• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 11,015 Views, 591 Comments

Angel of Gold - Magna85



Nice guy gets turned into a Celedon and has probably the most powerful vocals in the world. What will he do upon reaching Equestria? (Displaced)

  • ...
44
 591
 11,015

Chapter 21

That cretin! Blueblood thought, his nethers still in severe pain from his injury yesterday. How dare he do such a thing to me! ME! I swear on my aunties, I will have that dog’s head and that golden woman if it's the last thing I-!

At the moment a hole opened up in the prince's room. Before he could even process what he was looking at a large figure fell out of it into his room, slamming into the floor with a thud. Right behind him was a large green canine the size of lion who landed much more gracefully. The being groaned as the hole closed up.

"How in the hell do I trip on infinite nothingness?" He asked aloud before standing up and dusting himself off.

The being was a massive height, as tall as Berserker, maybe even taller. He was dressed in armor that covered everything but his face around his eyes and a long red scarf with a golden emblem at the end wrapped around his neck. Clipped to his back was spear nearly as long as he was.

"Now where am-?" he muttered before catching sight of Blueblood lying in his bed, staring back at him with a stunned expression. They gazed at each other for a few moments more. "Um... Is this Canterlot?"

"Y-Yes?" he answered hesitantly,

"Huh... So you're human in this dimension. And not the EG version of humans either. That's interesting," he muttered. "Anyway, apologies for crashing into your room, sir." he said with a bow. "We will take our leave, good sir."

Well, at least he's polite, unlike that other brute... Wait a moment…

"Wait a moment!" Blueblood called, wincing in pain as he sat up.

"Are you alright?" the armored man asked.

"Believe me, my pride was hurt the most. But maybe you could help with that, fine sir."

The warrior turned to look at him. "I'm listening."

"Within these city walls lies two outsiders who have humiliated me. They brazenly walk around as if the city was their own, and blatantly disregard royalty. I attempted to stand against them and put them in their place, but they were too strong. One is a man covered in black armor and of incredible strength and speed, and the other a golden angel with power over song who commands him. Please sir, I and our kingdom would be deeply indebted to you if you could defeat them."

The warrior pondered this for a moment before responding. "What is your name good, sir?"

"Prince Blueblood."

"Thought as much," he muttered under his breath. "Well, Prince Blueblood, what must I do to help you regain your honor?"

Blueblood smiled. "Challenge the brute to a duel on my behalf, and make sure to wager that they have to obey me if they lose."

Even behind his face guard, Blueblood could see the warrior smirk. "I agree to fight them."

"Excellent! I promise you will be rewarded for this, warrior. Just let me handle setting up the duel. Oh, and may I have your name?"

"You may call me Gilgamesh."


A few minutes later

Inside the dining hall, I had joined Tim in disassembling the DJ’s equipment, much to her gratitude. Though, she looked like she was listening to her music more than she was helping clean up. Ah well, she needed to get going either way and I guess I didn’t really get tired like others would.

Suddenly, there was a loud groan as the front doors of the hall opened up.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this? I thought.

Everyone inside watched as Blueblood was rolled forwards from the doorway on a wheelchair. I smirked as I remembered the painful injury that Tim had given the pompous moron.

Then someone walked in behind the servant rolling in Blueblood.

My eyes widened on seeing the massive warrior. My only thoughts were, How in blazes did Blueblood get that guy to work for him?

There is only one reason the Prince would waltz in even while he was injured. That would be to challenge Tim and try to, again, receive my hand. Ugh, even thinking about that made me shiver in disgust.

“Blueblood, what are you doing out of the medical ward? You need to recover after your...injury,” Celestia said, looking slightly worried at his current state.

“Aunt Celestia, I am perfectly able to travel the castle like this," he replied. But as he went over a crack on the floor, he jerked and tried to keep his face neutral.

“Now, I must have a talk with... with Angel and uh, Armor,” he said, still ignorant to our names.

Beside me, Tim had already put on his helmet and For Someone’s Glory was active, the black smoke obscuring his body.

I fixed Blueblood with a cold glare and said, “We have no reason to speak with you and I would rather we not have a repeat of yesterday’s battle. That was honestly pathetic, but understandable, given your opponent.”

Tim chuckled, his voice sounding terrifying under the effects of the smoke.

The warrior had not yet moved, but I could see that he was focused on Tim more than me. He probably could sense Tim’s strength, even under the effects of For Someone’s Glory.

Blueblood tried to cringe away from Tim, even across the room. However, he jerked again, probably from the pain of moving anything after having his pelvis pulverized.

Blueblood let out a pain filled breath before he said, “I did not come here to hear your petty insults. But you will be fighting my champion in a duel. His name is Gilgamesh!”

My eyes widened. He looked nothing like the Gilgamesh that I knew. However, Tim would probably react by name alone.

Stop!” I shouted, putting an arm in front of Tim.

Tim could only roar in response, struggling against me. I had moved in front of Tim, using all of my strength to push him backward. My feet dug into the ground, cracking even more flooring that would need to be taken care of.

“He’s not the King of Heroes!”

Tim’s struggles immediately stopped.

“Hm, I guess she really does command him,” Gilgamesh muttered. He then walked forwards and stopped in front of us before walking around us both, scanning us intently. “Interesting. It’s obvious the big guy does the real fighting, but you don’t seem to be without your own powers either.”

“That comes with being who I am, Gilgamesh.” Not that he knew what I was made of.

“Hm. Given what you two are you must be strong, however I don’t want to go too hard on you. I guess a test is in order.”

In a flash he jumped up and kicked at Tim’s face, who managed to block it. The force was enough to send a small shockwave through the room, forcing even me back a few steps. Gilgamesh then pushed off Tim in mid-air, backflipping and landing on his feet.

“Nice. Strength, speed and reflexes. Let’s see how you handle this!” he exclaimed before rushing forwards and unleashing a flurry of punches at Tim, fast enough that it looked like he had a dozen arms, all while shouting ”DORARARARARARARARARARARARA!”

Tim, taking his agility parameter straight from Berserker, an A+, was able to keep up with his punches, weaving and deflecting the warrior’s fists. Tim then ducked underneath the main section of punches and cocked a fist back for a brutal uppercut. Amazingly Gilgamesh countered with a headbutt, slamming his own head into the oncoming attack. A punch like that would’ve been enough to smash through a normal man’s skull and come out the other side. Instead, the same shock wave as his starting kick erupted from the impact, sending out force through the whole room again.

Everyone looked on in stunned silence, which was then filled as Gilgamesh threw his head back and began laughing, applauding vigorously.

“Ha ha ha! Not bad! Looks like you’ll be worth my time after all! Ok then, a battle it is! I think we’ll have to take the fight outside though. I guess the base of Canterlot would be fine.”

I was still stunned that he had been able to take Tim’s hit, with his head of all things! But I regained my composure and said, “That should work, but I still don’t understand how that...man, was able to get someone of your strength on his side.”

“Irrelevant for now. By the way, big guy, what’s your name?” he asked Tim.

I glanced at Tim, praying that Mad Enhancement had not taken effect.

“Berserker.” I let out a breath.

“Hm, appropriate. And you, miss?”

My natural tendency for politeness showed itself as I bowed a little and said, “My name is Celedon. A pleasure to meet you, though I wish it was under different circumstances.”

“Huh, sounds like a Pokemon name,” he muttered. I could then see him smirking behind his face guard. “I want you, too.”

I felt and heard my wings extend. “I am not a damn trophy,” I replied angrily.

“You misunderstand. I meant I want to fight you, too.”

My wings relaxed and I tilted my head to the left in confusion. I doubt I had a chance of fighting him, since unlike Tim, I had no special advantages in the way of speed or reaction time. All I had was my unnaturally dense golden body and my wings.

“I don’t know how much you can actually fight, but you must have some kind of power, support or otherwise. I’ll take on both of you at the same time. You might actually be able to provide me some challenge.”

The almost arrogant attitude of this warrior stunned me. Tim had been able to counter Gilgamesh, if just for a second, and he was asking for another combatant? Just who was this guy?

However, I answered and said, “I don’t know about that. I’ve never really been in a fight before…”

“And I would rather she not fight at all.” I heard the voice Celestia speak up from the other side of the room. She continued, “Celedon is a guest of the Crown, and I will not stand here and let you bully her into something she would rather not do.”

He shrugged. “That’s fine. She doesn’t have to fight me. Hell, even Berserker doesn’t have to fight me,” he answered simply. I could then see another smirk creep up from under his faceguard. “However, what happens when you come across someone as powerful who doesn’t care about what you want? Just gonna ask them politely to stop and just hope it all works out?”

His reasoning caused me to grimace. What with the trip we would be on soon, it would probably be best to get some type of combat experience. I looked at Tim, who was ready and raring to go, but he was also staring at me.

I sighed. “Princess Celestia, thank you for your concern. But, with our plans being what they are,” I took a deep breath, “it would probably be for the best that I participated in this...battle.”

“Excellent! Oh, also, one last stipulation: The winner gets to have one irrefutable request of the loser,” Gilgamesh added quickly, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

My own eyes narrowed in suspicion. Blueblood would only get someone to challenge Tim if they would agree to add on that little condition. Hell, I could even see Blueblood smirking behind him, which all but confirmed this. But, I really had no choice if I wanted to see battle myself. I rolled my eyes and said, “Fine. Just don’t get too cocky.”

He chuckled. “We’ll see who’s really the one who’d doing the underestimating. Oh, and Fluttershy, could you watch Enkidu? Thanks,” he said before quickly turning around and walking out the door.

“Um, wh-what?” the shy girl asked before turning to her left and jumping back with a meep, coming face to face with the massive green dog-wolf-thing that we some how hadn’t noticed until now. “U-U-Um… good doggie?” she asked hesitantly. The canine responded by immediately flopping over onto it’s back in front of her, obviously asking for a belly rub.

Hold on, what? I thought. Gilgamesh knew Fluttershy? And he owned a dog that size? Who is this guy?

“Waiting on you fellas!” he called back from down the hall.

I took one last glance at Fluttershy, who had now gotten into rubbing the huge dog that was now wagging its tail happily, and sighed.

What have I gotten myself into?


I stared at the two across from me, Berserker’s armor obscured in some kind of black fog while Celedon looked on nervously between both him and me. I could also feel the gazes of a large crowd from above at the city, perhaps even all of Canterlot. An audience is always nice.

Hm… something’s odd about her aura… Can’t quite put my finger on it. I mentally shrugged. Oh well. I guess I need more training in aura sense.

“Just so you know, I have no intention of killing or horribly maiming you. However, I have no intention of losing and I’ll fight as hard as I have to to win. Aside from the aforementioned killing and maiming, as I mentioned before,” I clarified.

“Well, that’s a relief, but it wouldn’t hurt for you to not go all out. We are trying to go on a journey soon and we need to at least be able to walk, if not fight,” she said.

I chuckled. “I’ll do my best, but like I said, I have full intents to win. Besides, I have some healing spells if worse come to worst.”

A strange mix of confusion and relief flitted across Celedon’s face for a second before her face returned to its previous wariness.

“I guess that helps…” she said.

“Now then,” I began, unclipping my naginata from my back, spinning it for some flourish before taking a ready stance. “Don’t dissapoint me. It’s been a few months since I’ve had a decent fight.”

“Berserker,” she said, her face hardening while she stared at me. The knight looked at her.

“Don’t fail. Use everything you have at your disposal.” He snapped his gaze back to me, before his armor started creaking and several tassels detached from his back and began flying around behind him. His own armor began glowing red through the smoke and he let out an insane roar.

“BEGIN!” I shouted as I dashed forwards, Berserker responding with the same. The distance of several yards was covered in almost a second. Deciding to test how he fought I tried a more unorthodox attack and simply launched a shoulder barge at him. To my surprise, Berserker twisted out of the way to get in my blind spot.

So, he’s more inclined to dodge than take a hit. Interesting. Not a brute after all.

I slammed my naginata into the the ground and used it as a pole to swing myself in a circle, dodging his attack and launching my own in response, a kick to the head with the added momentum of swinging my whole body.

Berserker ducked swiftly, and aimed a punch to the back of my knee. I uprooted my weapon in response and slashed at his head, which he skillfully dodged and tried to kick my torso in response. I twisted my body so his kick came in contact with my feet, using the force of his attack to propel me into the air. Giving me an overhead view of them both. I then used my control of the wind to shoot me down at him with as much force as I could muster. He dodged to the side, my impact with the ground sending out a shockwave and kicking up a large dirt cloud, and I followed up with hurling my weapon at him like a javelin. Even though it was was inches from his face he dodged and grabbed it before dashing at me, preparing to attack me with it. I stood still as he pulled back his swing before summoning it back to my hand, causing him to whiff his now empty hands at me, before I backhanded him to the side, sending him sliding for several yards.

“My weapons are as my own limbs. You cannot wield them if I do not permit it so.”

Suddenly I felt a massive gust of wind coming from Celedon’s direction, dispelling all of the dirt. It felt almost like a tornado was raging at me. I was about to send out my own gust of wind in response when Berserker came back and began to hail on me with a series of punches, finishing off with a strong haymaker that sent me sliding along the ground for a few yards, though I managed to stay standing the whole time.

I cracked my neck before turning back to face them. “Thank you sir, may I have another?”

In reply, Berserker roared at me and darted forward, trying to do as I asked. A little ways away, I saw Celedon looking at me in astonishment. She must’ve been expecting me to at least have some noticeable damage from that. Luckily, my experimentation was working like I planned, my Osmosion genes allowing me to absorb energy, even kinetic energy. I was taking it all, of course, no sense in easy victories, but sometimes the appearance of invincibility is just as important as true power.

Besides, I still need to take my new powers out for more of a spin. I’ll be staying in my base form for as much as possible. But first, an old favorite.

Once Berserker was within point-blank range I hit him with a Penetrating Beam as wide as my head. The beam of fire was near instantaneous and, without any tells, actually managed to land a hit and sent him tumbling backwards.

“Your speed and technique are impressive. Though simple, your style is exceedingly effective. Truly you are no mere brute. However,” I began as I grabbed my scarf and flicked my wrist, the cloth transforming into a pair of red draconic wings as large as my body. "I am more than meets the eye as well!"

As the song played I wordlessly activated Kage Bushin no Justu and summoned four clones. We all took to the air before casting Haste on ourselves and attacking Berserker from multiple angles like swooping hawks.

The knight stood there and watched as we all flew towards him. As the first clone came within arms reach, he dodged the strike as before and flipped out of the way of the second clone. He continued by backflipping over the third clone as he came in to strike and stuck a foot into the clone’s back. The clone disintegrated in a puff of air, but the fourth clone was able to tackle Berserker out of the air. Berserker rolled on the ground as the first clone once again tried to swoop down on him with his blade. He continued his roll and backflipped, barely scraping the clone’s faceguard with a rising kick.

I was right behind my clone and slashed at Berserker with my naginata as I flew forward. He dodged to the side again and cartwheeled out of the way of another clone.

Hm, I suppose even with the multiple fighters the attack is a bit too obvious. I backed off and had my clones retreat with me, summoning another one to replace the one defeated before summoning a ball of flame into my hand. I suppose this is as good a time as any to try and bring more video game moves to life. I then tucked my hand to my chest as I covered my upper torso with my wings, having my clones do the same. We all hovered on the wind, weaving between each other to try and confuse him before quickly positioning ourselves around Berserker, close enough for the attack but enough out of his reach to react if he charged. We all opened our wing cloaks in quick succession, going in a circle like a row of dominos, throwing out our hands like we meant to attack. Of course, only I had the ball of flame, and was second to last in the procession, shooting it at his back.

Behind you!” I heard Celedon yell. Berserker backflipped over the fireball, which sailed between two of my clones. He charged towards me after completing his acrobatic maneuver, screaming in rage like the Viking warriors he was named after.

I chuckled as I sailed over him, landing where he just was, and summoning about another fifty clones to arrange themselves around him, once again out of his immediate striking range, boxing him in on all sides except mine. I summoned one more clone of myself who extended his naginata out and began to spin before I struck him, swinging my own weapon like a baseball bat. The clone was launched at Berserker, who dodged to the side, only to jump back as one of the wall clones swung its own weapon at him. The clone I launched hit the wall of clones in the back, sending several up into the air, before bouncing back at Berserker, who dodged again. I struck my clone again and the cycle continued three more times, the clone bouncing off the wall of other clones like a pinball, its path becoming more and more erratic, before it and I finally stopped and jumped high into the air. Unnoticed by Berserker, this whole time the other clones had launched themselves into the sky and we now all bore down on him, our weapons and bodies forming a house sized wall of spikes, before we shot ourselves at him.

”Gilginary Wall!” I called just moments before striking.

Suddenly, a golden streak shot out and hit Berserker, carrying him out of range of the attack. I looked from where Celedon had flown and saw that the earth behind where she had shot forward was bare. Trees had been uprooted and the dirt had been pushed backwards into massive piles from the force in her wings.

Wow. That’s some force behind her wings. I guess she really is as heavy as she looks. Would explain why her wings produce so much wind. But now that she’s gotten involved-

As I and the rest of my clones struck the ground, producing a massive shockwave and dirt cloud, I had them jump up into the air while I raised my weapon. They all quickly latched onto it and then each other, forming a human hammer. I jumped up into the air and spun forwards, shouting ”Gilginary Hammer!” as I brought it down at them both.

However, Celedon spread her wings and blasted towards the head of the hammer, impacting against it. She then went straight through it like a knife through butter, ending up on the other side. I could see that she had taken some damage by flying through a dense cloud of armor and blades, as a golden liquid trickled down her arms and face. In just a few seconds, the cuts had been sealed though, even the larger gashes that should have taken at least a day to heal.

Quite the durable one, isn’t she?

I jumped back several yards by backflipping before rushing towards Berserker, ordering my remaining clones to form a large ball out of their own bodies as they fell to earth. Just before they hit the ground I launched myself at them, bringing my foot back. ”Gilginary Ball!” I called before kicking the human sphere at Berserker with the force of an oncoming semi-truck.

He didn’t dodge this time. He actually ran towards the ball of clones and dropped a shoulder into it, then quickly lifted said shoulder and deflected it into the air.

I chuckled as I dispersed all the clones, this really was amusing. Not as challenging as that time I fought the Ginyu Force, but still pretty good.

“So, you have finally decided to start working as a team! Much better! Show me what you can do together!” I called as I spun my weapon for flourish.

Celedon shouted out, “Berserker!” as I felt a breeze behind me. I dodged to the side, watching Celedon streak by me, ready to slash at her in response. My blade connected, but not in the way I expected. Instead of sinking into her arm like I thought, it sliced a small line down her arm as she passed by. Small drops of the golden liquid rained on the ground, where the ichor started steaming against the grass.

Tougher than she looks. I thought pure gold was soft, I thought as I landed, ready to dash at her and follow up the attack. Instead of stopping, she soared at Berserker, who already had his hands out. Instead of them colliding, Berserker grabbed her arms and spun around, flinging her back at me with an incredible speed. As she flew towards me this time, Celedon had folded her wings around her upper body like a bullet, and her feathers had aligned into a single smooth sheet of gold.

Not bad, I thought before extending my arm. But not good enough. Just before she hit me I released all the kinetic energy I had stored from Berserker’s blows in one burst of force, enough to equal the force she intended to hit me with. I smiled at the shocked expression on her face before firing another Penetrating Beam and sending her tumbling.

“That’s right! More! Give me more of that! Make me work for my victory!” I shouted. I could feel the joy of combat burning inside me, waiting with great anticipation for what they would try next.

After recovering next to Berserker, she whispered something into his ear, through his helmet. He stiffened before he charged at me, while Celedon stayed where she was. Her eyes were closed in concentration before she opened them. However, something was different this time. Her eyes were glowing slightly as drum beats filled the air and she began to sing. She opened her wings as well and crouched almost like a runner preparing for a race.

Berserker seemed to gain strength from the song and rushed even faster than before in my direction. In addition, I noticed my own song was beginning to fade. Berserker attacked me viciously, the two of us dodging and trading blows as Celedon’s song grew in power. I almost felt myself fighting to the beat of the song.

What’s going on? I thought as I deflected a blow by Berserker, only to take another to the face. Even still, I felt my breathing begin to slow and I didn’t feel the same drive as before. Wait, that’s it! She’s a songstress! Her music has power! It’s affecting my mind! It’s weakening my fighter’s spirit and empowering his!

I growled and unleashed a burst of wind from my body with enough force to send Berserker flying several feet back.

“Clever, angel! But my will won’t be broken so easily! Setting battle to songs is my shtick! And even without magic, I still have force!"

I began to bob my head and tap my foot to the beat as Berserker charged at me. I took his charging punch to my face, letting my anger build, before quickly grabbing him by the arm and slamming him into the ground, then lifting him up again hitting him with my naginata, sending him into the sky. As the song began to swell into the first chorus I yelled as fiercely as I could and charged Celedon, our songs clashing in tone as I brought back my weapon and readied a strike.

She almost seemed to smirk before her wings flapped down quickly, launching her body at me.

“FOOL! THE WIND IS MY ALLY! HURRICANE!” I shouted, swinging my weapon and unleashing a funnel of wind at her the size of a car. Her eyes widened as she slowed down considerably, but with one flap she shot out the top of the wind tunnel and flew over my head. By this time, I heard a roar from above my head. Berserker was falling towards me with a foot outstretched. I responded by summoning my gravity powers and catching him mid-air before throwing him into Celedon, the clang of metal against metal ringing out over the battlefield. Celedon stopped singing from the impact.

“I wanted to keep this a mostly physical battle, but if this is how you fight, so be it,” I declared as I inhaled deeply. “SHABON BREATH!” I shouted, combining my Aqua Breath attack with the power of Hamon and breathing countless bubbles from my mouth. I then commanded them to swarm my two opponents, moving erratically like a horde of wasps.

Celedon shook her head before noticing the bubbles moving towards her and Berserker. He had gotten up and was standing in a ready position, trying to anticipate the movement of the bubbles, while she was sitting on the ground, her wings halfway into the earth.

She opened her mouth then and screamed. This wasn’t a simple sound of exclamation. She screamed with enough force that the bubbles slowed down and started popping, prompting them to explode. The explosive force caused her to be pushed backwards along the ground. She stayed there, dazed from the power of Hamon. Berserker looked over at Celedon, then charged at me, roaring with more fervor than before.

“You did well last time, let’s see how good you do now,” I muttered, clipping my naginata to my back and pulling back my arms. “Muda da,” I said before dashing forwards and unleashing a flurry of lightning-fast punches. ”MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!”

Berserker roared and dodged or deflected almost every single one of my punches. A few were able to get past his defenses, but it seemed like he was tiring ever so slightly. He suddenly wove past a punch aimed for his face and shot an open palm to my chest.

“Down, boy,” I said with a smirk and increased the gravity around him to the point he struggled to stand up. “Not bad. You know there’s, something else I’ve been wanting to try out.” I held my arm out and concentrated before summoning a rocket launcher into my hand. “Well look at that, I don’t need to transform to bring it out anymore. Oh, and also?” I aimed it at his head and fired, the rocket carrying him several feet before exploding. “Boom, headshot,” I said before dismissing the weapon.

I heard Celedon yell out “Berserker!” as she flapped her wings and landed beside the stunned knight.

“Oh please. After everything else we’ve hit each other with, that was practically a love tap.” I said with a chuckle. Oddly enough the freaking rocket launcher was less powerful than my transformed weapons, but there is something to be said for range.

As Celedon looked over Berserker, he flipped up and started to run forwards but was stopped by Celedon with a hand to his chestplate. She brought her left wing in front of them and I heard two metallic pings. When she removed her wing, Berserker was holding two of her golden feathers in his hands like daggers. A red and black color overcame both however, and he charged at me again, roaring. Celedon had flown forward as well, speeding up to match Berserker in a second. Celedon suddenly peeled off, flying straight up and blasting me with a burst of wind, while Berserker still ran at me.

WHOA, HELLO! I thought as I instinctively hopped back. Deciding distance might be best I took my stance and pulled my arms back, gathering my energy. ”Hadouken! I shouted, firing a small ball of blue ball of energy from my hands at him.

Instead of dodging this time, Berserker flashed a hand forward and threw the feather-dagger. Its spinning arc sliced through the energy ball and stuck into the ground. Berserker kept moving, performing a flip to grab the dagger from the ground.


High above, the audience of the battle below had trouble keeping up with the sheer speed and power that was being used. Gilgamesh’s attacks were easily seen, though the black and gold duo seemed to be able to counter his more flashy moves. Gilgamesh did have a noticeable advantage by virtue of having a weapon, or weapons, on his person. The spectators had basically bet all their money on the massive warrior, though some believed that the black knight and the golden angel would win simply because they worked as a team.

Twilight looked down at the raging fight and started to worry about the two recent additions to the castle. Gilgamesh was easily able to keep up with Berserker, and as she said, Celedon had no battle experience. Still, it was surprising how well the two worked together.

“Twilight?” a calm voice sounded from behind her.

She started and turned around, seeing Princess Celestia standing there with an amused smile on her face.

“Princess Celestia. Please don’t scare me like that,” Twilight implored before returning her eyes down below at the battleground.

Celestia walked up beside her with a grimace on her face.

“Do you think they’ll win?” Twilight asked as she looked to her mentor.

The Princess stared at the spear wielding warrior for a few seconds before answering. “It is possible as of right now. They might be able to get a lucky hit in and take him down. But he is so experienced, you could see it in his bearing,” she said after a sigh.

Twilight’s gaze found the base of the mountain again, where she started to worry heavily about the outcome of the battle.

And she didn’t know if her new friend(s)? would win.


I swung my naginata, which Berserker ducked under like I expected, before kicking up at his head. His reflexes and agility served him well that despite being inches from my foot he backflipped out of the way.

This is pretty fun, but I think I’m gonna have to start wrapping this up soon. Maybe a few more of my new moves, then I’ll decide whether or not to… wait, where’s Celedon been this whole time? I would’ve thought she’d attack in some form by-

Just as I thought this, I heard the aforementioned Angel scream, “Berserker!”

The knight flipped out of my reach and kept going until he was right beside her. She again whispered something into his ear. This time, he actually looked at her, as if confirming the order. She nodded and an electric guitar started playing.

The knight turned back to me and began laughing, madness in his voice. The black smoke from his armor started to fade, like it was being blown off. The armor underneath the smoke was of incredible craftsmanship, though it looked more suited to destruction than nobility. Then, twin clouds of the smoke swirled down from his right hand and formed a dark blade. The intense malice from the sword was easily noticeable, though I could not decipher why it was so evil.

As the song swelled, Celedon began singing. Both of them charged, Celedon taking to the skies to wear down my spirit with her song and Berserker sprinting forward at an extremely fast pace, much faster than before. Maybe the blade enhanced his strength and speed somehow?

Time these guys got a taste of pure Gilgy sound, I thought while activating my next song.

“Ok big guy, you look like you’re pulling out the stops! SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO!” I shouted charging forwards before leaping into the air and firing dozens of lasers from my eyes with Laser Barrage.

Celedon flew above Berserker, and reflected the lasers off of her body. Then, she shot into the air and kept singing while Berserker launched himself at me from the ground, pulling back his blade for a rising slice.

As good a time as any to use this, I thought, blocking his slice with my naginata. As the two weapons locked I activated the rotation and spun my fingernails. “Tusk, Act 2!” I called and fired my thumb, middle, ring, and pinkie fingernails from my left hand at him. Surprised and at point blank range, all four struck him in the chest. However, since I didn’t want to kill him, I directed the attacks as Tusk itself appeared behind me in its second form.

”Chumiiiiiiiin!~” it called in its high pitched voice as I pushed Berserker off me. As he fell the four holes moved, two to his elbows, and two his knees.

“THESE HOLES WILL SHOOT YOU!” I shouted before each hole activated and fired through his body. Though non-lethal, hitting all of his major limb joints would definitely hinder him, and I heard him roar in pain as he fell to the earth.

Just before he hit the ground, he flipped and landed perfectly, even with the holes in his limbs. Even from my place in the air, I could hear his growling.

“Wow, high pain tolerance,” I muttered as I landed myself before raising a hand at him. “Electrocute!” I called and fired a bolt of lightning at him.

However, he anticipated the movement of my arm and ducked to the side right before I fired. Celedon then shot out of the sky and tried to slash at me with both of her wings while spinning forward.

Oh, this’ll be fun, I thought with a smirk. First I brought her to the ground with my gravity powers before pointing my left index finger at my head and spinning the nail. “Tusk, Act 3!” I declared before firing the nail into my head. As my body fell back and hit the ground my body from the waist up contorted through a bullet sized hole in the ground. I could feel my body move as I emerged from a hole appearing on Celedon’s back. “Hi there. Come around her often?” I asked cheekily before pointing my five right fingers at her, their nails spinning, and firing into her neck, Tusk’s third form behind me. As I retreated back through the hole I commanded the holes in her body to move to her collarbone before firing. She got up, surprisingly with not even a groan as they pierced her body. Undeterred, I hopped to my feet and held my fist out at her. “Rocket Punch!” I said, causing a massive boxing glove to appear in front of me before firing at her and exploding.

She flew backwards, the impact stopping her song. She almost collided with Berserker as he acrobatically flipped over her body. He howled in rage as he began moving erratically towards me, never going in a straight line.

”Fire Spin!” I shouted, summoning a whirlwind of flames around me. Instead of deterring him, however, he charged right through them. Oh shit, was my only thought before he began his assault.

He brought his blade down and back up in a flash, slashing me once, then twice, then a third time all in the space of a second. He kicked me into the air and followed after me before blasting me back into the ground with his sword. Celedon rammed into me from the side as I got up off the ground, before she threw me back at Berserker. He slammed a fist into the side of my head with surprising strength, tossing me away from him.

However, he had thrown me back towards Celedon with that punch, so I tried to ready a punch of my own at her. Instead of flying up, her wings flattened and stuck into the ground, causing me to feel just how dense her wings were. She then shot forward again and grabbed me, flipping and tossing me into the air where Berserker slashed at me again a dozen times in quick succession before grabbing me by the foot and throwing me back down to earth.

Dazed from the attack, I saw Celedon shoot towards Berserker, his hands held out.

Well, that’s gonna hurt.

Still too dazed to dodge, I saw Celedon grab Berserker’s arms and spin around once, twice, three times before flinging her at me. Her wings were completely smooth and angled to give as little wind resistance as possible. I even saw a mach cone around the tip of the angelic bullet.

She hit me with the force of a hundred freight trains going max speed, perhaps even harder, and I folded over the wings. She carried me for several dozen yards before pushing her wings out and grabbing my arm.

She nearly took my arm with her from the force of her wings beating against gravity as she flew up into the sky. She spun and tossed me back at the arena where Berserker was already waiting. He jumped into the air and hit me a couple more times with his sword before slashing upwards, sending me even farther into the air.

Then I felt a heavy pain from my back. Still flying, I saw Celedon standing on top of me, her arms crossed and feet together. Her eyes were glowing slightly red and she had a smirk on her face.

M.Bison? That you?

With no further warning, her wings pushed the both of us down towards the ground. The earth quickly came up to greet me, followed by what must have to have been a two thousand pound force being pushed down at terminal velocity.

The weight lifted itself from my back and I lazily picked myself out of the me shaped hole in the ground I was in. The duo were standing next to each other a couple yards away, Berserker on the left and looking menacing, while Celedon looked slightly surprised on the right before shaking her head.

“You forgot… to say… ‘This place… shall become… your grave,’” I wheezed out.

Celedon looked at me with a confused expression before Berserker placed a hand on her head. Apparently the motion conveyed something to them, as they reassumed their battle stances.

I groaned as I stood up, dusting myself off. Then I chuckled. Before I could stop I threw my head back and laughed like a maniac. I could feel the spirit of battle exploding inside me.

“FUN! FUN! FUN FUN FUN! FUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! SO MUCH FUN! YOU TWO REALLY KNOW HOW TO GIVE A FIGHT!” I then threw my head back and laughed again. I finally calmed myself down after about twenty seconds. “But all good things come to an end, and I’m afraid it’s about time this ends. Pick your final song, songstress, for this fight ends now!”

If these guys are any level of JRPG fan, they’ll recognize this and know I mean business.

The pounding orchestral began as I decided to add a little flourish to my transformation. I wordlessly went into my first form, and after the initial flash I began to absorb the energy of the light waves around me, making it impossible to see me. I also summoned a tornado to swirl around me and floated up using the wind. As the final swells before the vocals began I dispersed the tornado and revealed my eight armed form, my two unarmed limbs folded across my chest and my eyes glowing red as my body was kept aloft by my scarf wings.

”BEHOLD, MY COMBATANTS, A TASTE OF REAL POWER!” I shouted in a magically enhanced voice just before the vocals began.

Yup. Still got the timing down.

My opponents looked up in astonishment, Celedon more so than Berserker. Celedon’s face then hardened, before I heard some techno-ish sounds fading into the air. The sounds then turned into a fast paced guitar section with a hard and fast beat behind it, and she began singing.

Huh. Didn’t expect something that sounded like that outta her. But now, to get down to business, I thought before firing dozens of shots from Laser Barrage at them, all the size of my head. As before, Celedon shielded Berserker with her wings, reflecting the beams of light off her body.

Ah, right. In that case…

I casually swung my naginata and unleashed Wind Slash on them, raining down dozens of sharp blades of air, each one strong enough to cut a fully grown tree in half. Berserker grabbed onto Celedon as she took flight, blasting off the ground and just barely missing the blades.

Not that easy.

I raised Caliburn, the broadsword lighting aflame, and swung, unleashing an arc of fire as long as a train. I then used the wind to contort it into a flaming tornado and sent it at them.

To my surprise, Celedon tried to plow straight through the tornado, flipping and throwing Berserker above the fiery winds. The sheer mass of her body went through the outer shell and into the eye of the storm. She shot out of the top and caught Berserker, completely disregarding the vacuum and heat inside the vortex. They continued on their flight towards me, and it looked almost like Celedon was about to toss Berserker again.

”FOOLS! I COMMAND THE VERY WIND YOU RIDE!” I bellowed before raising my spear to the sky. With a few twirls of the weapon I brought down a tornado as large as Mt. Canter itself. Even Celedon couldn’t withstand the winds from a cyclone that massive.

The angel looked like she was trying to keep steady, but eventually fell prey to the forces of the winds. She was able to keep a hold on Berserker, but they rode into the side of the tornado, buffeted by the incredibly strong winds. I did see Celedon folding her wings around the both of them, before letting the current carrying them up the wind storm.

”IMPRESSIVE FOR YOU TO RESIST THIS MUCH! BUT I HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO SHOW MY FULL POWER!” I boasted before adding fire to the winds. Within only a few seconds the storm changed from a mere cyclone into a giant funnel of flames. The golden bullet did not waver however, though I saw her wings straighten into flat surfaces. They continued riding the flames higher and higher, probably waiting to reach the top and catch their breath.

Sorry, but the end comes now, I thought before forcing all the flames and winds upwards, forming a massive ball of flames above me and pulling them along with it. I then hurled the fireball at the ground, where it then exploded like a napalm bomb.

And now, to make sure you’re down, I thought before dispersing my weapons and using six to perform the proper hand signs. Won’t go too hard on them though. Just one should be enough.

”Tengai Shinsei.”

I then folded my eight arms and smiled as the skyscraper sized meteor fell down from the sky, falling past me before landing in the center of the previous explosion. It jutted into the ground for a few moments just before exploding, right at the climax of my song as well.

“If that doesn’t take them down, I’ll be stunned,” I thought aloud before gently descending to the ground. As I landed a thought hit me and I looked back towards Canterlot, which was thankfully still intact.

Wow. I got a little too carried away, didn’t I? This was pretty close for that kind of thing. Good thing I didn’t destroy it.

I walked towards the center of the crater, using my ki to try and sense their auras. After about a minute, I started to get worried.

I… Didn’t overdo it… did I?

The dust cleared, and I saw Celedon kneeling beside Berserker, who was barely breathing. She wasn’t looking too hot herself, as open gashes and scorch marks covered her. She looked like she was trying to rouse Berserker, unsuccessfully. However, I did not hear any crying from her.

”You…” she whispered.

”You did this to him...To my friend.” she said louder. I noticed that her voice seemed to have an underlying growl.

“And I can heal him as well. I have that power. I just need to-”

”YOU DID THIS TO HIM!” she screamed as she jumped up and whirled to face me before letting out a terrifying roar. The gravel under her feet was smashed away as she charged towards me, not even bothering to use her wings.

”Perfect Defense!” I shouted, barely having time to activate the invincibility spell before she slammed both of her fists into my chestplate. The attack caused no physical damage, but the force was still enough to send me sliding back by several yards, which was pretty damn impressive considering the last attack to be able to do that had roughly the force of a sonic boom behind it. After that hit she charged at me again.

“Down, girl!” I said, increasing her gravity as much as possible, roughly thirty times the normal gravity. She staggered down to a knee, but still attempted to get up. Her wings lay flat on the ground behind her as she tried to stand. Her face was a mask of complete fury even as she had to be feeling crushed under the gravity. Her eyes glowed red with rage and her teeth were bared at me.

“Ok, I understand you’re very upset right now, but I did mention that I could heal him, right? Seriously, aside from some exhaustion he’ll be just fine! I just need to get to him, alright?”

The glow in her eyes seemed to lessen a fraction, and her mouth closed into a thin grimace. ”Then get over there, now.” she said in a tight voice. She then collapsed to the ground under the force of gravity, trying feebly to move her arms.

“Ok, ok, jeez, gimmie a second!” I said quickly before rushing over to Berserker, making sure to keep Celedon pinned down with gravity. I found his limp body and focused for a moment before casting Curaja, a green light spreading over his body for small time. After a moment of waiting, he began to groan. I sighed in relief. “Ok big guy, up and at ‘em,” I said, grabbing his arm and pulling it over my back, using my others to keep him steady. I then turned back to Celedon. “See? A good night’s rest, maybe a soothing spa treatment, he’ll be good as new! Now, uh, do you need some treatment too?”

The glow had fully faded from her eyes. She seemed to focus in on me before trying to get up, still under the effects of gravity, just in case.

“Why can’t I move?” she asked.

“Oh, hold on,” I said as I disengaged the gravity, allowing her to stand. “So yeah, sorry, but I kinda wanted to drive the point home for later. But first, I believe you and the big guy owe me, as per our deal.”

Celedon’s eyes widened a fraction before her face fell. She looked incredibly depressed before she heaved a great sigh and quietly said, “Fine...I...Just say it, get it over with.”

I returned to my base form and smirked. “Now now, don’t make that face. It doesn’t suit a pretty girl like you. And besides, did you actually think I was doing this so that little pompous douche could get what he wanted?”

Her eyes lit back up and she looked at me in shock and confusion. “W-what do you mean? You’re not going to tell me to go to B...that disgusting little…” she tried to continue but instead shuddered, her feathers making small chiming sounds.

I chuckled. “Oh please, this was just an excuse for me to have a good fight with another Displaced without having to act like the bad guy and attack you out of the blue.” My smile widened as I summoned my naginata to my hand and cut a hole in reality. “Now come on, I want you both to have a good look at his face when I tell him off.”

Celedon’s face looked even more shocked as she struggled for words. “Wha, but, you, I…” she stuttered, before she furrowed her eyebrows and said, “What’s a Displaced?”

“Oh, am I your first meeting? Well, I’ll get to that later,” I said just as Berserker finally began to regain consciousness. “Oh hey, you’re up too.”

Celedon rushed over to him and began removing his helmet. Strangely, she didn’t have a look of worry on her face, but a look more characteristic of a soldier checking on his comrade. His helmet came off and I saw his face for the first time.

“T-...Ahem. Berserker, you alright?” Celedon asked.

It took a second for his eyes to focus, but he nodded groggily. Then he held his head and said, “Ugh, I feel like I got hit by a freight train carrying depleted uranium cargo.”

“Wow, is that all? You must be tougher than I thought,” I commented. The helmetless knight gave me a flat look. “Huh, you know, I don’t know what I was expecting under that helmet, but you look a bit more youthful than I would’ve thought. Anyway, let’s go. Your girlfriend and I were just about to make Blueblood look like an idiot.”

“She’s not my girlfriend!” “He’s just a friend!” They said at the same time. A blush rose to Berserker’s face while Celedon kept a non-hostile glare on me.

I chuckled. “I’m just teasing. Now come on, let’s go,” I said, carrying the knight into the Rift.


As I walked out of the strange rift, I saw us appearing right in the middle of our unexpected audience. Blueblood was sitting in his wheelchair with a smug smile on his face. Gilgamesh handed Tim over to me while he walked forward and said, “I have defeated my opponents.”

Surprisingly humble words from the guy who can throw freaking meteors!

Blueblood clapped his hands once and started to chuckle before he said, “Well, then! You! Angel! Come here!”

When I didn’t move, he forcefully said, “I said now!” I simply smirked at him.

“Gilgamesh! What is the meaning of this?!” Blueblood practically screamed.

“Oh, well, you see, I didn’t actually declare what they needed to do yet. I just wanted to see your reaction when it happened,” he replied.

“Oh! Well, that is, good! Now then, give them the terms!” he said as he recovered his composure.

“Of course. Now let’s see here… I want you, Celedon, to make me a sandwich. Preferably with pastrami, but I’ll take anything you make with meat.”

“... Wow, that’s really sexist,” I replied.

“What do you mean?”

“You just told a woman to go into the kitchen and make you a sandwich.”

“... Oh wow, that is bad. I’m gonna have to think of something else.”

“Gilgamesh! I gave you an order! Command them to obey me for the rest of their lives!” Blueblood shrieked. A surprisingly high pitch, if I do say so myself.

Gilgamesh cocked his head curiously at the wheelchair bound man. “Why would I do that?”

“It was our agreement!” Blueblood yelled. He looked like a child about to throw a tantrum.

“No I didn’t.”

Taken aback, Blueblood said, “What?”

“I believe my exact words were ‘I agree to fight them.’ I didn’t say anything else. It’s not my fault if you made assumptions based on that.”

Stunned by Gilgamesh’s words, Blueblood remained silent as the warrior continued. As he did, I heard whispers begin to emerge in the crowd surrounding us.

“Besides, I’m the kind of guy that values personal freedom over all else. Why would I ever agree to something that would force others into what is basically slavery? Oh, and on a side note, you’ve really got to work on your personality. Seriously, it stuns me that two people as regal and upstanding as Celestia and Luna could have any blood relation to you.”

The aforementioned sisters were both glaring at Blueblood with a very heavy gaze. He tried to shrink away from them, but contorted his face in pain from his injury. He tried to save face by saying, “Well, I, um, didn’t really mean what I said when I said for the rest of their lives, I just-”

“Guards, take him to the isolation ward,” Celestia said, a hard expression on her face.

“WHAT!?” he shouted, a completely terrified expression on his face.

“Ooh, harsh,” Gilgamesh said, a smirk clearly visible under his facemask. “Oh, hey Celedon, I think I’ve got my request,” he said before whispering into my ear. “I don’t suppose you’re a fan of the Rolling Stones?”

I looked back, raised an eyebrow, and whispered , “You seriously asking me that?”

“Just making sure. I think Blueblood here could learn a little lesson about… getting what you need,” he said with a shit-eating grin.

My flat expression turned into a devious smirk. “I believe that would be just perfect.”

I handed Tim back over to Gilgamesh while Tim grumbled something about being a sack of potatoes, and remembered the words of the song Gilgamesh was thinking of. Before I sang, I said, “Gilgamesh, I trust you’ll provide some of the music. I did really get a bit tired with all that singing.”

“I happen to be quite good at Karaoke, if I do say so myself. Additionally,” he began before turning to Pinkie Pie. “Hey Pinks, do you have a stash for guitar emergencies?”

“Sure do! Do you need someone on drums?” the pink covered girl said before pulling a guitar from behind her back.

“If you’re willing,” he said levitating Tim over to a nearby seat and catching the guitar as Pinkie tossed it to him. “Hit it, Cel!”

I glanced at Blueblood for a second before I began to sing.

”I saw her today at the reception

A glass of wine in her hand

I knew she would meet her connection

At her feet was a footloose man

No, you can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometime you find

You get what you need”

I sang out the small chorus before Gilgamesh joined in with the guitar, smirking smugly at Blueblood’s still stunned expression. Then he demonstrated his karaoke skills by joining in as the lead, while I sang back-up vocals.

”I saw her today at the reception

A glass of wine in her hand

I knew she was gonna meet her connection

At her feet was a footloose man

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

But if you try sometimes well you might find

You get what you need”

Blueblood looked utterly gobsmacked, unable to form even a proper response as he was wheeled away. Gilgamesh and I continued as Pinkie joined in with all the percussion instruments… somehow.

We eventually stopped the song, and stood there in the middle of large crowd. Then they began applauding. I smiled and bowed a little, while Gilgamesh twirled the guitar and tossed it to Pinkie, who placed it behind her back only for it to disappear.

Not even gonna comment on that. I value my sanity too much, I thought. Then I turned to Gilgamesh and said, “Alright, now about these Displaced you were talking about…”

“Oh, right, um… honestly not sure how much you want everyone to hear, but basically… well, let me tell you a little bit first and you can decide,” he stepped closer and whispered into my ear. “What would you say if this was actually an alternate version of a little girl’s cartoon, and there are nigh countless alternate realities possessing people like you and me and your friend over there that got sent there with powers based of costumes they were wearing?”

I turned to him with a flat look before sighing. “I would have never believed you until I got here, as this,” I indicated my new body. But I noticed all the prying eyes and said, “Grab T-Berserker, let’s go to a more discrete place. I want to hear everything.”

“Gotcha,” he said before dashing over and grabbing Tim, easily lifting him above his head with both hands, much to Tim’s surprise. “SORRYEVERYBODYPRIVATECONVERSATIONPOSSIBLESHATTERINGOFYOURWORLDVIEWSTALKLATERMAYBE!” he said quickly before dashing away, grabbing me as he ran out of the room.

Author's Note:

Collaboration with shinigamisparda

Edited by neon scar

Finally! It's out! This monster of a chapter was incredibly fun to write. If you haven't already, go read shinigamisparda's stories, he's an awesome guy. As evidenced by the chapter's end, we still aren't done. Also, by next chapter Celedon and Tim are going to be available for crossovers, so just hit me with a PM if you want them to meet your character.