• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 11,015 Views, 591 Comments

Angel of Gold - Magna85



Nice guy gets turned into a Celedon and has probably the most powerful vocals in the world. What will he do upon reaching Equestria? (Displaced)

  • ...
44
 591
 11,015

Chapter 5

I looked at the fearsome visage of Berserker, visibly shaken at the similarity from Berserker from Fate/Zero. Surprisingly, that is actually the name they put on the plaque.

Berserker: Spirit of Mad Rage and Hatred.

This statue shows just how far a human can be driven to madness. Berserker, that is the only name he would reveal when he was sane, had appeared suddenly over one thousand years ago. He then proceeded to wage a one-man war on the Princesses and Equestria. His ferocity and martial ability were almost unmatched, but the Elements of Harmony destroyed him, and the Princesses left this statue here as a warning to those who delve too far into their war-like thoughts.

What? This guy actually existed in Equestria’s history? I thought. Besides the surprise I felt at the similarity from Fate/Zero’s Berserker, I also felt an incredible pity for this soul. What would he have to endure to drive him to madness that would cause him to do such a thing?

Even if I was a male in a female body, I was overcome with sadness. Perhaps the facts were finally coming back to me. I was stuck in a new world, in a body that was wholly unfamiliar. I had no way of knowing if I could return home, if I could see my friends again. This world might have seemed beautiful at first sight, and it still seems to be, but nothing is perfect.

Why am I here?

At the height of this anguish, two words came to my mouth.

Cithara ostendas…

The words hung in the air for a long period of time. A golden light burst into existence right in front of me. The light morphed and changed until a beautiful golden harp lay ready for me to play.

The only problem was that I didn’t know how to play the harp. However, apparently this body did, or the harp was magical, because I approached the harp with a confidence that led would have led me to believe that I had been playing for years, had I been looking on from the outside.

I lifted my fingers to the strings, and began to play.

The notes of the harp echoed in the still air of the garden. My fingers danced over the strings, producing something that was strangely sad and yet beautiful. I played for a few seconds by myself, but then I could hear something like drum beats and other instruments joining me. Perhaps it was all in my mind.

A wooden wind instrument took over the lead while the harp seemed strangely muted. It was joined with a violin, singing a sweet song into the air. The two instruments effortlessly put my feelings into song.

Then my mouth opened of its own accord and I began to sing a haunting melody, no words, just letting my sadness into the air. Somehow I could hear a multitude of women in just my own voice. I stopped while a few drum beats softly rang out, and the birds sang.

A small organ began playing, short notes combining into an almost mournful tune to my ears. Several bars of what would have sounded like the same notes to some produced an incredible noise to me. I rejoined with my harp as the other instruments played. My own voice replaced most of the instruments and morphed into the sound of a choir, providing all the voices for a beautiful and sad song. The other instruments rejoined me for a few seconds, seemingly like a crescendo. I barely seemed to notice when only a drum beat was left with the birds.

Then a harpsichord was being played, just by itself. It was a simple tone, but held such meaning to me. It started to crescendo, echoing within the garden. I joined in with my voices, the voices of angels. The flute rejoined us for a few seconds before the song faded out from my mind, ending the sad song.

A feeling of profound peace came with the end of the song, a feeling of catharsis. I sighed with relief as the harp dissipated into golden dust. A small smile came over my face.

Then I looked at the statue, only to find something unexpected.

The statue had moved.

I jumped back and beat my wings once, which caused me to jump back a little farther than I would have, normally. It wasn’t so much the fact that the statue had moved than it was the pose that it had taken. It almost looked like it was reaching out to me.

The left gauntlet was reaching to where my head had been, and the stone itself looked cracked in places, near the joints. However, light was coming from the cracks, slowly repairing the statue.

It looked like I hadn’t done anything to the statue with my music, thankfully. Just as I sighed in relief, I heard more cracking, along with a metallic creaking. Black smoke began to float from the cracks, and the statue began to move ever so slowly.

The fist closed and opened again, breaking the stone even more. Fragments began falling off, almost like they were covering something. Then the hand appeared, covered in black smoke, just like in the anime. Light had stopped beaming from the cracks in the statue. Was it even a statue?

The metallic creaking started back up, along with some sort of growling. I wanted to back away, but something kept me rooted to the spot. All of a sudden, I heard wing beats behind me and felt a hand clamp on my shoulder, forcing me to turn around.

Furious turquoise eyes glared at me as Princess Luna shouted, with more far force than necessary, “DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!”

“No!” I yelled back, before turning back to the crumbling statue. My natural instinct was to protect Princess Luna, and I saw Princess Celestia also coming down for a landing. The stone had fallen off the left arm, and it was now thrashing, cracking the stone even more. I need to fix this, even if I don’t know what I did.

I heard Princess Celestia say to Princess Luna, “Luna, summon the Elements, we need to reseal Berserker.” I heard more wing beats as I gathered that Luna had taken off. I heard a large amount of bootsteps coming my way, along with several dozen landing sounds, but all I had eyes for was Berserker.

What do I do? I thought hopelessly to myself, even as Berserker freed most of his upper torso. I wanted to help him, but at the same time I didn’t want to get in the way of a potential battle. Though if it came down to it I would try my best to protect the princesses. Berserker was roaring now, while men and women in golden armor were forming ranks around him, pointing swords and spears at him, while a few had raised their hands, that were glowing, and conjured some form of ball above their hands.

I could try to sing again… I think. However, it might have been my singing that caused this to happen, and I don’t want to upset anyone too much. However, before I could think on it anymore, Berserker roared as he broke free from the rest of his stone prison. He charged straight through the guards before grabbing a spear and a sword. He then proceeded to attack the other guards, who desperately tried to hold him back.

Author's Note:

Song Name: Kingdom of Bards