• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 774 Views, 41 Comments

The Story of 3 Hearts - Flutterbat276



This focuses on 2 ponies, Doctor Whooves and Derpy. Derpy, unknowing of what to come, lives her fantasy! Until a day where reality awakens her...

  • ...
0
 41
 774

Chapter 5: First Date

I stepped out of the TARDIS, Doctor right behind me. I blushed a bit as he held the door like a true gentle colt, even though the door doesn't automatically close. I was delighted to be at the gazebo with him. The timing wasn't as good as I imagined, but morning is just as beautiful as sunset, nonetheless. Doctor was hurrying to sit next to me as he set down a bag.

"What's that?" I asked, curiously. I suspected it was full of sweets and food, but I asked anyways. Just then, I smelled muffins, daisy sandwiches, and some apple pie. Doctor opened up the bag and handed me a muffin and a sandwich. "This is great. But didn't we just eat breakfast not too long ago?" I inquired. Doctor opened his mouth to say something, but he was interrupted by the familiar sound of the TARDIS door opening.

"Hey, did you forget about me?" Jack joked from the doorway, smiling. "Oh right! Sorry Jack. I guess I was just so excited," I said apologetically. I didn't know what to say to him, and it looked like the Doctor was at a loss for words as well. After a long moment of silence, Jack spoke up saying, "I'll just leave you two. I see I am probably interrupting something. And by the way, Dinky is pretty nice! Keeping quiet and such in her studying. Hope she makes it to that academy you were talking about!" I smiled at him, and asked him if he could watch her while we were outside. He nodded and trotted back inside.

"Well then...that was unexpected. Least we know somepony is watching the foal. He's a pretty nice guy when he wants to be," said Doctor. He looked back at me, then at the bag. He cut some pie and gave me a slice.

We must've been out there for hours! By the time I got up, it looked like it was noon. We went inside to find Dinky and Jack playing with a squishy ball. I giggled as he looked up at us and the ball hit the side of his head. Dinky laughed and asked if he was alright. "Yea, I'm fine," he said, rubbing his head with his right wing.

Later that afternoon, Doctor sneaked up behind me and scared me. We laughed together and it felt like we were the average couple in Ponyville instead of life savers, time travelers, and adventurers. I was happy for the first time since I was a filly with my mom at the Fillydelphia amusement park for my tenth birthday. My life was going perfectly that day and I thought that it would never get better than that! Boy was I in for a surprise!

Author's Note:

Phew...the first date went smoothly...hope that I can get this next chapter right, (caution, spoiler alert!!!) there will be time travel, live saving, or adventure next, so be prepared for a terrible one! Like I said the 1st chapter, I don't watch DW, so an adventure in time is difficult to write for me...I should know. Anyways, next chapter coming soon! :derpytongue2: