• Published 14th May 2015
  • 513 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Zombie: Friendship is Dead Season 4 - Nortes432 ft Spitfire



"I am Zeinvolfe, but ozers pronounce it Zeinwolfe. Ha, zey speak funny. Anyvays, I am one of ze few survivors of ze zombie epidemic. I follow Princess Sparkle and Rainbov, who I trust ze most. Our goal? To kill ze one who did this to us. Ve vill."

  • ...
6
 19
 513

S4E01: You've Got Mail, Pt. 1

Author's Note:

The ponies, after spending some time in the Castle of the Two Sisters, prepare to go on their quest to find Discord.

"You know, Twilight, I still can't get over the fact you let her go." Rainbow said as she followed Twilight through the hallway. "She killed Princess Luna!"

"Well, yes and no. It was that changeling that killed Princess Luna." Twilight said. She frowned. "And...you killed it...right?"

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Yeah...I did." She said, clenching her teeth. Rainbow still wore Applejack's cowboy hat, which she had reclaimed from the changeling impostor after killing it.

Twilight nodded. "And now...I'm the last princess. I'm now in charge...of Equestria..." Twilight stopped. "That's...frightening..." She said slowly. She took a deep breath and shook her head. "Never the matter. Either way, we still have to finish this."

"But...what about Chrysalis?" Rainbow asked, stepping in front of Twilight. "What if she does come back?"

Twilight sighed. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend. If she truly sees like we do, she'll help us. If not..." Twilight tapped her scythe on the floor. "We'll be waiting for her."

Rainbow smiled slightly. "I'll take your word for it." She said.

Secret approached the two. "Princess Twilight. Rainbow Dash." He greeted with a warm smile.

Twilight blinked. "Well...look who's being formal..." She said, staring at Secret with a slight disbelief. Rainbow let out a small chuckle.

Secret bowed slightly. "Well, last it mattered, I was the Captain of the Royal Guard." Secret told her. "And I figured, as such, it is my to my entire effort that I must protect the last princess of Equestria." He said this in the most serious yet warming tone he has ever had.

Rainbow looked at Twilight. "He has a point." Rainbow said.

Twilight smiled brightly. "Well, I'm honored." She said, giggling softly. Secret smiled once more in a warm way. Rainbow shook her head and laughed, a sort of bright laugh that she hadn't gotten to do in the longest time.

It was the little things.

Later that day, the survivors gathered around a fire that Keynote and Rainbow made. Keynote talked about how she has been living in the Everfree since the outbreak. How Zeinwolfe had saved her from the cocoon long before Twilight and her friends showed up.

Each of them told stories about their adventures before and after the outbreak. They even told jokes and scary stories. Scootaloo pretended to not be scared, but the ponies knew. In fact, Scootaloo got used to the scary stories after a while.

"Coco, right here, took down five zombies, five of them! In one shot!" Zeinwolfe said, patting Coco's back. Coco blushed in embarrassment. "He's telling the truth. But, Zeinwolfe, you did take out an entire town of crazed murderers." She said back.

Zeinwolfe nodded. "Ja, I did, but I am a trained assassin. I've done this for years." He shot back.

Coco narrowed her eyes. "I'm a trained guard. I've been sniping for years. I could probably shoot through ten zombies. I could probably shoot through 10 living ponies!" She said, lifting her chin in defense.

"Hey, you two!" Secret said, cutting them off. "Once you learn how to shoot a double barrel sawn-off shotgun while blind, then you earn my respect." Secret told them. Zeinwolfe and Coco simply looked at each other, and laughed.

Intro

The ponies were to take one last rest before leaving the castle. Everypony slept near the fire, using pillows they found around the castle, along with other things they recovered. Keynote had shared a sleeping bag with Scootaloo. The two young mares slept in the sleeping bag, back to back. Rainbow slept face-up, Applejack's hat covering her face. Her katana was by her side. Zeinwolfe was near her, sprawled out with one hoof on his stomach. Spitfire slept on her side, her hoofguns sheathed. Coco had cuddled up to her rifle as if it were a loved one. Zecora slept with her head between her hooves.

Secret was on guard duty. He sat near the fire as he waited for either something to happen, or his shift to end. He jumped a bit when he felt a hoof touch his shoulder. "You're still awake." Secret said as Twilight sat down next to him.

"I can't sleep well." Twilight told Secret, shaking her head.

Secret blinked. "Is something bothering you?" He asked, blindly staring at the fire.

Twilight shrugged. "I don't think so...I mean, other than the fact that Discord is behind this all. But that...that's not it..."

Secret turned his head a bit. "What do you mean?" He asked her.

"It's just...I have....It's about....I know I..." Twilight stuttered, trying to speak.

"Oh, I see." Secret said, nodding in understanding.

Twilight looked at him. "Really?"

"Yeah." Secret said. He took a stick and poked the fire with it. "You're having trouble being the last princess of Equestria. With Celestia and Luna gone, the entire power of Equestria rests in your hooves." Secret flicked his ear. "Given, I'm technically still Celestia's only living family. And you, the last princess. You're not alone. It is my duty to assist you in any way possible in containing the power of Equestria."

"N-no!" Twilight said, stopping Secret before he could continue. "That's not it either."

Secret rose his head and looked at her general direction. "Oh? Then what is it?"

Twilight took a deep sigh. "Do you think I make good choices, Secret?" She asked, looking at the fire.

Secret looked back towards the fire and thought for a moment. "For the most part." He answered, nodding.

Twilight was silently for a moment. "So you think going after Discord was the right choice to make?" She asked.

Secret thought for a couple seconds. "We don't know yet. It seems reasonable." He answered. "Where are you going with this, princess?"

The purple mare closed her eyes. "After this...if we defeat Discord...after we cure Equestria of the zombie outbreak..." She looked at him. "We've come a long way, Secret. And I don't want to lose it now." Secret was generally confused, looking at Twilight's direction. "Secret...I need more than just a guard." She said, blushing a bit.

"You're not saying..." Secret said slowly, tilting his head.

Twilight placed her hoof on Secret's hoof. "I remember when 'Applejack'..." She said Applejack with a sort of disgusted attitude. "...Used to tease me about how I acted like I was in love with you or something." Twilight laughed softly and awkwardly. "And...I didn't believe it at first. But...she was right. I actually do really like you." Twilight said.

Secret blinked and shook his head. "I'm sleeping." He mumbled.

Twilight giggled softly. "No, Secret. You're awake." She said. She leaned over and whispered something into his ear. She then nuzzled his cheek and stood up, trotting away quietly.

Secret tried his best to hide the blush on his face.

The next morning, when Spitfire was on guard duty, she went around and woke up the ponies one by one. When she came to Secret and Twilight, the two were next to each other. Spitfire smiled slightly. "Get up you two!" She called. "We have to leave soon!" She told them. Secret and Twilight opened their eyes. Twilight stared at Secret for a couple of seconds, then blushed a bit. She got up and helped Secret to his hooves.

The ponies were ready to go. They packed what the could. Bags slung over every individual's back. Even Scootaloo, who claimed to be old enough to handle duties.

Twilight stepped forward, Secret by her side. "Alright. We all know what we're going after, so we don't need to repeat anything." Twilight said to the ponies, looking around at them. "Just a small reminder. The pony next to you is family. The pony behind you is family. The pony in front of you is family. We are all family, from now till the end. You look out for your family, you carry your family, and you bury your family in the highest possible respects." Agreement rippled through the room. "Now, we're off...to find Discord."

Twilight turned and began to leave. They walked out of the castle and across the drawbridge. Twilight and Secret in the lead. Spitfire and Rainbow took the sides, protecting Keynote and Scootaloo. Zeinwolfe and Coco took the back.

As soon as Twilight had finished crossing the drawbridge, she stopped. The sound of something flying overhead could be heard. The ponies drew their weapons and looked up. Something shot overhead, too fast for them to see clearly. Something began to fall from the sky, something that the flying thing had dropped.

A letter floated to the ground at Twilight's hooves. Ponies began to gather as she picked up the letter.

"What is it?" Coco asked, limping up to them.

Twilight gulped. "It's him."

The ponies looked at the letter. It was sealed with a red, the letter D on the seal.