• Published 29th May 2015
  • 5,647 Views, 108 Comments

The Princess and I: Moon - Eggtaro



To help further improve the diplomatic relations between Earth and Equestria, a human was sent to live in Canterlot Castle; to live together in harmony with it's many servants, guards, and two princesses. The human, however, has to serve one of them.

  • ...
23
 108
 5,647

A Pencils Runs

Three years ago, if you told me that there existed a world where all sorts of magical beasts live together in harmony, and that we are able to travel to it via a magical portal, I would've called the hospital and made sure you were put under heavy medication and a straitjacket. Seriously. I'd do that. But, like I said, only if you'd told me this three years ago.

Now? Now you can tell me anything and I'll instantly believe you the instant you finish your sentence. It can be anything: an island filled with prehistoric dinosaurs, a galaxy where technology is so advanced they wield weapons called lightsabers, hell, you can tell me that there existed an entire city underwater called 'Rapture' or something and I'll still believe you regardless.

But none of those tales can be compared to what I'm about to experience. An experience to which I'm not so keen on experiencing.

Remember that part where I said something about a world filled with magical creatures? Yeah, I'm currently on my way there. Great, right?

No. If you were nodding your head, please stop.

If I was going there for a vacation, or a visit, I wouldn't mind. I mean, there's plenty of other humans living there, anyway; ever since the accidental discovery of the magical portal (a.k.a. 'The Portal'), our world has seen its fair share of alien visitors from the other side of The Portal, and them we. Naturally, our human instincts tells us to explore this newly discovered wonder, and it is from that very same exploring, which led us to meeting with the inhabitants of the alien world: our first contact.

Now, we aren't talking about alien, aliens. No, none of that outer space stuff. We're talking about aliens that looked more like creatures and beasts out of legends and myths: like unicorns, griffins, and fucking dragons. Fucking dragons, man! And most of them live in a civilized lifestyle just like us on Earth. Take the griffins for example: there's an empire full of griffins, ruled by an emperor (who I believe, is also a griffin). They are a proud and strong race, but they tend to resort to more...aggressive ways, when it comes to settling things, like whoever will get that last slice of meat on the plate.

Griffins and meats aside, they are not my major concern for the day, however, the ponies are.

Now, remember, we are no longer talking about Earth. We're talking about an entirely different planet. In their world (the first discoverers back home bestowed the name 'Equrth' for the alien world, which, till this day, I find extremely stupid), ponies can talk. Not equine language. English. Of course, the many races found on Equrth do have their own language, but it still surprises me that they can speak the English language so fluently.

Back to ponies. The ponies in Equrth all live in a huge kingdom called Equestria. There are three, common variations of ponies you'll most likely meet while visiting there: unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies. As much as I would love to tell you more about them, I don't. So you can either go read about it somewhere, or use the internet (there's plenty of information on Equrth, even a Wiki).

Anyway, there are currently four princesses in Equestria. And I'm about to become their personal slave. Well, only for one of them, to be exact. And here I was, thinking that Earth was the only planet where slavery existed. The more you know.

How did I find myself in such a shitty situation? Well, it all started with a letter, and 'twas delivered to me by a white, snowy owl...

Long story short, I somehow 'volunteered' to help with 'strengthening' and 'solidifying' the alliance and relations between Earth and Equrth. 'The chosen one', the letter had said. More like the forced one. I don't understand why they couldn't just send the people that are already living there. Why go through all the trouble of dragging someone all the way from Earth? I've never even set foot to Equrth before! And now I'm being shipped over to Equestria? To be a princess's slave?

Being a slave is going to suck, but I could at least try to look at the situation optimistically. I mean, at least I'm not part of the group that got sent to live with the dragons. Fucking dragons, man.

"Mr. D'oignon?" said a voice beside me, grabbing my attention. I could tell by the look on her face that she was rather displeased with something.

Crap. I must've said that last bit out loud, the one about the dragons. Which, I guess, is true, judging by the agitated looks I'm getting from all the other ponies on board the train.

"Mr. D'oignon?" the pony beside me gave me a light poke on the shoulder. Better speak up before she decides to smack me.

"Sorry, Raven." I hope that's enough. "And please, call me Ron."

Before confusion grips you, allow me to introduce you to my new found 'friend'. After I've crossed The Portal, I was greeted by this light-grey coloured unicorn, with dark, brownish-grey hair. She was to be my chaperone until we've reached Canterlot. Probably to make sure that I wouldn't get lost or cause some sort of catastrophic event. Her name's Raven. And yes, she's a pony, not the bird with the same name, or that teen sitcom our world used to broadcast. Just a unicorn pony that wears a pair of glasses.

So, here I am, currently on board this coal-powered train that will bring us safely to Canterlot (or so Raven says). She's kind enough, once you get over the fact that she's a talking animal that can use magic with the horn sprouting out her forehead.

"I hope you do not have any personal disputes with the dragons of Equrth." Raven raised an eyebrow at me, leaning forward in her seat. "And, if I'm not mistaken, you've said so yourself that this is your first time here, Mr. D'oignon."

"I don't, Raven. Trust me. I would never even dream of having any disagreements with them." Unless I wanted to get burnt to a crisp. "And, if I'm not mistaken, I thought I've asked you to just call me Ron." Seriously, just call me Ron.

Raven gave her slipping glasses a push with her hoof. "That, you are not." she leaned back. "But I was told that I should treat you, our guest, with respect and dignity."

Who does she think I am, the president? I'm just some dude on his way to become a slave, man! Maybe this is my final moments of enjoying civilization before being converted into a full-time slave. How sweet.

"Seriously, Raven. Ron. Just call me Ron. All this formality is making me nervous." It's true, my palms are sweaty, my knees weak, and my arms are heavy.

Raven giggled softly, covering her muzzle with a hoof. Does she find me amusing? Or is she just laughing at my inevitable faith?

"Very well then, Ron." she said, giving me a small smile.

"There, isn't that much easier than calling me "Mr. D'oignon" all the time?" Waaayyy easier, if you ask me.

"I just don't understand why you'd rather be called this way, Ron." Raven continued. "I find your full name rather...exotic."

Exotic? My name sounds exotic to this pony? Really? If she only knew what it truly meant. If only she has the internet.

"Rondelle D'oignon." Raven said slowly, closing her eyes. The way she said it sounded like she was eating ice-cream for the first time.

I need to steer our conversation towards another direction, or else we might end up talking about my name for the entire trip. But what are the daily conversation topics that are swapped and shared between ponies? I sure as hell don't know any of them.

"S-so, Raven." I stuttered. "What can you tell me about the princess I'll be meeting." I would've said something more inappropriate, but, you know, respect and all that stuff.

That was a puzzled look on her face. "Weren't you informed on who you will be attending?"

"Er...no." I gave the back of my neck a quick rub. "The only information that was given to me was that I'd be doing my world a great service. And, that I'll be serving one of the princesses of Equestria." For a lifetime, or till my death.

Raven giggled. "Don't you think using the word 'serving' is a little exaggerated?"

Would you prefer 'slaving' then? I rolled my eyes at her.

"Maybe. But that was the one and only condition agreed between both parties." And I still don't know why it was so.

"Yes, it would seem so." Raven said, staring out the window beside her. "But surely you must feel honoured by all of this."

It was my turn to raise an eyebrow. "Why would I be?"

"You are about to be the first human to have ever set foot within the walls of Canterlot Castle." Raven said, clapping her two hooves together. "Isn't that wonderful?"

The first human to ever set foot into that castle? Probably the only one that ever will, too. "Oh, yes, wonderful indeed." I replied sarcastically. Still, this was news to me. I never knew that we haven't set foot into that castle. Still cautious of us humans, maybe? That would explain the serving-a-princess part; that way, I would always be watched. And since I'm going to live with royalty, I'll need to be on my best behaviour twenty-four-seven.

"Am I going to be the only human in Canterlot?" I asked Raven.

"In the castle, yes. But there's plenty of your kind staying in the city below it."

"Any idea why I was chosen and not the one's already living here?"

Raven shrugged at me. "I thought you knew the reason."

If I already knew, I wouldn't be here asking you about it now, would I? I shook my head in response to her.

"Huh. Well, I'm sure all will be explained to you once we've reached the castle."

How reassuring.

* * * * * *

You know those situations where you found out at the very last minute that you might have packed a little too much? Well, now is exactly one of them.

We've finally made it to Canterlot. However, unlike the occupants of the train, whom are all leaving the train station as we speak, we are still stuck here. Standing in the middle of the jostling crowd, with all my baggages all stacked up together.

Why are we standing here? You might ask. The answer is simple, I have to get all my stuff alllllll the way up towards the castle. Sounds simple, no? Wrong. The problem which has befallen upon my already frail shoulders is that I can't possibly carry all these baggages in one go. But, being the man that I've always dreamed to be, I do not wish to make a return trip just to retrieve whatever is left here. The man in me is yelling at me to grab all my junk and be strong, but, as the famous saying goes, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak". And lazy.

"I don't suppose you guys got cabs here now, do you?"

Raven replied to me with a disapproving click from her tongue.

"Is all this really necessary, Ron?" she asked, circling the mountain of baggages. "Is not like you'll be staying in Canterlot permanently, unless..." she whipped around and studied me. "you have plans to do so?"

Not for all the cash in the world, sister. I'd take Earth any other day, thank you very much. "Maybe."

Raven gave me a smile. "Well, I hope your stay in Canterlot Castle will help make that decision for you."

"Speaking of castles, how far are we from it?"

* * * * * *

I must admit, the strength this ponies possess are remarkable. We only needed one pony to help carry all my stuff. Now, all that remains is to wait for him to arrive at the castle entrance. If he does at all.

"We've been waiting here for almost an hour, Raven." I yawned. "Are you sure he didn't break his legs or something?"

Raven shook her head. "I assure you, Ron. Forklift is a very capable pony."

"Oh, I don't doubt his strength, Raven. But don't we have a princess to meet?"

Raven glanced behind her, as did I. The entrance alone was massive, but it was nothing compared to the castle it guarded. Several of the royal guards glared at our direction, but said nothing. From what I could see, the guards are mostly winged ponies, clad in amour of gold. They all looked the same, like they're all clones. Strange.

"Princess Celestia is still busy at the moment, Ron." Raven said, turning her head back forward. "We have to at least wait for another hour or two."

"Is she the one I'll be attending to?"

Raven shook her head. "No, but she'll be the one welcoming you when she's available."

How nice of the princess.

* * * * * *

Forklift the pony finally arrived after another hour of waiting, with both baggages and his legs safe, and unbroken. I felt pity for the pony, as I watched him leave, it must've been terribly agonizing to carry all my stuff up here alone, and without help. I must find him and treat him to some tea one day.

Raven whistled behind me. Two of the guards approached us, looking stoic and intimidating.

"Can you assists us by brining all these to the guest wing?" Raven spoke to one of the guards, pointing at my stuff with her hoof. "And please check if the Princess is available." she said to the other. The guards bowed at the both of us and left.

"We can leave you belongings here, Ron."

"Out in the open?"

"The guards will tend to it, don't worry."

I gave my stuff one last look. "If you say so, Raven."

Raven smiled. "Now come! Allow me to give you a tour of Canterlot Castle." and with that said, she trotted off towards the castle, leaving me behind.

* * * * * *

To say Canterlot Castle is huge is an understatement. This place is freaking humongous. Raven brought me to see almost every area of Canterlot Castle: it's grand gardens, it's magnificent courtyard, it's impressive kitchens, it's horrifying dungeons, it's great hall...well, you get the idea. The whole place is grand and dandy.

The view from the castle's balcony is breathtaking. The slowly setting sun basked the entirety of the city and the rest of Equestria in its fading light and glow. All of which, can be seen from where I stand. If only there was a telescope I can use...

"Pardon me," the same guard that left to check on Celestia is back (I think is him, they all look the same, honestly). He turned to look at Raven. "but the Princess would like you to know that she is ready to welcome the human." the guard gave me a quick glance. "If you'll follow me, please."

Raven nodded her head. "Shall we go, Ron?"

"Let's." The guard nodded and beckoned us to follow him.

Whelp, looks like this is it, folks. My time has finally arrived. Soon, I'll be slaving away for a princess I have yet to meet. Unsure and uncertain of my future. If there is to be any at all.

"Are you nervous?" Raven appeared beside me, tilting her head slightly. Is she concerned? She shouldn't be.

"A little, yeah." I replied. "It's not everyday you meet royalty, you know?"

Raven giggled. "No, it is not. But there's nothing to be nervous about, Ron."

Apart from the fact that I might never leave this place?

"If you say so." We've entered the great hall, where the candles are being lit up by more guards, signalling the arrival of night. If I wasn't standing out there on the balcony just now, I wouldn't have noticed that it was already late in the evening. Time sure flies when you're enjoying the sights.

"Remember to bow when approaching the Princesses, Ron." Raven said to me, as we approached two large doors that leads to what must be the throne room.

"Princesses?" that last word caught me off guard. "I thought we're going to meet only one?"

"We are, but that doesn't mean there won't be others." Raven said, smiling. "As you might have noticed, night is approaching, and soon, Princess Luna will awaken from her slumber to raise the moon."

"Luna?"

"Princess Luna, Ron. Don't forget your manners, now." The guard in front us glared back at me. Best I watch what I say from this point onwards.

"Sorry. Who's Princess Luna?"

Raven stared at me with a stony expression. "Do you know anything about the princesses in Equestria? The duties that they perform for the kingdom?"

I shook my head. "No clue." No clue at all. The only thing I knew about them is how many they are.

Raven sighed, slapping her forehead. "We have to find time to educate you on the history of Equestria one day." she noted.

I nodded my head in agreement. Hey, if I'm going to be stuck here, I might as well learn all I can about Equestria.

"I look forward to it, Raven." I said. Raven only giggled in reply.

"Well, I'm sure you wouldn't mind me starting our lessons early then." Raven said, pushing her glasses up. "There are two princesses that currently reside in Canterlot Castle: Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna. Together, they rule over all of Equestria, keeping watch over its citizens and always remaining vigilant.

"Besides from their royal duties, they're also in charge of raising the Sun and the Moon of Equrth. Princess Celestia raises the Sun in the morning, and Princess Luna raises the Moon when night approaches, just like right now." Raven pointed at one of the windows above us, where the sky outside the castle walls has already darkened.

Now, if this world was never discovered, I would've already smack you in the face if you tell me that some magical being raises the sun and moon. But that's not the case right now, is it? I nodded my head in understanding.

"So one raises the sun, while the other raises the moon." I repeated.

Raven nodded. "Very good, Ron!"

The guard leading us suddenly came to a halt. Seems we have already reach our destination. My final destination.

"The princess awaits." the guard said, bowing away from the door.

Raven approached the double doors and place a hoof on it's wooden exterior. She turned to look at me. "One last thing before we go in, Ron." she said, smiling.

"I-Is it something important?" Great, my voice just cracked. Wished I had nerves of steel instead of jelly.

"It is." Raven replied. "Princess Luna will be the princess you'll be attending to."

And with that said, she pushed the doors wide open, the doors that might lead me to either a better future, or a very dark one. I guess there's only one way to find out.

Wish me luck.

Author's Note:

Hello folks,
Here's the first chapter of my brand new story. The movie 'The King And I' gave me the inspiration to write this. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how this will turn out, but hey, you'll never know unless you try, right?

Anyway, please enjoy this chapter!

P.S. The chapter title is actually an anagram. Can you figure out the real title's name?:trollestia: