• Published 14th Jun 2016
  • 2,453 Views, 73 Comments

Spike the stallion - Wonder



Spike wants to be a pony again and Twilight wants to test a highly dangerous and possibly deadly spell. What could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
10
 73
 2,453

Step one: Ask her out

Rarity looked at her customer with a mix of emotions, the most prevalent one being confusion. Sure, she was a mare of dignity, grace and beauty, and all should adore her for it, but this stallion was taking her by surprise at every turn.

"I'm sorry darling, could you repeat that. I'm almost certain I am misunderstanding you. It sounded for a moment as if you were asking me on a date." She laughed nervously.

"I-It doesn't have to be a date or anything." The stallion blushed profusely. "Maybe we could just grab a milkshake or something."

Rarity looked at the would-be customer in mild shock. He was actually asking her on a date! What should she do? She hadn't even hung out with a stallion in over a year, much less gone a date. If she outright refused he would be crushed but if she said yes he might get his hopes up. Maybe she could let him down gently? But how?

"Eh... about that dear. I'm not sure that I have the ti-" Rarity was about to continue but something clicked in her mind. "Did you say milkshakes?"

What kind of gentlepony takes a lady out for milkshakes? That's something you do with your childhood crush, not as a serious date. He can't be serious, can he?

"Well, yeah." Spike responded as if getting milkshakes was the obvious thing to do on a date. "The milkshakes at Sugarcube Corner are the best."

"That's not the point darling. Most stallions take a mare out to restaurants or the theatre for a date." Rarity could have gone on for hours about proper date etiquette but she opted not to.

"Well I'm not like most stallions, I guess." 'Smooth', Spike thought to himself.

Rarity had been out of the dating business for a long time. Practically ever since she had met Prince Blueblood. That stuck up bastard of a prince had ruined romance for her. That wasn't helped by the fact that most stallions thought they were out of her class so it was rare for them to ask her out. In fact, this odd pony in front of her was one of the first ponies in over a year to have to courage to actually ask her on a date, so at least he had bravery going for him... or stupidity? He was still far from a gentlepony though.

"Be it as it may, I am currently in no position to be starting a relationship. I am simply too busy."

"Not even just one date? You can't be that busy." Spike had seen Rarity finish her spring line just last week, if he recalled correctly. "Consider it a break from work to relax. I'll even pay for you milkshake."

"I should hope so." Rarity scoffed.

"So you're coming?!" Spike's ears shot up as he was filled with expectation.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt." The fashionista relented. She might as well accept. She had been getting stressed as of late so a night on the town might be fun. "But you are to conduct yourself in a respectable manner, understand?"

"Of course." Spike smiled at his success. "My lady."

"yes, well." Rarity turned away from the stallion to hide her reddening face. "I have much to do and little time to do it. Be sure to pick me up at sunset and try not to be late. A true gentlepony is punctual."

No problem, Rarity." Spike said, grinning as he trotted towards the door. "C'ya tonight."

Author's Note:

Alright. I still don't have a computer as of yet so I typed this on my phone, which is surprisingly difficult and annoying. I thought it would be nice to at least post SOMETHING, considering how long I've sadly been absent. Rest assured I'm still working on stories but just on paper.
This is just a short little chapter to keep things going. Sorry about the wait everyone.