• Published 24th May 2015
  • 1,493 Views, 56 Comments

My History, Rise, Fall and Return: Starlight's Story - StormLuna



I am Starlight Glimmer and this is the story of my beginnings, my education, my rise, my fall and my return to Equestria.

  • ...
11
 56
 1,493

My Revenge

Readying Myself for One Last Quest

It was the day after Fillydelphia Mayor Red Hooves and I had addressed the nation, bringing up the inequalities that still exist in the way Eastern Ponies are paid and judging by the reactions we saw on TV and the reporting in the newspapers, it seems as though a sizable portion of the country is actually on my side. It's not just all the Eastern Ponies, but from what I understand even some Western Ponies see what is going on and feel that the current system is broke. Would they betray Celestia to change things? I doubt it but if I can get enough ponies of Western lineage to support my beliefs, it will send a message to Celestia that the time for change has arrived.

While I was hoping that my speech could convince the princesses to crack down on pay inequalities, it would not help me in achieving my ultimate goal, fulfilling my destiny. For that more drastic measures would need to be taken. It suddenly hit me that there is one way to achieve this, I must take something that Celestia holds very dear and allow her to have it back in exchange for the eastern side of the continent. It is time to abduct Twilight Sparkle and bring her back to the east. If I can make the princesses negotiate the terms for her return here, I will likely get more than what I would in a negotiation in a Western city.

After a hearty lunch I spread my wings and took off towards the west, towards Ponyville. The land below me was absolutely beautiful with the rolling hills, lakes and numerous apple orchards. I thought to myself, "It won't be long until those orchards are part of East Equestria! Not only will we have plenty of ranches, manufacturing and mineral resources but we will also have plenty of apples!"

After hours of flying Ponyville was finally on the horizon! I had arrived a bit earlier than I had anticipated so rather than go straight in and take my prize, I flew into the Everfree Forest and started to munch on the available vegetation. I would just have to bide my time until the city went dark. I knew that getting past the guards would be far more difficult this time for two reasons. First, I am much bigger than I used to be. Second, I have no cloak so anypony who sees me will know who I am immediately.

Now while the abduction will be more difficult than simply taking a relic was, I do have one huge advantage. My magic is far more powerful than it was when I acquired the amethyst ring so her guards shouldn't be too much of a problem. It will be Twilight Sparkle herself that will cause the most problems. Given that I was able to take her mark when I was just a unicorn, now that I am an Alicorn, taking that mark will be effortless. Hmm....perhaps I should take her dragon too. That way he can send messages to Tia to get her to come to Fillydelphia sooner so I can liberate the East more quickly than I could contacting her through traditional mail.

Taking the Prize

A few hours after the sun had set all was dark in Ponyville as I peeked out of the edge of the forest. I said to myself, "Alright Starlight, the time has come! Take Twilight and the East will be yours!" I thought this because I know how close those Twilight and Celestia are. I have a feeling that Celestia would likely pay a huge ransom for her return. Now what the other princesses will do, I'm not sure. Regardless though, abducting Twilight will be well worth it.

I finally crept out of the forest and towards the castle. When I arrived the security was much tighter than I expected. There were many, many more guards than I hoped there would be. Well I guess after I stabbed her with my horn and ran off with the amethyst ring, that extra security would be given to her. After hiding for a few minutes there was a brief period where no guards were present by the entrance so I rushed, unlocked the door and headed in. Well I was in but now for the big question, "where the hay is Twilight's bedroom?"

While I had visions of where all the artifacts were located, the same couldn't be said for Twilight and this was no museum so there would be no sign that pointed towards her bedroom. I did realize that it would likely be on one of the upper floors because what princess in her right mind would sleep on the ground floor?

As I navigated the ground floor I had to duck behind corners a few times because of guards but eventually I saw the staircase and quickly rushed up it to avoid detection. When I got to the top of it I would not be pleased by what I saw. At the top was a gray unicorn guard. He grabbed me in his aura and yelled, "Intruder! We have an intruder!"

I quickly broke free of his aura and grabbed him with my own, silencing him. I growled, "You might want to think twice before you go alerting everypony else about me. You do not know how strong my powers are." I slammed him into the wall and continued, "I could kill you right now if I wanted to do so but I'm in a good mood, so I will let you live."

He gasped, "Wait a minute, it's you! You're the one behind all the murderers and thefts." He stood up and sternly continued, "Well you will not harm Princess Twilight. We will make sure to that!"

I again grabbed him with my aura and slammed him into the wall, except this time I knocked him unconscious. I laughed, "Oh we'll see about that! You boys are powerless against me."

I am surprised that I didn't have a whole stampede of guards after me with as loud as he yelled. Maybe they were simply not paying attention or did not hear him. I was surprised as I continued to navigate the second floor and only had to hide from a couple other guards. At the end of the hall I saw two huge doors, each one of them being lavender with a six sided dark pink star on them. I thought to myself, "That has to be it! Soon I will have my prize!"

I pushed the door open and slowly walked in, closing it behind me. The moon was shining in which made it unnecessary for me to light up my horn. I heard not just one snore, but two. In a basket I saw her dragon Spike peacefully slumbering away. "Excellent!" I thought to myself, "I can get both of them at once!"

As I walked up to Twilight's bed I saw her laying on her side, snuggled under her blanket sleeping peacefully. This brought back so many memories. Suddenly I found myself in a flashback to the night when I took her mark. I saw myself taking her mark and thinking that Sunset and I could crush any chances of Celestia being able to make her a princess. Then I remember what a bitch Celestia was to me when she retrieved Twilight's cutie mark. I looked down at Twilight and I knew that this time things were different, I had a jar in my saddlebag to put the mark in, I was far more powerful than I was before and Celestia would not be here to save her.

I wanted to make this as simple as possible so before even uncovering her, I opened the window as wide as I could. Flying out of here with those two will be far easier than trying to fight through guards to get them out of here. I took one more look at the sleeping princess and realized that had I listened to that one tiny little part of me who didn't want to take her mark so long ago, that I would likely be her subordinate and never achieve anything.

As I began to uncover her I said to myself, "Take two." When I uncovered her she began to stir a little but did not wake up. I grabbed her in my aura and removed her mark, waking her up. Before she could say anything I had taken my jar out and put her mark in it. She began to scream loudly, which woke her dragon up.

Twilight looked at me and yelled, "Starlight Glimmer, you will not get away with this! I'll get my cutie mark back and when I do, you'll be sorry!"

I sneered, "That is Grand Mage Starlight Glimmer the Second to you Twily." I laughed as I continued, "You're coming with me Twilight, we have business to take care of."

Spike lunged at me and had the audacity to bite my hoof. I grabbed him in my aura, glared at Twilight and said, "Twilight, you need to teach your pet here to behave."

Twilight replied, "He is pro......mmhmmphmmph."

I intensified the power of my aura on both of them so that they could not speak. I did not want them making too much noise and alerting any guards and I sure the hell didn't want to have to listen to their screaming all the way back to Fillydelphia. Once I had them silenced I levitated them out the window and we took off towards the East. Some of the pegasus guards took off after us but I was flying fast enough that they could not keep up with me and eventually gave up their pursuit.

I did it! I have acquired the one thing that I can trade off for the Eastern side of the continent. This will be the ultimate slap in the face for Tia. I remember how she expelled me, banished me from Canterlot and had me thrown off the train in Manehattan. Well this time the shoe is on the other hoof. Hmmm....what do I do if she decides to not accept what will be a very generous offer? Well I'll figure that out if I have to cross that bridge.

Securing My Prisoners

It was already well after dawn when I finally arrived in Fillydelphia. The first place I headed was city hall since that is where the jail is, after all I needed to get my prisoners locked up. When I headed in the guards looked at me in shock. I am guessing they never imagined to see me carrying Princess Twilight in here. One of them said, "I see you accomplished your mission."

I replied, "Well sort of. There is more to do."

He asked, "What more is there to do? You have captured your enemy and imprisoned her."

I replied, "I now must get in touch with Celestia and have her come here to negotiate a deal. I know she will want Twilight back but it will be at a hefty price."

Twilight, who had been a bit woozy was becoming more alert. She interrupted, "You let us go you monster! Celestia will never stand for this, she'll banish you to the moon forever!"

I laughed, "Yeah uh huh, sure she will Twily."

The guard asked, "Can I help you get these two locked up?"

I replied, "Of course you can. Follow me."

The guard and I hauled them into the jail and just out of spite, I decided to put Twilight in the cell without a normal bed. All it had in it was an elevated concrete slab to lay on while Spike was chained to the wall in a neighboring cell. Twilight was not amused by the cell I was putting her in. She yelled, "How could you? I am a princess, I should not be put in jail but you could have at least gave me a cell with a mattress."

I laughed, "Twilight, look at it this way. Very soon this will be East Equestria and you will have no higher status than anypony else."

She just grunted when I decided the time had come to send a message to Celestia. I handed a scroll and quill to Spike. I said, "Spike, take a note."

Spike yelled, "Never. I will never take a note for you!"

I snapped, "If you ever want your freedom you will!"

He sighed, "Oh ok."

I started,

"Dear Princess Celestia,

I need you to come to Fillydelphia for a meeting with somepony of great importance. They are wishing to discuss a trade agreement which they believe we have violated. If you do not arrive by tomorrow afternoon they will declare war on us. Please meet me at city hall. I await your quick response.

Princess Twilight Sparkle"

I opened a window so Spike could send the message. I looked at the two and laughed, "Who would have ever thought that after being oppressed by Western ponies for so long, that us Eastern ponies would have those of the West in a situation where they would have to negotiate?"

Before any of us could respond Spike coughed up a message that read,

"Princess Twilight,

This sounds really serious. Princess Luna, Princess Cadence and myself will all come to handle this. Just stay calm and everything will be fine."

Princess Celestia"

After reading the message I told the guard, "Alright, we are going to need a large part of the city's unicorn police force here for their arrival. They need to know that I mean business."

Twilight interrupted, "I don't get it. Why are you doing this to me? I never did anything to you."

I replied, "Oh yes you did. You were the one who exposed me in Our Town and caused my own villagers to turn on me and run me out of town." I stared at the equals sign on her flank and continued, "I failed to keep your mark when you were a filly, I failed to keep it when you came to MY village but this time shall be different. You MIGHT get it back but there will be a high price for you to get it back."

Twilight started to scream obscenities at me but rather than start yelling back at her all I did was roll my eyes and sigh in disgust. All I could do now was hope that Celestia and her goons will get here before too long. Listening to her whine and complain is bad enough but soon the dragon started in with his smart-ass remarks. At that point I wanted to kill him but I knew that he would be worth a whole lot more alive than dead.