• Published 18th Jun 2015
  • 4,853 Views, 180 Comments

Double Rainbow - MyLittleGeneration



At Canterlot High, Rainbow Blitz enters a new life, then meeting Rainbow Dash, a tomboy. They then hang out. Then creating a relationship between them. The most awesome love story now comes!

  • ...
20
 180
 4,853

Sugar

It was around five o’clock when the girls finally finished practicing. Once it rolled around, the group started packing their instruments up. “Great practice, guys! We’re sounding just as awesome as usual!” Dash exclaimed as she packed up her guitar. I had to agree. Once I had gotten past the weirdness of seeing them ‘pony up’ every time they played together, I had to admit that they were all really talented musicians.

“Thanks, Rainbow. Same time this Sunday?” Applejack asked as she put her bass guitar back in its case.

“That’s fine with me. That okay with everyone else?” Dash asked the group. The others all nodded as they put their instruments away. “Alright then, Sunday it is! See ya then!” Dash exclaimed. Everyone nodded, and waved to say goodbye, before going their separate ways. The only two girls that stayed at the stage were Dash and Pinkie, who were quietly discussing something. After a minute, Pinkie walked over to me.

"Hey, Blitzy! Dashie and I are heading over to Sugarcube Corner soon! You wanna come?" Pinkie asked with a smile. She then mouthed, 'Say yes'. As if I needed convincing.

"Totally!" I said. Pinkie smiled, then headed back towards Dash. Dash pumped her fist in the air, and started walking, signaling for me to follow her. We headed to Sugarcube Corner, Dash in front of me and Pinkie. After we’d walked for a couple of minutes, Pinkie nudged me with her elbow.

"Come on." she whispered with a hopeful smile. "You got this, Blitzy. Remember: be cute, be cool." She gave me a wink.

I walked up towards Dash, and pretended to trip. "Woah!" I said, collapsing to the ground. Dash stopped walking and stared at me with a surprised look on her face.

"You alright, dude?" Dash asked.

"Me? Oh, I'm fine." I said with confidence, brushing myself off. “Say, it's a beautiful day today, isn't it?"

Dash raised an eyebrow. "Yeah... It sure is..." she said in a confused tone.

I felt a bead of sweat roll down my brow. I felt like I was making this really awkward. I looked back towards Pinkie. “You’re doing great, Blitzy. Just keep talking!" Pinkie whispered with a smile.

I slowly nodded. "So Dash, are you ready for your big game?" I asked her with a little smile.

She smiled back. "Of course! The first game is gonna be this Saturday! Unless they replaced their goalie with a brick wall, we’ve got this on lock!"

"Hope you do. Good luck." I said. Dash chuckled a bit.

"Thanks Blitz, but I don't think I’ll need it." She replied.

"It’s gonna be here in Canterlot, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, it will be." she answered.

"Coolio." I said out of nowhere. She turned towards me and looked at me with a confused look on her face.

"Coolio?" she asked.

I decided to play it cool. "Oh, it’s just something I like to say." I calmly replied.

"Huh... I kinda like it." she said. This surprised me a bit. Honestly, I thought it sounded stupid.

"You do?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah. It sounds kinda funny, but kinda awesome, too."

"Thanks." I said. At this point, we weren’t too far away from Sugarcube, but we continued to talk regardless. "So, I heard you and Pinkie were long-time friends?" I started.

"Yeah, we are! Been best friends ever since we were seven. How'd you know?" she asked.

"Pinkie told me." I responded.

"Huh. Well, aside from you and Sunset, I’ve known every single one of my friends since elementary. It’s part of the reason why we’re so tight."

"Sweet." I said. "So, uh..." I lost my words immediately. I really didn't know what else to say. Eventually, I decided to just change the topic. "How long have you been playing soccer?" I asked her.

"Ever since kindergarten. From the very first time I kicked that ball, I knew that I was born to play the sport. I’ve only been getting better ever since." she said with a cocky smile. "Hence the reason why I’m the captain of our school’s soccer team."

"Dang! I'm not really that good at soccer." I replied. She didn’t respond at first, and looked me over. After a moment, she chuckled to herself.
“I doubt that, Blitz. You’ve got the body of a soccer player, and I’d be willing to bet that you have the mind of one too. I can tell. You might need a little more kick in it, and you'll do good." She nudged me with her elbow.

I blushed a little. "Nah." But then I remembered: Don't be negative. "Actually... maybe I might. Is there any time that you're free?" I asked.

"You wanna practice with me? Then meet me on Thursday. We can hang out and play ball." She answered.

"And maybe we can see if I'm awesome." I said with a smirk.

"Heh. We'll see." she said with a confident smile. "I'm warning you, I’m a pretty mean player. I won’t hold back on you."

"I'll keep that in mind." I said with a chuckle, which got a giggle out of her as well.

"You're a pretty cool guy, you know that?" she asked. I froze a bit. I honestly wasn’t expecting her to say that this quickly.

"Why's that?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Blitz! Do I really need to explain? You’re a great musician, you seem pretty funny, and you’re a lot cooler than most of the boys in school."

"Really?”

"Yeah, really. I mean, after what happened with that prick Rush Down, I was pretty sure I wouldn’t think that any guy at school would be cool at all.” She blushed a little after saying that. “I'm not saying every dude here sucks, but Blitz, to me you’re really some kind of awesome. And that's awesome." She said to me. I felt my cheeks turn red as I turned my head away from her. I didn’t want her to see how fiercely I was blushing.

Right then, I heard a loud thunk. I turned my head towards the source of the sound, and saw that Dash had apparently walked head first into a wall, which had knocked her onto the ground.

"We're here!" Pinkie said with a cheery tone as I helped Dash off of the ground. "Come on! Let's have a bite!"

"We're coming, Pinkie." Dash said as she rubbed her head. She gave off a soft smile and walked inside. "I'm gonna find us a seat. You can get me a vanilla cupcake." She turned to face me. "You want anything Blitz?"

"Uh... just get me chocolate."

"Blitz wants a chocolate." Dash said to Pinkie, who gave a thumbs up. "Okie-dokie, Dashie-lokie! I’ll have ‘em out in just a minute!" Pinkie said, before dashing into the back.

“Does she work here or something?” I asked Dash.

“Basically.” Dash replied as she sat herself down in a booth.

“Cool.” I said, sitting down in the seat opposite to her. We sat there quietly, waiting for our cupcakes, neither of us saying anything. After a moment of this, I finally decided to try and start up a conversation.

"So..." I said, getting her attention, “You heard my music?"

"Oh yeah! It rocks, dude! You've got some real talent running through your veins!" Dash complimented.

"It's something I do for a hobby." I said with a cocky smile.

"Well, keep it up, man! I feel like you could easily rock the stage one day!"

I felt my cheeks begin to warm up a bit. "Thanks Dash, but that's something for someone else. I don't think I'd ever be able to hit the big leagues like Canterlot Square Garden."

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Blitz." she said, "I mean, sure, it may seem like it’s out of your league, but hey, shoot for the stars, right? I mean, back when I was just starting out at soccer, I never thought that I'd eventually end up being the captain of the best soccer team in the entire region. Still, I aimed high, and now I’m the captain of the best soccer team in the entire region! If you aim high, and work for it, the sky’s the limit!"

I smiled. "Heh. Thanks, Dash.” I sat there for a moment, then remembered something she’d said earlier.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Didn’t you say something about me joining soccer earlier today?" I asked. Dash nodded her head.

"Yeah, I did.” she replied.

“Why? Do you really think I’d be good at it?” I asked. She shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s possible. I mean, it all depends on how good you do against me. Still, you certainly have the right build for the job, and I really have a feeling that you might be awesome at it. After all, sometimes people can have talent in something without even knowing. That’s why trying is best. And who knows? If you are good at it, than you could easily slip onto the team."

"Really?" I questioned. "But I thought-"

"Tryouts would be cancelled? Nah. They will be in a week. It’s kinda weird, I know."

"Hmm..." I said, scratching my chin. "Well, I suppose I can always practice with ya."

"Again, if you're a good player who can kick." she said.

"True."

I turned my head away from Dash for a moment, and saw Pinkie carrying what looked like a pair of pineapples. It was only when she got closer that I realized that they weren’t pineapples at all, but rather two cupcakes that just happened to be rather large.

“Here you go, Rainbows! Hope you enjoy!” Pinkie said happily as she placed our cupcakes in front of us.

"Aw, sweet!" Dash said with a cheery expression. "Thanks, Pinks."

"No problem, Dashie!" Pinkie said, before retreating back to the kitchen.

"So... I guess I'll be there." I said with a smile. "Might be worth a shot. As long as my legs don't snap, I should be fine."

Dash quietly giggled. "Cool." she said, before biting into her vanilla-frosted cupcake. I picked up mine and took a bite as well. The very second I tasted the chocolatey goodness, my eyes widened, as my taste buds cried out in delight.

"Well, I'll be damned." I said, surprised. "She makes some real sweet sweets."

"See?" Dash said. "She's an expert at this. Her and the Cakes."

"The Cakes?" I asked. "Are they the owners of this place?"

"Pretty much." Dash said in response, "They're pretty cool, though. Being parents and all."

"Parents?" I asked. "They have child-"

"Come on, little guys." said Pinkie from the back, now scooting back. Then out came two cute-looking babies. One was a girl, with blue eyes, yellow skin, and tied-up orange hair. She had a wide smile. The other was a boy, with brown hair, brown eyes, and light-goldish gray skin. They both looked adorable. "Oh, Blitzy!" Pinkie noticed me. "Have you met these little guys yet?"

"Er, no." I answered. Honestly, I wasn't really fond of babies. Sure, they were cute and all, but they really weren’t that much fun to be around. They aren't easy to take care of, obviously, but also hard to keep in control and not go crazy. I mean, according to my brother, I was a pain in his behind, and I kinda had the same reaction for my used-to-be neighbor's sons, too.

"In that case, you’ve gotta meet these little cuties!" She handed me the babies and put them in my arms. Immediately before I could say something, they started tugging on my face. On each side, the babies pulled, stretching my face out. They giggled, while I tried to fake mine, almost having tears coming out of my eyes. "Aw, they like you!" Pinkie exclaimed. ‘Sure they do…’ I thought to myself as they continued tugging on my face. As she watched, Dash couldn't control her giggling, her hand covering her mouth.

"Oh I see. This is funny to you, isn't it?" I asked Dash, as I felt my face stretch even more. I was half expecting one of them to try and poke my eye out at this point.

"Maybe." Dash said, still giggling. I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, yeah, it’s pretty dang funny, dude." Dash said between giggles.

"I can tell." I said. Pinkie then took the two out of my arms. As she held them, I rubbed my cheeks, trying to get feeling back into my face again. After a moment, Pinkie finally spoke.

"Oh, hey, Gummy!" said Pinkie with a wide smile. I was a bit confused by this part, since no one else was around aside from us.

"Gummy? Who’s Gummy?” I asked. Pinkie just rolled her eyes and pointed straight down. I looked down.

“Why are you… WAW!!” I screamed when I looked down, and saw that there was a small alligator on my foot! I tried to shake it off, but the critter kept a good grip. "Help! Get it off me! Get it off me! HELP!!" I screamed loudly.

At this point, Dash was well beyond giggling, and was laughing hysterically, while Pinkie spoke.

"Calm down, Blitzy! That's Gummy! He's a sweet little guy.” Pinkie said to me, as she grabbed Gummy off of my shoe.

“But… what if he bit me?” I asked. Pinkie rolled her eyes again.

“Don’t worry about that, Blitzy. Gummy here couldn’t bite you even if he wanted to. Check it out!" She opened Gummy’s mouth a bit and moved him close to me. I took a look inside his mouth, and saw that he had no teeth.

"See? He totally tooth-free! He’s as harmless as they come! Anyways, he’s my pet!"

"A pet... alligator?" I asked.

"It's Pinkie Pie. Don’t question it." Dash answered, now finished with her laughing fit.

“But… why an alligator?” I asked.

"Well, about a year ago, she found it in a creek, noticed he had no parents, and decided to take care of it as her own." Dash explained. I looked up at Pinkie, who had Gummy gnawing on her finger.

I finished my cupcake, along with Dash, and we threw away the wrappers. "Alright, we're heading out. Thanks for the treats, Pink!" said Dash.

"No problem! Good night, you two!" Pinkie said, with the babies in her arms and Gummy in her hair.

We exited the building. I looked up, and saw that it was a nice, dark night in Canterlot. The sky was black, with stars everywhere, and the city brewed with light, making it seem very nice and calming. Orange light surrounded the sidewalks as we walked. I texted my bro I was heading back, but before I left, I said goodbye to Dash.

"So, I'll catch ya later then?" I asked.

"Heh. Yeah." said Dash. She looked really nice with the light shining on her face. The orange light really made her face seem to glow, and showed slightly rosy cheeks. "I'll see you tomorrow." She waved goodbye, and I did the same. We then made our way back home.

"What a helluva night..." I said to myself, smiling and chuckling. "There really is a chance..."

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed! And sorry for the late chap by like a day, but the proof wasn't feeling too well. If you want, go follow him. He's awesome, amazing, and probably wouldn't have much of a successful story without him. Really, give him a hug or chat with him, or even read his stories, too! :twilightsmile::heart: Click here to see his profile.