• Published 15th May 2015
  • 1,416 Views, 9 Comments

Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab - Donraj



100 to 500-ish word Rarilight Prompt Stories

  • ...
6
 9
 1,416

Safari by Donraj

Written by Donraj

“I’m tired!” Rarity whined. “It’s too hot! Why are there so many icky bugs? How much longer is it going to be?”

“Rarity,” Twilight said deadpan. “We’ve been walking for fifteen minutes.”

Rarity huffed out out a breath. “Well it’s not my fault we’re so far from a clock!”

Twilight wordlessly raised a hoof to show the waterproofed solar watch strapped just above her front right ankle. Rarity gave her a look. Twilight gave her a soothing wing pat before she could fall into a full-blown pout.

“Rarity, we’re guests here. Don’t be uncouth.”

That got her attention. Rarity stood straight and tossed her mane back.

“Very well, darling,” Rarity said with a martyr’s air. “A lady’s courtesy is her armor. Even if she wishes that armor came with air-conditioning.”

Twilight giggled. “Sorry Rares,” she said with a grin. “Environmental impact laws. Can’t risk damaging the local ecosystem with that sort of magic.”

Rarity winced at the sound of the ghastly nickname Rainbow Dash had given her. “A lady must endure, I suppose,” she said with all the dignity of a condemned mare marching to the gallows. “Really though, don’t you think Applejack or Rainbow Dash would have been better suited for this trip? Applejack loves sweat and dirt almost as much as she loves manual labor!”

“Well…” Twilight began just as their guide called from further ahead.

“Esteemed pony ambassador folk,” the young zebra said, “the Temple of Fertility and Love welcomes your expertise with hope!”

Twilight turned to Rarity and raised an eyebrow. Rarity raised a hoof to her mouth.

“Oh dear.”