• Published 19th May 2015
  • 712 Views, 133 Comments

Vengeance - Dustchu



Follow Applejack, the Element of Honesty as she goes on a quest of vengeance to avenge her family.

  • ...
6
 133
 712

01: A Tragic Apple Clan Reunion

Vengeance: it may be characterized as a form of justice (not to be confused with retributive justice), an altruistic action which enforces societal or moral justice aside from the legal system. Francis Bacon described it as a kind of "wild justice" that "does... offend the law [and] put the the law out of office."


-ooo000=+=000ooo-


"Ah'm tellin' ya, Apple Fritter, Silver String is best at country music!" A black stallion with a blue mane argued with another stallion, this one light orange with a green mane.

"And Ah'm tellin' you!" Apple Fritter retorted, his green eyes glaring into his third cousin's blue eyes. "Acoustic Blaze is th' better country player!"

"Nu uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nu uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nu uh!"

"Yeah huh!"

Fortunately to everypony's relief Applejack stepped in and stopped them before they started throwing hooves. "Alright everypony, calm down!" She cried, stepping in between them. "Yer food's gittin' cold and Ah didn't slave over a hot stove jus' so Ah could watch you two fight like a couple o hogs in heat!" That earned her a couple of laughs from the surrounding family members, both Apple and Orange. Both stallions stared one another down before sighing, sitting back down and going back to their food. "Good, now let's all finish up here, we still got sum more fun activities planned!"

A resounding cheer and hoof stomps replied.


-ooo000=+=000ooo-


Vengeance
A story of loss, redemption, and pure unfiltered hate.
Written by: Dustchu.
MLP:FIM belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.
I own only my OC's and certain elements.


-ooo000=+=000ooo-


Today was the annual Apple Clan Family Reunion, held yearly at the well known Sweet Apple Acres just north of Ponyville. Applejack was always happy to see her family members again, after getting involved with so many tough situations involving Discord, Tirek, or any other manner of evil, left her wanting to have a normal day just for once. And hopefully today would be that day.

Her entire family from all over Equestria and beyond have come to visit and it was going smoothly. Sure there were a few fights and yelling matches but she could handle it, along with the help of Big Mac and Braeburn combined might of course, and Granny Smith threatening to take away the food, that is. Everything was going smoothly, the fillies and colts were playing around while the adults talked, mostly about farming or just reminiscing about the old days.

Applejack stood outside, watching her family members mill around the farm, some taking others just going for a walk. She saw several working on one of the barn, fixing up several loose planks and repairing the barn door. The sun was beating down on the worker, sweat matted her forehead and she titled the brim of her hat to block it out. "Hmm." She hummed, trotting back into the house. The front door opened with a squeak as she trotted inside, the air inside cooler as opposed to the heat outside, it was a welcome feeling.

"Hiya Applejack!" One of her younger cousin's greeted, a young colt by the name of Apple Saucy.

"Well hello thar, Saucy!" She replied, smiling broadly, tipping her hat up so she could get a better look. "How're you doing this fine day?" she asked, tilting her head.

Apple Saucy smiled back, glad to see his cousin. "Ah'm doing jus fine, Miss Applejack." he answered. "Ma an' Pa got into an argument earlier over sum misplaced tools though."

Applejack chuckled. "Don't be callin' me miss, ya hear? Jus' call me AJ." she told him, still smiling. "And as for you Ma an' Pa, just tell em Granny Smith won't serve em any of her Zap Apple pie if they keep on."

Saucy nodded, light red mane bobbing back and forth. "Okay, AJ." He cheered before galloping out of the front door, still smiling widely.

The orange mare chuckled again before continuing into the house, hanging her hat on one of the hat stands among many other hats she went into the Kitchen for some water, only to see Big Mac standing over some papers. "Whatcha lookin' at Mac?" she asked, trotting over to him. The smell of sweat and apples wafting off of his bulk.

Big Mac looked at his sister, worry in his eyes. "Ah'm goin' over our sales from last week, and they dropped."

AJ's eyes widened. "W-what? How much?"

"Sixty percent."

"Sixty!?" Applejack cried, eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. "They dropped a whole sixty! That can't be right!" She argued, moving Big Mac over and checking the papers herself. She looked it over several times, but the numbers were the same every time. "How could that have happened?!"

"Th' Bicardi family no doubt," Mac said, chewing on his wheat straw as he looked over the numbers with a forlorn expression. "They did threaten to take over the market and out farm if we didn't agree to a partnership, and to give them half of our profits from th' sales."

Applejack, in a fit of anger picked up the book and tossed it against the wall, it hit with a resounding thud and slid down. "Ah can't believe those two bit varmints!" She stormed over to the book, "Threatenin' ta take over mah farm, mah daddy's farm. I'll show them a thing or two!"

"Now calm down AJ," Big Mac told her, watching the steam fly out of her ears. "I know how bad it looks, but all we gotta do is jus talk ta them and work somethin out." He suggested, he hoped they could work something out.

The orange mare sighed, huffing out a breath as she kicked the book. "Can we jus talk? Will they even listen?" She turned to him. "They've never listened ta us in the past Mac, why would they listen now?"

Big Mac shrugged. "Better ta talk than fight, if ya ask me."

"I gu
ess." Applejack sighed once more before turning around and facing the sink, grabbing a glass and filling it with ice cold water.


-ooo000=+=000ooo-


Meanwhile, outside of the farm on one of the roads leading south to Ponyville sat three carriages. However, they weren't normal ones that you would see being pulled by a pony through the streets. The first two were specially made to be self powered, somewhat sleek and made for speed, built for both on-road and off-road travel, and could hold several ponies and boxes of equipment. While the third one was smaller and could only hold two or three, and was made for style and speed. Standing beside the third carriage was a solid black pony with a scar on his eye, he wore a saddle with a small bag on the top and two objects on either side connected to a mechanism that was operated with the mouth.

He turned to the window of the carriage, watching as it slid down and a face greeted him. A solid white face with steely blue eyes looked back at him, scrutinizing him. "Are your ponies in place?" The pony asked, a mare from the pitch.

The black stallion nodded. "Aye, they're in place."

"Fully armed?"

"Aye."

The mare looked ahead at the farm, her eyes centering on the farm house before nodding. "Go ahead, show them that you don't mess with the Bicardi family." She ordered before rolling up her window, a tap sounded from inside and the carriage started up before driving off. Leaving a trail of dust.

The stallion whistled loudly, making several ponies march out of the other two carriages. He looked to them all. Seeing the weapons he armed them with, he said. "Let's move."


-ooo000=+=000ooo-


Applejack stood outside, watching as everypony gathered around. The sun was just beginning its descent below the horizon, leaving a bright red hue in the distance. Standing next to her was Apple Bloom and Big Mac, both baring smiles as their family talked to each other and was getting ready for the Reunion's ending. It took a while but everypony was gathered outside.

Granny Smith, the oldest of the family trotted forward, as fast as her old frame would allow her. She stood on a small stage in front of a microphone, and with a hack and a cough she began to speak. "Alright everypony, you all out here?" She asked, squinting her eyes and looking around. "Can't see a lick o nothin!" She cried, earning a few laughs. "Today was pretty swell if ya ask me!" She looked at each and everypony of her family, smiling a little bit. "Its been a long while since th' whole dangnabbed family been together, why I don't think everypony from th' family's ever been in in spot for too long, most of you are too dang rowdy and loud, like last night when I heard one of ya moanin' and groanin' and carryin' on in one of th' closets!"

Everypony started laughing as two Apple Family members blushed beet red, shuffling nervously as Applejack facehoofed. Oh lordy lord.

"What's so funny?" Granny Smith asked, oblivious as always. "Anywho! It sure was nice to see all of ya again after so many years, and from the looks o' this mare in the front there might be a new Apple arriving!"

Said mare blushed as her stallion nuzzled her as some 'daww'd' at the display. "Yep, this'll be our second." She said as she nuzzled her husband in return.

"Ain't that jus' sweet." Granny Smith smiled again. "Now I hope this won't be the last time I see all o' ya here. I expect ta see ya here next year, or I'll whoop ya!" Another round of laughs. "Now for th' finale, we're goin' ta launch of some firecrackers or somewhatsit!" The elder mare added with a grin, getting a round of applause and cheers. "Fire em up Apple Saucy!" She said.

The colt nodded and ran behind the stage to light them off. He reached down and pulled out a match and striking it on a nearby box, lit the fuses. And just as he was about to trot back onstage, somepony grabbed him, held him by the muzzle keeping him quiet and shoved a knife into his throat. "Sweet dreams kid." Was all he heard as darkness overtook him, and his neck was sliced open. Spilling blood onto the ground, his eyes closed and he fell still. The stallion who held the knife in his hoof waved his comrades over, and said. "Do it."

Applejack watched one by one as fireworks lit up the sky, booms and bangs sounded high above... and down below. She heard several gasps and startled noises. Misfire? She wondered as she looked ahead at Granny Smith who was currently on the floor of the stage clutching her chest. "Granny?" She called out, as more bangs sounded followed by booms. "Granny?!" She cried as she ran over to her, her heart stopped when she saw she wasn't moving and a pool of blood began forming.

"Run for your lives!" Someone cried as a mare screamed.

The Element of Honesty looked to where she heard the scream, seeing her pregnant cousin that spoke not two minutes ago fall to the ground. "My leg!" She cried, tears spilling over. Applejack wondered what was going on, then she heard more screams, and the sound of carriages.

"Applejack!" Big Mac yelled, pointing over at the barn. Applejack turned her head and saw several ponies dressed in black clothing trot out, wearing saddles with something on the back and sides. Something she remembered seeing before. When she saw the glint of metal, and the burst of light she realized what they were.

Battle Saddles! She turned to everypony. "Everypony run away!" She screamed, everyone soon followed afterwards. Screaming their lungs off as the mysterious ponies began firing on everyone, burst of light flashing away in the darkness and bullets tearing at the crowd. Applejack paid them no mind as she ran over to her cousin. She was bleeding badly from a leg wound, the bullet round had almost taken it off. "Come on, let's git you up!" She told her, trying to help her up.

"Thank ya AJ." She cried, tears spilling out. "Where's my husband?" She asked, looking around as everypony ran away from the gunners.

"We'll find 'im, for now let's get you away from here!" AJ told the mare, helping her up and tossing her onto her back and galloping away.

Several Apple family members had hidden. A small filly and her older brother were hiding under a table, shivering in fright. The brother held his sister as she cried, tears pouring down her cream white face. Hoofsteps sounded from nearby, and when the colt looked he saw the evil grin of a stallion in black.

"Ello there chum!" He said before firing on them. Their screams were short lived.

Gunfire rang out all across the farm, screams sounded and ponies fled, trying to get away from the murderous ponies. Fireworks shot off into the sky, blasting into colors of many hues and shapes, though no one was watching them save for a black stallion with a scar. He watched as his ponies cut down the Apple clan, tearing off limbs and blowing heads off. Blood curdling screams of foals, fillies and colts could be heard from the farmhouse as gun-ponies fired on them, killing them.

Fires were started in the orchard, the still half grown apples fell to the ground as branches were set afire by more of the ponies. The carriages drove through the orchard, ponies on the side tossing bottles of cider with rags jammed into the bottle neck and set on fire. Molotov cocktail. The bottles broke on contact with the ground and the trees, splashing them with the alcoholic cider and fire which combined and turned into a fiery blaze. Trees groaned under the duress of the flames, the fire eating away at the bark and turning them black.

He watched as Applejack ran to the farmhouse, unaware of the ponies inside being slain. There she is. He thought to himself as aimed his firearm, he centered his sights on the mare and grabbing the trigger in his teeth, he fired. The blast from his gun was loud, almost as loud as a cannon. The bullet soared through the air, and time seemed to slow to a crawl as he watched it hit not Applejack, but the mare on her back.

Applejack stumbled as her cousin cried out before falling off of her back and onto the ground. "What's wro-" her words died in her throat as she saw her cousin, belly split open and blood gushing out of her. Her eyes were wide open in terror, staring into Applejack's.

"H-help m-me." She croaked before falling still, heaving one final breath before the light left her eyes.

No... no no no, this can't be happening. Applejack thought, unable to move. her thoughts were cut off when she heard more bangs sounding from inside the house, she tried to run but an explosion from the kitchen forced her back. Flames spewed out of the open window, quickly overtaking the old wooden build of the farmhouse. The windows from other rooms burst as the fire spread, rapidly burning everything inside. Applejack saw the fire was a bluish hue, Magical fire! She'd never be able to put it out, not unless she could get Twilight. She's too far away! Turning around she ran, she had to find Apple Bloom and Big Mac! "Apple Bloom! Big Mac!" She screamed, her own voice being drowned out by the gunfire.

No matter how hard she looked, all she saw were the fallen bodies of her family. Blood stained the ground for as far as she could see, the trees were set ablaze and anypony who had tried to run was quickly hunted down and shot. Nopony was spared, filly, colt, adult. They were all killed in cold blood.

Please no. She begged, still running through the farm. Up ahead she saw the form of her big brother Big Mac running away from the barn, Braeburn was lying in a pool of blood in front, his eyes stuck open and his stomach split open. On Big Mac's back she saw Apple Bloom clutching on tightly, her eyes closed as her brother carried her away. Thank Celestia, we gotta get out of here, contact th' prin- She again was cut off as she saw one of the self powered carriages blaze a path through the fire and drove towards them. No no no no no no! That thing was headed right for them!

She ran towards them, but was stopped by a stallion tackling her down. "You're not going anywhere sweet cheeks~" He hissed, rubbing his hoof alongside her body. Big mistake on his part. Applejack headbutted him, her hat falling off in the process as the thug stumbled off of her. "Ahh! You bitch!"

Applejack reared up and threw her hooves at him, the force struck him in the nose and sending him back. It was a good thing she worked out a lot, otherwise that might not have done much. The stallion fell to the ground, groaning before she finally stomped on his head, picked him up and bucked him onto a table. The pony's battle saddle fell off and she eyed it. Without a moment to lose she picked it up and put it on, the saddle fell heavy but it would do. Turning around Applejack ran down the path she saw Big Mac and Apple Bloom went, the sounds of gunfire had ceased, with only a few shots going off.

The sound of something roaring could be heard, followed by the unmistakable sound of something being hit and a yelp. Pushing herself to move faster she came across several more of those ponies, and without even thinking she aimed her newly aqquried battle saddle at them and fired. She wasn't used to the recoil so the sudden blast and the force of the weapon sent her stumbling back, but her shot went wild, luckily taking the head off of one of the goons. The farmer regained her footing, and aimed again, this time aiming low. Once she fired she was ready, and the force of her gun blast hit the thug, sending him into a tree and finishing it off causing it to tumble down onto him.

"Apple Bloom!" AJ yelled, galloping past burning trees and dead bodies. She probably would have screamed until her lungs burst, but all that was on her mind right now was her two siblings, her little sister and big brother. Her body hurt, her mind was scarred and she... she didn't know what she was right now. Scared? Angry? Confused? She couldn't decipher the exact feeling that was overrunning her body and mind right now.

Eventually up ahead she saw them... but they were both lying on the ground.

"No no no no, Apple Bloom! Mac!" Applejack yelled, galloping over to them as fast as her legs would carry her. She saw the broken form of Big Mac, his body was covered in small holes and his legs looked broken. Apple Bloom was under him, bleeding from a wound to the head. Both were unmoving. "No!" She fell next to them, tears spilling over as her saddle fell off. "No no no no!" The mare shook her head violently, her hat flying off as she looked at them. No... Hoofsteps sounded behind her, and when she looked she saw a familiar face. A black stallion with a scar over his eye. "Havoc Bicardi..." she said, not accused, not yelled or even cried, but in realization. "Ah should'ave known." She hung her head, staring at the ground.

Havoc looked at the mare before him, smirking slightly. "Yes, you should have. Maybe then you wouldn't have brought this on yourself." He told her as several of his goons surrounded her, all armed with battle saddles.

She looked up at him, bloodshot eyes. "Ah didn't sign an agreement... ta join ya and give you half of muh farm's profits...'" she looked at her sibling's bodies, then the others that were strewn all around like party streamers. "An' you see fit ta slaughter muh family, and burn all I got left of muh daddy's..." She looked up again, shaking as fresh tears fell from her eyes...

She then asked a question... one simple question.

"Why?"

Havoc smiled and pulled out a small gun out of his saddle and held it in his hoof, it was something specially made to be used for hooves. he held it up, the silver metal glinting from the moonlight. "Business." Was her answer as he aimed it as her and fired, the blast knocking her down onto the ground.

Applejack laid on the ground, fading in and out of consciousness as she bled out from her wound. The figures surrounding her left her as they continued to lay waste to the farm, setting fire to anything and everything in sight. Havoc stared down at her, and began in a snide tone. "All you had to do was sign the agreement, and none of this would have happened Miss Applejack... this is all your fault really," a click sounded. "and as I said... it's just business, and you were on the wrong side."

*BANG*

Author's Note:

Heyo~
Yep... I did what you think I just did... I killed off all of the Apple family, a brutal slaughter fest... and I named the other family after a well known beer... because why the fuck not?

I'M POSTING THIS! JUST CAUSE I WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE WAIT!
//cries I'm so sorry, please kill me.
NO RAGRETS!