• Published 25th Jun 2015
  • 1,147 Views, 8 Comments

Keeping It Smooze - UniqueSKD



So how exactly did the rest of the night go for our slimy friend at the Grand Galloping Gala?

  • ...
9
 8
 1,147

Smooze Moves, Bro!

"Ah-huh! Yeah, shake it Smoozey!" Pinkie Pie said as she moved her body and legs to the rhythm of the party music. "Shake it like you mean it!"

Her gelatinous green dancing partner smiled. Smooze bobbed his form up and down and side-to-side to the music, enjoying every minute of it. He spun his entire body around, causing splotches of goop to be hurled everywhere.

Fortunately, everypony had wisely kept their distance away from Smooze while he was present on the dance floor, so the splotches fell onto the floor tiles instead of their dresses - much to the relief of one particular white unicorn mare. As quickly as they landed on the floor, the splashes of goop began slithering back towards the base of Smooze's body, becoming one and whole with him again.

Now that Discord's jealousy / attempt to throw an innocent hippie pony into an alternate dimension / hissy fit was over, everypony seemed to become more accepting of Smooze's presence at the gala now, having been shocked and disgusted at the creature prior to his arrival in the beginning. Things only worsened after he learned that Discord was merely using Smooze as an excuse to get back at Fluttershy, for having invited somepony named Tree Hugger as her plus-one instead of him, which didn't exactly please Smooze very much, as the attendees of the gala soon learned for themselves.

But now that he'd been calmed thanks to Tree Hugger's 'good vibes', and getting an apology from Discord himself, everyone was once again having a good time, especially Smooze. He was having the best night of his life so far, and he hoped that he'd be invited to attend this party again the next time it came around, and preferably under better circumstances then.

And Pinkie Pie was certainly enjoying his company the most, it seemed. There weren't a lot of ponies she knew of who could move so fluidly as Smooze. Then again, she didn't really know many ponies who literally were fluids themselves either. "Wow, Smooze! You've got some cool moves! I made a rhyme! I do that all the time! Tee hee hee!", she laughed as she bounced on her tail like a pogo stick around him.

Smooze nodded its 'head' as his mouth formed an open smile. "Gloop, gloop! Goop-goop-slur!" he gargled, trying to form a response. Which was quite difficult considering he lacked a proper tongue. And a proper throat. And vocal chords. But the sounds he made seemed to make sense enough to be understood by Pinkie Pie.

"Wait, this isn't you dancing at your best?" Pinkie Pie asked in surprise.

"Goop gloop, slur glub gloop," Smooze replied, nodding his 'head' as his smile grew wider.

Pinkie Pie narrowed her eyes and gave Smooze a playful smirk. "Well, now I need to see it to believe it," she said, crossing her forelegs.

In response to the pink mare's challenge, two thin tendrils of slime suddenly grew out from the sides of Smooze's body. Pinkie Pie watched in wonder as they coiled around his top hat and bow tie, pulling them off and throwing them aside - the bow tie landing in a bowl of punch, and the top hat out of an open window where it fell into a dumpster, landing perfectly on the head of a stray yellow cat.

The lights in the room then turned off. The musicians ceased playing their instruments as everypony stopped what they were doing and began murmuring in concern, confused as to what was going on. Suddenly, several spotlights hanging from the rafters came to life and shone all their light upon Smooze, who was now sporting a slick black wig and 80's style leather jacket...somehow.

A loud scratching sound filled the room as a record player suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and began to play its song, while Smooze moved his mouth to the lyrics miming the words.

Now I've...had, the time of my life...

Smooze slowly turned his body, stretching out his tendrils upwards.

No, I've never felt this way before...

Smooze slid across the floor a few feet towards a couple of unicorn mares, who recoiled back a bit in shock.

Yes I swear...it's the truth...

Smooze turned around and looked back at Pinkie Pie, her mouth agape, and flashed her an open smile.

And I, owe it all to yooo-oo-oo-ooou...

As the beat kicked in, Smooze then began slithering his way back towards the pink mare, shaking and rocking his body side to side in time with the beat, waving his tendrils as he moved closer to her. Everypony watched in awe as the slimy creature that had disgusted them not so long ago began to perform a flawless and perfectly executed choreographed dance sequence, all the while the spotlight followed his graceful movements...


The room let out a tremendous row of applause and cheering as Smooze approached the buffet table, wiping away the slimy sweat from his head. Numerous ponies came up by the side of him to compliment him on his performance, seeming to ignore the green slime left on their clothing from touching him.

"Where did you learn to dance like that!?"

"I've never seen such elegantly executed technique like yours in my life!"

"I loved you in the original first My Little Pony generation!"

Smooze embraced the praise he was receiving, shaking the hooves of the ponies gathering around him before dismissing them so he could help himself to some of the tasty snacks the banquet of the gala offered. As he began munching on an entire silver palette of chocolate eclairs, a white unicorn in a fancy tux and sporting a monocle began to approach him. At first Smooze thought it was the mare who he had consumed the gems woven into her dress come to take revenge, but he relaxed a moment later when he saw it was a stallion.

"That was the most amazing display of dancing I've ever seen in my entire life, good sir!" he praised heartily. "You simply must drop by the gentlecolt's club and meet some of my friends! They just have to meet you, ol' chap!"

Smooze swallowed another tray of treats as he considered the stranger's offer for a moment, and gave his response. "Glurp gloop glob," he replied happily.

The unicorn beamed with joy. "Excellent! We'll get together on Sunday then. Just drop by and ask the door boy for Fancy Pants, I'll make the arrangements with him to let you through." He turned and trotted off towards a very pretty pink mare by another table - most likely his wife. "Ta-ta until then, my good sir!" the stallion apparently named Fancy Pants called over his shoulder.

Smooze waved goodbye to him, and turned back to the food. He was about to take a tray with a large stack of apple pies when another pony walked up next to him. "Mister Smooze?"

Smooze turned to see an earth mare, her coat a reddish-yellow and her mane and tail a light warm orange. She had a deep rosy blush on her cheeks. "Um, I...just wanted to say you were amazing out there, and, um..." She turned her head away trying to hide her deepening blush. "And I was wondering if, you know...er...what I mean is, like....if you wouldn't mind, of course, um..."

Smooze tilted his head in curiosity. "Glub, slur?" he gurgled.

The mare held out a piece of paper and a pencil to him. " Will you...give me your autograph please?" she asked, her voice almost no louder than a whisper, a hopeful sheepish smile on her face.

Smooze smiled. "Glub gloop glop," he sputtered as his thin tendrils reached out and took the items from the mare, whose face suddenly lit up as an excited loud 'Squee!' sound was heard. Smooze brought the pencil to the paper, but hesitated for a moment. "Blub glop slur?" he asked the mare.

"Oh, please sign it to Wide Open Clear Skies," she replied.

If Smooze had eyes, he'd be giving the mare a strange look then. Ponies had such weird names. Still, he happily signed the piece of paper, leaving his name and signature mark (a blob of slime) at the bottom before passing it back to the mare, who grabbed it and held it close to her chest while hopping up and down on the spot.

"Oh my gosh oh my gosh I got an autograph from an amazing celebrity thank you so much thank you thank you! Eeeeeeeee!" Wide Open Clear Skies blurted out in glee as she turned and hopped away, giggling to herself.

Smooze turned back to the buffet table with a huge smirk on his gelatinous form. Two wet slimy tendrils reached out from the sides of his body and straightened his bow tie.

"Still got dem moves, son," Smooze said quietly to himself, before grasping bowl of potato salad and swallowing it whole.

Author's Note:

I don't know what to say about this one.

Insert a witty comment here or something.

My breakfast is plotting to kill me. IT'S A CEREAL KILLER!

Comments ( 7 )

6131990 Who says it wasn't Pinkie who said it? :duck: If not her, though it was probably :derpytongue2:.

Smooze got moves! Nice!

"I loved you in the original first My Little Pony generation!"
:rainbowlaugh:

6466652 (bows politely) You're welcome. And thank you for a-playing my game - I mean - reading my story!

Smooze nodded its 'head' as his mouth formed an open smile. "Gloop, gloop! Goop-goop-slur!" he gargled, trying to form a response. Which was quite difficult considering he lacked a proper tongue. And a proper throat. And vocal chords.

Never stopped the G1 Smooze. Then again, Nothing Can Stop the Smooze.

"Oh, please sign it to Wide Open Clear Skies," she replied.

"Still got dem moves, son," Smooze said quietly to himself, before grasping bowl of potato salad and swallowing it whole.

My breakfast is plotting to kill me. IT'S A CEREAL KILLER!

Will this ever get continued?

Login or register to comment