• Published 21st May 2015
  • 1,591 Views, 41 Comments

The Withering Cherry Blossom - AkemiTheSunbro



Kyoko Sakura is given another chance at life. But at the cost of a promise, does she really want it?

  • ...
4
 41
 1,591

Prime Napping Spot

As Kyoko’s eyes groggily fluttered open, she grabbed her head and grimaced at the searing headache that followed, “Jeez… We must’ve gone at it hard last night…” Rubbing her head, she realized her hair was inexplicably not held up in a ponytail by her favorite black bow. She frowned, “Oh, son of a—Where’s my bow?!” She growled and grimaced at her torn and tattered crimson dress and her body marred by cuts and scars beneath, “Typical.”



She blinked and sat up on her couch, “Although, what did I even DO last night?” With a shake of her head, she mumbled, “Must’ve been somethin’ … To give ME a headache this bad… Haven’t had a migraine like this since that one time when Mami and I-”



“Oh, good! You’re awake,” a soft voice spoke, “I was starting to get a little worried for a moment.”



Kyoko gasped, threw off her blanket, leaped to her feet on top of the couch, and summoned her spear. She growled and pointed her weapon towards the voice, “Why do ya idiots always think that just because I’m an orphan who lives in a run-down church, ya can just snatch me up while I’m sleepin’ and-“



The Magical Girl’s rant was cut short in shock when she saw just exactly who—or what, rather—her captor was. Scowling at the small, lavender, horselike creature standing in front of her, she extended her spear to precariously poke at the creature’s trachea, “Alright. You’re gonna tell me what you are, right now.”



Eyes now wide in fear, the creature stuttered, “W-W-What?”



Kyoko continued, pushing her spearhead slightly further into the creature’s neck, nearly drawing blood, “Ya ain’t human, and ya got some crazy magical power, but it ain’t strong enough to be a Magical Girl or Witch. What are you?” She glared, “Some kind of real powerful Familiar?”



Kyoko could see the lavender creature visibly gulp as fear and nervousness prevailed in its equine face, “W-What? N-No! I-I’m…” she stuttered as she tried to explain, “M-My name i-is T-Twilight S-Sparkle, A-Alicorn P-Princ-cess of F-Friendsh-ship from P-Ponyville.”



Kyoko blinked again, disbelieving the words she just heard. Retracting her spear, she doubled over, crossed her arms over her stomach and laughed hysterically, “Oh, that is RICH!”



The horned equine furrowed her brow, “I don’t get it-“ was all she could mutter before the Magical Girl extended her spear back to her throat, resuming her glare.



“What you ya want from me?” Kyoko glowered.



Twilight hastily replied, “To talk!” She gulped as nervous sweat began forming around her forehead, “I just had some questions. I mean you no harm, I promise!”



Without removing her icy gaze, Kyoko’s spear disappeared into purple flames as she scowled, “Talk’s cheap, you know that right?” Then, her glare broke and she smirked, plopping comfortably back down onto her couch, “Your magic ain’t nothing compared to mine anyway. Got some questions myself actually, but I’m a nice gal. I’ll let you go first. What’cha wanna ask?”



Twilight stopped and stared for a moment in disbelief. She didn’t like to brag, but she knew her magic was extremely potent, more so then most ponies in existence.



As the pony shook her head to shoo away those braggart thoughts, she asked kindly, “So, what’s your name?”



“Kyoko,” The girl continued to smirk, “Kyoko Sakura.”



“Like the cherry blossom?” Twilight asked, intrigue intertwined within her voice.



“Yeah,” the human nodded as she noted a little purple aura glow around a small protruding from Twilight’s head. She watched curiously as a quaint, wooden chair engulfed in the same purple aura floated through the air towards them. She chuckled sarcastically, “Riveting.”



“Isn’t just just?” Twilight beamed as she set the chair in front of her and sat down, “While Telekinesis may be one of the most basic of spells, the intricacies of its base design and individual components are an absolute marvel!”



Kyoko rolled her eyes, “I was bein’ sarcastic; I really don’t care.”



“O-Oh…” Twilight’s expression drooped.



The Magical Girl sighed, “Hey, we’re doin’ questions, right? In that case, where am I?” She gave a nonchalant examination of her surroundings, making note of the very medieval looking library with book-filled shelves built into the wooden walls all around the room. She stated, “This ain’t any building in Mitakihara, I know that much.”



“O-Oh, um, yes!” The horse smiled and cleared her throat, “Welcome to Equestria, land of ponies, dragons and other mystical creatures! More specifically,” she gave a sweeping motion with her hooves to show off library, “Golden Oaks Library in Ponyville, also my personal abode.”



“...Ponyville?” Kyoko deadpanned in disbelief.



“Mm-hm!” Twilight nodded with a smile.



“...Ponyville?” Kyoko repeated.



The equine nodded again, “Yes.”



Kyoko’s eye twitched, “…Ponyville.”



Twilight raised an eyebrow, “Is something the matter?”



The human sat in shock for moment, before throwing her hands up and crawling back under her blanket, “Yeah, nope. Not happening.”



“Wha-“ Twilight furrowed her brow, “Wait, what do you mean, ‘Not Happening’?!”



The girl closed her eyes and replied, “I’ve seen a lotta crap in my day, but a froufrou land full magical horses ruled by a friendship princess? Please. You’d have to be pretty stupid to buy into somethin’ like that.”



“Ponies,” Twilight scowled.



“…What?” Kyoko asked.



The mare irritably huffed, “We’re called ponies.”



“Whatever!” The Magical Girl growled, “Either way, I’m pretty sure this ain’t real. I’m probably sleepin’ on a rooftop or somethin’ and this is just some whacked-out dream.”



Just then, she shot her hands to cradle her head, grimacing as her migraine brought on a new round of pain.



“I can assure you, this isn’t a dream,” Twilight softened her scowl, “I’m sure that headache of yours can attest to that. You were in quite a dangerous situation when I found you…”



Kyoko’s eyes shot open and she leapt once again to her feet on her couch, glaring as she threatened the winged mare with her spear once more, “What do ya mean, ‘Dangerous Situation’? You sayin’ that there’s something I can’t handle?”



Unphased after being threatened for a third time, Twilight rolled her eyes and sighed as she gently placed her hoof on the tip of the spear and lowered it away from her trachea, “Clearly. You were fighting some big mermaid creature, and you were losing pretty badly. I’m surprised that you don’t remember this…”



Kyoko let her spearhead rest on the ground and scratched her chin, “Had to have been a Witch… a powerful one, too…” She chuckled and smirked at Twilight as she sat back down, tapping her temple with her index finger, “Probably just gave me a good concussion and made me forget some things.”



Twilight chuckled, “Considering your wounds when I found you, you’ve recovered remarkably quickly! Just having a little concussion is incredible, comparatively! Which, by the way, I gave you some medicine for while you were out. The headaches should soon start subsiding,” she smiled as she continued, “Now, when you say ‘witch’, is that like, ugly mares riding broomsticks and wearing pointy hats or…?”



Kyoko smirk faded as she glared, “Don’t you dare do something like that again.”



Confused, Twilight’s smile faded and she raised an eyebrow, “…Wait, what?”



The magical girl indignantly stood up and crossed her arms, “People like you make me sick.”



Even more confused, the Alicorn stood up as well, “What are you talking about? I was being courteous to a guest!”



Tseh!” Kyoko spat, “That’s a load of crap! Ain’t no one out there who’s doing anything outta the goodness of their hearts.” Kyoko leaned forward and glared as her shadow towered over Twilight’s face, “Anyone who believes there are, is just lyin’ to themselves. So, what’s your angle?”



As the girl stood impatiently awaiting an answer, Twilight gasped and shook her head vigorously, “N-No! It’s not like—”



Kyoko interrupted her, “Listen, I understand you wanna get something outta me. I get that. The weak gotta give out to the strong. But it takes a real lowlife to do that and pretend their tryin’ to help.”



Twilight tried to explained, “But you were in trouble! That ‘witch’ or whatever had you cornered! I swear, I really was just trying to he-“



“Screw you! I’m not buying that load of bull,” Kyoko growled as she turned and walked towards the exit, “I’m outta here.”



As the girl swung open the door, Twilight called, “You can’t just leave! You’re an alien in a strange country!”



Without even facing her, Kyoko hissed venomously as she stepped out onto the cobble porch of the library, “I don’t take orders from you, ‘princess’.”



Twilight stood dumbfounded as she watched the human crouch down and leap away to a rooftop across from Golden Oaks.



“So, it’s probably a good idea that you didn’t tell her about the part where she was all on fire and suicidal, huh?” Spike commented as he descended down from the loft.



With an eye still twitching, Twilight mumbled irritably as she continued to stare at the exit, “It’s not like I had the chance…” She turned and furrowed her brow at her assistant, “And where were you the entire time? I thought you wanted to meet her.”



He placed his hands on his hips and replied, “Well, excuuusee me, Princess! Forgive me for not wanting to become a dragon shish-kebab!”



The Alicorn deadpanned, “Spike, that meme’s dead, you shouldn’t use it,” she shook her head and gazed once more out the door, “It’s not like it matters anymore anyway,” she shook her head and sighed as she turned away from the entrance, “I still had so many more questions…”



Placing her hoof on her mouth, she stole one last gaze at the door and muttered perplexedly, “Kyoko… What ARE you?”



* * * * *

Kyoko tossed the devoured apple core away from her spot on a high branch of a tree in an apple orchard she had found a good mile away from Twilight’s library home. Wiping her hands on her sloppy green jacket, she stretched her arms and placed them behind her head as she contentedly leaned against the tree.

Closing her eyes, she smirked and muttered to herself, “That hit the spot. Perfect pre-snack just before a long nap. Ain’t sensin’ no witches around here, so I don’t see why I can’t take it easy a while. I’ll worry about getting back to Mitakihara later. Can’t imagine that rookie’s gonna get much outta that city while I’m gone anyways.”



The redhead soon slipped into a slumber. She didn’t know how long she was out cold, just that she was awoken by something poking her cheek. Kyoko stirred and mumbled, then irritably opened her eyes. Staring quizzically back her were two large magenta irises attached to a flying cyan horse creature with a rainbow mane and tail.


“What… are you?” The female voice of the creature asked.



Kyoko squinted and grumbled, “…Hell, they fly too?”



“First of all, language,” The pony furrowed her brow and chastised in an aggravating voice, “Secondly, this is MY spot.”



The human rolled her eyes and settled back down on the branch. She chuckled as she closed her eyes, “Tough. It’s mine now, so screw off.”



The cyan mare brought her hooves to her snout, sighed deeply and explained, “No, I don’t think you understand; this is MY prime napping spot. I science’d the stuffing outta each and every one of these apple trees to find the perfect ratio of comfort-to-applesnacking-to-sunshade,” she flew around to the human’s side and grunted as she began to push, “It was a TON of work, so if you don’t mind…”



Kyoko immediately materialized her spear and simultaneously threatened the pegasus harshly while shoving her away with the weapon, “Touch me again and I’ll gut you like a pig.”



The mare quickly backed off with her hooves up and gasped, “O-Okay, okay! I can tell when negotiations aren’t going my way,” she crossed her forelegs and mumbled with a mild tinge of bitterness, “I guess I’ll just settle for my second most prime napping spot…”



Without even looking, Kyoko shoo’d her away with her hand, “Yeah, sure, whatever. Do that.”



The mare stared at her once more, as if trying to move the human with her mind, but then sighed as she gave up the ghost. She turned to fly away, before stopping and stating, “I guess it’s only fair to warn about—”



She didn’t even get to finish her warning before the prime napping shook violently at what seemed to be the sound of a loud drum below. Kyoko’s eyes shot open and gripped what she could of her tree branch.



“What the—” was all Kyoko could manage before another shaking tossed her clean out of the tree.



“…her,” the rainbow horse muttered as she watched the human plummet to the ground below.



Bouncing slightly as she hit the ground, Kyoko writhed in pain as she cursed, “SON OF A BI—”



“Rainbow! Now, how many times have ah asked ya to stop eating mah produce!” a voice with unfamiliar accent echoed in Kyoko’s ears (along with some awful ringing). The voice, belonging to and orange pony with a cowboy hat, turned and continued, “If ya don’t stop, I’m gonna hafta start chargin’—“



The mare’s voice trailed as she got a good look at the human who now pulled herself to a sitting position and rubbed her head. Shocked, the orange pony managed to mutter, “What… in Tarnation? What are you?”



Grimacing as she continued to rub her own head pitifully, Kyoko answered shortly, “Human. Now, if you could hold onto that Q&A for a bit, I’m just gonna sleep for…” she slowly curled up into a fetal and fell to her side, facing away from the new mare, “…ever.”



The hat-pony harrumphed, “Serves you right for trespassing on private property.”



Kyoko glanced back confusedly, “Private?” she weakly pointed upward, “The way Blue one was talkin’… thought this was a public place…”



Furrowing her brow, the pony looked to where the girl pointed, “Blue one…?” then her expression grew irritated when she saw the flying Pegasus who didn’t seem to have the sense to leave unnoticed when she had the chance, “…Consarnit, Rainbow Dash! I knew y’all were muchin’ on my apples again! Git down ‘ere!”

“Uh-oh!” The flying pony gasped and glanced around for an escape. She shouted just before jetting away, “I, uh, just remembered that I got some weatherwork to finish up! Bye!”



“Rainbow?! Come back! Rainbow!” The orange one shouted. She sighed exasperatedly and shook her head, “What am I gonna do about her…?”



She then walked towards the human in a fetal position and commented sternly, “I guess I should worry about my little trespasser first, huh?”



Kyoko moaned, “Oh, not so loud please. This pain is pretty much pure agony…”



The horse’s expression softened as she had compassion on the rather pitiful pile of human curled up against the tree stump. She trotted over and knelt low to the ground, “Here, grab on.”



Without fighting (though with great effort), Kyoko grimaced as she rolled and swung her arms over the pony, and the latter slowly rose and helped the former to her feet. They slowly staggered away as the equine continued, “I reckon my home is a bit more comfy than that patch of dirt.”



“Why are you…” The girl painfully muttered, “…What’s your angle?



“Not a very trusting creature, ain’t ya?” The pony chuckled, “Well, Ah’m an honest mare, and Ah don’t like doin’ wrong by nopony. I bucked ya out of the tree for trespassing, but I figure ya didn’t really know no better. Ya didn’t really deserve that, so I wanted to pay ya back for that wrong.”



Kyoko relaxed and shrugged, “…Good enough for me.”



The two struggled along for a bit until the magical girl gasped, then patted herself down slowly but panickedly.



“Somethin’ that matter?” The mare raised her eyebrow.



“My Soul Gem…” Kyoko mumbled.



“Yer what?” The cow-pony raised her eyebrow.



“My Soul Gem…!” The girl frisked herself even more worriedly, “If I don’t have it, I could—”



Then, she suddenly stopped stumbling and collapsed atop the orange horse.



The mare staggered as she balanced the new dead weight, “Woah now Partner, hold up!”



She gently lowered the girl’s body to the ground to see what seemed to be the matter, “Hey, uh, human? Ya alright—”



The horse gasped when she noticed Kyoko’s mouth hung open and her eyes held no glimmer of life. She quickly lowered her ear to her chest (at least, where she assumed the chest was).

She muttered worriedly, “Nuthin’ like a heartbeat in there…”



She brought her ear up to the Kyoko’s mouth and nose, “And she ain’t breathing…”



“…Did you kill her, AJ?!” The voice of a familiar Pegasus shouted in the cow-pony’s ear, resulting in a startled scream from the latter.



AJ turned and lashed at the Pegasus, “Rainbow Dash! Ah dun told ya a million times not to do that!”

“Sorry,” Rainbow shrugged. The prismatic pony craned her neck to see Kyoko’s corpse, “Soooo… Did you kill her?”



“NO!” Aj fired back, then reconsidered as she glanced back herself, “Well… maybe…” She looked back at Rainbow, and stated sternly, “She mentioned some kinda Gem Soul or whatnot just before keelin’ over. Ah think we to take her to Twilight.”



The cyan mare scowled, “She threatened to shank me! What if I don’t wanna?!”



The farm horse simply shrugged, “Then Ah guess Ah’ll just charge ya for all them apples that Ah know y’all have been snackin’ on whenever you sneak onto my farm.”



Rainbow’s expression drooped, “…Really, blackmail?”



AJ fired back, “Yer the one who stole my produce without askin’.”



The Pegasus took a breath to retort, but let it go with a defeated sigh. Shaking it off, she stared at the body, “Alright, so how are we doin’ this?”

Comments ( 20 )

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is that magical girl anime with Kyuby and Witches in it, right?

OH SWEET MERCY IT'S ALIVE

8453446
Needless to say, I did not in my wildest dreams expect this to continue, but I instantly knew what it was when it popped up in my Library. So unbelievably happy to see this might have a chance at going on, if only just. Happy to see you pick up the pen for this site again, hope you can enjoy it yet!

8453677
it is good to have you back my friend!
please tell me this will continue! It is rare to have good PMMM/MLP crossover!

8461870
Can't promise that unfortunately, as I finished this chapter because it was already sitting on on Laptop half-finished (and it bugged me immensely).

I do still write for PMMM though, my current main project being a Walking Dead Crossover.

8461888
I will follow you on fanfiction.net anyway.
My username there is doublegengar05

8461899
Cool beans. *thumbs up*

I like that your Kyoko behaves exactly how she whoud in canon when facing an unfamiliar situation: diffident. She ha seen too many horrors to be all friendly whean she meets a strage magical being like Twilight, especially considering what she has discovered recenty about Kyubey.
I can't wait to see how Twilight and theother Mane 6 react when they discover what is her gem.
Keep up the good work.

6027274

8461929
Hi, I just want to know if you can read this, just answer to know

9630054
I mean, I still get message for this via email, so yeah, I suppose.

Whatcha need friendo?

9630306
Nothing just wanted to know if you're okay😶

9630306
I was just curious to know

This girl's an asshole.

10362688
She is. But trust me, she has cause. I won't spoil anything, but if what happened to her, happened to anyone else I don't think they'd be much of a happy camper either. If they did...Well...That would be a little alarming.

Trust the Main 6 to break her out of her crusty shell.

Although I do have to question these cynical folks who give ponies a hard time; WHY would they have HUMAN vices....? Talking about angles...

10842343
IE the only ending because I ain't ever coming back to this

Login or register to comment