• Published 18th May 2015
  • 9,165 Views, 570 Comments

World of Ponies: The Pony-Human War - ShadowWalking18



Three years after fleeing Canterlot. Catus and his people soon find themselves in a war they are sorely unprepared for.

  • ...
42
 570
 9,165

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13 - Pony: "Prisoners?" pt. 1

Scootaloo

Scootaloo laughed as she, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle tossed snowballs at one another. They had tried to get their cutie marks in snow sculpting, but then Sweetie Belle accidentally dropped snow on her...and then she had dumped snow down her jacket, and Applebloom had stuffed some down her hood.

After that things had gotten to the point where all three were now flinging snow balls at each other and laughing, their attempt at a snow sculpture long forgotten, and reduced to a pile of snow....no wait..it had been like that at the start.

'We really weren't gonna get our cutiemarks for that.' Scootaloo thought, throwing a snowball that got stuck on Sweetie Belle's horn.

"Ah! My horn." Sweetie cried, wiping away the snow.

Scootaloo giggled, until another snowball beaned her in the back of her head.

"Ha,ha, aye got ya Scootaloo." Applebloom called with a laugh.

Scoots smirked as she gathered up a bunch of snow to make a snow cannonball, "Yeah well watch out cause this ones coming for you."

Applebloom gasped, covering her head as she tried to find cover. Scootaloo followed, patting at her snow cannonball. It felt kind of odd to be playing in the snow in what should have been summer. Canterlot hadn't said they would have an extended winter this year, and it was causing a bit of fuss. Even Rainbow Dash had been irritated, saying something about obnoxious clouds not doing what they were told.

It was strange, the snow didn't seem to want to cooperate at all, and any attempt to stop it snowing was half successful at best. Scootaloo once heard her mother say something about Rainbow Dash and the Cloudsdale feather factory a two years back. Frankly Scootaloo didn't know what that was about, Rainbow Dash was too awesome to be at fault for something.

In any case, Scootaloo found she liked the extended winter. It gave the Cutie Mark Crusaders time to try more winter related cutie marks. Frankly Scoots still thought they should have tried extreme Snowboarding first before snow sculpture. If they wanted their cutie marks they had to start getting aggressive. After all it had been nearly three years and they still hadn't found theirs yet.

Scootaloo chased after Applebloom, taking a sharp right behind their snow sculpture...and stood before both her and Sweetie Belle, with a small pile of snowballs behind them and two in each hoof.

"What the-" Scoots said.

"Now is the winter of your discontent!" Applebloom said and she and Sweetie Belle tossed their snowballs.

Scootaloo got hit once, twice, three times. Four times. She stumbled back, the weight of the snow in her hooves catching up with her and she tripped back and her snow cannonball landing on her face.

Scootaloo shook her head as she got up, wiping the snow away.

"Hey, you ganged up on me." She said, giving the two a look.

Sweetie Belle giggled, and Applebloom had smirk before saying, "All is fair in love and war."

Scootaloo glared at her bow wearing friend, before smirking and bursting into laughter. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom joined her and the three laughed as they plopped onto the snow and looked up at the sky.

Despite the snow, the day was peaceful. Nothing could possibly ruin in.

"Think fast, Blank Flanks." A voice said, and Scootaloo saw their attempted snow sculpture fall toward them.

Scootaloo barely had time to move, as she registered the voice just as the snow sculpture fell on them, leaving them in a pile of snow they had to dig out of. And sure enough when they all did finally pop out of the snow, they saw the two fillies who had pushed it on them in the first place.

"Ugh, what do you want Diamond Tiara?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah, ya'll didn't have to go and push our sculpture over. Especially on us." Applebloom said, readjusting her bow.

"Yeah, what they said." Sweetie Belle said.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon stood before them, each laughing at them. Even after three years the two bullies didn't seem intent on leaving them alone. In fact, it only seemed to get worse as they got older. Now she had other ways of getting under their skin.

Especially hers. Diamond Tiara had seemed to take a personal interest on going after her at any time she could. Scootaloo crossed her hooves over her chest to glare at the two bullies.

Diamond Tiara just smirked superiorly at them, "Hmm, that was a sculpture? More like a lameculpture."

Scootaloo and the others just gave Tiara and Silver Spoon a deadpanned look.

"Wow, that was sooo creative. I guess that's the best you can come up with, with what little brains you have right?" Scootaloo said.

Diamond Tiara leveled her gaze at her, "Oh so the little Pegasus has some guts. Well I guess you had to have something big on you."

Scootaloo felt her face go hot, and she glared at Tiara, who was laughing into her hoof, with the other under her breasts.

"Well, I don't have time to spend my winter tossing words with some blank flanks. So I'll leave you children to your little games." Diamond Tiara said, turning to walk off. Silver Spoon followed at the two giggled to each other.

"Ugh, those two never grow up." Applebloom said, pulling herself fully out of the snow, and brushing herself off.

"I know. Still, I think her insults are getting rather overdone, don't you Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle said, turning to her friend.

"Scootaloo?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Scootaloo ignored her, her eyes focused on Diamond Tiara's back and glaring death. She was just getting so sick and tired of Diamond's insults and bullying. Her mother always told her to ignore such ponies, but Scootaloo was sick and tired of ignoring. She wanted to get back at Tiara, but how?

She had her cutie mark, of which she always liked to state the fact of. And she had a body that made all the boys in school drool over themselves, another fact that Tiara was quiet proud of and openly used to her advantage. None of these Scootaloo could use to get under Tiara's skin and get some well deserved pay back.

What was her weak point? Her aunt Flying Brick always told her that if you are going to fight somepony you should hit them at their weakest point. But what was Tiara's?

Scootaloo looked at her enemy hard, looking up and down, before her eyes settled on the one constant of Tiara. Her tiara. Scootaloo's eyes widened as she realized it. Diamond Tiara always wore that stupid thing everywhere she went, so much so Scootaloo thought for sure it was attached to her head.

'That's the weak point." Scootaloo thought, a devilish smirk coming to her lips.

"Scootaloo...what are ya thinking? Don't go doing anything crazy now." She heard Applebloom say.

Scootaloo chuckled, ignoring her friends as she pulled herself out of the snow fully and ran to grab her scooter. Tiara and Silver Spoon were on the road now, cleared for the hundredth time, which would give her the perfect zone of attack.

"Scootaloo..." Sweetie Belle warned, her voice concerned.

"Don't worry girls. This won't take long." Scootaloo said, fluttering her wings as fast as possible to pick up speed.

"Scootaloo! Don't-" Applebloom and Sweetie Belle began saying, but Scootaloo bolted off before they could finish.

Scootaloo picked up the distance between her and Tiara quickly, turning her scooter to skid past them and dump snow on them as her hoof reached out to grab at the tiara. Time seemed to slow, as Scootaloo watched with satisfaction as Tiara turned with wide surprised eyes as the snow hit her in the face, and her tiara snatched clean from her head.

Scootaloo laughed as she kept going, her prize in her hoof. She would go dump this stupid thing someplace Tiara would never find it. Maybe she could use its location as some well deserved blackmail after what Diamond Tiara did to them during the Gabby Gums fiasco.


Diamond Tiara

Diamond Tiara, felt rather good of herself this winter. She had just managed to add Rumble to her little entourage of colt and filly servants. Over the years she had gotten quiet good in making the boys, and some of the girls, at school do whatever she wanted. Truly she was blessed to be gifted with not only a superior cutie mark, but also an equally superior body.

And she had also managed to dig under Scootaloo's skin, which was a pluse. While it was always good to tease the Blank Flank trio, she found Scootaloo to be the most fun. But like all good things she had to leave it and move on with her day.

'I suppose I better go see if Truffle Shuffle is finished with my homework.' She thought. She had also a number of other appointments to keep, and a spa trip with Silver Spoon. It was rather hard being beautiful and popular.

But before she could consider further of her day, she heard a buzzing noise that made her stop and turn just in time to see Scootaloo skid past her, a mountain of dirty snow slamming into her as the flightless Pegasus past her.

"Aaah!" Tiara screamed, falling onto her flank as she brushed the snow off her, "Why that no good flightless freak!"

Diamond Tiara growled as she brushed snow out of her perfect mane, when she noticed something.

"What?" She said, patting at her mane.

It was gone. Her tiara was gone!!!

"Tiara are you okay?" Silver Spoon said, getting up and helping brush the snow off her.

Tiara didn't say a thing as she looked on the ground, not seeing her tiara. Then she realized, and looked off toward Scootaloo, seeing a faint glint.

"She has my tiara!" She said with a growl, earning a gasp from Silver Spoon.

Diamond Tiara growled, her vision going red as her eyes were in figurative sense replaced with target marks.

"Get back here Blank Flank!" She growled and charged after her prey.

"Tiara wait!" Silver Spoon called, but Diamond Tiara had left her in the dust as she moved to get her prized possession back from Scootaloo.


Scootaloo

Scootaloo laughed as she buzzed down the road. She finally felt happy, knowing that she had gotten back at Tiara in the best way possible. She turned her head to give a look back at the bully, confident she had left her in the dust.

But her eyes bulged and her heart leaped into her throat as she saw Diamond Tiara running after her, and closing the gap with speed to leave a snow trial behind her. Her eyes had a murderous intent in them and Scootaloo refocused on the road and buzzed her wings for all they were worth.

"Yikes!" She screamed.

"Get back here!" She heard Diamond Tiara scream, closer.

Scootaloo felt herself sweating. She didn't think Diamond Tiara would react in this way.

It was rather scary. Scootaloo had to find a way to lose the filly, cause Scootaloo knew that even though Tiara didn't like getting dirty, she was still an Earth Pony and thus naturally far more stronger then her. Scootaloo wasn't really looking for a demonstration of that.

She looked for any possible way to escape, and finally spotted a place she could go that she was sure Tiara wouldn't go into. The Ever Free Forest.

True it wasn't safe, but most of the creatures there would be asleep in the winter, and she wouldn't have to go far. If she was lucky she could duck inside Zecora's for a few till the heat wore down. Besides Tiara wouldn't dare follow her there. Odds were Scoots could hide behind a tree near the border and wait till Diamond Tiara went away. No risk at all.

Scootaloo jumped from her scooter, letting it crash into some piled snow. She would have to abandon it for now, as it wouldn't be of any use over the deep snow covering the field between the road and the forest. She ran for all she was worth, and glad that she was at the top of her class in gym. But Tiara was still able to keep up, and now was just right behind her.

"When I get my hooves on you!" Tiara threatened.

Scootaloo kept running, holding onto the tiara as she leaped into the forest and over a bush. She kept going a bit, and turned to see Tiara stopped at the edge of the forest, screaming at her.

That sadly wasn't the case. In fact, as she turned, Scootaloo saw Tiara leap at her and plow right into her, sending them both rolling onto the snowy ground. Scootaloo gasped and screamed as she felt Tiara swipe at her with her hooves, trying to grab the tiara. Scootaloo growled and fought back, trying to push the wild filly off of her.

The two of them rolled around, before Scootaloo felt them falling off a ledge and hitting the ground with a burst of powdery snow. She felt Diamond grab the tiara and pull, giving her a hoof to the stomach that caused Scootaloo to let go and hold her stomach in pain.

"Ha! That will teach you!" Diamond Tiara said, placing her retaken prize back on her head. Scootaloo growled, looking at her.

"You had it coming you big breasted whorse!" Scootaloo spat as she got up.

"What did you call me!?" Diamond shrieked, glaring at Scootaloo, who glared right back.

The two growled, and Scootaloo felt sure that Tiara was gonna leap at her when they both heard a low roar in the distance. Diamond and Scootaloo's ears swerved to the location of the sound, remembering where they were. Diamond gave a slight scream and Scootaloo found the filly grabbing her close as she looked around with wide eyes.

Scootaloo was also holding her, herself looking around for the creature that had made the roar.

"Uh..S-Scootalo...w-what was that?" Diamond Tiara asked, her voice afraid.

"Uh...I-I don't know....a cyote?" Scootaloo asked, though she doubted it. She didn't know what lived in the Ever Free. It could have been anything.

"What do they eat?" Diamond asked.

Another sound of a creature in pain that went silent suddenly echoed from the woods and caused Diamond and Scoots to hug each other tighter as they looked around faster.

"Uh...one of those...." Scootaloo said with a gulp.

Scootaloo looked around, feeling hundreds of unseen eyes on her suddenly. She looked at Diamond and whispered.

"L-look if we stay as quiet as possible, and move as quick as we can...we can get out of here without attracting uh...company." She said, slowly letting Diamond go.

Diamond Tiara nodded and the two slowly began tip-hoof back, seeing a path the led up a small ledge that Scootaloo assumed was the one they fell from.

The two had gone a few feet, before the bushes rustled, snow falling from their leaves and the two stopped dead in their tracks as they saw a monster appear in front of them.

It was a huge wolf, if a wolf had only one eye. It was giant, capable of staring down a full grown stallion no doubt, and its fur was black as night. It had two sharp sabre teeth, and lots of teeth and sharp claws.

The one eyed wolf stared at them, and they back at it. Scootaloo could see Tiara shaking in fear and she felt herself shaking a bit as well.

The wolf gave a growl then a howl, which was received by other howls which sounded very close.

"AAAHHHHH!" Diamond Tiara screamed, and turned to run in the opposite direction. The wolf leaped at them, and Scootaloo turned to run with Diamond.

The two ran as fast as they could, and Scootaloo saw the black shapes of other wolves coming at their sides as the first followed behind them. Scootaloo began to panic and tried to look for any signs that told her they were near Zecora's. If they could make it to Zecora's hut they would be safe. But all she could see was the forms of more giant one eyed wolves surrounding them.

Another howl, and another large wolf leaped out in front of them, snapping its jaws at them, forcing Diamond and her to stop in their tracks. Diamond shrieked and she grabbed Scootaloo close as she and her looked at the pack of wolves that now surrounded at them, leaping and snapping at them.

'This is it? It this how it ends?' Scootaloo thought with horror. As she saw one of the wolves stop its testing and leap at them, with wide open jaws.

Diamond Tiara screamed. Scootaloo screamed and the two held each other tight. Scootaloo closed her eyes, and thought of her family and friends.

But then something gave a loud scream, and Scootaloo heard the wolf gave a pained yelp. Scootaloo opened her eyes, seeing Diamond do the same and the two of them stared with wide eyes at something they had never expected.

It was a human. It stood taller then them, and wore what looked like furs to cover itself. The human stood in front of them, but turned every so often to put itself in front of the wolves. In its hands it held a spear, and a shield on its arms. The human said something Scootaloo didn't understand.

Scootaloo couldn't even begin to comprehend what was happening, when she saw the rest of the wolves growl and move to attack them and avenge their pack mate, when her hears picked up more screaming. The wolves heard it too, and everyone turned toward an area of the trees where the screams came from.

From out of the forest burst more humans, all dressed the same and wielding spears and bows with arrows. The humans howled something akin to a war cry as they charged the wolves. The wolves howled and leaped to attack the humans and Scootaloo soon found herself, clutching to Diamond Tiara in the middle of a fight between humans and wolf monsters.

Could the day get any stranger?

Author's Note:

Cause every fic needs a two parter to make it official :P

Also I just realized I can't write dialogue for bullying.

I can write it for fighting and other things like two enemies hating each other. But Bullying is...just hard to write. Maybe cause I'm too much of a nice guy at heart. -_-

So if the bullying part of Diamond Tiara seemed.....lacking...that's probably why.

PreviousChapters Next