• Published 24th May 2015
  • 10,480 Views, 642 Comments

Tiny Twilight Tales - Foals Errand



Small glimpses into Twilight Sparkle's early years as Princess Celestia's student.

  • ...
15
 642
 10,480

Siblings

Twilight glanced over as she heard the blocks crash to the ground for the second time in what seemed like less than five minutes. The little filly frowned. She had been trying to read ahead for her next lesson. However, it was becoming apparent that something was bothering her roommate and best friend.

“Luna? What's the matter? I thought you wanted to play on your um ‘Lonesome?” Twilight cocked her head as she looked at the dark-coated alicorn who was rotating one of the wooden blocks in her magic. “We’re you just sayin that cuz I wanted ta read? Princess says that lying like that is a little white lie. But I dunno any color of lie is naughty isn’t it?”

“...Mayhaps,” Luna mumbled out after a moment. “It is not as if we…I meant to deceive you. I’m not certain…” She trailed off as the block fell onto the others. She turned to see Twilight sitting next to her and smiled “If I did not know better I would have suspected you of teleporting beside me.”

Twilight giggled covering her mouth with her right hoof. “That's funny! Princess says that all the time too, she even put a bell on me once. It didn’t work though…” Twilight’s giggles stopped abruptly as Luna’s ears pinned back at the mention of Princess “Come on Luna you can tell me anything right?”

A small pause before Luna nodded in agreement.

“Then tell me silly! Maybe I can help? The guards all say I’m a great listener!”

“I…I miss my sister.” Luna finally got out though she refused to look at Twilight her attention once more on one of their blocks. “We weren’t always so far apart in age you realize?”

Twilight shook her head before frowning. “I kinda understand? I have Shiny as my BBBFF er my Big Brother Best Friend Forever. But, he's 14 years older than me. Apparently, I was a, um surprise?” Twilight shrugged “Anyway My Mommy, she told me that sometimes Shining Armor just wouldn’t be able to play with me. But!” She paused and hugged Luna tight “She said he’d always be my big brother. And he still is! He even makes time for us to play on Sundays!”

Luna snuggled into the hug with Twilight thinking about what she had said.


Celestia sat upon her throne counting down the minutes until dinner and perhaps a chance to spend some time with Luna. Do not throw away this gift you somehow received Celestia! The nightmare still remains. You can not lose to it once again. She looked over to the caller as the stallion seemed to hesitate before announcing the next pony.

“Her Royal Highness Princess Luna of Equestria.”

Celestia looked down as her little sister approached respecting the court decorum. “Luna? Little sister is something wrong?”

Celestia held her breath as she forced herself to stay calm and retain her mask of neutralness as her little sister hesitated. Unbidden Celestia recalled the last time that Luna had approached her in such a manner.


“Her Royal Highness Princess Luna of the Night.”

Celestia looked upon her dark-coated sibling with a raised eyebrow inwardly smirking at the differences between them. Even the gathered nobles had nothing kind to say about her far less seen co-ruler. Co-ruler? What exactly does she rule? A pack of possums? “What is it Luna, we are still many hours before the setting of MY sun. Shouldn’t thou still be in thy bed?”

Luna’s left ear flicked but she ignored the quiet chortles of her sister’s groupies. “Aye, and we will be returning once we have made our petition.”

“Very well we will hear thee. Speak.” Celestia lounged back wondering what her shy sister would ask for. Foolish little thing.

“I-We petition thee for nights and days to be varied. We—” Luna found herself unable to continue as she looked up into Celestia’s eyes to see them narrowed.

“No, we have discussed this many times there are zero reasons for the days and nights to differ any more than they already do.”

Luna fought back the magic muting her and retrieved the studies offering them to her sister but she already knew it was over. “We simply request you look at these. Fare thee well.” She bowed her head ignoring the fact Celestia did not respond in kind.


Luna had been right, varying the nights and days throughout the year has led to such prosperity… I need to still thank you for fireproofing your notes…

Celestia smiled at Luna and bowed her head as the filly approached. “Hello princess Luna, what petition do you have for me?”

Luna seemed to take a deep breath before she raised herself to her full height. “Twilight Sparkles tells us…er me that each Sunday she and her elder brother have time to play.”

“They do yes, Twilight Sparkle is excused from her studies and an agreement with the Lead Cadet allows Shining Armor three hours with her, why?”

“Can we do that?” Luna was unable to stop herself from blurting out her hope. “Us I mean…you and me? W-we could join Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor…O-or mayhaps just the two of us can spend time together?”

Celestia felt the smile breaking through her mask but could not find any reason to not allow it. “Yes, I think we can arrange that.”


And from that day forth Everyone, pony and otherwise knew that from one pm and four pm every Sunday the Princess was unavailable. Unless of course, Equestria was at risk. But Heaven help the soul who disturbed Sibling time if it wasn’t.

Author's Note:

Hello, hope you all enjoyed this chap!

Comments ( 12 )

Yay! You're back!!!

Well this is a nice surprise to see again Thank for the update it was a mighty fine one:twilightsmile:

11310724
Glad you enjoyed it!

Yeah new chap

11310744
I hope you enjoy it. ^^

Does this mean more chapters are on the way? :rainbowkiss:

I never expected this. Yay. So cute.

11310880
My goal...goal not a promise is to update all of my incomplete but not canceled stories before the Equnoix. We'll see if I can do it ^^

A good chapter, here. :)

Wonderful story. I love it! Looking forward to reading more. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment