• Published 13th May 2015
  • 4,463 Views, 22 Comments

You Gave Me Nothing! - twilightsparkle3562



Discord confronts Tirek about offering something more valuable than friendship

  • ...
3
 22
 4,463

Reflections of a Troubled Draconequs

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic,” or its characters. They are property of Hasbro and DHX Media.

“You Gave Me Nothing!”
By TwilightSparkle3562

Chapter 1

“Reflections of a Troubled Draconequs”

Discord sat in his thinking tree, continuing to reflect on the events with Lord Tirek. Although he had been forgiven by Princess Celestia for his actions, he still felt a sense of guilt in him that needed to be purged. It was a guilt that was fueled by anger, anger that Discord had been carrying inside of him. Ever since he was reformed, Discord had learned that once he had a friend, he would not want to lose it. When he encountered Tirek and heard what the demonic centaur had to offer, he enforced the lesson he learned while he was being reformed.

Unfortunately, it was for the wrong reasons as Tirek had not only offered him his friendship, but also the freedom to cause chaos. It was a decision that Discord had come to regret for the rest of his life and he wanted nothing more than to see Tirek again and give him a piece of his mind. Producing a television with his magic, Discord showed the moment where he and Tirek captured Fluttershy and her friends in Ponyville.

“How could you do this?” he heard Fluttershy say on the television, remembering how he had hurt her feelings while they were inside the cage. "I thought we were friends."

“Oh, we were,” sneered Discord on the television. “But Tirek offered me more than just tea parties. Surely you can see that?”

“I didn’t, I really didn’t,” sobbed Fluttershy into Applejack’s arms.

Discord couldn’t take anymore and shut off the television and made it disappear. Seeing what he had done had made him sick to his stomach. He knew that he had caused a lot of damages and that Tirek was a main cause of it.

In the days following Tirek’s re-imprisonment, he had dedicated himself to try and fix everything that he had broken. Recently, Discord had been in Canterlot to try and restore all the stained glass windows he had desecrated with his chaotic magic. It was during this time that he was confronted by Princess Celestia and he explained to her why he did what he did.

“Discord?” called a timid voice and Discord looked down to see Fluttershy coming towards his tree.

“Coming, my dear Fluttershy,” replied Discord, trying to hide what he was doing. Floating down from the tree, he approached Fluttershy and hugged her like a normal friend would. “What brings you here?”

But Discord could see that Fluttershy looked concerned and knew that she was going to catch on his feelings eventually.

“I’ve just been worried about you, Discord,” said Fluttershy, looking up at the ex-master of chaos. “Ever since Tirek was sent back to Tartarus, you’ve been acting…different. Would you care to tell me what’s wrong?”

Discord let out a heavy sigh and flew off to a nearby cliff that overlooked the site where Twilight and Tirek had their fight, not far from Celestia and Luna’s old castle. The sun was just about to set as Luna was seen using her magic to raise the moon. Fluttershy followed Discord to the cliff and sat down next to Discord while she listened in to what Discord had to say.

“Sorry, I’ve been acting strange, Fluttershy,” sighed Discord, looking out on the landscape. “It’s just that I can’t stop thinking about what I have done while I was allied with Tirek. That moment where I imprisoned you and your friends in that cage, well, I just can’t get it out of my head.”

Fluttershy knew exactly what Discord was talking about. Up until the moment Tirek betrayed Discord, she felt like Discord had stabbed her in the back. All the times that they had together had seemingly gone out the window and Discord would once again become an enemy of Fluttershy and her friends.

“But, you did apologize for what you did,” remarked Fluttershy, looking back to her friend. “I’m pretty sure most of Equestria has forgiven you.”

“Not everypony will forgive me,” sighed Discord, sadly. “Twilight’s brother from what I hear, wants me to pay dearly for what I’ve done. But, there is something else that I feel like something needs to be done.”

“What? What do you have to do?” asked Fluttershy as a gust of the cold sunset wind blew at them. In an effort to keep Fluttershy warm, Discord produced a scarf and placed it around Fluttershy’s neck.

“I would like nothing more than to go to Tartarus and express to Tirek my feelings about being used,” replied Discord. “All I ever wanted was a true friend, Fluttershy. I realize now that you and the other pony friends of yours are the true friends I have been searching for. Tirek needs to know how I feel.”

Of course, deep down, Fluttershy was against the idea and wanted to object to the idea of Discord going to Tartarus alone. After all, she remembered that Twilight and the other princesses had gone there to offer him a chance of being reformed like Discord, only for Tirek to coldly denounce the idea and proclaim that he would rather stay in Tartarus than befriend the creatures that his brother had. But Discord was her friend and that she would much rather honor Discord’s wishes than argue with him about this idea of his.

“I wouldn’t go if I were you, Discord,” said Fluttershy. “But, if that is what you want then…”

Fluttershy had trouble finishing her sentence, but knew that she had to let Discord do this. All her life, she had always been the timid one and the recent encounter with the Breezies taught her to be strong and let events come and go as they please.

“I hope you understand what I am doing, Fluttershy,” said Discord as they hugged together once again. With a snap of his fingers, Discord disappeared and left Fluttershy alone on the hill, determined to let Tirek know what he thought about being used.