• Published 31st May 2015
  • 8,354 Views, 150 Comments

A New Chaotic Life on the Road - FeltyElk7



After dying in my world, I become Discord at the beginning of Return of Harmony. After breaking out, I decide to time travel to a year and a half before the first episode and see all of Equestria as a traveling unicorn mare merchant.

  • ...
34
 150
 8,354

Chapter Five: Multiverse Theory 101

"This is bad.", I thought as Daring and Ahuizolt were both in shock, their brains trying to process the fact that I was Discord, "I was hoping to avoid this for a while longer, but it seems like I have now choice now."

Using my magic, I quickly bound Ahuizolt in chains so he wouldn't attack or try to escape.

"What the hay is going on here?!", Daring yelled, snapping out of her shock.

"Just stay calm, Daring.", I said, trying to avoid any hostility, "I can explain everything."

"I don't want explanations. I want the truth.", Daring said, "When exactly were you planing on telling me that you were actually Discord?"

"Actually, we were planning on telling you once we gain your trust, so you didn't freak out like you're doing right now.", Nightshade said as she walked over to me.

"Well excuse me, but I just found out that your "sister" is actually the spirit of chaos and disharmony, so I believe I have the right to freak out a bit.", Daring said.

"That is correct, Daring.", I said, "Also, you should know that you're only half right because while may I have Discord's body, the man himself isn't in the driver's seat right now."

"What's that supposed to mean?", Daring asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"Worry not, Daring, for I will gladly explain the situation to you.", I said, "But first..."

I then spun around like a twister and picked up Nightshade, Daring, and Ahuizolth. As I continue to spin, I made a chalkboard and three desks appear and I then placed the others each in a desk. Once they were all seated, I stopped spinning in front of the chalkboard, revealing that I had repaired my face and I was wearing half-moon spectacles and holding a teacher's stick in my hooves.

"All right, listen up.", I said, "Class is in session. Today's lesson is Multiverse Theory 101. Now then, does anyone have any questions before we start?"

Almost instantly, Daring raised her hoof in the air, trying to get my attention, while Ahuizolth was struggling to free himself from the chains, and Nightshade watching the whole thing with an amusing expression on her face.

"Yes, Miss Do, what is your question?", I asked after a few moments.

"I have two questions actually.", Daring said, "One, what does this lesson have to do with why your the spirit of chaos and disharmony, and two, why is Ahuizolth the only one in chains?"

"Everything will become clear by the end of the lesson, Daring.", I said with a small smile on my face, "And Ahuizolth is in chains for everyone's safety, including his own."

"Well, okay then." Daring said, "I still have some more questions, but I'll save them for later."

"Excellent!", I said before turning my attention to the blackboard and using my magic to draw images to go along with the lesson, "Now, to begin with, you should know that there are an infinite number of universes and the reality in each universe is different from our own. Now, in some universes, the differences are minuscule and unnoticeable while in other universes, the differences make it seem like you're on an entirely different world. There could be a universe were you and Ahuizolth are lovers, or a universe were you guys the opposite gender, or a universe where you two are lovers and the opposite gender."

I passed the lesson quickly and looked at Daring and Ahuizolth, who both had disgusted expressions at the thought of being lovers and/or the opposite gender. Meanwhile, Nightshade, who found the whole thing to be very humorous, was struggling to contain her laughter.

"Anyway, let's continue with our lesson.", I said, turning back to the blackboard, "Now, as I mentioned earlier, while I do have Discord's body and powers, Discord himself is not in control right now. The reason for this is because I am actually someone who died in an alternate universe and my spirit got throw into Discord's body. I'm not sure how or why this happened, but what I do know is that Discord is still in this body somewhere. I don't know how to bring him yet, but I will eventually. In the meantime, I have been traveling Equestria disguised as a pony, just seeing all there is to see."

"In any case, this concludes today's lesson.", I said, returning my attention to the others, "Now, I believe you had some more questions, Daring."

"Yes, I do.", said Daring, "Firstly, how do I know if what you've told me is the truth or not, and two, if it is true, how are you going to deal with Discord when you've found him?"

"Excellent questions, Daring.", I said, "To answer your first question, let me ask you something. If I really was Discord, wouldn't I have tried to take over Equestria by now?"

"Well, yeah.", Daring said after a few moments of silence, "That actually does make sense now that I think about."

"Exactly my point.", I said, taking off my spectacles, "I have no reason to take over Equestria, so you have nothing to worry about, my friend. Now, to answer your second, it's probably easier if I just show you."

Turning back to the blackboard, I charged up my magic and fired it at the blackboard, which opened up a portal upon impact. Upon looking through the portal, I saw the area on the other side. It was a massive void filled with floating islands of different shapes and sizes, which were connected by bridges made from random things. The sky was a swirl of both night and day, with the sun and the moon merged together into one sphere that was spinning in a circle. There were also many different creatures, such as flying pigs and sky fish, zooming all over the place. A floating train track ran through the void with as many twists and turns as a roller coaster with the train itself moving backwards. In the center of the void was a island bigger that the others, which had cotton candy clouds above it that were raining chocolate milk down on the island and rivers of lava that flowed upward off the island. The ground of the island was a purple checkerboard pattern and had long legged rabbits running across the landscape as well as some roads that were made from soap. There was also a town that resembled Ponyville when Discord turned it into "The Chaos Capital of the World" and in the center of the town stood Discord's high-back, ruby-eyed, horned throne from when he ruled Equestria. The town was inhabited, but the citizens were all currently hiding in their homes.

"What is that?", Daring asked as she and Nightshade walked over to the portal.

"That, my dear, is my greatest creation to date." I said, "You see, it all began a few weeks ago when I was viewing the many different realities in the multiverse. As I scrolled through universe after universe, I stumbled across something that peaked my interest. A world that perfectly normal with no villains, heroes, or princesses. An Equestria that had no Elements of Harmony in it. It was a universe that wasn't effected by any inside or outside forces. Upon realising this, a marvellous idea popped into my head. I could use this universe as a place for Discord to rule over as he sees fit so he wouldn't try and take over this Equestria again. In here, he can cause as much chaos as he wants to."

"That's... actually not a bad idea.", Daring said.

"I know, right?", I asked, "Anyway, since the portal is open, I might as well take care of something quickly."

Using my magic, I picked up Ahuizolth and levitated him over to the portal.

"Alright, listen up, buddy.", I said, "Do you see what's on the other side of the portal? That is where going to spend the rest of your life if you break the contract that you signed. So, you have two choices to make. You can either agree to uphold your end of the contract or you can be trapped in another dimension forever. What's it gonna be?"

Ahuizolth was silent for a few moments, considering his options carefully. Eventually, he came to a decision.

"I... will uphold my end of the bargain.", he said begrudgingly.

"Wise decision.", I said as I made the portal, the blackboard, the desks and the magical dome surrounding the area disappear.

"So, what are you going to do with him now?", Daring asked.

"Why, I'm going to send him off the old-fashioned way, of course." I said with a mischievous smile on my face, "I'm sending him off with a bang!"

I then dashed into my trailer and after a few minutes of rummaging, I came out with a large cannon, a crate of dynamite, and a small bomb. I picked Ahuizolth with my magic and shoved him into the cannon. Unfortunately, he wouldn't go in all the way, so I pull a giant mallet out of nowhere and hit him with enough to push him in, but not damage the cannon. Once he was inside all the way with only his tail-hand sticking out, I tossed the mallet into the trailer, loaded the dynamite into the cannon, and placed the bomb in the palm of his tail-hand. I then dashed to the other end of the cannon and pointed the cannon at the sky.

"Oh, oh, can I light the the fuse, Breezy?", Nightshade said excitedly, "Please?"

"Sure, go right ahead.", I said, moving out of the way.

"Thank you.", she said as she walked over to the cannon. Once she was there, she morphed her head into the head of a dragon. She then breathed fire onto the fuse, which ignited it, and morphed her head back to normal.

"Fire in the hole!", I yelled just as the last of the fuse ran out.

BOOM!!

The cannon fired with a mighty explosion, launching Ahuizolth, who was screaming at the top of his lungs, off into the distance until he was no longer visable.

"Well, that certainly was a bang, but it did seem a bit overkill.", Daring said, "Is he going to be alright?"

"Don't worry, he'll survive.", I assured her as I threw the cannon and the crate back into the trailer.

Suddenly, I felt my sixth sense go all kinds of crazy. Quickly reacting, I turned my eyes into binoculars and zoomed in on where I felt the disturbance. I then saw a group of royal guards that were heading in this direction.

"Oh, dear.", I said as I returned my eyes to normal, "It seems that our little finale has attracted some unwanted attention. We must leave immediately. You ready our escape, Nightshade, while I say goodbye to Daring ."

"On it, sis.", said Nightshade before she ran to the trailer.

"Sorry we have to leave so suddenly, Daring, but I don't want to deal with the authorities just yet.", I said.

"It's okay. I understand.", Daring said, "You need to keep up your secret identity. I totally get that."

"Speaking of which, you may want to change if you want to keep up your secret identity.", I said, pointing at her outfit.

Upon realising what I was talking about, Daring quickly ran into her house and after a few seconds, she ran back out wearing her A.K. Yearling disguise.

"Thanks for reminding me.", Daring said.

"No problem, and before I leave, I want to give you something.", I said before I pulled a fancy-looking hand mirror out of nowhere and gave it to her.

"A mirror?", Daring said confusingly as she took the mirror and held in her hoof.

"That's no ordinary mirror, my friend.", I said, "That is a magic mirror. All you have to do is press the red Jewel on the handle and you can call me if you need help or if you want to hang out."

"Oh, well, thank you.", Daring said as she put the mirror in her cloak.

"You're welcome.", I said before making my way to my trailer, "Well, until we meet again, arrivederci!"

I then ran to the front of the trailer and joined Nightshade, who was sitting on a bench attached to the trailer. Once I was seated next to her, she pushed a small button on the armrest on her side of the bench, which caused rocket boosters to pop out of the back of the trailer.

"Ready to go, sis?", Nightshade asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be.", I said

Nightshade then pulled a lever next to the bench that controlled the boasters. Unfortunately, she accidentally pull it all the way to "Ludicrous Speed" before it broke.

"Uh oh.", Nightshade and I said in unison.

Just then, the boosters kick in and we blasted off at speeds that would make Rainbow Dash jealous. We zoomed through the forest and up the Crystal Mountains so fast that when we reached the peak, we were launch into the sky and somehow end up rocketing out of the atmosphere.

"Well, things are looking pretty bad right now.", I said as the planet was getting farther away.

"There about to get even worse.", said Nightshade

"How could it possibly get any worse?", I asked.

Nightshade merely pointed in front of us and it was then that I saw that we were on a collision course... with the moon!

"I walked right into that one, didn't I?" I said.

"Yes, yes you did.", Nightshade said.

"Fair enough.", I said before I hit a red button on my armrest that said "Eject" on it, "Abandon ship!"

We were then launched from your seats and landed on the surface of the moon just before the trailer crashed behind us and exploded. It was then that I realised that Nightshade was right. Things had gotten worse because we were now on the moon, our trailer was destroyed, and the explosion had most likely alerted Nightmare Moon of our presence. Therefore, there was only one way to summarise our situation.

"Well... shit."

Author's Note:

And that's another chapter done!

Now, there are a couple of things I want everyone to know.

First of all, Daring Do knows about Discord because she researches a lot of her time dealing with ancient history.

Second, the "twister ability" that Breezy has is the one from the movie, "The Mask". She will be using this ability quite a bit in the future.

Thirdly, when Breezy and her friends return to Equestria, they will have an all new method of transportation which I won't spoil until it's time.

Next, the dimension that Breezy showed Daring is were Discord will live when he makes his return. Its appearance will change in the future depending on what Discord does with it.

Also, here's a link to a reference picture for those of you wondering what Discord's throne looks like.

Finally, I just started college last week, so while I may be busy with schoolwork, I won't let it stop me from continuing the story.

So, as always, leave your comments in the comment section and let me know what you think.

Bye!