, the spell was almost ready. A ball of light started to rise from her horn, picking up the items with it. The door opened. Her concentration fell. She was too deep into the spell to reverse the current event and summon a protection shield. “Hey Glisten” a colt’s voice called out. He failed to notice that he was under the magic influence of her spell along with the Candy and Rainbow Extract. “Mid” She shrieked. It was way too late now. Her eyes flashing white once before the whole room was blinded fully. The jars of rainbow extract shattered against the floor, without the contents. The lights were off, the discharge of the spell, effecting all the electricity in the house. Midnight Storm by this time had his eyes open, seeing that Glisten was unconscious on the floor, an ancient, torn spell in front of her, alone with a revised one. He trotted over to her. “Glist?” He tapped her with a hoof. “Glist?...GLISTENING SHINE WAKE UP THIS INSTANT” He yelled prodding her with a hoof once more. It was useless.


It was around five AM when she awoke. The bed seemed so comfy that she didn’t wish to leave it. She had to though, it was morning and she had to continue her studies. She was about slam the cover off of the bed as she realised. “How did I even get into bed?” She asked herself quietly. The last thing she knew was that she called out a warning to Midnight. She heard a faint beeping noise, as she uncovered her blanket it grew louder. “Not this place” She remarked, smelling the familiar sanitary smell of a hospital; Canterlot general Hospital. She groaned. Hospitals were far from her favorite place to be. They always brought back memories of her mother’s death; her mother being Dawn-Dream. She pulled one hoof forward, it was tugged softly. She brought the hoof closer to her head; it was indeed a UV. She let out a long sigh and wondered how this could get worse. What did the spell do to her even?


A loud yawn; the bed sheets rippled as Midnight stretched. He was sleeping on the hospital floor next to Glisten’s bed, as a true friend would. He got up and looked over to Glisten who happened to be staring back at him. “Glad you’re awake Glis” He said smiling a bit. He nuzzled her, just when a nurse approached. The nurse looked at the pair “So cute” She remarked. “You will make a great pair in time” She implied. Midnight quickly jerked his head away from hers. “But we arn’” He was cut off by the nurse. “Now dear how are you feeling?” The nurse asked Glistening. “Huh, oh I am okay” Glistening replied, trying to lie her way out of the hospital. “You are lucky to have a colt friend like him darling, without him you would probably have died of magic exertion.” Glimmering sneered at the nurse when she mentioned the word Colt friend. She despised getting called that. She and Midnight were just friends. Nothing more....
For now.


The nurse finished checking Glimmer; she refilled the magic filled UV bag and started to trot out of the room. “By the way, Doctor X will be in soon to ask you some things critical to your condition.” Glimmer once again showed a bit of hatred towards the nurse, and then turned her attention towards Midnight. “Mid, why did you? “ She asked him. “I saw you there, completely helpless like a pegasi with broken wings. I had to help you Glimmer. I had to.” He told her. She sighed. “Promise you won’t trot into my house without scheduling first?” She asked him. “Promise” He said, taking his hoof. The doctor entered the room, magiking a clipboard. “Glimmer. I suppose that’s you.” He said addressing the mare. “Yes it is” She said truthfully. “Your friend will have to exit the room now” He told her. “Doctor” Midnight Storm spoke up. “I know what happened better than she did, please allow me to stay.” “Very well” Dr X agreed. “So what’s your full name Glimmer?” He asked, wondering if he had any records on Glimmer. “Glimmer Shine” She said. The doctor walked over to a cabinet and started to fish through the files. “Oh, I knew your mother; she was here before wasn’t she?” Glimmer nodded solemnly. “Her last breath was taken in this very hospital” She admitted. “Well then, Glimmer can you start us off?” The doctor asked as he sat on the stool.


“Well I was trying to do this complicated spell, and I guess the wind distracted me so I messed up big-time” She said, lying once more, she didn’t want Midnight blamed for this under any circumstances. “I walked in and saw her unconscious on the floor, glass shattered beside her” Midnight stepped in; most of what he said was truthful. “I tried awaking her but she wouldn’t so I rushed her over here. I could sense her aura without even touching her” He admitted. The doctor nodded, writing down every last bit of the description both ponies told him. “She must have had a magical build up when she went unconscious,” He stated “yes what would explain the aura. Glimmer, you are allowed to leave when you wish but by my orders, you must not use your horn, rest it for a while and if you get any headaches be sure to come back to my office at 1643 Haygrain avenue.” He told her. She sighed, the sooner she could get out the better. “And you.” The doctor waved a hoof at Midnight. “Take good care of her, perhaps help her with daily chores for a while, you know things with magic.” He nodded. The doctor left, having to go to a different patient. Midnight looked over at Glimmer. “You have something troubling you. Admit it” He confronted her.