• Published 14th Jun 2016
  • 2,453 Views, 73 Comments

Spike the stallion - Wonder



Spike wants to be a pony again and Twilight wants to test a highly dangerous and possibly deadly spell. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
10
 73
 2,453

New Plan

"This sucks!" Scootaloo growled as she kicked the floor of their clubhouse. "What are we supposed to do now? I was so hyped for this sleepover." The other two crusaders muttered their agreement with her statement but neither offered any advice.

After the disappointment of having their plans ruined the three fillies had retreated to their base of operations, the cutie mark crusader clubhouse. As they lazed around the small tree house, the three fillies brooded over their unfortunate luck. Their plans never seemed to work out the way they wanted them to, no matter how airtight the plan was.

This just didn't make any sense to Sweetie Belle. Rarity had definitely said she was going away for a few days. She shouldn't have been home until the next day or maybe longer, so what had made her come home so soon. Was her trip cancelled for some reason? Was it all a ploy to catch her breaking the rules or was it something else? It made no sense.

"You girls just want to call the whole thing off? Ah don't mind heading home early." Apple Bloom suggestion seemed appealing but Scootaloo had other ideas.

"You want to quit?" The young speed-demon yelled. "We never give up! We are the cutie mark crusaders. We can't just give up! We can just have our sleepover somewhere else. How about right here!" She stomped her hoof on the sturdy floorboards in pride. "We are the cutie mark crusaders! Since when have we let our sisters get in the ways of our plans? We can totally pull of an amazing sleepover right here, right now!"

The other two fillies seemed hesitant at first but their mood quickly changed as they thought about Scootaloo's words. The young daredevil was right. They were the cutie mark crusaders. Nothing stood in their way. Especially not their older sisters. All together the three fillies made an agreement that on that night they would have the best sleepover ever.


The sun was beginning it's slow but ever continuing journey towards the horizon. It's long and arduous trek across the sky had seen many things. It had seen peace in the frozen tundra's to the north, or at least what the denizens below called north. The sun never really bothered with the words that the creatures below came up with. It was just nonsense to her. What she did care about was the world itself and all the beauty that rested upon it.

From her perch in the vast emptiness of space she saw fires burn in the molten plains of the dragon homeland and many other wondrous things. She watch the world evolve for centuries and she believed that every moment was precious because every second that she burned was another second that she gave life to the world below. The sun cared deeply for Equus and would always be their to keep it warm.

Unfortunately the sun was spiteful, and knew that it would not live forever so it had decided long ago that when it died it wouldn't go without a fight. If it was going down it would take the whole solar system with it. If it couldn't have Equus, nothing will.

The moon on the other side of the coin was perfectly happy to die peacefully so long as it got to be closer to it's long distance lover, the planet of Equus. It wished so much to be one with the planet below but their union would shatter the planet it loved so much in two. Like an age old tale, their love was forbidden so it sat it silence, orbiting close to the one it cared for but never being allowed to get near from fear of hurting it's one true love. The life of a satellite was difficult but she would manage it, somehow.

The planet of Equus just sat by itself, completely oblivious to the complicated emotions that were directed towards him. He happily took in the warmth of the sun all day long, the sun orbiting around it to keep the large planet nice and cosy all year round. The moon was pretty nice too, gently tugging on his solid surface with it's own gravity like a massage. Together the two orbs made Equus feel comfortable and relaxed. Equus did get the feeling that the moon was getting a bit too close sometimes but it may have just been his imagination. It never occurred to Equus why the two orbs stayed close by all these years. Occasional the sun would send him a shy wave in the form of a solar flare and he would normally blush in response. It's not like either celestial body could like Equus, right? Hopefully not because he had a thing for the planet next door.

The emotions of solar system went unnoticed by Princess Luna and Princess Celestia as they adjusted the trajectory of their respective charges. The solar princess lowered the sun unaware of the burning rage that could erupt if it ever found out that Equus couldn't return its love.

Luna still had not entirely mastered the control of the moon after her one-thousand year absence and accidentally nudged the colossal satellite an extra mile towards the planet which thrilled the shy rock to no end.

The day drew to an end and night began one again and it was as the celestial bodies moved into position that Spike and Rarity left Sugarcube Corner.

Rarity looked down the street as the towns many buildings lit up in response to the coming night. Restaurants began to serve dinner to their hungry customers and the two ponies couldn't help but feel hungry from all the smells that wafted through the towns.

"Say, darling. I know we only just finished our milkshake but would you be fine with stopping for a quick meal?" Rarity smiled and lean into Spike's side. "Pretty please." Spike was already going to agree but a little extra affection went a long way and Spike enthusiastically agreed to the mare's suggestion. Together the two decided to eat at a new pizza restaurant. There was a wide selection of pizzas including, in Rarity's opinion, a ghastly griffon friendly pizza. They eventually decided upon a Haywaiian pizza which Spike insisted he pay for, even if it did invlove him using the last of his money but Rarity didn't have to know that.

So with fresh food in front of the two they began to eat. Rarity decided to let go of her manners for the night and opted to use her hooves to eat the pizza instead of cutlery. Mainly because it didn't seem the restaurant had any to speak of. Still, despite the establishments lack of proper eating utensils she was quite happy with the food they served. Maybe she could take her friends there for lunch some other time. Her date seemed to enjoy the food as well and ate with fervor.

He didn't eat like a noble despite apparently being raised by somepony from Canterlot society but stallions will always be colts at heart. Get one worked up enough and they'll act like children until they're told off.

It was slightly refreshing to see a pony that didn't care what others thought. He seemed so young at heart and free spirited as if the world had not yet corrupted his ideals. She had suffered the wrath of Canterlot before and knew what it was like to have others force you down. How this random stallion had been raised in Canterlot and somehow grown up to be so possitive was a mystery. She would probably never know but she felt oddly comfortable around him as if they had been friends for a long time. He was kind. That was the best way to put it.

Many ponies she had met in Canterlot only cared for themselves and their personal image. She would be the first to admit that she held her own personal image on a pedestal. She had done a lot of things she regretted.

'Like when you decieved Spike into giving you his precious ruby because you thought it was pretty but have never worn it since.' The voice in her head spoke.

Well this was just perfect. Just when she thought her self loathing consciousness had taken a hike, it comes back at the worst time. She couldn't even talk back to herself because Spike would think she was crazy.

'So many Spike's in your life now. Maybe you can manipulate this one as well.'

"Will you shut up." Rarity whispered harshly in her shoulder. Spike looked up at her, a sliver of cheese hanging from the corner of his mouth.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing darling. Just thinking to myself." She announced. "You know how it is."

"Nope, but you should probably finish your pieces before they get could. Cold pizza is never good news." With that comment Spike ate the last of his pizza like a vacuum. Rarity smiled and ate her food. With all the seriousness surrounding her profession maybe what she needed was a little immaturity. Maybe a little chaos in her day to day life wasn't so bad.

Meanwhile, far away in a realm of pure unadulterated chaos, where pigs most certainly did fly and a big hungry caterpillar was free to eat all the damn fruit he could, a Draconoquus by the name of Discord sneezed. Someone in Equestria was thinking about chaos. Hopefully they didn't talk about it or he just might explode with joy.


In the span of only one hour the cutie mark crusader club house had been transformed, if you considered adding a few streamers, a pile of pillows plundered from their homes and some sleeping bags a transformation. In realistic terms the club house had been slightly altered temporarily but the three fillies responsible were still proud of there work.

"This is awesome!" Scootaloo jumped in the air, using her stunted wings to gain some upward momentum before plummeting back to the wooden floor of their tree house.

"Yeah, I can't wait to tell scary stories and have pillow fights." Sweetie Belle jumped with joy, the thought of all the fun they could have made her feel giddy.

"Oh, ya'll think you can beat me in a pillow fight, huh?" Apple Bloom grinned evilly, hefting one of the many pillows in her hand. "We'll see about that!" The yellow earth ponies threw the the fluffy projectile at her pegasus friend. The sleepover had officially begun.