• Published 14th Aug 2015
  • 424 Views, 8 Comments

Dark Arts - serebii



Danger is everywhere but, what if there was something that had the ability to cause untold death yet didn't even know they could this is that story.

  • ...
3
 8
 424

Explains And Explosions

“Come inside Tactum and I will explain everything.” My mom said heading back into the cave. I followed close behind her. My mind kept going back to the unicorn. Something about his just rubbed me the wrong way. What could they have possibly wanted from us. Suddenly, mom stopped walking. Something wasn't right. We were barely in the cave. Normally we would walk until I could no longer see the sunlight.

“Mom what's wrong?” No answer. Calcifer hold on. I thought to myself. I could feel him tighten his grip on my back. I flew upwards and around so I was at eye level with her. I looked into her eyes. I could see the tears forming. “Mom…..talk to me.” I said softly.

“I never wanted you to know. I thought if we kept moving they would never find us but, I was wrong.” She said. Her voice was low and cold. “Alright, tactum you might want to get comfortable because this is a long story and I think you need to know all of it.” I nodded. Flying back to the cave floor. I sat down and Calcifer hopped off my back and sat next to me.

“And who might you be?” Mom asked. I forgot that she didn't know about last night.

“My name is Calcifer. Its very nice to meet you violet.” He said smiling at her.

“I...um found him last night and I want to keep him.” I said nervously. I had no idea what to tell her. It might be best if she doesn't know what Calcifer is. I didn't really know what he was.

“I should hope so, why else would you make a contract with him?” A smile grow on her face.

shocked I asked. “How did you know about that?”

“I felt the power grow in you last night. It was one of the few things your father taught me.” She replied. That shocked me. I didn't know much about my father. Whenever I asked about him she always told me I wasn't old enough.

“I think its time I told you about him.” She took a deep breath. “Tactum I need you to listen to everything I'm about to say, before you reply. I dont have time to give you all the details, so I will try to make this short.”

“When you were born your power was unstable and uncontrollable. Your real mother did not survive your birth. Before you could hurt yourself or anyone else your father placed a seal on you. A few days later the Rebels of Discordion Magic and Anarchy or R.D.M.A noticed your power and paid us a visit. They demanded that we hand you over or they would take you by force. outraged your father told them to leave or die. Normally, killing would be a last resort but, because of your mother's death he was an a dark place. He entrusted me with you while he fought the R.D.M.A. He told me to take you as far as I could. He didn't know how long the seal would last but, once it was broken there was no doubt the R.D.M.A would come for you. I tried living in a small town but, the ponies there were scared of me so I had to leave. living with dragons was the only way I could make sure you were safe. All these years I thought we were safe from the R.D.M.A but, now that the seal is broken they will be able to find us anywhere we go. Im sorry I did not tell you this sooner. I thought I had more time than this.”

I sat there in silence, trying to take in all this information. The first thing that hit me was my mother's death. I felt a deep pain in my chest. I would never get to see her, never get to know who my mother was. There was my father, who could be anywhere, If he was even alive. Then there were the R.D.M.A, who were the main reason my life had become what it is now. They were the reason I would probably never know my father. The reason I moved so much and most importantly the reason my family fell apart. Just thinking about made me angry. All the rage I had in me started to slowly come out. My body went from warm to a burning flame but, it wasn't like when I was on the cloud. It felt like it was waiting on me to tell it where to go and what to do.

“Master, I know you're getting mad but, you have to control your anger. It has a link to your power and you could easily do something you might regret without even realizing it.”

I took tried calming myself down. The flame within me turned into a boiling heat. “Mom is my father still alive?” I asked. My expression was grim.

“I dont know. He held them off while I escaped with you. It's possible he could still be alive.”

A faint smile grow on my face. Thats all I needed to know, if there was a chance he could still be alive I had to take it.

Suddenly the cave started shaking violently. The little light slowly fading from behind us. before I could even react, mom wrap around me, using her body to shield me from the cave in. I could hear her groan in pain as the cave came down on us.

“Mother are you alright?”

“Dont worry about me im fine.” She Replied. The cave stopped shaking and she sat upright. “Alright, this is what we're going to do. At the end of the other side of this cave there is an opening. Its just big enough for you to get through it. You will head east until you find a small village. Stay there until I come and get you.”

“What? I can't just leave you here to fight them by yourself.” I replied.

“This is not up for debate you will leave now!” Her voice stern. I knew there was no way I could reason with her. What was worse was the fact that I couldn't help even if I wanted to.

I started walking deeper into the cave. I was soon blind by the other darkness. “How am I supposed to find the other side of the cave if I can't see what's in front of me”. I thought to myself.

“I can help with that!” Calcifer said. Before I could ask how he hopped off my back. It only took an instant before his talis went ablaze. I stood there in other shock as he started walking ahead of me. “I know what you're thinking and now is not the best time to explain.” Calcifer said. He continued to walk ahead.

It took us fifteen minutes to reach the other side of the cave. Once we were in the sky and on our way east, I started to wonder about my mom. I know it's silly to think a full grown dragon could be beaten but, it didn't stop my mind from thinking only the worst. “should i have stayed and helped her fight? No, I would have just gotten in the way. Even with this power I'm unless. maybe I could hav- No thats no good.”

“Master!!” Calcifer shouted. Snapping out of my own thoughts.

“Wh- what's wrong? did they catch up to us?”

“No we're fine but, i could hear your thoughts. I know it's hard to leave a loved one behind but, she give us an opportunity and we took it. Right now need to focus on getting out of danger.” Calcifer sounded different. His tone was serious and he sounded like he had gone through this before.

“You're right. I need to have more faith in her. There's no way she would go down without a fight. Besides she's dealt with this group before. If any-”

“Master! Im sorry to interrupt you but, we need to hide. I can feel something with magic and they're coming towards us fast.”

Quickly scanning the area around me I found a large tree branch that looked like it could support my weight. I perched myself on the branch and waited. It wasn't to long before I saw something moving through the bushes in front of me. What ran out shocked me. It was a mare then came a Timberwolf right behind her. I had never seen a Timberwolf before but, i did read about them in a book once. Its claws were sharp and his growl had me stunned.

The mare kept her eyes on the beast slowly backing away. What she did not see was the tree she was backing into. The tree I was sitting in. Once she hit the tree she turned around to see she was in a dead end. She turned back to the wolf terrified that she had nowhere to go.

What do I do now. I want to help her but, how? “Master I can help. We don't have much time but, I need you to share more of the flame inside you. Try to send it to me.” I nodded and focus my flame onto Calcifer. I could feel some of it leaking out of me. That cold feeling kept back into my body but, i ignored it. Knowing that Calcifer was ready i leaped off the branch and landed between the mare and the Timberwolf.

Calcifer hopped off my back. His talis blazing as they started to spin around him. In a flash the flame was around his entire body and just like that it was gone. Calcifer had changed. His size was about the same as a manticore. His teeth and claws were razor sharp. Was this really the same calcifer from a few moments ago?

“Master don't be afraid of me. I'm still the same don't let my new appearance fool you.” There was no doubt in my mind now. Calcifer hadn't changed one bit. Alight Calcifer i think its time to take of our friend here.

Calcifer responded by making a thunderous roar loud enough to have anything near by had to have ran.

The timberwolf whimper from that and ran off.

“Well thats sad. I really wanted to see what you could do Calcifer.”

“Master stop joking. I think we should leave before it comes back with a pack.”

I sighed. “Fine.” I turned around to check on the mare who was standing in the same place frozen. “Are you alright? You're not hurt are you?” I looked her over making sure she didn't have any injuries. The mare had a yellowy-white coat and her mane was a soft pink with some light red witch mated her tail.

“Im….Im fine. thank you for saving me.” She said trembling.

“You should take it easy. Try to collect yourself.” I said trying to avoid the hole save thing. For some reason I didn't feel like i needed to be thanked. Anyone would have did what i did if they were in the same passion right? I didn't really do anything. Calcifer should be the one getting the thanks not me. “My name is Tactum and the big guy over there is Calcifer.” Calcifer smiled which showed his teeth making the mare hide behind me. that made me laugh. “Calcifer can you go back to your normal form?”

“Of course master.” just like before in an instant he was back to his normal form. He quickly walked up to the mare. “I very sorry I scared you. I didn't mean to.”

The mare quickly came from behind me to stare at him. “Aww you are just the cutest thing i've ever seen.”

Calcifer blushed hard. “No no no you have it all wrong i'm not cute.” He tried to protest but, it only made him look more cute.

“Aww, even your blush is adorable!” She replied.

“Master! tell her.”

“Alright, miss…..sorry i didn't catch your name?”

“My name is Roseluck but, you can call me Rose for short.” she replied. “I can't thank you enough for saying me.”

I could feel heat rushing to my face and it wasn't my inner heat. “Its nice to meet you rose but, you don't have to thank us.” I replied. “Anyway, rose you wouldn't happen to know where a village that's east from here is?”

“Oh you mean Tota village. Yeah I know where it is I just came from their actly. I can show you two the way if you want. Its the least i could do.”

“Thank you Rose. Thats very kind of you.” I replied.

“Alright, fellow me.” She said. walking towards the bushes the timberwolf had used to escape. Calcifer had returned to his place on my back and we followed her.

“Master there's something I need to tell you.” What's the matter? Is it another timberwolf? “No its Rose.” What about her? “Remember when I said there was something else with magic? Well that something is Rose!” What how? if she had any type of magic she would have saved herself right? “I'm not sure but, we need to be careful around her.” Got it.

Catching up to rose I wanted to see if i can get some answers. “So rose, if i'm not being too forward what were you doing out here on your own?”

She stopped and turn towards me. “Why, do you want to know?” Her eyes locked on mine.

“Well I was just wondering why such a pretty mare was out here all on her own.” Wait. What why did i just say that. I could feel my body getting very heavy all of a sudden. Whats happening to me.

“If you really want to know I- Are you alright you don't look so good?” She asked. She sounded genuinely worried.

“I'm fin-” before i could finished i had fell over.

Comments ( 6 )

Putting this to read-later, will come back in few hours! The summary looks so good

6316681 Good to know ill fix that.

There are a number of incorrect words that spell check likely overlooked as they were technically spelled correctly. One example would be the word hole instead of whole. It also feels a bit fast paced so far as well if the entire story continues on at the same rate of speed it is currently. Overall it's a fairly decent beginning however. :twilightsmile:

6317821 thanks for letting me know and the next chapter slows things down a bit.

6318143 that does help but, some of it was a bit confusing. I did understand most of it.

6318862
Not my intention to confuse! What did you find confusing?
Is there anything that's unclear, but not confusing, that you would like to hear more about? Through examples and the like.

You can drag select in that document, and add comments using the comment button, which is near the middle of the toolbar. You should be able to reply to my comments as well, there is a button near the end of the comments for that. This way, you can highlight anything confusing in the edited version or ask questions. Or reply to one of the comments, telling me what's confusing with it. But it is up to you to make use of those two.

Login or register to comment