• Published 24th May 2015
  • 10,516 Views, 642 Comments

Tiny Twilight Tales - Foals Errand



Small glimpses into Twilight Sparkle's early years as Princess Celestia's student.

  • ...
15
 642
 10,516

A Noble Day

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place prior to Luna coming in. Many just Twilight ideas I have. Hope you all enjoy.

Twilight pouted as she sat beside Celestia. A small table had been quickly found for her, along with some crayons and some old parchment. Just a few minutes, then we’ll get back to our lessons my tail… Twilight glanced back up at the yellow-furred stallion who was still droning on just as he had been the last five times. Bored out of her mind, and out of equations and doodles to cover the page with, she began to take a small interest in what he was saying that was ruining her entire day.

“Now, Lord Golden Voice, as I’ve stated several times over, I took today off from court to spend with my student. I truly do not see exactly why it was so vital of a thing that I had to hear this request at this very moment. Would it not have been possible to simply wait a few more hours and bring this up at Night Court?” Celestia appeared to have a very tolerant look upon her muzzle, even if she was quite irritated to be interrupted for such a mild problem.

The unicorn stallion threw back his blue mane before flashing Celestia a winning smile. It was one that had made numerous mares throw themselves at him, ready to do anything he requested. In his eyes the Princess would be no exception. “I do apologize, Princess, but truly this is important. And truthfully, I always find Night court occurs far too late to be useful in any type of emergency such as this.”

Celestia quietly snorted to herself before taking a glance at the sun. She determined the time to be roughly Two PM. Twilight had been roused from her nap not long before this whole thing happened. “All right, I will listen to your emergency. But if you would be so kind as to be quick about it? I was not planning to have my dear student attend any type of court or meetings until she is a fair bit older.”

If anything, Golden Voice’s smile seemed to grow as he gave a small bow to acknowledge he understood. Internally, he thought of how to use this development to his advantage. So sure in his success he was, he failed to notice that the small foal who had been concentrating on her coloring had set down her crayons. Her ears perked up in attention.

“It is quite the sad tale my, beloved Princess. You see there is a park near my home in Upper Canterlot where much of my neighbors take their foals to run around and play. At least they once did. Over the past few years it seems as if this small park has been forgotten! The grass grows long and unruly. Playground equipment is either rusting, or breaking apart. And the paths! One of my friend’s colts was sent to the doctor after getting a stone stuck in his frog! Poor thing was unable to even walk until it was removed. All I wish to do is repair this park for the behalf of the local families to have some place to go.”

Celestia nodded. She opened her mouth to grant the rather understandable and reasonable request when she felt Twilight’s tiny hoof on her leg. She looked down to see her small student looking up at Lord Golden Voice with a frown, her ears pinned back and tail flicking. Celestia cocked her head. It was very obvious that something was causing great annoyance and possibly anger to the filly. “Twilight Sparkle, what is it?”

“A park in Upper Canterlot where lots of foals go to run around. That is what he said isn’t it?” Twilight asked without even glancing up at Celestia, who nodded. Twilight took a step towards the noble who took a step back, a single sweat drop running down his forehead.

“A park with path ways and swings and a slide and the best dandelions to munch if you are hungry and your BBBFF forgot to pack lunch and had to run back?” Twilight took another step forward. This time Golden Voice was unable to stop the trembling in his legs as he saw the bits he planned to pocket fly out of his saddle bags.

“A park that the bestest foal sitter ever took me to the day before I got my cutie mark? Is that the park you are talking about?” Somehow Golden Voice had found himself pressed against the wall as Twilight kept advancing closer.

Finally, he gave a small nod “I… y-yes I do believe that is the one.”

Twilight nodded firmly “Well that park is just fine.” She then turned and walked back to her little table. The heavy aura which had surrounded the filly dissipated quickly as she sat back down. She picked her pink crayon back up with her mouth, returning to her picture of Cadance.

Celestia blinked, then cleared her throat. “Well then, seeing as you were...” She considered, then sighed,“ mistaken, I’m afraid I will be denying your request and ending this emergency hearing. Come along, Twilight Sparkle. We’ll go get Spike from his nanny, and go to the park. It’ll be good for you both to run around.”

Twilight looked up and beamed. “Really? Yay!” With that she followed Celestia out of the throne room, leaving Golden Voice, who would be unable to move for five minutes as he tried to figure exactly what type of beast this Twilight Sparkle truly was.

“She can’t be a normal pony, no way…”