• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 11,018 Views, 591 Comments

Angel of Gold - Magna85



Nice guy gets turned into a Celedon and has probably the most powerful vocals in the world. What will he do upon reaching Equestria? (Displaced)

  • ...
44
 591
 11,018

Chapter 4

As I was led through the castle by Princess Celestia, I played with my golden hair that I had only just noticed. The smooth fibers slid through my hands effortlessly, not a single knot or tangle. I almost ran into Princess Celestia, who was just a tiny bit shorter than I was. Her wings were also noticeably smaller than mine, but I didn't want to look like a braggart by mentioning this.

She led me to a large hall with a rather long table. The table was covered with a plain white table cloth, and Princess Luna was already sitting at the table eating a modest breakfast. A plate of food was also at the head of the table, presumably where Princess Celestia sat. Surprisingly, there was also a plate to the left of Princess Celestia, across from Princess Luna. It was filled with rather simple fruits, vegetables, meats, and desserts, but there also seemed to be a small cube of gold next to the main plate.

I observed this curious sight as Princess Celestia took her seat. She then gestured for me to take the seat on her left. Once I took my seat, I picked up a piece of fruit, brought it to my mouth and bit down just as the smell hit my nostrils. Suppressing a gag, I bore the absolutely horrid taste and swallowed. Suddenly, my lower body felt warm, but only for a second. I glanced at the two sisters, trying to see if they saw my face of disgust. Thankfully, they were discussing politics.

I discreetly took a whiff of the rest of the food, and it all seemed like it was spoiled. However, I picked up the cube of gold and experimentally sniffed it, hoping I didn't look too weird.

Heaven. That is what I smelled. Without thinking, I bit into the solid metal. But as the thought that I had just bit through metal as if it were food hit my brain, my tongue signaled to my brain that there was a piece of pure ecstasy in my mouth. It took everything I had not to moan and shudder in pleasure. However, that meant I could not hold back from stuffing the rest of the one inch cube into my mouth like a piece of chocolate.

My abdomen felt warm again, but this time stayed at a constant heat for a much longer period. Apparently, in my distraction from the pure pleasure block, the two sisters had noticed my scarfing of the block of metal. I opened my eyes after feeling the heat dissipate from my stomach, only to look into the eyes of the two sisters. Princess Luna was staring at me, eyes wide and mouth slightly open in disbelief and surprise. Princess Celestia was only slightly more subdued than her sister.

I sheepishly smiled and asked, "Uh, not to be rude your highnesses, but why are you staring at me?"

Princess Celestia shook her head lightly and said, "Well, it's not every day that we get to see someone eat solid metal. Even if it is soft gold."

I felt like I would be blushing from embarrassment, but no heat flooded my face. I bowed my head slightly and said, "I'm sorry if I disturbed your breakfast."

Princess Luna finally regained her composure and said, "No, it is not that. The only creatures were have observed to eat metal in its raw form would be some types of half-dragons and other burrowing lizards who feed on the abundant gems in the ground."

"Oh," I said, wondering at this new information. I've always wanted to see a dragon... I thought to myself.

"I shall assume that you cannot eat the rest of your meal as it is?" Princess Celestia asked. With a bit of regret, I nodded.

A few minutes later, a plate made of gold piled with the same small cubes was brought before me, along with modified flatware, in order to cut through without using my hands (or feathers, now that I think of it). The cubes still tasted the same as before, but I had to get used to the absolutely delicious flavor so I could talk without being overwhelmed. Eventually, I was able to keep my eyes open while eating. I still could not speak while whatever was going on in my stomach digested the metal.

"So, Celedon, where are you from? I have not seen skin like that before," Princess Celestia asked, folding her hands underneath her chin and leaning forward inquisitively, having finished her breakfast.

I swallowed the delicious gold and covered my mouth with a hand to signal that she had caught me in the middle of eating. After a few seconds, I said, "Well, I'm pretty sure that my home is really far away. I don't think your maps would have it, because it's so unknown."

"Truly? That is a pity. Do you not have family and friends back home?" she asked as she frowned slightly.

My eyes widened as I thought about the people that I had left behind after being strangled by whatever that thing was. The many friends I had would definitely miss me. However, before I tried to figure out if my new body would produce tears, I forced myself to smile and said, "I'm sure they could live without me. I will miss them, no doubt, but I think I'll be fine."

But just thinking that they would forget me chilled my heart. I'm sure the sisters wanted to ask more questions, but they must have sensed that I did not want to talk about it. After that, I finished eating, though the gold had lost some of its taste. As I finished off the plate, I excused myself and asked the sisters for the more interesting places in the castle.

Apparently, they had a garden close by. A few other locations were named, such as the library, but I wanted to go to the garden. Once I got there, thanks to the perfect directions given to me from Princess Celestia, I started walking around to find a quiet spot away from the entrance to the garden.

After wandering around for a bit in the maze, I found a clearing with only one statue. Many of the other statues looked like they belonged, somehow. But this one...this one had a whole new type of anger and evil to it. As I looked at it, it started to appear much more familiar to me. The helmet especially.

Berserker?