• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 772 Views, 41 Comments

The Story of 3 Hearts - Flutterbat276



This focuses on 2 ponies, Doctor Whooves and Derpy. Derpy, unknowing of what to come, lives her fantasy! Until a day where reality awakens her...

  • ...
0
 41
 772

Chapter 11: Arrival of the Fitting

"Well, here we are Ms. Doo...er, soon to be Mrs. Whooves," the Doctor said, chuckling to himself. A playfully punched his arm and said, "Wait til we're married first!"

I went in while Doc stayed in the TARDIS doing whatever he does when I'm not around. Rarity greeted me with a hug and congratulations, seeing as how she hadn't had the time to congratulate me over the five months since the proposal.

"Darling, I've been working ever so hard on this dress for you! I hope you find it to your liking, but if not don't be afraid to tell me," said the white unicorn leading me into a separate room. My jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

"What? Is it too much? Too many sequins? Too much ribbon perhaps?"

I closed my mouth and smiled, tears forming in my crossed eyes. "N-no Rarity. It's perfect! Exactly what I dreamed it would look like!"

"Well, that's wonderful. Now, try it on Miss...no, Misses Whooves," Rarity said grinning at me. I glared at her, playfully, and said, "I thought you were original! Doc already made that joke before I came in!"

"Oh, alright then. Just try the dress on now will you?" Rarity said as she levitated the dress to me. She opened the dressing room door and went back downstairs to call the Doctor inside.

I had a little trouble getting the dress on at first, but I got it on. My wings were a little bit out of place I the dress. The openings were a bit too far back, so it was uncomfortable. Rarity, after a mere ten minutes, came back to admire her work on me. She grinned and a tear sprang from her eye as soon as she saw me.

"Darling, you look positively gorgeous!" said Rarity, choking up.

"You really think so, Rarity?" I had almost forgotten about my wings being a little off.

"Well, is there anything I need to go back over? You look a little uncomfortable. Is it too tight!"

"No. No, Rarity, it isn't! It's just the wing openings are off by a centimeter or so," I said, pointing to my wings.

"Oh, yes. Well I can fix that right up! Now hold still Derpy," Rarity said, a blue aura surrounding her horn again.

"Um...Rarity? What are you-" I didn't finish. She blasted a blue beam in my direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the blue fog has disappeared, I realized that the holes were in proper position. Actually, they were lined up with the bases of my wings exactly! I stared at Rarity who was curling her man back up, her horn slightly smoking from the magical exertion she had just used.

"What. Did. You. do!" I asked, amazed by her magical abilities.

"It's a spell I created myself, with some help from Twilight. I call it....actually, I don't know what to call it! Twilight calls it 'spell M42' whatever that means," she replied. She was quite proud of herself for doing such a feat. I folded my wings, and they moved as freely as they would without the dress on.

"Thank you Rarity! Thank you so so much!" I said, embracing her into a hug. She hugged me back and fixed a bow that was uneven on my back. We let go as the Doctor walked in, being lead by Sweetie Belle.

"Sweetie Belle! What have I told you about the groom seeing the wife before the wedding!" Rarity scolded her little sister.

"I..I had no idea you were in her with her!" Sweetie Belle argued. The Doctor just stood there staring at me. I blushed and he smiled. "You look wonderful Ditzy," he said. Rarity and Sweetie Belle still argued behind us as we started complimenting each other on our attire. It was almost a good ten minutes when the two sisters stopped fussing. Doctor and I were already out of our wedding attire and were sitting down at a nearby table playing a game of War. Doc laid out an eight of hearts and so did I. We said in unison "WAR!"

Sweetie Belle looked at Rarity, who was as confused as ever, and shrugged. They left us be until the game stopped.

"I must say, you are pretty good at that game, having never played it before," said Doctor, handing me his six cards he got to me. I smiled and said, "Well, I love card games! They remind me of sorting mail at my job. It's kinda easy once you get a hang of it, actually."

We chatted as we got downstairs, seeing Rarity and Sweetie Belle playing dress up with some extra clothes that Rarity had left over from last season.

"Ms. Belle?" Doctor asked, trying to catch the attention of Rarity.

"Yes?" said the two sisters in sync. They both looked up at him.

"I'd like to thank you for having us here. I left some bits upstairs on the table for you," he said.

"Oh, I'd be ok with letting you two have the attire on the house. But if you really think you need to pay me, by all means do so. I'm not going to stop you. Thank you Mister and Misses Whooves for your time today, and congratulations to you both!" Rarity said.

Author's Note:

A little chapter for you. Sorry I had the story taken down, I just didn't want it up until I had an idea of what to do. Now I do, so be prepared!:derpytongue2: