• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 5,641 Views, 216 Comments

Somewhere over the Rainbow Dash - SuicidalAngel

  • ...
8
 216
 5,641

Chapter 8: PARTE UNO

Rainbow Dash was extremely excited about Soarin sleeping over. For years now, he hadn't been allowed to and Rainbow had really missed violently punching him with pillows, especially since he would always lose the fights. However, this time, she had something else in mind. Not too risky, yet not too subtle. She was planning on teasing him a bit. Just a bit.

After, like, an eternity of reasoning with not only her dad, but her brother as well, they were starting to sort out Rainbow's room so that Soarin could put some of his stuff down. Most of it being tools, mini pies, and blankets, extremely soft blankets.

"Hmm. We should try moving that drawer a little more to the left", Soarin professionally suggested. Rainbow held back a snort and rushed to help him pick it up.

"Whatever you say, babe", Dash smirked while she carried the drawer.

Soarin laughed a bit. "Professionalism, Miss Dash".

"Screw professionalism", Rainbow replied flatly.

"Miss Dash, if want to keep your job as my personal nut job, you must be professional", Soarin said in his best impression of his math teacher. Now it was Dash's turn to laugh.

"That made absolutely no sense", Dash commented still laughing a bit.

"Neither does life", he defended and set the drawer down as soon as Dash felt the wall. She nodded in a agreement, and defeat, and then lay her back against the wall.

Suddenly, her door pushed open to reveal her mom holding a plate of chocolate chip cookies, a small snack for the two.

"Knock, knock! How's everything going in here? Soarin, you done setting your stuff down?", she asked a bit perky. While she wasn't showing it, for the sake of her husband, she was actually very happy that Soarin was helping out Rainbow with this. To Soarin's unawareness though, Firefly knew well what romantic tension was going on between the two but decided to keep it to herself rather than confront and/or probably embarrass the two.

"Um..every thing is going great and no..not yet", Soarin answered sheepishly. He had always felt very close to Rainbow's mom, he even called her mom once or twice. However, he still felt really embarrassed to talk to her much because of everytime he had accidentally complimented Rainbow near her. He got the feeling that maybe she was catching on, maybe that's the reason why she always defended him from Spectrum and Blitz. He shook it off though and just assumed she was being nice.

"Well if any of you lov-KIDS, KIDS need me I'll be in the kitchen..." she studdered, "probably eating...OH and these cookies are for you"

Firefly mentally facepalmed and nervously backed away. She really had to be more careful and actually THINK about what she going to say..

"That was weird", Rainbow commented "you think my dad's assumptions are finally getting to her?", she added with a laugh. He sat down on her bed and motioned her over so they could rest and eat the cookies.

"Probably, I mean they already got to your brother", Soarin added with a smile, "Everyone in you family hates me!", he joked, putting a cookie in his mouth and pretending to be one of those dramatic divas. Rainbow slightly leaned on him and looked up.

"I don't hate you...", she said quietly, almost a whisper. Soarin got chills down his spine and almost choked on his cookie.

The two just sat there for a couple minutes, eating cookies every so often. After a bit Rainbow rested her head on his shoulder, giving Soarin even more glorious torture. He loved it, but hated it at the same time. He worried that if he didn't tell her soon, he would never have that same feeling of excitement he had just then. Unknown to him, Dash worried too. However her worry was different, she didn't know what she was feeling. She liked him, yes, but she couldn't admit it to her self that she loved him...did she love him? Why was this all so confusing to her?

"So sorry I forgot to-....", Firefly trailed off. Seeing that her daughter was laying on his shoulder, she realized they must have been having a moment. "Oh my, uh...sorry, sorry, sorry...I was just, oh why am I here again? Oh right milk for the cookies...here just..just take it and I'll be going now, hehe"

She speed walked to the door and mouthed the word "sorry" in Soarin's direction as she stepped out. "Yep, she knows", Soarin thought outloud, unware that Rainbow could, ya know, hear him.

"What was that, babe?", Rainbow asked confused at her mom's and her friend's weirdness. Why was everything so confusing now?!

"Oh, its nothing. Inside joke", Soarin responded, trying to not panic. Again.

Rainbow stared him in the eyes for about 30 seconds before remembering her plan.

"Well okay...I better go change into something more comfortable to sleep in..", she said, hoping he would suspect anything "uh if you want you can go ahead and change in the bathroom, I'll be in my closet"

"Uh, sounds good. Its not a sleepover until pajamas are put on", he joked, studdering a bit. Rainbow had to hold back a laugh and just giggled.

"You are such a dork", Rainbow teased, making him grin sheepishly in embarrassment.

She slowly walked to her closet, making sure that he was still looking at her. He brushed some hair out of his face and leaned back on her bed a bit. Stepping in before closing the door, she gave him a sly wink and turned around pulling the door with her foot. He gulped as he was able to catch a glipse of her taking off her shirt before the door shut.

".......shit", he whispered to himself. This was definitely not what he had intended, it was better in a way, but not what he intended. Calming himself down, he grabbed his bags and ran over to the bathroom. His phone buzzed.

"H-hello?", he slowly answered. He knew it was his parents, it had to be his parents. Maybe it wasn't too late to go back home..

"Hey sucker! How's it going with your princess?", he heard what sounded like a familiar teenage voice.

"Clear Skies? What are you doing?", he almost yelled.

"Better question is, what are YOU doing with Skittles over there?", Clear asked smirking, though he couldn't exactly see it, he knew that's what she was doing.

"Nothing, just don't call again!", he screamed through the line,"it isn't any of you business!"

"Like your little journal?", she asked, knowing he had him there. "Dude who knew you were so weird...oh wait, everyone"

"You're..I.. UGH JUST STOP! For once can't you just leave my love life alone?!"

"I should say the same for you! You promised me you weren't gonna tell dad about my boyfriend, I trusted you!", she yelled back.

He put his phone down and hung up. He was gonna deal with his sister later. It was too late to run from this sleepover now, no matter what, he was going to spend the whole night. And most of the morning.


"What to wear, what to wear?", Rainbow pondered outloud. There were all sorts of comfortable clothes in her closet, but she needed some thing loose. And short. "Aha! This is perfect!"

She quickly put it on and made sure one of the straps from her top was nearly sliding off her shoulder.

In the bathroom, Soarin was nearly done changing. He was wearing a simple blue T-shirt with his special mark on it, green gym shorts and plain blue socks. Something extremely comfy and he could move around alot really easily. He wet his face a bit so that he could have enough energy to atleast stay up till' 2 AM, and then proceeded to walking out of the bathroom.

"Hey Dash, you almost done?", he asked through the closet door. He didn't want to waste anytime getting this party started.

"Yeah, just gimme a minute!", she slightly yelled back through the door, not entirely sure if he could hear her. This was certainly gonna torture him.

Soarin decided to sit down and turn on the game system installed to her TV. He didn't know girl code as much as his siter did, but he was pretty sure "give me a minute" didn't mean "give me a minute".

As he played a bit, Rainbow opened the door slowly, giving it that weird screeching sound, which Soarin noticed. She stood there for about three seconds, giving him enough time to turn around and drop the controller.

Author's Note:

Alright, alright. Lemmi explain

So you see, this sleepover thing is gonna play a huge role in the over all story so it can't just be, ya'know, one chapter long. Having only one chapter with 2,000+ words would probably get boring, if it already isn't. I don't know if this is gonna be a two parter of a three parter but I definitely know there will at least be another part to this chapter.
To sum up what's happening, Soarin and Skittles are getting settled in for the sleepover and then some. Also for those who know of Soarin's diary thing, Clear Skies found it! And she's reading it!!!! :O

Stay tuned for the next one ^^