• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 10,978 Views, 591 Comments

Angel of Gold - Magna85



Nice guy gets turned into a Celedon and has probably the most powerful vocals in the world. What will he do upon reaching Equestria? (Displaced)

  • ...
44
 591
 10,978

Chapter 6

No choice! I thought, and open my mouth to sing.

My voice sounded airy for a moment, but began to gain volume and power as the sounds of fighting slow to almost nothing. I looked up and saw that everyone, including Berserker and Princess Celestia were staring at me as I continued to sing a slow, relaxing song. I closed my mouth once I heard strings in the air, like violins. Berserker began to move towards me, slowly, dropping the weapons that he had scavenged. For Someone’s Glory was still active, keeping his helmet behind the smoke. I opened my mouth again to sing as Berserker got down on both knees at my feet, staring up at me like a little child. I closed my eyes as I keep singing, hoping that my guess was right, that music does soothe the savage beast.

Even after my song ended, I just stood there while Berserker looked at me, calmly, like he was waiting for something. Slowly, the guards and the Princess regained their composure, but had to double-take as they saw Berserker kneeling at my feet. A few seconds later, and the guards rushed in between Berserker and I. This set him off and he began to growl again as he jumped up to grab two spears out of their owner's hands. He had not yet revealed Knight of Honor, so the weapons were still at their regular strength.

Just as he was about to piece the neck of one of the guards with his spears, I shouted, “Stop!”

There was some sort of weird reverb to my voice, but everything stopped. Everyone once again stared at me.

To my astonishment, Berserker lowered his spears from a guard’s neck, allowing the guard to breathe a sigh of relief. Then Berserker walked forward, shoving the guards aside. He had dropped the weapons somewhere, perhaps because he was relaxed. Thankfully, the guards seemed to have learned that getting in the way of Berserker would rapidly lead to injuries. He then knelt down again and looked into my eyes. I heard murmurs from the guards, probably about how I was controlling him or something. I was staring at him as well, but looked up when I heard Celestia walking towards me. The guards bowed a little as she passed, but kept up their guard. Eventually, she stood behind four guards that barred her from getting closer to Berserker.

“Celedon, is there something you want to tell me?” she asked, looking straight into my eyes. I stared back at her and shook my head.

I replied, “I don’t have any idea what I would talk about. I don’t even know what I did to wake him up.”

Suddenly, there were wingbeats above us as I saw a carriage come in for a landing. At the front there seemed to be a horse made of cloud, while a man with wings was guiding the horse down with flaps from said appendages.

Wait, what?

As I looked on in surprise, six young women walked out of the carriage, along with Princess Luna. The six were wearing some type of fancy jewelry, each with a different symbol as the main piece of the necklace. However, a girl with lightly tan skin and a purple-focused outfit had a crown on her head, instead of a necklace.

The one with rainbow hair instantly charged towards me, her sky blue wings beating the air furiously, flying faster than anything I had ever seen. Surprised as I was, she was able to land a solid punch to my right cheek. However, as I had gathered from eating gold, my feathers' ability to slice rock to ribbons, and being of a golden coloration, along with a few other glaring things, this body was made of metal.

Several pops and cracks could be heard from the girl’s hand as she reared back into the sky. Granted, she did force my head to turn, but I wasn’t worried about myself at the moment. Berserker was still kneeling, but I could feel something about to happen.

So I took measures to prevent the possible bloodshed. Utilizing this body’s apparent influence over Berserker, I knelt down and reached out to his shoulders. The smoke covered my hands, but I eventually found his pauldrons.

“Listen,” I said, again hearing a reverb in my voice. He immediately refocused his attention on me. I then said, “I’m not hurt. She didn’t hurt me. Don’t hurt her, okay?” I didn’t feel any pain, leading me to conclude that I hadn’t been hurt.

He lifted his left hand and gently turned my face so he could see where she had hit me. It surprised me that he was being so gentle.

A few tense seconds later and I felt his shoulders relax. I nodded and smiled at him while he resumed his stare. The girl who had hit me was arguing with the other girls that had come, while I saw Princess Celestia shake her head. Apparently, Princess Luna had returned to Princess Celestia’s side while Berserker was examining me. Princess Celestia called out to them, saying, “Girls, if you would please come here.”

They immediately stopped arguing and walked towards us, blushing a little, probably from having to be told to focus like they were children. They looked like adults to me. The six girls finally stopped in front of Princess Celestia and bowed quickly. The one with the crown then asked, “Princess Celestia, what’s going on? Who is that woman and why do you need the Elements of Harmony?”

The Princess had a serious look on her face as she said, “I need you and your friends to use the Elements to reseal this man,” she pointed at Berserker, causing the new arrivals to gasp. She continues, saying, “As for her, you can ask her yourself once this matter is solved.”

Reseal? I thought, then realized what she meant. But why? If he stays like this it doesn’t look like he would hurt anyone. Granted, he did wage a one-man war with an entire country.

Help him...Use your voice...You will need him…

My eyes widened as I looked around discretely. The six girls were now lining up and the emblems were starting to glow. I had to do something, fast.

“Wait!” I yell, again causing everyone to look at me. The six arrivals did the same thing, doing just what I asked, waiting.

“Why do you need to reseal him? He looks like he wouldn’t hurt anyone,” I said. I honestly just wanted to see if I could get his sanity to return, since it looks like he is mesmerized by my voice. Perhaps I can do something to help him…

“Celedon, do you know who this man is?” Princess Celestia asked me, boring into me with a piercing stare.

“No...not really,” I say, saying only what I want her to hear. I didn’t know who he was now, but I knew who he was in the past, so I was technically telling the truth. Sort of.

“He almost destroyed my country, he razed many cities to the ground by himself, and almost killed my sister and I, along with injuring thousands of my subjects,” she said. Princess Luna nodded from her place beside her sister.

I looked down at Berserker, only for pity and grief to once again fill my heart. I wanted to help. It is in my nature, my very being.

“Let me try something,” I said, and knelt down to where Berserker was. He followed my face with his gaze, and just kept staring at me.

Then, I slowly reached up to where I thought his helmet clasps should be, while saying, “Berserker, would you allow me to take your helmet off?”

I received no response. He just kept staring at me.

At least he wasn’t staring at my new chest, though I don’t exactly know how to feel about that.

Author's Note:

Song Name: Moonlit Melody