• Published 31st May 2015
  • 8,354 Views, 150 Comments

A New Chaotic Life on the Road - FeltyElk7



After dying in my world, I become Discord at the beginning of Return of Harmony. After breaking out, I decide to time travel to a year and a half before the first episode and see all of Equestria as a traveling unicorn mare merchant.

  • ...
34
 150
 8,354

Prologue Part 1: Breaking Out

Darkness.

That was all that I saw when I died, nothing but darkness as far as the eye could see. There was nothing, just a endless black void. I couldn't move a single muscle and all I could hear was my own thoughts. All in all, I was completely bored out of my mind.

To be honest, I expexted the afterlife for me to be some fiery nether realm like hell, or maybe become a ghost, cursed to forever wander the earth without a purpose, never being able to rest in peace. But this, this is far worse than either of those two. But, there's nothing I can do about it. So, the only thing for me to do is try and make the most of it.

Suddenly, I start to hear something. At first, I thought I had finally lost it and was hearing things, but as I listened more closely, it sounded like someone was talking. After a few seconds, I could make out what they were saying.

"...to start our field trip here, in the world-famous Canterlot sculpture garden".

I then realised that the voice belong to Cherrilee from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. I thought I must be going crazy if I'm hearing a cartoon character's voice. But, before I could think about it anymore, the voice started heading towards me.

"Now this is a really interesting statue", Cherrilee said, "What do you notice about it?"

"It's got an eagle claw!", said a voice that sounded like Apple Bloom.

"And a lion paw!", said another voice that sounded like Scootaloo.

"And a snake tail!", said a third voice that sounded like Sweetie Belle

As I heard Cherrilee's voice start talking again, my mind was somewhere else. "Wait a minute",I thought, "Canterlot...Cherrilee...the CMC...me having a eagle claw, lion paw, and snake tail". Then, all of a sudden, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I had become Discord. Somehow, when I died, my soul had left my world and ended up in the body of Discord at the beginning of Return of Harmony. "Well, this...this is fantastic", I thought to myself, "This is the best day ever".

I've always be a fan of Discord because his powers are so awesome. I mean, he can change reality and open portals to other dimensions. You've got to admit that is pretty sweet.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when I heard the sound of Cherrilee's class leaving and the sound of stone cracking. I realised that Discord's stone prison was breaking. I focused with all my might trying to bust out until finally, I smashed straight out of there and was greeted by the blinding light of the sun.

When my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw where I was and I was speechless. "This is real", I thought, "I really am in Equestria". Everything looked exactly like it did in the show. Canterlot Castle was to my left and it was outstanding.

When I looked at my hands, I saw an eagle talon and a lion paw, my legs were a lizard leg and a donkey hoof, my body was that of a brown snake, I had a red, dragon tail with a white tuft on the end of it, and the wings of a bat and a blue bird.

"I really have become Discord", I thought, This is so cool".

I then snapped out of my thoughts when I realised who and where I was. "I better get out of here before Celestia finds me", I thought, "But first...". I concentrated and felt the magic build up inside me. Then, with a snap of my talon, the debris from my escape was gone and on the pedestal where I once stood was an exact replica of Discord's statue.

"Wow", I thought, "I can't believe that actually worked. Still, this is a pretty good replica. Hopefully, it'll be enough to fool Celestia for a while. Now, let's get out of here.

Once again, I gathered up my magic and teleported away from the garden and to somewhere else.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone!
This is the first fanfiction I have ever written in my whole life. So, I would appreciate it if you let me know if I made any errors in spelling or grammar and let me know what you think about it. Like and comment and all that stuff.