• Published 29th Apr 2017
  • 13,541 Views, 1,418 Comments

Truly Divine - Onomonopia

  • ...
71
 1,418
 13,541

Rock the Dragon

"How? How could Thor have slain Toraxo?" Janis asked Rose, the both of them sitting at a table made of a divine material that mortals could only dream of. Rose was serving herself some tea while Janis constantly switched back and forth between his heads, both of the faces with a look of concern upon their faces. "We knew that Thor was powerful, but to think that he actually had the power to strike down one of us..."

"It was unexpected, but not entirely a surprise," Rose responded in a calm manner as she took a sip of her tea, getting both of Janis's faces to lock onto her with confusion. "Thor is a god far beyond anything we have ever seen, even as divine ourselves. Toraxo's foolish attempt to put Thor in his place showed us this. Thor is not a god we can defeat, not in the traditional sense."

"Then how do we defeat him? What can possibly be done to stop a god that can slay other gods?" Janis asked, curious to see how Rose would respond. The goddess of the zebras took a moment to finish the rest of her tea, before pouring herself some more from a kettle made of petals.

"Strength is not the key to defeating the god of thunder. He is the strongest god that I have ever seen. And his hammer makes him beyond physical force," Rose said once more, getting Janis to switch faces with frustration. "And deception or bribery would not work on him, for he is either too honorable or too stupid to allow either to work on him. No, what we need is something that even he cannot stop. Something that would best Thor."

"Are all of your species so damn cryptic?" Sinaj roared at Rose before grabbing hold of the kettle and blasting it away into nothingness. Rose gave him an annoyed look before she waved her hoof, summoning petals of flowers to form a new kettle for her tea. "If you have a way to defeat Thor, then just spit it out!"

"Blindly rushing against Thor will only end in our own destruction. Look at what is left of Toraxo," Rose stated calmly for Janis, talking to him as if she was talking to a child. Janis's faces began to spin faster than Rose could keep up with, getting her to sigh before placing her cup on the table and rising to meet Janis's eyes. "Yes, I have something that may manage to defeat Thor. Or at the very least, make sure that he never bothers us again. But you must be patient. For if you are not, you will end up like the other gods."

"You have something that can stop him?" Sinaj asked, but Rose shook her head and moved her hoof, getting the petals to circle around her and create the image of the god of thunder in battle with the god of the dragons. Janis let out a gasp as the image vanished, but the bitter smile that Rose had on her face told him everything.

"It seems that another one of us did not learn from Toraxo's mistake. Brute force cannot best the god of thunder" Rose stated, before she looked over at Janis with an evil smile. "But there are other ways to destroy a god. Have you ever wondered what happened to Faust?"

({[]})

The roar of a divine dragon echoed across the skies, followed by a roar of thunder that drowned out the voice of a god. Clouds blacker than a void circled above the entirety of Equestria, why blows that could shatter planets rocked the very land the thunderer sought to protect. Citizens took cover inside of their homes and with their families, certain that the world was coming to an end. As the two gods fought, both believed that it would should the other prevail.

"Thou cannot win!" Thor roared as he lashed out with Mjolnir, striking Shelor in the center of his skull. The god of the dragons roared with pain as he was sent crashing into the lands below, his body covering an entire mountain range as he crashed into the earth. "Cease this battle, god of dragons, or I shall not hold back my power any longer!"

"You know I cannot do that, god of thunder," Shelor roared as he rose back into the sky, circling his lengthy body around Thor and using it to cut the god off from the clouds that rumbled over head. Thor snarled as he begun to swing Mjolnir over his head, getting lightning to flash from the hammer. Shelor opened his maw and unleashed a tidal wave of water that consumed the god of thunder. Thor roared as the water wrapped around him, seeking to extinguish the thunder and life with the god. "I will defeat you. My nation will see that their prayers will be answered whenever they call upon me. But in doing so, you must fall. I am sorry."

With a bellow of fury that could be heard across the nine realms, Thor slammed the head of Mjolnir into his hand to generate a shockwave of electricity. The shockwave blasted apart the sphere of water that had been ripping Thor apart, freeing him and allowing Thor to face the god of dragons with a renewed thunder in his eyes. Thor hoisted Mjolnir into the air and brought down divine lightning that struck all along the body of the god of dragons, who roared in pain as the lightning forced him back down to the planet's surface.

"So ye say, but Thor has other plans for how this battle shall go!" Thor roared before he let Mjolnir fly towards the dragon god. The hammer tore apart the sky as it flew towards the fallen dragon god, who lifted his head in time to let loose a gale strong enough to blow away the moon. But while satellites and planets would have been swept away by the mighty gale, the hammer of the gods was not deterred from its path.

Shelor roared in pain as the divine hammer struck him in the chest, generating a shockwave powerful enough to knock the dragon god over and cause him to create a new lake from his head impacting the planet. Thor oustretched his hand and a moment later Mjolnir returned to him, now slightly covered in godly blood.

"Yield, Shelor," Thor called down to the god when he spied that the dragon as trying to rise once more. Shelor's response was to lift his head towards where the god of thunder floated and open his maw once more, this time firing a beam of pure energy towards Thor. Thor thrust Mjolnir to the side and used the weight to yank himself out of the way of the blast, which pierced through the clouds and traveled into the blackness of space.

"Fall, Thor!" Shelor roared as he fired more and more blasts of energy towards the god of thunder, who weaved in and out of the shots with no room for error. But as Thor came to a stop his eyes went wide as he realized that none of the blasts he had avoided had vanished. He looked around him to see that all of the blasts of energy were now floating around him as spheres, trapping him with their magnitude alone.

Shelor then let out a bellow that sent all of the sphere' hurtling towards Thor, who gritted his teeth as he crossed his arms. The very sky was set ablaze by the dozens of explosions that went off, as each of the energy spheres detonated against the god of thunder. After nearly ripping the heavens asunder, Shelor ceased the attack and began to breath heavily, gazing towards the smoke filled sky with anticipation.

"Is that all you can muster?"

Shelor's eyes widened with horror as the smoke began to clear from the heavens, revealing a very angry god of thunder who glared down at Shelor. To Shelor's slowly increasing horror, he found that there was not so much as a scratch on the god of thunder, but there was a look of rage upon his face that sent a shiver down the massive body of Shelor.

"This...cannot be," Shelor whispered to himself as he slowly began to back away from Thor, who floated down so that he was on eye level with Shelor. "That was enough power to decimate the world! To rend blackholes! To bring the very fabric of reality to-"

Faster than even the eyes of a god could see, Thor slammed his body into the throat of Shelor and sent the dragon go hurtling across the sky. In a flash of thunder Thor appeared behind Shelor, driving a knee into the back of the dragon's head to send him crashing down towards the planet below. Thor grabbed the tail of the god as it passed by, yanking back and stopping the gods decent. Thor then begun to spin the dragon god, hurling him right into the side of one of the few mountains that had managed to remain standing during their battle.

"Your power is great, but it is nothing compared to my power," Thor told Shelor as Thor lifted Mjolnir once more, summoning clouds above his head that were filled with enough lightning to strike down even the greatest of foes. Thor's eyes filled with lightning as he glared down at Shelor, before a massive bolt of lightning descended from on high and struck the hammer. Thor's body was filled with the power of divine lightning, power that made his body glow brighter than the sun as he aimed Mjolnir at Shelor.

"Fall."

With a thunderous roar that would have deafened any mortal that could have heard it, Thor unleashed a bolt of lightning beyond anything that a mortal could have comprehended. The blast of lightning consumed the dragon go as well as the mountain range the god was lying on, as well as anything else in a five mile radius around the dragon. The bolt of lightning then ascended into the heavens, shaking the planet to its very core. The roar of the dragon god was lost within the thunder, but as the lightning storm reached it's peak, Thor swung Mjolnir to the side and ceased his attack.

As the lightning faded away back into the air, Thor looked down at his divine foe. Shelor's entire body was covered in burns and the landscape around him had been turned into a black and barren wasteland. The mountain range was gone, leaving only the dragon that had been resting upon it. Thor slowly floated down next to the head of Shelor, who let out a weak moan as his glazy eyes focused on Thor.

"Well what are...you waiting for...god of thunder?" Shelor asked Thor, who gazed down upon the dragon god with eyes that could not be read. "You have...bested me...finish it. Put an end to me. That is...how the code of our gods works...so if you...wish to be a god of this world...strike me down..."

Thor narrowed his eyes at Shelor's words before he lifted Mjolnir over his head, taking aim at the center of Shelor's skull. Then Thor snarled and lowered his arm, before turning and walking away from the dragon god. "Nay, you shall not see Valhalla today, god of the dragons. Ye shall live and return to your nation, knowing that you could not best the god of thunder. And they shall know in the future that it is not wise to anger Thor, god of Equestria. Now leave my sight."

"You...will live...to regret this Thor," Shelor said as he slowly began to lift his body, grimacing in pain with each movement. "Gods...do not forgive...we never have and never will. And the sooner you learn this...the sooner you can be the god that this world needs."

"Leave, Shelor. Before you feel the impact of my hammer once more," Thor said in a cold voice to Shelor. Thor waited until he felt the dragon's presence leave the area, before he let out a sighed and looked around at all of the destruction the battle with the god had caused. His attention was taken away from the destruction when he sensed Discord landing behind him, getting Thor to turn to see that Discord wore a worried look upon his face.

"Well that was...something," Discord said as he clapped his hands together and looked around at what had once been a mountain range, whistling with disbelief when he saw all that was left was black ash. "Still don't know what I can believe more. That another god would pick a fight with you after seeing what you did to Toraxo. Or the fact that you beat down one of the oldest and powerful gods in Equestria."

"Tis barely was a battle. While powerful, he was far too large to use his power effectively and thus he left me with plenty of chances to strike him down," Thor said to Discord, who grunted slightly before looking around nervously. "Thou has something ye wish to say to me? Go ahead. Speak."

"This isn't going to help your situation," Discord told Thor, who let out a sigh as he realized that Discord was right. "If the land wasn't scared of you after you struck down Toraxo, then they'll be downright terrified of you now."

"He started the battle," Thor reminded Discord.

"Yeah, but they won't care about that. Also, these battles are going to affect Equestria's relationship with the other nations," Discord told Thor, who chose to stay silent this time. "The changelings aren't speaking to Celestia and Luna right now, which isn't a good sign. The dragons have never been friendly to dragons, but after hearing about how you bested their god they are sure not to be happy. You've really made things a lot more complicated."

"What else was I to do? Bow my head and accept their foolish decrees? Nay, Thor does not bow to anyone or anything, save the All-Father," Thor spat back in a thunderous tone, one that made Discord back away from Thor in a nervous way. Thor let out a sigh as he tried to contain his anger once again, before he began to swing Mjolnir over his head. "I will go and meet with the princesses, so that I may tell them of what has transpired. You do thou best to find the shadow beings and who is behind them. We must be quick. Time is against us."

"And why is that?" Discord asked Thor in a worried tone.

"Is it not obvious? First Toraxo, now Shelor. It is only a matter of time before Rose and Janis try to destroy Thor as well. And then I will be forced to strike them down."

Thor ascended into the sky after he said his peace, leaving Discord to watch the god of thunder fly off with a newfound concern about the future. 'Mighty Thor may be, but he knows nothing about talks or bargaining. If any god opposes him, he only knows how to go through them. And it's only a matter of time before we all pay for how headstrong he is.'