• Published 24th May 2015
  • 10,516 Views, 642 Comments

Tiny Twilight Tales - Foals Errand



Small glimpses into Twilight Sparkle's early years as Princess Celestia's student.

  • ...
15
 642
 10,516

Slumber Party-2

It was earlier than normal, but Celestia wanted to be ready to receive the mothers when they came to pick up their daughters. She took a deep, slow breath, and released it carefully, applying her royal mask just in time as the three mares came in. A few of her most trusted servants were watching over the fillies. They did not need to be here.

Celestia gazed levelly at the three mothers as they slowly approached her throne. A young unicorn stallion brought in a a silver tea service and poured one cup of tea. He set the service on the small table and bowed his head.

Celestia smiled at the mares. “Tea?” As one they shook their heads. Celestia shrugged before dismissing the stallion with a smile. She calmly raised a cup of Earl Grey to her lips and sipped. With a smile she set her cup down. “My, there is nothing like a cup of tea after a bad night.” She turned her attention back to the mares. "Well, that could have gone better. I know that foals will be foals and that this is something I am certain they will out grow given time. In the meantime," she noted with deceptive mildness, "I think it would be unwise to subject your foals to facing 'monsters'. Wouldn't you agree?" She did not wait for comment as she calmly continued.

"Therefore I will relieve you of the concern of bringing them here. It is my sincerest hope we can all learn from this unfortunate happening.”

The eyes of Golden Glitter’s mother widened before she swallowed hard, realizing exactly what must have happened. “O-of course your highness. May we collect our daughters now and head for home?”

“But of course. Did you think I’d keep you from your daughters? Heaven forbid. Go retrieve them and depart with my blessings.” Celestia nodded to them as they quickly bowed and left. She took another sip of her tea and smiled. “Raven, my dear? Would you please cancel court for the day? I will spending time with my beloved student.”

“Of course your highness! Will you and young Twilight be needing anything?” Raven asked, smiling up at Celestia as she wrote up the order.

Celestia rubbed her chin in consideration “Hmm, actually…”


Twilight’s muzzle scrunched up as she stared at the dish that Princess Celestia pulled from the picnic basket. Twilight had been so excited to have a picnic with her mentor, just the two of them. Her favorite foods had been in that big basket, even celery soup! But Twilight wasn’t sure what this was.

“Cheesecake?” Twilight cocked her head at it. “It doesn’t look like cake…”

Celestia looked down at Twilight, a smile tugging at her lips. “Oh? Well then, my faithful little Twilight. Why don’t you tell me what this is?” She set the cheesecake down on the picnic blanket and cut a small slice. She set it on a plate in front of Twilight, along with a fork.

Twilight slowly circled the plate before laying on her belly and giving it a small sniff. She finally poked at it with the fork. “Hmm...It’s wiggly!”

Celestia struggled to keep from laughing as she watched Twilight’s tail flick. She finally took the fork, cut off a small bit of cheesecake, and placed it in her mouth.

Twilight hesitantly chewed the bite. Once… twice. Her eyes lit up and a ‘mmmm’ escaped her lips.The piece of cheesecake was soon gone, and Twilight was rubbing her plump, fuzzy belly with her forehooves. “I ate too much pie.”

“Pie? But my dear, I told you it’s cheesecake.” Celestia smiled at the stuffed little pony laying on her back.

“Nuhuh. After all of my very in depth studies, I have come to the conclusion that this is a pie! A very, very yummy pie!” Twilight let out a small belch before blushing. “Um, cuse me?”

“Have no worries, my dear. But really, pie? Well then I must inform the chefs they’ve been labeling it wrong for a very long time.”

Twilight considered, still on her back, eyes closed and enjoying the sun. After a few moments she opened her eyes and frowned. “Well, I guess it can still be called cheesecake. But, It’s really pie!”

Celestia began laughing before she laid down beside Twilight. She nuzzled her tummy. “The chefs will be very relieved to hear your decision!”

Twilight giggled happily before hugging Celestia’s muzzle.