• Published 31st May 2015
  • 7,212 Views, 115 Comments

Why Am I Luna!? - Grim The Pony Reaper



I tried to have a normal day today. When I got turned into Princess Luna from a cartoon with her subconscious still in my head, I realized that this day would be anything but simple.

  • ...
18
 115
 7,212

Chapter 1

After a long day of school, I turned my TV to the Netflix app to watch my new favorite anime. While I did this, I got my laptop and started to read a few fanfics(don't tell me I'm the only one that uses TV as background music). I had a pretty decent house, but I got great TV service. Well, up until the storm came. "Awwww, come on!"

I started to 'lightly' hit the TV, and soon realized that every time I hit the machine, the video would flicker on. Desperate to kill my brain cells, I started to rumble my hands on the top of the TV, while watching Devil is a Part Timer from an angle. This continued on for a while, but then I peeked at the window, and noticed something. The storm was getting worse.

The rain drenched the window, and lightning and thunder followed soon after. I didn't notice at first, but something felt off. This storm's been going on for a while. Is it getting any....wait, why is the lightning blue? I was right, the lightning was a dark blue. I was definitely sure that was impossible, so I just stood there. What I didn't know, however, was that the lightning was getting closer and closer to my house. All the time that I wasn't paying attention, the anomaly to science was getting dangerously close, and soon, it was close enough. The last thought I thought while breathing was, I have a lightning rod, right?

Are... you okay? I barely heard a voice say to me. Just to be sure the nameless voice was referring to me, I said,

"What?" I was soon replied to, confirming my suspicion.

I said, are you okay? I started to rub my head, trying to null the ache, when I finally answered the question I was given.

"Well, let's see. My ears are ringing, my vision is extremely blurry, I have a massive headache, and my limbs feel like they're bending the wrong way. So..... no, I'm not okay. Quite terrible, actually."

Ugh! That's the last time we don't pay attention to ourselves while walking on a balcony.

......I have a head voice..... that's probably not a good sign. But... "Excuse me, but what exactly... happened?"

"Ah, well, according to what I heard, you took a stumble off of the balcony of the castle. Thank Celestia there was a pond instead of cement." My vision was starting to clear up a bit. My hearing was too, judging from the voice getting clearer. "I'd love to stay, but a certain somepony has been begging to talk to you." Really? Somebody wants to talk to me? Who? I mean, I don't really know anyone... My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden hug.

um... okay....WHAT!?!?! "Oh, Lulu, I was so worried!" The unknown person exclaimed as she cuddled me. I was less than enjoying this, and sort of felt uncomfortable, but for some reason, it seemed that I knew that voice.

Celly! We missed you so much!

Shut up, head voi... Celly? You know this person?

Our sister is so kind!....Wait, person? What is a person?

I was about to tell the head voice that it was completely mental, but I was suddenly squeezed like a teddy bear. "Oh, sorry. Although, I think I can heal your wounds for you, dear sister." ...... I'm sorry, sister?

Just then, my sight was blinded, then somehow healed, as was my headache and hearing. Unfortunately I panicked (on the inside) when I saw the thing talking to me and cuddling me was a strange, alien creature. The two of us looked at each other, one with happiness, the other (me) with pure confusion and fear.

After I screamed in terror was mildly surprised, the so-named Celly looked upset. "What's wrong? Are you still in pain?" I answered, half panicking,

"Well, unless my eyes are deceiving me, which i HOPE they are, right in front of me is a..... giant....talking........pony." Celly just stared at me for a while, and turned her head and whispered to herself,

"Now i'm concerned on a number of levels." Soon after, she turned to me. "Well, let's start with what you remember. Will you allow me to read your memories?" I looked at her, dumbfounded, and mouthed, 'You can do that?',to which she nodded. I still looked at her in disbelief, and thought of something.

"Does it....hurt?" She shook her head, to my relief, and added,

"But to be fair, it does feel....how should I put this...mildly tingly." I shrugged, not knowing any better.

"Well... OK." She smiled at me, and then, for some reason, her horn became enveloped in a bright, golden light. It wasn't long after until I fell asleep, feeling tingly during my sleep.

When I woke up, Celly looked a bit worried, which made me nervous. "So...what's wrong?" Celly looked a bit startled at hearing my voice (which still sounded weird), and gave me a question in return.

"What is your name?", she asked with a worried voice. I paused for a moment, then replied.

"It's Grim. Dylan Grim. And yours? I have a feeling Celly is a nickname." She still looked worried, maybe even more than before, then seemed to calm herself down.

"My name is Celestia, and before we get started, please drink this." She held a glass towards me, expecting me to take it. Completely oblivious to the possible consequences, I swiped it from her hoof and drank it. What can I say? I was PARCHED!

"What was that, by the way? Didn't taste like anything I know." She replied quickly, sitting down and turning towards me.

"It's a special drink to help you keep calm. I've used it on several occasions, including on myself right now. Before we begin, you are in an.... odd situation, so I need you to believe everything that I tell you." I figured that wasn't a good sign from the second I heard it, but I let her continue. "When I looked into your memories, I found...strange results." Uh oh. "I saw your memories, but I also saw....my sister's." That confused me a lot.

"What do you mean?" She flinched for a second, and replied,

"Please look in that mirror.", pointing to an object lying on the wall. I got off the bed, walked over there without question, and saw myself.

Lets just say that drink was doing wonders. I stared into the mirror, moving a bit to make sure the reflection was myself. After this continued on for a while, I turned to Celestia.

"So I'm your....." I waved my hoof in a circle, beckoning for her to answer. It didn't take her too long to catch on.

"Sister. I think you may have been put into her mind." I pondered on that for a moment, and knew exactly what to do. Pointing to an object on the desk in the room, I asked,

"May I have that jar for a few minutes?" She used the glow thing on her horn to float it over to me, and I stuck my muzzle into the jar.

I screamed.

A lot.

Author's Note:

It's me again!! I think (though I'm not sure) this fic will have a good amount of similarities to Dash of Humanity, both on purpose and not. Just for future reference, here is a color key.

blue Is Luna's thoughts.
and...
italics are Grim's thoughts.

Correct me if anypony is OOC! BTW, I spell alicorn "alacorn" because, according to my research, the Latin word ala means wings and corn meaning horn, while ali means other, ie. alibi, alias, alien, etc.