• Published 15th May 2015
  • 825 Views, 29 Comments

F.R.I.E.N.D.S of Equestria: Party Squad - ChaseTheChangeling



Vinyl Scratch is a super hero, and the villain is the last person she would suspect.

  • ...
5
 29
 825

Her Fate

Octavia sat, back straight as she looked over the crowd. Their bustling and hurried movements sending calming feelings over her. The house lights had yet to fall, as she watched a few other patrons clamber in. They were mostly aristocrats, their noses held high and hair freshly cut and done up for this event. Octavia never understood it, even as a child living with them, she never understood why they would dress so well for such a small concert. It was like paying for box seats at a neighborhood baseball game. She was a fine cellist, but it was only her ensemble today.

Octavia jumped a bit as she felt a hand grasp her shoulder. Turning quickly she saw the worried eyes of her friend, Harpo. His blue hair slightly messed, his dark blue jacket ruffled and his tie scrunched up a little out of it. Fredric scrunched his nose at the sight of Harpo, he shook his head and went back to checking the strings of his piano.

"Octavia..." Harpo began with a nervous voice. Octavia could only give a thin unsure smile before answering.

"Y-yes Harpo? What is it? You seem.... out of it?"

Harpo shook his head and tried to get her to stand up. Octavia, although unsure, let him lead her from her seat to backstage.

"H-Harpo? What is this about?" Octavia began slightly alarmed. She knew how to fight if this were to get too out of hand.

"Octavia, you are a dear friend... you know this right?" Harpo began a little less shaken up. Octavia nodded and gave him a concerned look, one of which Harpo quickly disregarded. "I don't think this is a safe place for you... They know...."

"Who knows what?" Octavia began to get a little more worried.

"They know that you're..." Harpo looked around and whispered the last part, "Mistress Strings..."

"Who!?" Octavia asked quickly before slapping her hands over her mouth. She turned back to the opening to the stage and turned back, whispering and trying to stay calm.

"Well, I can't really tell you who, but just don't perform tonight. I have a feeling someone might be here-"

"Yes... yes they are..." a deeper voice said from behind the two. Behind them was Fredric and Beauty, ignoring the still rustling crowd sure to upset at the prolonged absence of the ensemble.

"You should be more careful where you say these things..." Beauty added as she walked up to the two.

"We won't tell anyone... and since you are a friend, we could help you out." Fredric said in with a distant look. Octavia's heart began to race.

"What do you mean?" She asked in quiet panic.

"We are heroes, Beauty and I, we intended on telling you so that you may join us, but it seemed you had no powers, such a shame."

"Yes, it was a shame, but we had no idea you were such a villain in your town." Beauty added again, her hand resting on Octavia's shoulder. Harpo looked behind the three noticing another figure walking towards them. It seemed to be Noteworthy.

"Ah! Noteworthy! What brings you here?" Harpo asked quickly as he ran around the group to face the muscled man.

"Oh just here to see my favorite girl of course!" Noteworthy pushed past Harpo as he spoke. "Where is that girl? Someone is just dying to meet her!" Harpo grit his teeth. Inside the cave he had to behave and kiss ass, outside, he would do whatever he pleased, and knocking this douche out seemed pretty nice right about now.


--------------------------------


Vinyl stood at the door of the orchestra building in full White Unicorn costume, prepared for the worst. She had been told to help take down Mistress Strings for good. Vinyl still couldn't believe this was happening, it seemed like some blurry dream.
The courtyard to the theater was large, Vinyl's spot was behind one of the large trees lining the small path leading from the gates to the hall doors. A large fountain across from her in a small clearing surrounded by beautiful pink and blue flowers flowed steadily, another hero sitting behind it, she was almost sure.

The sudden sound of crashing and shouting echoed from the theater halls. A large stampede of people rushing out, and a large explosion from the back of the building caused Vinyl to jump up and look over. Two heroes she recognized as Black Keys and Bad Brass flew overhead, the man in a brown one piece with a black and white utility belt, black gloves and small rockets attached to his back, and Bad Brass with her long flowing brown hair and blue sailor scout uniform and knee high boots, her belt holding a small wand that Vinyl knew would turn into a staff if she did her weird dance moves right. Vinyl didn't like those two, they always seemed so strange.

Although the aesthetics of the two heroes amused her, there was one thing that caught her eyes quickly. In Black Key's arms was a thin figure, long black hair draped over her head and her grey vest and white collared shirt was visible as Black Key's turned to see another guy storm out of the building with a gun.

Noteworthy ran from the building, his hands shaking as he tried to shoot down the hero, his bullets missing each shot as Black Keys tried to spin and move from his cross-hairs. The sound of more feet rushing behind him as he emptied his gun on the sky. Black Keys narrowed his eyes as he heard the clicking of an empty round and turned to escape, only to be stopped by a woman with a dark mask and white suit appearing in a flash of blue before her.

"W-White Unicorn?!" He shouted, only to be punched in the face and lose his grip on Octavia. She plummeted to the ground with White Unicorn by her side, and Black Keys still reeling from the impact above her. This was it for her, White Unicorn was here, and she was sure that she would either die from the fall, or be captured and killed by her enemy. Octavia closed her eyes as the feeling of wind rushed past her ears and forced her hair back.

White Unicorn reached out her arm, grabbing Octavia from her fall, only to be greeted with her struggling.

"Don't you DARE touch me! This is YOUR FAULT!" Octavia screamed as White Unicorn held her close, concentrating her magic to teleport to the ground safely. When they had finally reached the grass below, Octavia stumbled from the hero's grasp, landing on her hands and knees to the grass and trying to catch her breath. That was a pretty close call, but her troubles weren't over just yet. Octavia looked up to see White Unicorn tower above her; her masked face looking down, no sign of emotion and her arms crossed. "I don't need your help..." Octavia hissed. White Unicorn only nodded and turned her back.

Vinyl was unsure, should she reveal herself to Octavia? That would make things harder than they already were. But she couldn't turn Octavia in either, that would be bad too. But she had broken so many laws, so many horrid things, there was no redeeming her at this point. Vinyl was so caught up in thought she had hardly noticed the sound of Octavia getting to her feet.

This was Octavia's last chance, she knew that hurting this woman would lead to Vinyl being pissed, but it was too risky keeping her here so close to her. Octavia looked over herself, a small paper in her pants pocket that held small scriptures, that would help. She grabbed it, looking it over as she smiled, it was weaker than her normal powers, but would help her at least fend off the other heroes long enough so that she could escape. She whispered under her breath cautious to the hero before. The power quickly overcoming her body with a viscous black goo, covering her face arms and legs. Before the spell had completed, White Unicorn turned quickly to see that she had been covered in her mysterious magic. It was much too late for her now.

"So..." Octavia hissed as the goo lifted her body, "You know my true identity, but that won't stop me..." the goo quickly quaked and shuddered as it grew, the power seeming stronger than she realized. More people began to run over as they noticed the event unfolding. White Unicorn grit her teeth and took a defensive stance, much unlike her normal poses where she looked more likely to send a punch or aggressive attack, but Octavia chalked it up to herself having the upper hand.

"D-don't do this..." White Unicorn pleaded as she watched Octavia begin to meld into the form more comfortably, at this point, the frail girl was encased in a thick glob of shadowy slime, her eyes growing red and the body moving at her will, several thick arms protruding from the sides as if she were in some horrid mech suit.

"Why? So that you can capture me and cause me more pain than you already have?!" Octavia began to grow more irate as she saw more people rushing to her, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE PUT ME THROUGH? All I wanted was to be happy, to make the love of my life happy! But you have to come along and FUCK IT ALL UP! You should be ashamed to even call yourself a hero! You are supposed to save people! But you're nothing but a stupid egotistical BITCH! A horrid heart breaker! All you do is take those people love and force them to love you! Is it so much to ask for to have friends? Love? Peace? NO! I CAN'T HAVE JUST ONE MEASLY BIT OF PEACE NOW THAT YOU'RE HERE!" Octavia's voice began to distort into a deeper, more demonic voice, she smiled as she watched White Unicorn grow uneasy below her gaze, her stance falling slightly, looking almost dejected. "But that will all change tonight... Tonight! TONIGHT WILL BE THE FALL OF WHITE UNICORN! AND THEN I'LL BE FREE TO LOVE WITHOUT SOME BITCH COMING AROUND TRYING TO RUIN ME!"

"You're jealous of me?" White Unicorn tried to shout, but the gross feeling in her stomach made her words slightly fumble. "Why? Don't you think she just enjoys this? The thrill of being a hero? What makes you think she's not in love with you?"

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HER!" Octavia shouted, quickly after swinging an arm to swipe the annoying hero away, her athletic body went flying, crashing into the side of the theater building. Octavia laughed as she watched the woman fall from her crash spot near the roof, a devastating one hundred foot fall. The clambering of other heroes shouting caught her attention, only a few, she had imagined many more would have arrived. Bass Trip stood farther away, near the fountain a goo fifty feet away, Filly Second and Muffin Head began their advance.

"TAKE HER DOWN!" She could hear a voice call from the side. As she turned to see who it was, she instantly recognized the man who had bothered her since collage, his large toned arms pulling out a riffle as her yelled. Black Keys was gone, as was Bad Brass, and about five other heroes she didn't know well advanced. Their strategy unclear.

"JUST KILL 'ER!" Bass Trip shouted as he was finally closing in the distance. Octavia huffed and jumped from her spot, leaving a large mound of goo all over the area. The tentacles swiped back and forth, swatting away heroes as they tried to punch or kick, all of them getting stuck, the body discharging them into a heap of the black stuff on the ground.

Vinyl sat up from her spot, a large crater left where her body made the impact. I hurt, it all hurt. Her body, her head, her heart. If only she had known this was what was going on, she would have stopped it long ago, but now there was nothing but fear, the fear of death by a girl she had always cared for, but never wanted to admit it. It seemed like some sort of stupid metaphor now, her being a hero, and the beautiful girl she cared about having turned into a raging beast trying to kill her. Vinyl shook her head and stood upright, seeing that Octavia was actaully rushing towards her. There had to be a way to stop this, but how would she? This was all too difficult. Octavia came even closer, she was almost within reach of those shadow tentacles. There had to be a way... a way to stop this, and everyone would be happy.


SMACK!


Another devastating blow to the hero from the arm of Octavia, causing her to fly almost the distance of the courtyard. Vinyl didn't even care anymore. This was it, she would die, and she would die by the hands of Octavia. It wasn't a horrible way to go. Vinyl's body crashed, the dirt giving way as her form skid across it. She lay on her side, whimpering as she tried to reason with the situation. Her body aching and bleeding. Her head was throbbing, all those other fights were jokes, Octavia never wanted to kill, and Vinyl knew she was spoiled before as a hero, never having to worry if she would live through an encounter with a foe. The sticky sounds of the goo advanced closer. Vinyl had to do something, anything would do!


SQUISH THUMP, SQUISH THUMP, SQUISH THUMP


The sounds grew closer, it was now or never, she would die or live, but based on her current state, she would be surprised if she even managed to stay alive for another hour. It would be a damn painful hour.

"IF YOU AREN'T DEAD YET," The distorted voice of a once loving Octavia shouted down to the helpless heap, "YOU WILL BE SOON.."


POW!


Nothing happened, Vinyl lay there, her body shaking as she lifted her head slowly from the dirt. Octavia was still there, but her body, as it stayed inside of the black goo seemed distressed. Octavia grasped at her torso, her face contoured in pain, her body twisting as if trying to escape.

Behind her was Bass Trip and Noteworthy. Both holding guns and aiming for Octavia. They were going to kill her. This was it, no punishment, no trial, she was going to be killed then and there. Vinyl stood up despite the feeling of knives and burning tar running though her body. She grit her teeth again and struggled to focus her magic.
Noteworthy held the gun up and tried to aim for her heart, Bass Trip going for the head. As Bass Trip steadied himself, he was thrown off by a quickly turning Octavia, her body still submerged into the goo. He retried his aim as she moved, this couldn't stop him.


THWACK!


Noteworthy fell from his stance and collapsed to the floor. His body slightly convulsed as he tried to recover, Bass Trip ignored his partner and opted to shoot the woman by himself. His aim lined up, but he turned as he saw the woman looking behind him with wild eyes.


THWACK!


Bass Trip feel to the ground as he was struck by his own partner, White Unicorn. She stood over him, her face one of sheer anger and pain.

"She wants you to leave her alone...." Vinyl whispered before looking up to Octavia. She was still bleeding, her blood mixing with the dark goo. Octavia didn't have time to really question what had just happened. She didn't even really seem to care. Octavia advanced again, her eyes narrowed and she came closer to the hero.

"What... are you doing?" Octavia hissed, as she leaned in close enough for Vinyl to see the pained details in her glowing red eyes, the pinprick pupils shaking.

"Trying to help...." Vinyl tried to say, a small dribble of blood soon falling from her mouth, "I care too much to hurt you... I should have just said something to you before.... from when we were in school together... I-I just didn't want to make anything too hard on you... I didn't even know if...." Vinyl stopped and opted instead to reach for her mask, Octavia didn't move, if this White Unicorn tried anything, she could still beat her down. Vinyl's mask fell from her face as she undid it, and ran her hands through her slicked hair, frizzing it, the electric blue falling into a familiar pattern around her head as it bounced, and those bright red eyes shimmered as she looked back up at Octavia, a noticeable change in her face present. Something akin to fear, pain, and heartbreak.

"V-Vinyl...." Octavia whimpered. This couldn't be... she hadn't even seen it, she couldn't have pieced it together? What was wrong with her! Octavia continued to mull over the situation, her heart beating faster as she realized all she had done to Vinyl. "V-Vinyl... why?" Nothing was said, nothing had to be said, only the few moments they shared.
Then she fell.

Vinyl's body had gone through enough. Enough stress, enough pain and torture, enough surprises. Vinyl's eyes rolled back as she collapsed into a heap on the ground beside the two unconscious men who had only moments ago tried to kill Octavia. No responses, no trying to stop her fall, she just... fell.

Octavia let her eyes scan over the mess she had made, the destroyed courtyard, the heroes still trying to free themselves from the shadow magic that encased them. There was no need to continue trying to fight. She had lost what she was fighting for, and it was all because of her. Octavia raised her hand, recalling the spell she cast, the goo receding and disappearing into thin air. She let tears fall freely from her eyes as they changed from the demonic glowing red.

The mess was cleared, the goo had gone, and she was left on the grass on her knees beside Vinyl, who was still slightly struggling in a doomed attempt to stand. Octavia reached an arm out to Vinyl, her own arm still in pain after having been shot in it; her gut bleeding heavily from beneath the now torn grey vest and white button up. The sound of Bass Trip clambering to his feet could be heard from behind her. She didn't care. She held Vinyl, hopefully she would be okay. Vinyl only gave a small smile, no words.

"You're under arrest!" Bass Trip yelled with a small pistol aimed at Octavia's head. Octavia didn't move. "Do you know your rights?" Again, Octavia sat there, a blank look, and not even a flinch. Bass Trip didn't bother with the cryptic crap Octavia was pulling, and opted to cuff her. Octavia gave little resistance, as far as she was concerned, she deserved it.
Only seconds later did the other heroes get to the scene, looking on in horror at the mess of blood and dirt that had scattered. Octavia whimpered as her arm was forced behind her back and cuffed to the other, the metal clamps placed much too tight around her wrist and pinched at her thin bones.

"So what happened here?" A woman asked as she walked from the crowd. She had dark skin, and long indigo hair with a purple and pink highlight running its length, a purple mask covered the top half of her face and there was a horn protruding from her bangs, a long tail that looked much like her hair coming from below a school girl skirt, and large purple angle like wings.

"I have captured Mistress Stings, Princess Twilight!" Bass Trip proclaimed in a proud tone. the woman looked down to the sobbing woman and nodded.

"Is that White Unicorn?"

"Yes it is Princess, this disgusting beast attacked her and-"

"Okay, all I asked was if that was her..." The woman called Princess Twilight interjected. "Is she still alive?" Octavia looked down at Vinyl as she tried to move again, only succeeding in turning her head and twitching a finger.

"I guess so." Bass Trip mused. Twilight was not impressed with his distance.

"Get her an ambulance, I'll take care of Mistress Strings." Twilight said pushing Bass Trip aside. He promptly grabbed a small device, almost like a cell phone, and called for medical back up. Octavia looked up at the Princess and frowned, what was going to happen now?

Author's Note:

Not done just yet!

I hope you guys enjoy this, and I plan to do many more stories, and remember to comment, tell me what you think, it helps me make better stories and I make them faster as long as I know people read them.

So, fun fact, the last chapter was the last complete chapter, so I had to hop on this one, and boy did I jump the shark here. The romance seems to be really swallowed up by action sometimes, but I think it's doing okay. One more chapter to go, and this one is D-O-N-E! Hhehehe... but the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. series won't be. I'll be sitting back and thinking about what to throw at my wall next for a story. Maybe the Adventures of Black Keys and Bad Brass?

Hey! Did you guys get any superhero references in this? I based quite a few of the heroes off of real ones, like Bass Trip is kind of like Robin, but a bit stupid, and Vinyl is a mix of Cyclops and Gambit, Octavia is Dr.Octopus, and Bad Brass is Sailor Moon! Sailor Moon isn't really a super hero, but she's still pretty cool! I didn't create Filly Second, but she's based on the Flash.

I'm super sorry for the weird perspective seizure that's been happening in this story, it would be easier to draw (If I had a program to do this! :flutterrage: ) because there is just so much going on at once!