• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 772 Views, 41 Comments

The Story of 3 Hearts - Flutterbat276



This focuses on 2 ponies, Doctor Whooves and Derpy. Derpy, unknowing of what to come, lives her fantasy! Until a day where reality awakens her...

  • ...
0
 41
 772

Chapter 22: Bugged Out

I didn't have time to study the new stallion's features before he pushed me and the Doctor apart. At that point, the only thing that stood between us was the strange stallion. Doctor snarled at him angrily. The stallion between us stood his ground. I couldn't see his face, nor could I see his cutie mark, due to the massive amount of green goo that covered him head to hoof. What little patches of coat I could see through the goo was a light brown, a brown that I recognized.

"I suggest that you take your leave and leave my companion alone!" he said to the Doctor.

"S-sir! I don't know who you are, or why you are covered in slime, but please let us be!" I said.

"Ditzy, do you believe that he's real! Listen to me, that's a changeling! He trapped me in Dinky's old school work closet!" he said to me, turning his head enough to keep the supposed changeling in his peripherals while still being able to see me. It was in that moment that it clicked. His pacific blues looked right into my golden sunsets, and I finally realized who it was.

"D-Doctor!" I screamed. I didn't know whether it was excitement or horror, but that didn't matter then.

"Derpy! Listen, this is ridiculous! An obvious attack from a changeling trying to end my life so he could feed without interruption or interference! I am the real Doctor, not him!" said the one I was dancing with.

"Oh hush it you over sized butterfly!" the goo covered Doctor retorted. I swear that I heard Jack in the back going, "oooooooh" like something was going to go down. Surely enough, something did go down. The two Doctors began fighting. By the end of it, I couldn't tell who was who. Both were equally covered in slime, the suit was torn to bits, and both looked nearly similar. I heard galloping hoof steps approaching rapidly from behind me as Twilight barged her way into the scene. She quickly levitated both Doctors, who had started to resist, but found it impossible to move.

"Cut it out you two!" she wailed over them. She proceeded to turn to me and say something. "Derpy, I need to know which is real. Think of some questions that only the real Doctor could answer."

I nodded and thought. Immediately the first question I thought of was...

"When is my birthday?" I asked, confidently. The Doctors thought for a moment.

"February twenty first!" called both of the Doctors.

"Okay, that one was easy! How about this! When, and where, did we first meet?" This question made the left-most Doctor nervous.

"Ditzy, that's too easy! We met outside of Ponyville on the day of the Summer Sun Celebration! I'll never forget it when we traveled all through the Everfree in order to save somepony that didn't end up needing our help anyway!" the right-most Doctor told me, smiling at the nostalgic memories. I smiled and told Twilight to let him go. As soon as I did, he fit the floor with a thump as he quickly scrambled to his hooves.

"As for you..." Twilight said, looking dead at the still trapped "Doctor", "you will now return to where you came from. And don't think about coming back!" As soon as she had finished her words, she made the changeling transform into it's true form, took away the energy it had drained from me, and teleported it back to wherever it came from. She gave me back the energy from the changeling, which was quite the procedure to be honest.

After some time of getting cleaned up and returning the gala to normal, the Doctor ran up to me crying.

"I'm so glad you're alright!"

"Me too," I said. He sniffled, seeming to be at the end of his crying.

"Just one question though," he said, "why would the changeling feed off of you and turn into me? Don't they feed off of love?"

Author's Note:

That "oh crap" moment...enjoy this chapter!