• Published 13th May 2015
  • 2,371 Views, 45 Comments

A Wedding to Remember - Candy-Sweets_12



Follow the stories of Sweetie and Button Mash as they share their trip to the gala, meeting each other's families, and more.

  • ...
7
 45
 2,371

Meeting the Family

*Knock, Knock*

"Babs! You made it." Sweetie exclaimed as she embraced her friend.

"Are you kiddin' I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world. Now where's the lucky groom?" Babs said as she looked around for Button Mash.

"Over here." Button said as he looked up from his laptop.

"I'm going to get Sweetie over to Rarity's, so if I'm not interuptin'...." Babs said with a questionable tone.

"I don't mind, I'm too busy adding the last few touches to this game anyway. See you later Sweetie Belle. "Button said as he waved to the leaving mares.


"Hello Sweetie, Hello Babs." Scootaloo said as the two entered Rarity's boutique.

"Hold still." Apple Bloom said as she unwound the tape measure.

"Hey cuz." Babs said to Apple Bloom. Who ran up and embraced her cousin.

"It's been so long." She said as she tightened her hug around the mare.

"It's only been a couple of months since the last reunion. But I had to get here, as soon as I saw the newspapers...."

"NEWSPAPERS!?" All four mares(Rarity included who had just came in.) exclaimed

"Oh. I forgot to tell ya," Babs pulled out a copy from her saddlebag and showed it.

"Breaking News, Famous singer and game designer to be married," Sweetie read aloud.

" Congrats Sweetie Belle, you're in the papers." Rarity said.

"This is a lot to take in, this means that some celebrities will be there," Apple Bloom said. As she wrote down Scootaloo's measurements.

"I hope that we have enough room to get everyone in." Sweetie said with a worried tone.

"Don't worry" Scootaloo said. "We've dealt with popularity before, with my Wonderbolts shows, Apple Bloom's popularity as a designer, Babs' famous work, Twilight and her friends, it goes on and on."

"Then I'll have to make arrangements with Pinkie and Cheese." Sweetie said. Rarity then chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Babs asked.

"I was thinking that you look just as worried as Button was when he first asked dad for courtship." This sent off a reaction of giggles from the mares as old memories surfaced.


Button approached the doorstep. 'Ok Button, all you have is ask if you could date Sweetie Belle, in and out, just like a secret mission. You got this.' He said as he knocked on the door. As soon as he saw the stallion, his face grew pale.

"Yes?" The stallion said.

"Um... hi mister, I was just wondering if I could..." He stopped when he saw the stallion held his hoof up.

"Come in Button Mash." He said. the young stallion quickly did as told.

As he was lead down a hallway, he noticed all of the pictures of Rarity and Sweetie Belle. He first saw Rarity, from a foal to filly, to getting her cutiemark and then Sweetie's age, and finally FancyPants and her. Then he saw Sweetie Belle's. From Rarity holding her as a foal, to filly and then cutiemark, and so on. He took notice at how her dad was with her and Rarity in a lot of photos. 'He must really love them as much as a father could.' Button thought.

The stallion chuckled as he saw Button take notice of the photos, especially the ones of him and Sweetie Belle.

They sat on the couch together.

"Me and my girls are very close, no matter how different we may seem, I love them and will protect them from any harm." He looked at Button Mash." I'm guessing that you came here to ask for courtship with my daughter?" The stallion said, smirking at how he said exactly what was on Button's mind.

"Yes, how'd you know?" Button said stunned.

"Believe it or not, I was in the same position you're in when I asked to court with my wife. Can you believe it, a star quarterback for the school with the greatest hoofball team, nervous?" He said with a chuckle.

Button laughed nervously "Yeah, hard to believe..."

This earned him a friendly punch on the shoulder, which almost knocked the young stallion over.

"You're alright kid, you can date my daughter,"

"Yes!"

"On one condition." The stallion said with a smile.

"Ok, whatever you ask, I'll do it. For Sweetie Belle."

"You must make sure my daughter is always happy, make her laugh, give her the respect she deserves, and treat her like the true princess she is. Got it?"

"Got it! Thank you so much!" Button was about to sprint out the door but was stopped by a strong and sturdy hoof. This made Button stop smiling and immediately fear the older stallion. He was turned around and in a stern voice was told." You better not break her heart, if she comes home with the slightest frown, I'm going to regret my decision."

Button gulped. " Y-Yes sir,"

"Good."

He let Button go and he shot straight out of the house, with a thunder of laughter behind him.


"...And then dad said his tail was in between his legs." Sweetie giggled.

"That's quite the story there." Apple Bloom said as she and Rarity finished the final sketches.

"What about you Babs, got any special someponies?" Rarity asked with a smirk.

"Nah, I ain't seenin' anyone right now." She simply answered.

"And how are things going with you and Rumble?" Rarity asked Scootaloo.

"You know, we moved in together, went to his brother's wedding, practiced with Rainbowdash in the Wonderbolts, other than that nothing new." She said.

"And Pipsqueak and I just attended BigMac and Cheerilie's anniversary dinner. Other than that, nothing new for me."

"How long have you all known each other?" Babs asked.

"Since we were twelve, we became friends, when we were around fourteen, we dated and hung out as a group, around the same time Diamond Tiara made up with us. So, about ten years." Scootaloo said.

"Well I'm glad that my little sister and her friends are having wonderful lives." Rarity said in a sad tone.

"C'mon Rarity, you're living a happy life too, you've got an eight year old son, a three year old daughter, and you're only 30." Sweetie said.

"29' The mare corrected."You're point?"

"Your life is just as happy as ours, all of your friends have husbands and kids, and they're all coming to the wedding, and the way you said our happy experiences made you sound... like it wasn't enough." Sweetie Belle explained.

"Oh goodness no, of course I'm happy with my life, I'm just happy about yours. And my son is eleven and a fourth." The mare corrected.

"Speaking of which, I need to ask Pinkie and Cheese to find a bigger place for the wedding." Sweetie said.

"One thing at a time, just relax, we can't have the star of the show stressing over every detail and about what others think. "Apple Bloom said as she added details to her design.

"Well, you have a point, I just hope that nothing goes wrong with the wedding," Sweetie said.

"Relax, I asked Twilight if Shining Armor could give his services. We don't want another remake with the changelings." Rarity said.

"You guys are right, I guess I am stressing over this wedding, as long as I'm married to Button in the end, I could wear a trash bag for m wedding for all I care." Sweetie said.

"Maybe if you looked at the designs, you won't have to." Apple Bloom said.

"Oh the dresses, right." Sweetie Belle said.

'I hope that Button isn't as stressed out as I am about this.'

Author's Note:

Here you go, first chapter up, I should be finished with the Gala story in the next one. And no, this will not have changelings taking over the wedding. Why? You might be asking. It seems so overused, with how Chrysalis or other changelings try to take over. So I'm going with a simple wedding with no evil queens or kings of any kind try to take over. Don't like it? Deal with it. :rainbowdetermined2::rainbowlaugh::trixieshiftleft:Plus, this took me two days to write, so forgive me if some of the story seems a bit rushed. Anyway hope you enjoy, be sure to like and share and tell me what you thought, I'd really appreciate it. Peace.

-Candy:heart::twilightsmile::pinkiehappy::raritywink: