• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 774 Views, 41 Comments

The Story of 3 Hearts - Flutterbat276



This focuses on 2 ponies, Doctor Whooves and Derpy. Derpy, unknowing of what to come, lives her fantasy! Until a day where reality awakens her...

  • ...
0
 41
 774

Chapter 16: End of Recovery

Author's Note:

A VERY long chapter I know, but a good one in my opinion! :heart:

THE TOP PORTION (the party) is COMPLETELY skippable! It contains self insertion, so you may not like it! The lower portions are somewhat important, but the last part is!

That day was one of the best of my life! Nurse Redheart threw me a party that Pinkie Pie planned, wishing me luck in the real world again. There was a cake, gifts, and balloons scattered in my recovery room. I stepped on something and a small party cannon went off, spewing confetti and streamers all over me. I laughed and then everypony came out from behind the desk. They all hugged me and some were even crying, especially Nurse Redheart. She was my primary nurse who came to check on me every day! She made sure I was doing okay, fed me through tubes, and gave me water. She was a really kind pony who takes care of her patients really well. I smiled at the sight of Dinky running to me and practically toppling me. She was taller than I remembered, and she had her cutie mark. It was a set of five light yellow stars and a book with a pink ribbon coming out of one of the many pages. Her horn glowed a hot pink with a few golden waves as she levitated a present to me. I opened it and it was her acceptance firm into the Canterlot Academy for Gifted Unicorns. I was crying happy tears at this point. My little pony being a part of Celestia's possible students! I congratulated her on her achievement and hugged her tightly. She hugged back and I kissed her forehead. Pip came running in levitating a gift about a few inches long and wide. It was about half a foot tall. He handed me glowing golden box and I grabbed it, it's golden glow fading as his horn did. It was a blue box with gold and silver ribbon. I opened it and it was a fold out picture frame with a picture of Pip and Dinky with Doc and Jack in the Everfree forest, a large deer behind them with a sign above them reading "Welcome Travelers to Forest City". I instantly recognized the deer as Tree Titan from my dream. He wrote a note on the back.

Dear Derpy Hooves,
Your family is a great bunch and I wish to have y'all back soon. Get well soon and I'll be sure to let the village know about your recovery if and when it happens.
Sincerely,
Tree Titan,

I smiled then laughed rereading it. His tone seemed far more southern in this form than what I had seen and heard in my dream. I flipped the picture back over and put it in the frame once more. I noticed Zimbaubi and Chord together next to Dinky. They were smiling as if to wish me luck in my recovery. I started to cry again. I wasn't even bothered by the fact that these ponies were real, I just knew they cared about me. I heard a familiar voice, but the hoof steps were unlike anything I had ever heard before. Hard, hollow-ish, and nearly wooden sounding. I heard a slight high pitched screech and more of the hollow hoof steps. A normal pony, or so I thought, was with them. I assumed it was just a bare hooved stallion or mare walking by, but the brownish mare opened the door and said, "There she is!"

I smiled recognizing her voice and turned to see not one, but four ponies walking in. The oldest mare, presumably the mother, came up to me, said hello, and trotted off taking a chance to slide a gift onto the desk which was now full of recovery presents. The father, a grey deer with horns that were a light sand tone, came up and shook my hoof. His hoof was a darker grey than his body and it felt cold to the touch. It was hard and solid and had no fur to cover it. I introduced myself to the couple and Chord came up to me. Her eyes reminded me of Pinkie Pie, the shape of them anyways. Three curved lashes on top, three below, and totally round like an oval. Her brown eyes met with my golden ones and she smiled, revealing the smallest of fangs. I was startled at first, but relaxed looking back at her family. They must've been there because of her mom, a bat pony who was named Mafia. The father, Night Chord, looked to his son, a dark purple stallion about the same size as Dinky, and nudged him. His midnight blue mane whipped as his head turned and his ears were much fluffier than the average pony's ears. His eyes had a slit pupil which contracted and widened at will. His cutie mark was a piece of paper with a mustache on it. Behind it was a cross bones and in front was a pencil lying down across the paper. I thought that the cutie mark was different than what I had seen in my dream, but shrugged it off. He walked over to me, his dark purple wings opening revealing small claw-like figures being projected out of the folds. I saw thicker ridges leading up to these claws and recognized them as bones. He shook my hoof and introduced himself as Midnight Wing. He had some clay in his hooves as he started to flap his wings to keep balance. The shape of the clay was unbelievable! It was a miniature sculpted version of Celestia. He sat down and started to use his clawed wings to make designs and small details in the clay figure. Chord got something out and played a tune. I didn't recognize the instrument until I turned to see a silver trumpet up to her mouth, her hooves holding the instrument as her wings pushed the valves. She played a tune that sounded graceful and everypony in the room applauded when she finished up. She put the trumpet in her case and gave it to her dad.

"So, Miss Hooves?" said the mother. Her coat was a light teal color, her mane a slightly darker brown shade that her daughter's. There was a dirty blonde streak down the middle. Her darker teal wings resembled Mindnight's, the claws, folds of skin, and bone structure. I noticed something about Midnight then. He had two stubs on his head, I assumed horns. His fangs hung out of his mouth as he worked on his mini Celestia. The mother, Mafia, looked at me, showing blue green eyes. I answered her and we had a conversation for a few minutes. Everypony else enjoyed some cake and chatted amongst themselves. The nurses kept looking at the two odd ball siblings who were sitting together. Chord was drawing a beautiful landscape of her home. Midnight still kept working on the Celestia, not making eye contact with anypony. Mafia finished saying her sentence and asked me about the Doctor. "So, this Doctor that came to our village told me that he kinda liked you. You feel the same about him?"

My mind drifted to the kiss a few days prior. My face turned red and Mafia chuckled to herself.

"What?" I asked, not noticing the red on my face.

"You're just turning a lovely shade of red Derpy! I take that as a yes?"

I looked down at my muzzle and saw the red, then I looked I the nearby mirror and blushed a deeper red. My face looked like a tomato, but I say back down next to Mafia and nodded. She giggled and told me that it was okay to be a little embarrassed, but not to let it get in the way of anything. I took her advice and continued to talk. I heard Night Chord come up behind me and Mafia said bye to me before leaving with her husband. The two got Chord and Midnight and started to head out. I called out, "Wait!"

Chord looked back at me and so did Mafia. Midnight, not paying attention, bumped into the door. Night helped his so as Chord and Mafia came up to me. "What?" they said in unison.

"Don't you wanna see me open my gift from you?" I said.

"Oh right the gift!" said Mafia. Chord looked at me and nodded, a smile coming into her face.

"Alright everypony, present time!" Doctor called out as soon as I told him about wanting to open the gifts. I picked up the first one I saw, a green bag with white glittery tissue inside. I opened it and it was a wing brace, a muffin recipe book, a dress, a wrapped up apple fritter, a mini party set, and a stuffed bunny. There was a note attached to the book.

Dear Derpy,
We got you a few things you thought you may want. Sorry we couldn't make it to the party, but if you ever need anything, just give us a call and we'll be happy to help. Have a great recovery and a long happy life from now.
Sincerely,
Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity Belle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy,

I smiled and put the various things back in the bag, being extremely cautious of the fritter. I set the bag behind me and grabbed the next gift. It was a purple box with pink and brown spotted ribbon. I opened it to reveal a set of baking supplies. The tag read, "To: Ditzy Doo, From: Nurse Redheart" and as if on cue, she came up behind me and said, "I know you love to make muffins, so I got you a new set of baking supplies."

I thanked her, hugged her, then set the things in a bag that the Doctor had handed me to put all the gifts in.

It took about another half hour before I had finally gotten to the gist that Mafia left. I opened it and it was a necklace of beautiful rocks, some small macaroni beads, and some wooden hoof carved letters spelling my name. I put it on and started to tear up.

"Thank you! Thank you all so much for coming! Thank you nurses and doctors for treating me and helping me get back on my hooves. This has been a wild time this past week, and I know that I will be forever grateful for your kind and generous nature towards me on my journey back to health!" I said, choking up. Doctor hugged me and everypony applauded. Chord and Mafia both had a tear sting from their eyes. Once they had felt like they were good to go, Chord came up to me and said, "Good luck, Derpy. Not just with recovery, but with your Doctor. He's a really nice guy and I think you took look adorable together!"

I blushed and said, "Thanks."

~~~~~IF YOU SKIPPED, CONTINUE READING HERE!~~~~~~~~

It was another hour before the guests left and all that was left was a couple nurses, me, Doc, Pip, and Dinky. We all started to clean up and once the office was cleared, we left. It was about one in the afternoon and I had an hour of check sessions. They needed to be sure that I was well enough to leave the hospital.

Doctor waited outside the room for me as I took my check up tests. Flight, walking, trotting, galloping, and a few other things that needed to be examined. They checked my head, my right hind hoof, my left wing, and my spine to be sure I had recovered entirely from the incident. Once I was done, Doctor Stallinburg said, "Alright Miss. Doo, you're free to go. You've recovered well and your broken limbs have been healed." I tilted my head at "broken limbs".

"Wait, I broke my wing and leg?" I asked.

"Yes you did. They've been recovered for a few weeks, even before you woke up. I just decided to give them one last look just in case if something had happened. Now run along. You can leave the hospital now," said Doctor Stallinburg. I nodded and walked out of the room. Doctor stopped pacing and looked at me and asked if I could go.

"Yes. I can go now. Dinky and Pip alright?" I said as I started to walk down the hallway towards the exit.

"Oh, yes. They're with Jack in the TARDIS now waiting for us," said Doctor, trotting to catch up with me. I sped up and before I knew it, we were racing to the door. A doctor stopped us and told us not to run in the building. I hung my head glumly and said, "Yes, ma'am." Doctor looked at her and nodded in agreement. The doctor who had stopped us trotted off, levitating her notepad for a patient named Lemon Drops.

We trotted outside and got into the TARDIS where I was greeted by a blue pegasus and two young unicorns. I hesitated for a moment then asked Doctor something. "Doc? Why is Pipsqueak in the TARDIS exactly?"

"Oh, he knows about all this. It's nothing to worry about. Anyways, Dinky, mind telling your mother what happened between you and your friend here?" Doctor said, glancing at Dinky and Pip.

"Well, mom, you see, we were just hanging out one day and he said..." Dinky paused made nudging Pip.

"Oh, I said, "So, Dinky, you maybe wanna hang out again sometime?" I didn't realize it at first, but I was blushing as I said it. I stuttered a little before I got the words out of my mouth," said Pip.

"So, I agreed to it and the next time we hung out, he said something under his breath I couldn't hear. I used my magic to make him repeat himself when I got closer. He said, "Oh Dinky Doo, if only you knew how much I loved you," and I had blushed terribly. Pip was oblivious to the spell I casted and blushed, too. We shared a laugh at how red we were getting and I asked him if he would mind going out to the movies or something. At that point he'd forgotten what he said earlier and stared at me. He laughed and said, "Are you kidding? You can't be serious, right?" I just shook my head and said, "Does it look like I'm kidding, Pip?" So, here we are," explained Dinky. I hugged her and Pip at once and said, "Honey, I'm so proud of you! You got a colt friend!"

Pip and Dinky blushed, probably of embarrassment. "M-mom! Stop that! You're embarrassing me!" Dinky exclaimed. I chuckled and let the two be while I talked to Jack. We chatted for what felt like only twenty minutes, but we stayed up chatting for hours! It was time for Pip to go home and before he stepped out, Dinky grabbed him with her magic and made a move. Pip was blushing red as a tomato and looked shocked. Dinky broke away from him and her face was becoming red, too. She simply giggled and said, "Pip, when somepony kisses you, you should kiss them back." She punched his arm playfully, but he stood not moving.

"Um, Pip? You okay?" I asked concerned. No response.

"Mom. I think I broke him," Dinky said.

"I don't think so, what's he afraid of?"

"Um...I think he's afraid of bananas," Dinky replied. "I mean, he ran away from me during lunch this one time as I peeled a banana to eat it."

"Hm...strange fear but alright. You have one?" I asked.

"I think so. Lemme check," Dinky said, looking in her lunch box. She pulled out the yellow fruit and waved it in front of Pipsqueak. "Pip! I gotta banana!" she said as she continued to wave it around his face. He blinked and jumped back. "GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!!" he screamed. Dinky put the banana in her box again.

"That actually worked?" I asked, surprised.

"What worked? Last thing I remember was Dinky kissing me before she pulled out that devil fruit!" Pip said, giving a slightly angry glance at Dinky.

"I can explain, Pip. You see, I broke off and was just messing with ya but you didn't answer me or my mom. We got worried and she told me to use something you're afraid of to get you back to normal. Forgive me please Pippy?" Dinky said, giving Pip an adorable face he couldn't refuse.

"Ooh...I can't stay mad at you forever Dinks!" said Pip, hugging her. "By the way, Dinky, you're a really good kisser. That your first?"

Dinky blushed, "Y-yeah. That's my first kiss. And I am?"

"Yeah, at least I would think so. I've never kissed anypony either. You're my first mare friend, so..." Pipsqueak said, but he didn't finish his sentence. "Oh Celestia! I'm gonna be late for dinner! Bye Dinky, Doctor, Derpy, Jack. I'll see you all tomorrow I guess," said Pip rushing out the door, using a teleportation spell to get him home in time for dinner. I laughed and looked at Dinky sternly.

"Are you mad about me kissing him?" Dinky said worriedly. I didn't respond, I just stepped closer to her, and closer, and closer. She was on the wall panicking. "Don't hurt me mom!" she exclaimed. I raised my hoof, then hugged her.

"I was just picking, Dinky! I wouldn't hurt you after your very first kiss! I'm so proud of you!" I said, comforting her.

"M-mom. Don't ever do that again!"

"Okay, I promise I won't," I said, motioning the Pinkie Promise. Dinky looked up at me and then to Doctor who was shocked by my filly's recent action. "You...actually had the courage to kiss him?" Doctor asked Dinky.

"Yes, I guess I did! I didn't even realize I was doing it until I really was. I don't know why I didn't know what I was doing, but I did it!" Dinky said, squealing of excitement.

"Okay little filly, I think that's enough excitement for one day," I said, pointing to her bedroom. "Time to go to bed, Dinky."

"But mom! I can't sleep like this!" Dinky said.

"Dinky, listen to your mother," Doc said as sternly as a father would.

"Okay dad..." said Dinky. It was like my dream where Dinky called the Doctor dad. She really did see him as a father figure. I yawned and said, "Momma needs sleep, too. Today was a pretty big day for me."

I started towards the room I usually sleep in. Doctor grabbed my shoulder and I turned. "What? Something wrong?"

"N-no..nothing just I feel like you should let Jack sleep somewhere other than the couch in the living area. I let him sleep in your room while you were at the hospital that whole year. You can sleep in my room. I don't sleep much anyways, so I don't mind at-" he couldn't finish before I jumped in. "So, you want me to sleep in your bed?!" I said.

"Well, yes. It's comfortable and I rarely use it. So, you wanna do that?" Doctor said.

"YES! I-I mean...yes. That'd be great. Thank you," I said, trying to keep calm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the room after setting my bag down. I looked at the calendar and realized that the gala was in a couple of weeks. Doc came in behind me and caught me looking at the calendar. "Something wrong, Ditzy?"

"Oh. No, nothing. It's nothing at all," I lied. My face was beginning to heat up a small bit. He trotted up next to me and took note of the gala.

"Oh, yes. This reminds me!" Doctor said opened the drawer on the far side of the room and pulled out something that I couldn't see. He came back with his hooves together. I was confused, but I let whatever would happen happen.

"So, Ditzy, about that gala thing, would you mind...do you wanna...ugh!" Doctor said. He was acting like a nervous wreck! He was sweating, his face was turning a deep red, and he stuttered and had difficulty saying things. I then realized what he was trying to do, and my face turned as red as his was.

"You want me to...go to the gala...with you?!" I said. I couldn't believe that it was happening!

"Y-yes?" Doctor said, hesitantly. He was probably worried I would say no, but the idea of saying no to such a stallion was preposterous! How could I say no to him!

"OMIGOSH YES!!" I squealed. I couldn't contain my excitement and I didn't care that I screamed. I embraced his with a tight hug.

"G-great! You're...a really strong gripper, you know..." Doctor said, his face going from red to blue to purple. I didn't realize until he had passed out.

"Oops..." I said. I went to get a cup of cold water and an emergency pear. I came back and poured the water on his face. He woke up gasping.

"You ok Docy?" I asked.

"Y-yeah. Thank you, Ditzy," he said just as he took notice of the pear in my hoof. "AAAAH!!" he screeched like a young filly on Nightmare Night arriving at the scariest house on the block or when Luna pays a visit in her Nightmare Moon costume. I laughed and comforted him by saying that they were not real. It was plastic and used for emergency situations. He sighed relieved that it wasn't real.

I got in bed and Doc tucked me in like my dad used to when I was little. I blushed as he planted a soft kiss on my cheek. As he walked out, he turned off the lights. The hour glass figures in the glass cases lit up dimly and changed colors smoothly and slowly in a relaxing manor. I yawned and fell asleep after a few minutes.