• Published 29th Apr 2017
  • 13,543 Views, 1,418 Comments

Truly Divine - Onomonopia

  • ...
71
 1,418
 13,543

Devourer

With a roar of thunder that could be heard even within the vacuum of space Thor hurled himself through the screen of the ship, shattering the material and slamming onto the center platform within the spacecraft. Around him were thousands of machines and devices that would have intrigued any being, but Thor couldn't afford to pay them any mind as he stared up at one of the greatest threats that he had ever faced in his life...and never alone.

"Galactus," Thor seethed as he stared up at the ancient being. Galactus was the size of one of the titans that had plagued Equestria, but far more dangerous in every way. His suit was composed of a purple and blue material, material that was far beyond any technology that Thor had ever seen. But as the purple eyes of the galactic devourer glared down at Thor, the god of thunder felt a twinge of fear creep up his spine. Thor never felt afraid.

"The god of thunder. I did not expect to find you so far out in the cosmos," Galactus said to Thor. Thor felt himself grit his teeth as Galactus spoke, as even the ancient beings voice held a power in it that made Thor very nervous. "But while I may not know what brings you out this far, I assume that it can only be to be a thorn in my side."

"Aye, I am here to block your path, devourer of worlds," Thor promised as he pointed Mjolnir towards the colossal being. "But just this once Thor is feeling merciful. If thou turn around and leave this place, never to return, then Thor will have no reason to sever your head from your shoulders. I would take my offer, Galactus, for it will not come again."

"Your threats are as empty as your head, so called god. Both of us know that you alone can not defeat me. You could barely hold me off with all of your heroes combined...and even then, all you could do was drive me away," Galactus stated as he clench his fists atop his chair, making the whole room shake as the power cosmic began to form in them. "So I will give you my counter offer. Move aside or be destroyed."

"That is something I cannot do. I know that you are here to feast upon the planet known as Equestria," Thor said to the ancient being. "A land filled with magic and wonder, with beings that are kind and gentle. They do not deserve to feel your wrath. So only once more do I ask that you leave this place and find another planet to feast upon...or I will oppose you."

"Another planet with magic? I have eaten so many of those," Galactus said with what sounded like disgust. But then Galactus slowy began to rise from his throne, shaking the ship as he reached his full height and glared down at the god of thunder. The power cosmic formed in Galactus's hands and even Thor, with all of the divine power in the world, felt himself slowly back away from the power cosmic. "But my hunger is eternal, so I must eat. And this planet will soothe my hunger for now. This is the last chance I give you, god of noise. Leave or face me."

"You already know what my answer will be," Thor said with a snarl as he took up his most trusted friend once more.

"So be it."

'Hercules, this be Thor. I know that I would never pray to you if I had any other option, but I am in dire need of help,' Thor silently prayed as he glared at the colossal being that slowly began to walk towards him. 'I am about to do battle with Galactus in the far reaches of the cosmos and I cannot hope to best him alone. If you hear my prayers, gather the Avengers and bring them to me. Galactus wishes to eat a world filled with innocent beings, beings that do not deserve to be devoured. I will hold off Galactus as long as I can...which may not be long.'

Thor then hefted Mjolnir over his head and let out a bellow, summoning thunderclouds within the very spacecraft. Thunder roared and lightning crackled all around the ship, but Galactus paid the storm no mind as he approached Thor. Thor let out his mightiest bellow before he kicked off the ground and hurled himself towards the devourer.

"For Equis!" Thor rumbled as he stuck at the chest of Galactus, swinging Mjolnir for all he was worth. The hammer let out a torrent of lightning when it connected, sending divine lightning coursing up the chest and body of Galactus. The ancient being let out a rumble of pain as he staggered back, but when he turned his gaze back towards Thor the god saw that he had only made Galactus angry.

"Begone," Galactus said as he pointed a hand and Thor, unleashing hell upon the god in the form of the power cosmic. Thor crossed his arms right before he was consumed by the power cosmic. The roar of pain that Thor let out was consumed by the roaring of the power cosmic, which pinned Thor to the floor of the chamber. Galactus then raised a second hand and unleashed even more of the power cosmic into Thor, who was practically lost within the assault.

"You were a fool to face me alone, Thor," Galactus said before he ceased is attack, looking down to see a smoldering god laying on the floor. "And you were an even greater fool to think that you would be able to stop me. The mightiest beings in countless worlds could barely slowly my advance and that was when they had their entire planet to fight me. What could you do alone?"

Thor let out a pained gasp before he slowly began to push himself back up to his feet. The pain that he was feeling was agonizing, but it was far from the worst pain that the god of thunder had ever faced. With defiance in his eyes and Mjolnir in his hand Thor thrust himself back to his feet, glaring up at the cosmic being.

"Your futile resistance has been amusing, but it is time for this to end," Galactus stated as he pointed his hand towards Thor once more, summoning all of the power cosmic into it. "Time for your eternal rest, Thor."

"Nay, I shall never rest...for I shall never tire!" Thor bellowed as he summoned every last ounce of godly lightning and power that he could bring forth into the hammer of Mjolnir, which he then thrust towards Galactus with a cry of, "MIGHTY THUNDER!"

Lightning erupted forth from the head of Mjolnir just as Galactus unleashed the power cosmic towards the god of thunder. The power of the divine clashed with the power cosmic, unleashing enough power and energy to begin to rip the ship apart. Thor bellowed with rage as he poured every last ounce of his strength into the attack, while Galactus glared down at the beam struggle with the same blank expression on his face that he always wore.

Thor felt himself being pushed back and knew that even with all of his might and all of his strength that the power cosmic was too much for him to be able to best. But then the god thought of Autumn and how desperately she had prayed for someone to save her world. He then thought of Summer and how much that mare had given to keep her daughter safe. And finally he thought of Discord, who had gone through so much to finally become the god he wanted to be. And Thor knew he couldn't lose yet.

Thor then let out a roar that shook the heavens, pouring more power into his lightning than he knew that he had. With the additional power and the thoughts of all of his friends fueling him Thor was able to slowly begin to push back Galactus's power, making the cosmic beings eyes widen in surprise when he saw that his power cosmic was losing to the divine power of Thor. And then Galactus raised his other hand.

{([])}

All eyes in Equestria were drawn towards the heavens as a massive explosion detonated near the moon, an explosion that was filled with thunder, lightning and a strange source of power that the ponies didn't recognize. As the ponies normally did, upon seeing the explosion they all began to scream and run around in circles, figuring that the end of the world was at hand. Only Discord, Celestia, Luna and the Ambassadors keep their wits about them, but the fear that the other ponies felt was not lost on them.

"What in the name of Faust was that?" Celestia asked Discord.

"That was Thor," Discord revealed, getting all of the ponies to look at him with shock. "He is battling...something up there. Something with a power the likes of which that makes me want to crawl up and die. It's a power that could match...no, surpass the power of Thor."

Celestia's eyes widened with disbelief before she drew forth the mirror that she had used to trap Janis within. "Janis you eternal coward, speak to me! What manner of being did you bring to Equestria?!"

'A being the likes of which none of you can stop. A being that will put an end to all those fools that sough to oppose me. A being that will slay your precious god of thunder as if he were a gnat,' Janis laughed from within the mirror, getting Celestia to snarl before she tossed the mirror into a vortex.

"He is lying, right? Thor cannot be bested?" Luna asked Discord and Celestia. She chuckled nervously after she said this, but when Discord and Celestia continued wearing grim expressions the princess of the night realized just how serious the situation was.

"Are those...comets?" Twilight asked as balls of fire appeared in the sky, heading down towards the planet.

"No, those are the remains of whatever was caught in that explosion!" Celestia cried out. She flapped her wings and took to the sky, with her sister and Discord following suit. "And whatever they are they are not burning up in the atmosphere! We need to make sure that none of them strike any of the ponies! Hurry my friends!"

Celestia, Luna and Discord all took off together, all three of them heading for the spot where most of the shrapnel was heading. With a roar Celestia unleashed her solar magic into the fragments of whatever had been destroyed, but to her horror she found that the metal that was plummeting towards the planet was strong enough to withstand her magic.

"Don't try to destroy it, just focus on teleporting it," Discord told the other two. He snapped his fingers and created a barrier of vortexs that lead to all sorts of abandoned locations, like deserts or the bottom of the ocean. Celestia and Luna followed his lead, creating portals of their own that lead to locations where nopony would be harmed.

The group zipped back and forth across the vast sky, having to move as fast as their wings would carry them in order to catch all of the pieces before any of them could strike the planet. But after nearly twenty minutes of constant teleportation, the three were finally allowed a moments rest when all of the biggest pieces were finally removed from the sky.

"Alright, it seems like we got all of them," Luna said. "Now hopefully Thor has dealt with whatever it was that created these pieces and we can get back to our normal day."

"Speaking of Thor, is that what I think it is?" Celestia asked. Discord and Luna followed Celestia's gaze to see that one more object had fallen into the planet's atmosphere, but unlike the large chunks of metal all three of the group instantly recognized what was falling towards them. They moved out of the way and allowed the flaming object to go sailing past, where it impacted in a field far below them and create a massive crater.

The three flew down and landed within the crater, only for their eyes to go wide when they saw what lay at the bottom. For what lay head down and covered in blood was the mighty Mjolnir, with ash and soot covering the normally silver hammer. But even as Celestia extended her hoof and called the hammer to her the others began to look around for who normally followed after the hammer.

"This...is godly blood," Celestia told the other two as she examined the hammer's head.

"Then...does that mean Thor...?" Luna asked.

"It could be the blood of whatever he was facing. If anything was going to give him that much trouble it would have to be another divine," Discord put forward.

Yet before they could continue their discussion on what the being might have been, all three of them felt a wave of terror wash over them. All at once they all turned their heads towards the sky, where the clouds overhead were being parted by a power that none of them had ever felt in their lives. A power that was as ancient as it was unstoppable.

Then the being behind the power began to descend from the sky. He was as tall as the titans but far more muscular. He wore a suit of armor that was blue and purple in color, yet somehow looking upon it filled all with a sense of dread. And then there was the eyes beneath his helmet. Eyes that did not see an inhabited world or millions of lives each with their own story. All the eyes saw was food...and things that would have to be destroyed so that he could get that food.

"Curse that Thor, destroying my vessel and the machine which feeds me," the voice of the titan boomed across the land, getting screams of horror to follow it. "Without my machine it will take far longer to extract the energy from this planet. Yet all his sacrifice has done is force me to work slightly harder to get what I came here for."

The being then extended both hands and channeled its power into them, allowing all of the world to feel his power first hand. And upon feeling the power cosmic for the first time, all of the fight and desire to resist that any pony would have felt was stripped from them. All anypony could do was just sit down and wait for the end to come.

"W-what should we do?" Luna asked her sister and the god.

"Should we pray?" Celestia asked.

"Honestly Celestia, no amount of praying will help us now," Discord whispered. "I think...this is it."