• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 946 Views, 3 Comments

Tom - RainbowDashian

  • ...
 3
 946

Chapter 1 - Tom

For this to make sense, I do believe that I should explain who I am. My name is Tom, and I am a rock. How am I talking to you, you ask? Well, it's fairly complicated. Being that you, my audience, know the more recent histories of Equestria and, more specifically, the adventures of the Elements of Harmony, I do not believe that I shall be required to explain to majority of characters and situations regarding myself and my past.

During the most recent attack on Equestria by Discord, the draconequus, he, as you know, tricked Rarity, the Element of Generosity, into believing that I was a diamond. However, she was not entirely deceived. In accordance to her primary notion (Following her deception, of course), I am, in fact, a crystal. However, I am not diamond, and I am not at all of monetary value. However, the geode that I have broken off of consits almost entirely of extremely potent magical stores.

I suppose that, by now, you should have a vague idea of how I, a magical geode, am conveying this to you. If you don't, allow me to explain. Just because I have potent magic laced throughout my entirety does not mean that I was automatically as intelligent as I am now. In fact, had it not been for the kindness of fate, I would not be speaking to you at all right now.

Once the draconequess, Discord, was defeated, there was, as you know, a large explosion as the chaos was relinquished from Equestria. This explosion was the very one that sent me teetering over the edge of a hill. I rolled for what seemed like an eternity, and came to a stop directly outside of the schoolhouse. I was, as I mentioned earlier, naturally sentient. However, in her deception-induced state, Rarity's obsession over me caused her to inadvertently infuse some of her magic within me. This granted me senses. Using the extra magic that Rarity had infused within me, I subconsciously managed to develop the ability to channel a thin film of magic around myself, which completes the "sensory functions." By "sensory functions," I mean the only three that I have any need of. Sight, hearing, and smell.

The "sight" can be better described as more of a detection of my surroundings. Instead of an photo-optic relay through a nervous system, the "sensory magic," as I call it, captures the images in the visible world surrounding me (That's a 360-degree view, by the way), and projects me into my sentient core. I suppose it can best be described as a daydream, an image viewed in your mind that you can't actually see, but it's envisioned.

Anyway, back to how I am speaking to you. As I mentioned earlier, the explosion set me rolling down a hill, eventually coming to a stop outside of the schoolhouse. With my newly-found "senses," I would spend my days paying attention to the classes. After only a few short weeks, I had "finished" my education. I was as smart as just about anypony in Ponyville, save Twilight Sparkle and a few others. But it didn't stop there. Being that my "senses" allowed me to perceive more of the world than any pony could, I began to notice things. For instance, Just by simply focusing to my left, I could tell you the exact molecular structure of the air. This extra-sensory perception eventually drove me insane. I had seen all there was to see in Equestria. I needed something... More.

This thirst for more observation opportunities is what led me into the Everfree Forest to search for the gem of the Royals. This gem is exactly what sent me to Earth. And my being sent to Earth is exactly what literally dropped me into the hands of a certain Owen Jacobs.