• Published 24th May 2015
  • 10,516 Views, 642 Comments

Tiny Twilight Tales - Foals Errand



Small glimpses into Twilight Sparkle's early years as Princess Celestia's student.

  • ...
15
 642
 10,516

My Little Human Convention!

"Please? Please, please, please, please, pleaseeeeee?" Twilight begged as she maneuvered around Celestia as they walked down the hallway, a small poster held within her magical aura. "Oh pleassssseeeee?"

"Twilight, I'm sorry, but I just don't think it's a plausible outing. with you only recently entering into my teaching, and not to mention how difficult it would be for me to get the day of—"

"Pleasssseeeee?" Twilight stared up at Celestia with large gleaming purple eyes. The poster which she had been carrying around since she had found it at the playground trembled in her grasp.

Celestia sighed, shaking her head as she took another look at the poster which showed the image of a small being standing on two legs. The being had a long blonde mane and was wearing a dress. Standing beside her was a tall white alicorn and under the image was the wording "My Little Human, Friendship is Magic," along with three dates relating to the next weekend.

She looked back at Twilight and realized the filly hadn’t let up with that adorable look of hers. "You realize, Twilight, that I should reclassify that look as a weapon of mass cuteness."

Twilight's bottom lip jutted out at that statement, her ears pinning back by the smallest amount.

Celestia shook her head and gave a helpless laugh. "Alright, alright. I will see if we can go for one day. Is that satisfactory, Little Miss Twilight Sparkle?"

Twilight's ears perked right back up and she leaped into the air, poster fluttering to the ground. "Yessssss!"


Twilight stared into the mirror, her tiny tongue sticking out as her horn glowed. The blonde wig on her head adjusted by the smallest amount. “There!” She stood back and smoothed out the blue skirt which went halfway down her legs and lifted up on her hind legs to make sure the white shirt she was wearing wasn’t wrinkled at all. Satisfied that her cosplay was perfect, she circled herself a few times in glee before her ears flicked from the sound of a soft knock on the door. She stopped so quickly that when she opened her mouth to tell the pony knocking to come in, she got a mouthful of her own tail. “Phoo!” Spitting out her own tail.

A soft chuckle was heard above her. “Twily, what have I told you about chasing your tail, LSBFF?”

“That only puppies chase their tail and I’m far too um...telligent and adorable to be a puppy?” Twilight answered automatically before peering up at her laughing big brother. “It’s not that funny, BBBFF.” She jutted her lip out a bit, crossing her fore legs before cocking her head slightly. “Hey that’s not your cadet armor that’s solar armor!”

Shining Armor stood up proudly, the slightly too big armor hanging just a bit off his chest. “That’s right, Twily!”

Twilight pursed her lips together, her eyes narrowing. “Shiny, did you take somepony’s armor? The Princess isn’t going to be happy with you.”

Shining Armor rolled his eyes while booping her nose. “No, Twily, this is my armor.” He lifted a hoof and rubbed his neck “Well, it will be after I graduate. My commander found out about what the Princess and you are planning today, and since the Palace is closing the courts for the reason of her highness being ill, they can’t afford for any of the normal guards to be seen with her.”

Twilight stared up at him, her eyebrow raised

“Yeah, I know, Twilight, I don’t understand it either. But I get to go with you to the convention, so thats pretty cool, right?” Shining Armor grinned

“I don’t know know… are you cool enough to come with Princess Celestia and me?” Twilight stuck her tongue out and her brother tackled her to the ground, giving her a noogie. “Noooo! Shiny, my costume!”


Celestia sighed, looking up at the convention center while Twilight practically bounced next to her. Shining Armor took careful steps behind her, his gaze sweeping the crowd. For the fifth time since leaving the palace, she shivered at seeing her bare hoof. ‘Oh, Twilight, I do hope you enjoy yourself here. For truthfully, without my regala, on I feel rather… naked.’ She shivered a bit before smiling at a young stallion wearing a t-shirt with Princess Blaze on it. “Excuse me, could you tell me where registration is?”

The stallion grinned “Of course! Head upstairs and turn left, third room on the right.” His eyes traced over her and he smiled wide. “Oh, oh wow! That is one of the best Princess Blaze cosplays I’ve seen! Your wings look almost real and your enlargement charm. Brilliant!”

Celestia simply gaped for a few moments before she felt Twilight wiggle out from between her forelegs.

The stallion looked down to see the little filly cosplaying as Aurora Dawn and laughed. “Oh man, and you have your own Aurora Dawn and a shield pony! You three are awesome.” He held his hoof up to Twilight. “Human boop me, little kid!”

Twilight giggled before touching her hoof to his. “Can we go register now, Princess, please?”

Celestia looked a bit nervous but the stallion just laughed and walked away. “Man, they really are going all out,” he said as he disappeared into the crowd.

Celestia blinked “Well, yes. Alright let’s go get registered.” She blinked as Twilight took off at a gallop straight up the stairs. “Twilight! Slow down, young filly!” She took off at a fast canter after her, catching up at the door to the registration—Shining Armor following close behind. “Twilight, you will stay with me while we are here understand?”

Twilight’s ears fell back a bit. “I’m sorry, Princess, I promise that I will stay with you. Can we go into register now please? Oh please?”

A soft huff blew through Celestia’s nose and she nodded. ’While that young stallion may have assumed me in cosplay not everypony here will be so easily fooled and if something were to happen to her…’

They started walking over to one of the ponies with bundles of scrolls and lanyards. A mare wearing a green shirt with the word ‘staff’ on it finish scribbling down something and gave them a pleasant smile as Celestia spoke. “Good morning I’m here to register two adults and a filly for today only.”

The staff member nodded. “How old is the filly?”

“Oh, Twilight is four.” Celestia blinked a bit, puzzled by the question.

The mare chuckled. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. she's just what is known as a little kid here at the convention. There's a few things she gets, such as first chance at the voice actors for autographs. Also, her registration is free.” She glanced down at the eager Twilight. “Wow, that’s a great Aurora Dawn costume and your Mom is cosplaying as Princess Blaze. That’s very cool.” She looked back up at Celestia. “Alright, so a day’s registration for two grown-ups is 60 bits.”

Celestia hoofed over the bag of coins. ’These conventions are expensive...’

The mare took the offered bag of bits and passed over the lanyards which flashed as they come in contact with them. “That will make it so only you can wear your badges. Make sure they are visible at all times.” She passed over the trio of badges. “There are schedules on the table behind you. Have a great time at the Con!”

Twilight grabbed a schedule in her wavering magic and gasped. “Oh wow, Princess! Princess Blaze’s voice actress is here signing autogra...autogr...phs?” She looked up to see Celestia nodding that she had pronounced it right. “In an hour! Can I get her autograph please, Princess?”

Celestia took the schedule in her magic. “Well, there are lots of things to do here today. Some panels with several voice actors—even ones with writers—a cupcake eating contest, cosplay, and even the My Little Human trading card game! My goodness.” Celestia gave a helpless chuckle “Well, lets make a plan of exactly what we want to do. Okay?”

Twilight frowned but nodded. “Kay.”

Celestia smiled at that adorable frown. “Don’t worry, Twilight, she’ll be signing autographs again from four until six. We can catch her before we go.”


“GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!”

Celestia would never be able to tell anypony exactly how it happened but she was now sitting on her haunches, blindfolded, and going head to head with several other ponies on who could eat three cupcakes the fastest without using magic or their sight, then down a bottle of cider.

“DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!”

Celestia stood up and whipped her blindfold off after finishing her cider and grinned in the realization she had won. “And our winner is... Princess Blaze!”

Celestia smiled and took a small bow, giggling a bit as she cleaned her muzzle of frosting. ’Oh my, if any of them realized who I really am, my reputation would be destroyed!... But it was so much fun!’


Through out the convention, several ponies stopped the group to take pictures. Celestia just smiled but Twilight was over the moon every time some pony complimented her costume. The day just seemed on super speed from one stop to the next. With Celestia often chasing after a very excited Twilight, until they reached the vending hall. Twilight seemed to be drawn straight to a stand where a mare was selling plushies. She smiled down at Twilight as the little filly reached up with her forelegs to look over the selection. “Hello little, Aurora Dawn, are you here looking for Princess Blaze?”

Twilight looked over the plushies and squealed when she found a simple one in the design of Princess Blaze. The vending mare smiled as Celestia walked up. “Ah, Princess Blaze, is this your Aurora Dawn?”

Twilight looked up with those bright eager eyes of hers. “Oh Princess, could I have one? Please?”

Celestia looked over the plushies with a careful eye The sewing is good, the stitches strong, a bit better then Smarty Pants I’d say. “How much for the Princess Blaze plushie?” she asked.

The mare frowned thoughtfully, rubbing at her chin. “Well, normally I charge fifty bits per plushie, however I just can’t let Aurora Dawn go away without her best friend, Princess Blaze.” She levitates the plushie down and Twilight grasps it in her magic with a gasp.

“Oh wow! Thank you so much!” Twilight held the plushie in her fore hooves, cuddling it.

Celestia nodded her head to the merchant and turned to leave when the merchant laughed.

“Hey. Hold on, Princess Blaze, you can’t go without your best friend Aurora Dawn, now can you?”

Celestia smiled down at Twilight and shook her head before levitating fifty bits onto her table, taking the plushie of the human filly. The merchant blinked at the bits and levitated over a shield pony plush. “Here, complete the set.” She gave them a wink. “Have a great day!”


Twilight was starting to slow down as they stood in line waiting for the autograph hall to open. She slumped a little against Celestia until a staff pony came by.

“Is she alright?”

Celestia looked at the tired filly and nodded. “Oh yes, just a little sleepy. It’s been a long day.”

The staff pony nodded before poking her head into the room for a few minutes and looking back at Celestia. “Who are you here to get an autograph from? The director, one of the writers, or Night Wind?”

Celestia blinked, thinking back to the cast list from when she listened to the show with Twilight the day before. “Oh, just Night Wind.” She pursed her lips thoughtfully. “Though if we have to wait much longer, it may not be worth it…”

The staff pony smiled and opened the door just enough to let Celestia and Twilight in. Twilight blinked, seeing a dark furred unicorn smiling down at her with a plaque in front of her saying ‘Night Wind, voice of Princess Blaze.’

“Well, I was wondering where my best friend Aurora Dawn was all day! You’ve been hiding from me haven’t you, little girl?” Night Wind smiled down at the beaming Twilight. She took a picture of Aurora Dawn and Princess Blaze before signing it. “But that's okay. Have you been having fun?”

Twilight bobbed her head eagerly. “Yes, Princess Blaze, I have been having lots of fun but um…”

“Why do I look like this, my little one?” Night Wind asked with a knowing smile.

Twilight simply nodded as Night Wind hummed a bit. “Well, Aurora Dawn, even princesses need a day off don’t you think?”

For a single moment, Celestia felt the voice actresses’ eyes on her and smiled as Night Wind gave the faintest of respectful nods.

Celestia felt an eyebrow inch upwards. ’Wait is it possible does she know?’

Night Wind smiled as Twilight tried to keep her eyes open. “Well, I think Aurora is ready to return home don’t you think, Princess?” She leaned forward and Celestia mimicked the motion until Night Wind’s muzzle was to her ear.

“Thank you for coming, Princess Celestia, I hope you enjoyed our Con. I’d leave now though, the press will be arriving soon I have an interview scheduled and I don’t want your day to end on a sour note.” Night Wind pulled back and levitated Twilight onto Celestia’s back. “Don’t forget your autograph, Aurora Dawn! Thank you for coming to see me. I’ll be back at the castle soon!”

Celestia smiled and turned, walking to the exit to see Shining Armor finally catch up with them. She glanced to his saddlebags which were full of something she didn’t recognize. “Shining Armor? I was wondering where you were.”

“Ah, well, after seeing that you and Twily were alright. I decided to try my hoof at that My Little Human Card game and well I just kept advancing.” He shrugged

Celestia laughed as they walked down the street to where several pegasi guards were waiting to take them home. “That’s fine. Just remember once you are graduated, things will be different.”

Shining Armor nodded saluting her with a smile. “Yes, Princess. Did you and Twily have a good time?”

Celestia felt her smile grown and she gave a soft nod. “Indeed we did.”


Celestia pulled the covers up over Twilight after a quick dinner of soup and bread. The little filly was past tired—barely keeping herself awake through dinner! “There now all tucked in with Princess Blaze and Smarty Pants.” She leaned down and pecked Twilight's forehead

Twilight gave a soft moan. “Princess?”

“Hmm? What is it, Twilight?” Celestia asked sitting next to her on the bed..

“Did you know that Aurora Dawn and Princess Blaze are best friends?” Twilight asked with a yawn, snuggling deeper into her bed.

“I did. Why do you ask, Twilight?” Celestia smiled as she watched Twilight struggle to stay awake long enough to finish her thought.

“Well, I was thinking about it a lot today, Princess, and well… You are MY best friend.”

Celestia struggled to blinked back the tears that suddenly filled her eyes at such an innocent statement. She leaned forward and nuzzled Twilight’s cheek. “And you, Twilight Sparkle, are my best friend. Now sleep well. We have classes tomorrow.”

Twilight nodded, her eyes closing as Celestia left the room.

She stopped at the doorway, looking back at the sound asleep filly before looking at the ceiling above her. A best friend... Oh, Luna, I hope that when you return we can all be best friends together.