• Published 20th May 2015
  • 5,334 Views, 293 Comments

Light in the darkest hour - DerpyEngi and Redd

  • ...
23
 293
 5,334

Chapter 6: Nightmares

Unknown...

"John!" I heard a voice... It was, familiar.

"Johnny," There it was again, why is it so familiar?

"C'mon Johnny, wake up!" the voice called out again

Wait, I remember, Rose... I thought to myself, I could only remember her name, but not who she was.

Who is she calling out too?

"C'mon, I got a surprise for you!" Rose called out again as I felt something weakly shaking me.

I opened my eyes too see I was laying on a bed in a very familiar room, I turned around seeing a little girl smiling up at me.

"What?" was the only word I managed to speak before a flood of memories of this girl flooded into my brain.

Rose, Rose was my little sister and one of my best friends, even though she didn't know that.

She was sweet, happy-go-lucky, and brave, though she did sometimes get a little annoying, but that didn't matter she was my sister and being a little annoying wasn't going to change that. Her fear of heights was always a good tool to get her to shut it.

I groggily got up from bed stumbling a little bit. "What is it Rosie?" I asked, I was going to ask her so many things, but my body wouldn't listen to me.

Rose smiled and took my hand as she started dragging me down stairs into the living room, "Woah, what's got you in such a hurry?"

"It's a surprise!" she said, clearly excited herself. She dragged me to the living room were too older figures stood and a new flood of memories came back to me.

Mom? Dad? I asked myself then I realized something. I said "DAD!"

"Hey kiddo!" he said as the other me ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"I missed you, dad!" I said, still hugging my dad.

My dad hugged other me back and said, "I missed you too."

I thought about the situation for a little bit and came to the conclusion that this was a memory.

It was my 18th birthday.

The day my dad came back.

I was so happy, he had been gone for 5 years.

My dad was a tall and well-built man, he had black hair and blue eyes and a stuffy beard. He almost always wore a black T-shirt some blue jeans. My mom tried as she would to get him to wear something else but only succeeded on special occasions.

My mother on the other hand was a short blond with green eyes and she always kept her hair in a ponytail.

When me and my dad stopped hugging he signaled my mother to get something.

When my mother came back she had three gifts, one big blue gift wrapped in a yellow ribbon, and two green ones, one wrapped in a gold ribbon and the other in a blue one.

Rose was the first to hand me a gift. She gave me one of those tiny helicopters that you could control remotely. I hugged her and thanked her for the gift.

Then my mother handed me the green gift with the golden ribbon. In the gift there were some clothes. There were jeans, a T-shirt, and some boxers. I smiled as this was the same gift as every year, and I found it funny. I hugged her and thanked her for the gift.

My dad handed me the other green gift.

He gave me an old collection of action figures from when he was young.

Then I felt like I was being pulled away.

I pulled back.

I looked up at my father, his eyes were of shock and worry. "What is it, dad?"

The pulling got stronger, and I started losing my footing. "Just hold on!" my dad shouted as a wind started picking up.

"Dad! what's wrong what's going o--" my voice was caught in my throat as my voice changed to that of an animal.

I looked down at myself, only to see that I now had glowing white fur and I had shrunk down to a size of a cat.

"But I don't want to go! You just came back!"

I looked up at my dad who was now saddened.

I lost my footing, but my dad caught my arm, "John, you are a Hanson, and what do Hanson's do?" my dad asked me.

I stared at him, terrified. I didn't want to go, he just came back!

I don't want to lose him again.

I regained control over my body and I immediately grabbed my father's hand with my free arm

"They never forget, they never give up." he started as he started to lose his grip, my voice coming back to me.

My grip was slipping I couldn't hold on much longer and the force pulling me away was getting stronger

"A Hanson's pride, we have enough," I continued

"Now go in there and show them what you’ve got." My dad finished, he chuckled sadly, "Damn, that rhyme never gets better, does it?"

"Dad?" I asked, my voice becoming that of an animal's again.

"Mom? Rose!" I shouted as I looked around the room which was now a black empty void, my sister or mother nowhere to be seen.

"Look at me, John." my dad ordered.

I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"John, I need to ask you one thing before I go." he himself struggling to keep his composure.

I only nodded knowing that my dad wouldn't understand me.

"Do you remember this?" he asked as he used his free hand to show me a photo.

I looked at the photo, it was a picture of me in a red Basketball outfit holding a trophy with 11 other boys in the background.

I nodded. I remembered this. I was 15 at the time and we had just won the Youngsters competition.

My dad smiled weakly and said, "Good, my work here is done."

"What? What do you mean by work?" I asked frantically, trying to speak normally again.

A single tear fell from my father's eye. "Goodbye, son." he said sadly as he lost his grip on my arm and I got pulled into the void.

"No! DAD! NOOO!"I screamed as I fell into the black empty nothingness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ori's (POV) Philomena's room

"Ori! Wake up!" I head Philomena shouting.

"AAAAAAAHHHH!" I shouted back, waking up from my nightmare.

I looked around to see a dark cloud floating above me, a few seconds later it zoomed of.

I sat there taking in what had just happened, then I felt something examining me, I looked at the culprit who turned out was Philomena.

"Philly what are yo,--" I started but got cut off by her.

"Are you okay? What did it do to you? Can you hear me? Tell me many feather am I holdi--" I cut her off.

"Philly, stop! I'm fine!" I paused, trying to calm myself down.

I looked into her eyes and said, "I think I just remembered my family."

Author's Note:

I should... sleep... more:ajsleepy:

Author: Derpy Engineer HD
Pre-Reader: anonymous
Editor:Stellar Spiral