• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 11,018 Views, 591 Comments

Angel of Gold - Magna85



Nice guy gets turned into a Celedon and has probably the most powerful vocals in the world. What will he do upon reaching Equestria? (Displaced)

  • ...
44
 591
 11,018

Chapter 24

We didn't have dinner at the traditional time, rather, Tim and I chose to have our meals sent to our rooms. I brought my 'food' with me to his room, the next one over. I didn't try to sit on his bed though. His room was pretty much the same as mine, though without the heavy-duty bed frame.

"So, Celedon, how are we going to handle this many people on our trip?" Tim asked me suddenly.

The gold still blinded me for a moment in its ecstasy, so it was a few seconds before I answered. "I honestly don't know. I didn't plan on that happening, but having more people along for the journey is a good thing, I guess."

"Hopefully the Mer-kingdom isn't too far away. Did Discord ever say when the contest would actually be held?"

"Now that I think about it, no, he didn't." We remained silent for a few more minutes as we ate. I started thinking about what we might come across during our travels, if we might come against highwaymen, beasts, or other annoyances like that. Unconsciously, I began humming in infrasound as I continued to think and speculate.

Then, I heard the familiar and horrible noise of reversed notes, along with a blinding pain.

Everything went white.


Pain.

Sorrow.

Confusion.

I was looking from on high down at the snow covered ground. I felt three very negative things while I was floating. I also felt...larger. Then I heard chimes and incoherent noise that barely whispered into my mind.

A slight flash of light reflecting off of armor, a scream of rage and sorrow, a sword flying towards me, and then...

...

PAIN! UNBEARABLE PAIN!


I woke with a start, still on the floor in Tim's room.

"Celedon! Are you alright?" Tim was kneeling over me, about to slap my face again.

I held up an arm and blocked his hand before saying, "I'm...fine."

"No you're not. You just passed out on me. There has to be something going on that neither of us know about! Now tell me what you did to make that happen!" Tim was getting a little worried, as it hadn't two days since I had done the same thing.

"I, I was just thinking about what might happen, like what we might meet down the road. I think I was humming by the end of it, before I heard horrible sounding noises. They sounded like reversed notes, unnatural things. Then I saw myself floating above...something. I saw a glint of armor and a scream, before a sword flashed towards me. After that, nothing but pain filled my mind," I recounted.

"So, what, you saw the future?"

"I sincerely hope not!" I exclaimed. I certainly did not want to feel that pain again.

"Um..." We heard a voice call from the doorway.

Celestia was there with a slight blush and a smile hidden behind her hand. "Is this a bad time?"

Tim scrabbled away and back onto his bed while I sat up, once again thanking whatever deity that ruled this realm that I couldn't blush, and said, "No, I just blacked out again."

Celestia's face became serious at that. "Did you have another vision?"

"I don't know. Maybe? It wasn't quite the same..."

"If you're sure it's nothing," Celestia started.

"It's fine, I'm sure nothing will come of it," I interjected.

Celestia once again looked at me with skeptical eyes before breathing out through her nose. "Discord told us about what Gilgamesh had revealed to you, and about this Void-coat person's request. It may take some time, but we are optimistic in being able to gain alliances from most of the civilized inhabitants of the planet. If we knew what was coming, then we would have a better chance of gaining even more allies," Celestia explained, giving me a subtle hint at a question.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's coming. Void-coat said it wouldn't be for a long while now. He did say to just worry about the current journey we're about to embark on."

Celestia nodded in understanding. "Right. You don't need to worry about politics right now. Just go see the contest. It would be an interesting change of pace to hear that an outsider entered in the Ocean's Call. If you need an explanation as to why you want in, I would recommend telling them about how having an outsider joining the contest would rake in a lot more attention for their cities. It would boost their economy quite a bit with the tourists, businessmen making deals, and all the networking that would inevitably abound upon learning of such a rare phenomena."

"Wow...I don't know what to say. You really thought this though, didn't you?" I was overwhelmed at the planning that Celestia could do just in a day in order to get something done.

"Well, I'm not a Princess for no reason. Luna would probably tell you the same thing, though in a more archaic way. She is still a little out of touch with the times." Celestia's face changed to a wistful one.

I stood up and, hopefully not breaching any protocols, placed a hand on her shoulder. Learning that Celestia had to banish her sister and be alone for a thousand years...I don't know how I would've taken it.

Celestia met my eyes. She focused back on the present and said, "Thank you." After I released her shoulder, she continued, "You two should get some sleep. You need to go in the morning to meet with your chosen guards. Who knows? You might learn something from them."

"Alright. Thank you, your highness," I said as I bowed. I heard Tim doing the same behind me.

As I stood straight I saw her shaking her head lightly with a smile. Then she closed the door.

I looked over to Tim and said, "I guess we'd better get our rest then."

"Yeah." He yawned and stretched. "Good night Celedon."

"Good night Berserker."


Help me... I heard a small voice in a blackened void. There was nothing around me, not even little points of light.

Hello? I called as I floated through the void towards the voice.

Save me... The voice was louder now. I thought I could make out a shape of someone sitting down with their knees to their chest.

Who's there? I called again, still wondering just what I was looking at. Then, the being appeared in front of my face. It was covered in flames. A face that was completely grayed out and made of static gazed at me with glowing yellow eyes before shrieking,

KILL ME!!


"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" I screamed as I shot up off the bed. The room was quiet and dark, barely even any noise came from outside. I listened for footsteps, in case I woke anyone up. There was silence for at least half a minute. Then I clutched my head with my hands.

What was that...?

Author's Note:

Edited by neon scar