• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 11,015 Views, 591 Comments

Angel of Gold - Magna85



Nice guy gets turned into a Celedon and has probably the most powerful vocals in the world. What will he do upon reaching Equestria? (Displaced)

  • ...
44
 591
 11,015

Chapter 16

I...I don't understand.

"What?!" I shouted, looking down at my stomach.

Twilight reeled back from the device, which caused it to power down.

...

We looked at each other for a few seconds.

"...Did I just see what I think I saw?" I dubiously asked.

Twilight was speechless for a few more seconds, but started to say, "Um, I don't know. Should we try again?"

I nodded hesitantly and laid back on the table.

The machine started up again, though Twilight knew how much power to put into the machine now into order to get to my innards.

And hoo boy howdy were they complicated.

"Is...is that a furnace?"

Apparently, I did not have a traditional stomach. Rather, a hollow gold sphere connected to various tubes and wires was my stomach. The largest connection was to another sphere that held a tiny, but blazing, fire.

"..."

We stayed silent for a while, but then Twilight said, "I'm going to get some gold, I'll be right back."

She immediately left, causing the machine to power down. I wanted to call after her, but I was still frozen in shock.

I thought it was just the skin and wings, but no, I'm just not that lucky. I don't even have the organs to call myself human anymore.

I sat up and just pondered that thought, sinking deeper into a dark mood.

"I'm back."

I looked to the door to see Twilight holding one of the cubes that I loved to eat. However, I didn't know if I was going to enjoy it right now.

The machine restarted, and I could see inside myself again.

I started to slowly bite the gold, but natural instinct took over and I gobbled it down. After swallowing, I was able to look down and see the gold traveling through a pipe leading to my stomach. Suddenly, the fire flared, spilling into the main chamber. The same heat from before filled my stomach, and now I knew why.

The metal just melted in the flames, and began flowing down several of the tubes connected to the stomach chamber. The molten liquid reached what looked like a pump. Turns out it was, as the liquefied gold was pumped through my 'veins,' into other chambers.

Twilight moved the machine to focus on one of these new chambers. It was half filled with molten gold. It was generally the same for every other chamber she looked at.

I really was not even close to a human, was I?

"I'm..."

Twilight noticed my despair and walked over to pull me into a hug. She felt soft and warm.

Granted, if I needed to I could just get up and ignore this situation. But right now, too many things have happened at once and I could barely hold back from wallowing in depression.

"Twilight."

"Hm?"

"See if there's anything else. I have a feeling that my digestive system is not the only difference to a regular body," I said. There was a noticeable monotone in my voice.

She seemed hesitant to let go, but eventually did. Once she powered the machine back up, she began searching around my upper torso. More of the reservoirs were found, along with several 'organs' that had what looked like cords stretched throughout the chamber. Every chamber was different due to the thickness of the cords. Some were as thin as a wire, while others were as thick as a baby's arm. These were connected to my own voice box via what looked like regular tubes but was in fact sheathed in a soundproof material on the outside. These tubes would not let the sounds escape into my body, so a clear tone was always achieved. Said voice box was also mechanical in nature. Twilight postulated that those specific organs were resonant chambers that provided me with my excellent singing voice.

Deeper in my body there was a seemingly empty chamber, but it was directly connected to my throat and had several valves separating it from the rest of my body. At the entrance to my throat there was another pump. Several modified pumps were attached to the main chamber, though I did not know how to activate them.

On top of that, several vital organs were missing in my body. The heart, obviously, though I did have a sort of engine that gave me constant power to my body. The lungs, so I didn't need to breathe. The digestive system, of course. Unsurprisingly, I did not have a reproductive system (which I was secretly glad for). The events surrounding that discovery were a little interesting...


"Alright, Celedon, I need you to remove your clothes."

I jumped a good foot in the air at that request. It took me a few seconds to realize that I had not even seen myself before. I was sure that my face would be red as a tomato by now, but again I felt no blood rush to my cheeks.

However, I also realized that I would eventually have to get over my embarrassment, so I nodded and went behind a divider Twilight had set up for this purpose.

Then I realised that I did not know how to remove my robe. The slits for my wings were tiny, and most definitely would not fit the admittedly large wingspan that I normally had. However, while I was thinking about this, I could feel two places where the material was separating. Looking in a mirror, I saw that the cloth had separated above my wings, and I only need to slip my arms out of the cloth in order for it to fall to the ground.

Steeling myself, I did so.

The next moment, a combination of a scream and sigh of relief came from my mouth.

"Celedon?" Twilight asked, respectfully not looking behind the divider.

I replied, "I'm fine, but you need to come see this."

I heard her make a questioning noise before footsteps came from behind me.

I turned around to face her. Her eyes widened and she started blushing, but her expression quickly morphed into confusion. However, with all the revelations that we had both gone through about my body at that point, she just shook her head and said, "Well, that takes care of a few things."

I had nothing explicitly 'female' on my body, besides the general shape of my body. Granted, I still had a larger bust line when compared to the people here, but I looked like a mannequin underneath my clothes.


Yeah, that discovery I had mixed feelings about. The examinations had continued, focusing on my limbs this time. I had no 'bones' to speak of, but I did have a mechanical skeleton. Twilight did not have the equipment to test my strength, though she said that I would most likely be able to lift a grown horse with no problem.

The only thing that stumped both of us was my 'skin's' flexibility. It was unnaturally dense and had all the properties of being made of gold, yet moved just like regular skin. Another thing that surprised both of us was my 'brain.' It was really only a huge mess of wires and other things connecting to my body, but at the center, behind two very dense shells of diamond, was a small golden sphere. Twilight hypothesized that was where my consciousness truly lied.

Eventually, I had accepted the fact that I was not remotely close to being a human, and was just interested in finding out what I could do. I'm pretty sure I was bottling up my feelings and would eventually break down, but that time was not for right now.

Thus, the testing ended, and Twilight had already filled several notepads with various facts and questions about my body. I'm sure I had given her a lot to think about, what with discovering a life form that, for all intents and purposes, was artificial.

...

Nevermind, I'll get used to that at a later time.

On a side note, Tim had come by to see what was happening, and just so happened to open the door while I was in a state of undress. Granted, there was nothing to show off, but it was funny to see his head turn red before he realized that I had nothing for him to be embarrassed about seeing.

Except for my rear and maybe the sides of my chest. Maybe.

Author's Note:

Yep, Celedon has Barbie-Doll Anatomy.

Also, yes, I am a Troper.

Edited by neon scar