• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 5,633 Views, 216 Comments

Somewhere over the Rainbow Dash - SuicidalAngel

  • ...
8
 216
 5,633

Chapter 9

Phew. Ok......ok, don't freak out. He heard you...HE ACTUALLY HEARD YOU!!! Oh, gosh, what to do now? I can't just aviod this situation, can I...? I mean, what just happened is unavoidable....and...was he about to say he loves me back? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Uhhh, I mean.....cool, hehe.


Rainbow Dash lay in her bed, using every last bit of self control to not start squealing like a fangirl at comic con. What had happened mere moments ago had made her almost die of happiness and joy, however Soarin's second comment, wasn't as appealing. It wasn't bad...was it? He was just confused right?

While countless thoughts ran through Rainbow's head, she couldn't help but notice that Soarin had wrapped his arm around her. She blushed as he got a slight bit closer. She smiled silently unknown that he did the same. They both cuddled up, happily holding their breath for whatever came next. As of right now, she wanted to enjoy the moment. Tomorrow, would be fiery death....


"Have you come up with anything?", Fleetfoot asked.

"No, you?", Thunderlane snapped back. Fleet looked at him, suspicious by his actions. He was a bit mad, frowning a bit too. His hands were clutched into fists and his head was down. He seemed so...aggressive and violent.

"Geez, what's gotten you in mood?", Fleetfoot asked teasingly, although she was really concerned for her friend. Thunderlane looked up at her. She wasn't normally intersted in anything that didn't focus on her bugging him.

"Do you think Rarity and I are really...different?", he asked almost crying, it seemed. His voice just cracked and he seemed so desparate.

"W-why do you ask?", Fleetfoot studdered.

"I just need an answer. Please Fleet, tell me the truth", Thunderlane pleaded. While Fleetfoot didn't want to hurt him, he needed to know.

"Yes...I think. What does it matter?", she responded quietly. Thunderlane looked down to his shoes again.

"I think I..."

"Yeah?", Fleetfoot asked. She needed to know, even though she already did. He liked Rarity, and now he was actually think about it.

"I don't know...let's focus on Soarin and Dash", he replied softly. "At least they have a chance..."

"Thunderlane, if you're feeling down, Soarin and Dash can wait...you need to asure me that you're ok. Are you ok?"

She knelt down next to him. He looked up at looked at her, observing every feature of her face with an open mind.

He leaned in, taking over the space between them, kissing her passionately. She felt as if she was flying, enchanted completely. Every inch of her melted as she was held in his kiss. It was something she wanted, something she never had felt up until that moment. She kissed him back with all she could, wanting him to love it as much as she did.

Thunderlane on the other hand, felt almost nothing. He wanted to make this last, but he felt nearly nothing. Everything that he had expected wasn't there, at least not yet. He withdrew the kiss slowly, opening his eyes as she did hers.

"Fleetfoot, will you go out with me?"


Monday. Faaaaaaak.

Soarin was having breakfast alone, seeing as Dash had band practice with the Rainbooms. He messed around with his eggs, not really feeling hungry. He hadn't had a chance to ask Rainbow about the whole "I love you" deal because when he woke up, she was already gone. Morning exercise probably. Besides, she seemed to be avoiding the question.

"Hey Soarin!", a voice called from behind him. He turned around to see the newest member of the the football team, Speedy. He was a light blue boy with white and blue hair falling on the sides of his head. Unlike the rest of the team, he had just moved a few weeks after school started while the rest of them had been Canterlot Wondercolts since they were freshmen. He was mostly new to the whole school rumors, though he honestly didn't believe all that nonsense with some alternate universe and the weird magic stuff.

"Oh, hey Speedster", Soarin replied giving him a fist pump as he walked by. He sat in the seat right across from Soarin, to be able to talk to him.


"So, how's Caterlot High been treating you?", Soarin asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Eh, it's been good. But that Ms. Harshwhinny is annoying as heck, how do you people deal with her?", he replied.

"The key is to ignore her and then look up math tutorials online".

"Legit, bro."

"So besides Ms. Harshwhinny, what else has been bothering you here?", Soarin asked. He didn't want the small talk to end, mostly because he was bored.

"Well I do have a crush on this one girl, but I can't bring myself to ask her out", Speedy answered truthfully. "Please help me Dr. Phill, you're my only hope".

Soarin laughed as Speedy did a 10/10 impression of Rarity and leaned his hand over his head dramatically. "Well, I'm probably not the best guy to give you dating advice. Seriously. But, you're more outgoing than me. I say you should go ahead and ask her".

"Will she say yes is my biggest concern", Speedy said warily.

"Chill, dude. I'm sure she'll go out with you."

"I can give her a huge romantic gesture. That'll guarantee it, right?"

"If it helps you sleep at night, sure", Soarin chuckled.

"Alright, thanks dude! See you sixth period!"

"Later Speedster!", Soarin called back. He turned over and started messing with his eggs again.

Author's Note:

HEYYYYYYY!!!!
LE NEW CHAPTER!
Phew, I'm so glad to finally be able to release this, After like four edits. No, seriously. I thought it would be easy to come back to my regular writing style, but alas, twas I wrong. It took me ages to atleast be satisfied with how this chapter ended out.
You see, I wanted to make the ending more like by recent chapters where I ended with a hint of mystery or anxiousness towards the final moments, but I decided that
this would have been better and used it instead. Don't worry though, nexts chapters will have some crazyness and surprise involved. Besides, I'm getting back into the school schedule lifestyle, which is great because now I might post more often ^-^
*Fun fact: I Actually stayed up from seven pm to one am wring this, and its not even a major chapter...
NOW TAKE MY POTATOES. KECKLES, BYE!!