• Published 15th May 2015
  • 594 Views, 16 Comments

Equestrian Fairy Tales - LyraAlluse

  • ...
1
 16
 594

Chapter Two: Mirror Mist in Canterlot Elementary School

Equestrian Fairy Tales

Chapter Two: Mirror Mist in Canterlot Elementary School

Once upon a time, there was a young filly named Mirror Mist who lived in Ponyville. She enjoyed taking books outside during the summer to read under a large tree. She often read under the tree with her sister Misty Blossom. Her cat Dinah often accompanied her as well. Dinah liked to curl up and sit in her lap when she was reading her books. On one occasion she fell asleep while reading the Grimm fairy tales under the tree and when she woke up, there was a grumpy looking bunny holding a watch standing in front of her and tapping his foot. She stared at it puzzled for a few minutes, until the cranky rabbit pulled her to her feet and pointed to a house in the distance.

She figured that the rabbit was trying to show her something, so she followed it to house that rested on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest. Mirror Mist recognized that the house belonged to Fluttershy and assumed that the bunny must belong to her as well. The bunny brought Mirror Mist inside and pointed toward a table where Fluttershy was setting up for afternoon tea. When she turned around and saw Mirror Mist she jumped a bit in surprise and said, “Oh my. I wasn’t expecting guests. What brings you here?”

Mirror Mist pointed toward the bunny and said, “He bought me.”

Fluttershy gave the bunny a stern look.

“Angel, what have I told you about bringing random people over for tea?”

The bunny shrugged and hopped away.

Fluttershy looked at Mirror Mist apologetically and said, “I am terribly sorry for all of this. Would you like to stay for tea just the same? I will be setting out the cake and refreshment soon.”

Mirror Mist politely declined and headed back home so her father and sister wouldn't be worried about her. But on the way back she noticed that the bunny, Angel, was hopping into the Everfree Forest.

“Hey! You shouldn't go in there. It is dangerous!” Shouted Mirror Mist, chasing after him.

Angel stuck out his tongue and continued to hop into the forest, with Mirror Mist chasing after him. Eventually he hopped into a large burrow checking his stopwatch as he went. Mirror Mist followed after him. As she crawled along she noted that it seemed like the burrow was almost going…down. Indeed before long, the burrow went deeper and deeper into the ground until it felt like she was heading vertical. All at once the ground broke underneath her feet and she felt herself dropping…somewhere. But where she was falling, she didn't know.

Around her were all sorts of miscellaneous household objects like bookcases, antiques, and clocks. She finally landed (notably without the other objects) on what appeared to be a sidewalk.

“Maybe I’m back in Ponyville.” She thought, surveying her surroundings.

But when she looked down she noticed that her hooves had changed into…claws maybe? But the claws were short and she seemed to have five of them.

“Curiouser and curiouser.” Said Mirror Mist, catching her reflection in a nearby puddle.

Her whole body had changed into a strange creature that walked on two legs. She wiggled her ‘claws’ and shook her new set of ‘hooves’ which seemed to be covered by a pair of dress shoes.

Around the same, another strange creature that looked similar to her, but older with long black hair took her hand.

“You are supposed to be in school young lady. Recess is over and you know you aren't supposed to go past the school yard. Come on then.”

Before Mirror Mist could protest, the lady took her into a building that looked a lot like the Ponyville school house. The lady with black hair dropped her off in a sixth grade classroom filled with other strange creatures that had the same claws she had and weird stringy manes.

The teacher of the class, Mrs. Adelson, gave Mirror Mist a look up and down and said, “I don’t remember you. You must be a new student. What is your name?”

“Mirror Mist,” she answered, still confused to what was going on.

“All right Mirror Mist, take a seat in front next to Cheshire.”

Mrs. Adelson pointed to a desk next to a young boy wearing a purple, striped hoody.

Mirror Mist did as she was told and as soon as she sat down she was met with a wide grin from Cheshire.

“Hi,” he began, still smiling, “My name is Cheshire. Cheshire Katz. But you can call me Chester.”

“Hello,” said Mirror Mist, more confused than ever.

Before she could ask any more questions, Mrs. Adelson started the class which turned out to be history. This proved useful to Mirror Mist as she learned more about the world she was in and also that the strange creatures around her were called ‘humans’.

After a few more lessons, the school bell rang indicating that classes were over for the day. The ‘children’ left the building, leaving Mirror Mist behind. She wasn’t sure what she should do so visited the school library, hoping to learn more about the world she was in by reading a few books. Chester noticed that Mirror Mist wasn’t leaving and followed her into the room.

“What are you doing?” He asked, the same large smile on his face.

“I’m getting some books for…a report.” Mirror Mist lied, hoping Chester wouldn't notice.

Chester shrugged.

“Suit yourself. I’m heading home.”

He turned to leave but before he walked through the door he said, “You can always ask me for help if you need it.”

Then he walked the rest of the way through the door leaving Mirror Mist alone in the library. Mirror Mist was about to check out the history section of the library when she saw Angel dart behind one of the bookshelves.

“Hey! It’s you!” She said, chasing after the rabbit.

He had crawled into a hole in the wall, partially hidden by one of the bookshelves near the back of the library. Mirror Mist followed him through it. She crawled for what seemed to be forever, until she felt like she was almost climbing upward. As she climbed, she could feel her body changing back into its original form.

Eventually, she emerged through an open manhole in the center of the road by Sugarcube Corner in Ponyville. She pulled herself up onto the road, relived to have found her way back home. She hurried back to her house, hoping that her father and sister were not too worried about her since she had been gone for most of the day. When she reached her house, she saw that her sister Misty Blossom was pulling some weeds out of the front yard.

“Sister!” She called, running toward Misty Blossom, “I’m home! I am finally home! I hope that you and father weren't worried about me while I was away.”

When she reached Misty Blossom, she gave her a big hug around the waist. Misty Blossom raised an eyebrow and said, “Worry? You were only gone for ten minutes. I figured that you were probably visiting one of your friends.”

Mirror Mist let go of her sister.

“Ten minutes? But, I was gone all day!”

“Uh, huh,” said Misty Blossom, rolling her eyes and returning to her garden work.

“Well you are back now. Do you want to help me with the weeding? It will go faster that way.”

Misty Blossom handed Mirror Mist a garden trowel and pointed to an area that needed to be weeded.

Mirror Mist simply nodded and began to help her sister tend to the garden.

“Perhaps it was all a dream,” she thought to herself, pulling out a row of weeds.

Somewhere behind her, Angel gave a mischievous grin, checked his stopwatch, and hopped off to return to Fluttersy’s home at the edge of the Everfree Forest.

Comments ( 14 )

I will be adding more stories as I complete them. These are just the first two in the collection.

Comment posted by mlpsuperfan deleted May 16th, 2015
Comment posted by LyraAlluse deleted May 16th, 2015

Author's Note: Not all of the stories in the collection will be set in modern Equestria. Only those stories that involve the mane six. These are only the first two stories in the collection. More will be posted soon. The reason I decided to have Mirror Mist travel to the Equestria Girls universe is because when I saw the Equestria girls movies, the concept of Twilight Sparkle traveling through a mirror reminded me a lot of Alice In Wonderland. So I decided to run with the idea for the Alice In Wonderland story.

Some of the fairy tales take place in modern Equestria because it makes sense to me, seeing as the mane six have done many praiseworthy things which most likely have ended up in various books in the world. So it makes sense to me that some ponies around the world might make stories about them, and maybe even fairy tales. I have at least ten stories for this collection in the works, but it is slow going because I am also working on another project at the same time, so just be patient. I'll get them up as fast as I can.

6007578 I am happy that you liked it. ^^ I have a lot of other chapters planed but they are kind of being put on hold at the moment so I can work on other stories. Thank you very much for the favorite as well. XD

Wait, who's Looking Glass?

As in,

Looking Glass did as she was told

6480429 Oh thanks for catching that. That was the name I originally had for Mirror Mist before I changed it. I revised that part of the story.

I love this! Seriously I swear your work should get featured because it is creative and awesome.

7762191 Thank you so much for the kind comment. I am happy that you are enjoying my stories. :)

7762463

You're welcome! I really do enjoy your stories! They're awesome!

7763499 I very much appreciate the compliment. And I am happy that you enjoy reading my stories. Keep on being awesome. :)

In the movie Hoodwinked the wolf said a line that ring true in this world.'Never trust a bunny.'

8023997 You've got to watch those bunnies every minute or they are up to something. :p

Login or register to comment