• Published 24th May 2015
  • 10,513 Views, 642 Comments

Tiny Twilight Tales - Foals Errand



Small glimpses into Twilight Sparkle's early years as Princess Celestia's student.

  • ...
15
 642
 10,513

Sniffles (Edited)

Twilight groaned as she dragged herself from bed, a coughing fit shaking her little body. She sniffled, wiping her nose on the back of her hoof and snorted hard to get rid of the yucky feeling in her nose.

Oh no! I can’t be sick...I have class with Princess Celestia! Twilight opened the trunk at the bottom of her bed and began digging through it, pulling out a scarf and hat.

Perfect! Now the Princess won’t see I’m sick! Twilight sniffled again and wrapped the scarf around her neck and muzzle before shoving the hat over her head. With only her eyes visible, she was sure no one would notice she was sick. Twilight grabbed her book and raced for the classroom where Celestia would be waiting.


Celestia watched as Twilight entered the room at a gallop, her brow furrowing. What on Equestria are you wearing Twilight? “Twilight? Is something wrong, my faithful student?”

Twilight froze and then turned to look up at Celestia, her purple eyes wide. “No-nothing, Princess!”

Celestia lifted an eyebrow. “Are you sure, Twilight? You weren’t at breakfast, and we had pancakes. Your favorite!”

Twilight squirmed a bit. “Oh.. um, I wasn’t hungry, that's all. Can we get started, please?” She climbed into her chair opening her book, sniffling quietly.

Celestia’s visible eye narrowed as her ear flicked. “Of course, Twilight, as soon as you take that scarf off. It’s too warm in the classroom for you to keep it on. Come on now.”

Twilight swallowed hard and unwrapped the scarf from her face, revealing her swollen and red nose.

Celestia sighed and walked over, placing the back of her hoof on to Twilight’s forehead and sighed. “Oh, Twilight, dear you have a fever. I’m afraid I’ll need to take you to the palace doctor.”

Twilight’s eyes squeezed tight as she recalled her last visit with. The doctor


Twilight sat on the exam table, shivering as a large stallion wearing glasses stared down at her. “Don’t worry, little filly. This won’t hurt a bit!”

Twilight’s eyes widened as lightning flashed in the background and the doctor tilted his head back laughing maniacally before picking up a giant needle in his magic and plunging it into her tiny shoulder.


“Noooooo! Please! Please! Princess, not that not the doctor! Please!” Twilight scampered under Celestia’s barrel, shivering.

“Twilight, what is it? Did something happen the last time you saw Doctor Strong Heart?” She stepped back and gently stroked Twilight’s mane as the little filly trembled.

“H-he hurt me! I don’t wanna go! Please don’t make me!” Twilight clung tightly to Celestia’s right foreleg as Celestia continued to stroke her.

“Shhh... It’s all right, Twilight. What if I go with you? Would that help?” Celestia asked softly. She smiled as she felt Twilight’s head hesitantly nod. “All right then. Can you be a big filly and walk with me? Or…” Celestia smiled softly “Would you like to ride on my back?”

“O-on your back please, pretty please?” Twilight asked, her little ears pinned back eyes swimming with tears.

Celestia gently lifted Twilight onto her back with a small burst of magic. “Of course, sweetheart.” She felt Twilight snuggle into her mane and felt her wings poof out a bit. That’s odd I haven’t felt like this since Luna was this size…


Twilight sat shaking once more on the exam table from her nightmares. This time though, Princess Celestia sat in a chair against the wall, paging through a magazine. She smiled at Twilight every now and then to reassure her that, yes, she was there.

The door opened and a friendly looking unicorn stallion walked in with a smile. “Hello, your highness, Lady Twilight, I heard we have a sick little filly. Can I get get your vitals, Lady Twilight?”

Twilight glanced up and whimpered, seeing the manic grin on the doctor’s muzzle before catching Celestia’s eye and nodding.

After several minutes Doctor Strong Heart smiled. “Just as I thought. It’s just a small cold. She’ll be right as rain in a few days but before you go, I’m afraid she does need one more thing. I’ll be right back.” He ruffled Twilight’s hair a bit before walking out.

“Please, Princess, let's go before he comes back. He’s going to hurt me again. I just know it!” Twilight trembled, reaching out with her fore legs.

Celestia walked over and covered Twilight with a giant white wing. “Now, Twilight, I’m sure he was just going to write you a prescription. You’ve had all the shots necessary to be a student at my school. Okay?”

Twilight whimpered and huddled close to Celestia. “Y-you promise?”

Celestia smiled. “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”


A small pink pony working on her parent’s rock farm stopped suddenly and beamed.


Doctor Strong Heart walked in carrying a syringe. “All right, Lady Twilight, this isn’t going to hu—Yipe!” He pulled back as Celestia snapped at him. “Princess, please, it’s for her own good!”

“Absolutely not. I am well aware of all vaccines Twilight is required to have and that is not one of them. Now I will be taking my student back to her room to tuck her in and feed her some soup. Good day, doctor!” And with that Celestia carried her sick student from the medical bay.

Doctor Strong Heart sighed as they left. “Well I tried…”

To Be Continued!