• Published 14th May 2015
  • 500 Views, 12 Comments

The Silver Pony Slippers - Nocturn Dreamwrite



A long time ago, Princess Luna had set of magical silver pony slippers, but lost them in an accident. What will happen when they fall onto the hooves of the main six in the modern day?

  • ...
 12
 500

Chapter 5: Fluttershy

The Silver Pony Slippers

Chapter 5: Fluttershy


No sooner had Applejack left, when who should come down the road but Fluttershy. She was just coming back home from a tea party with some of the woodland creatures when something in the road caught her attention. In front of her was a mud puddle. There was nothing unusual about that, she could just walk around it, but there was something unusual in the puddle that aroused her curiosity, something shiny, or at least partly shiny.

“I wonder what this could be”, said Fluttershy as she inched closer to the puddle.

Fluttershy reached out with her hoof, and picked the object out of the puddle. She observed the object now in front of her.

“Why, it’s a pony slipper” said Fluttershy surprised. “I wonder what it’s doing all the way out here,” She wondered, “and where are its mates.”

Fluttershy looked back at the mud puddle, and was almost surprised to see two more slippers and pulled them out. After a minute or two she finally found the fourth. It had sunk deeper than the rest, and could barely be seen at all. Fluttershy dug it out and reunited it with its mates. Fluttershy now looked at the full set of horse slippers in front of her.

“Oh, my,” said Fluttershy, “I wonders who lost them, they must have gotten stuck in the mud, and couldn’t pull their slippers out,” She said worried about the slippers owner. Fluttershy knew that horse slippers were usually worn by ponies of importance, or ponies that liked to look nice like Rarity, but Rarity wasn’t one who would lose her slippers in a mud puddle.

Then Fluttershy considered the other hoof. “Or maybe they just didn’t want them any more.” Said thought aloud to herself. “It’s really too bad too. These slippers look like they’re lovely, or at least they were.” She said as she considered the fact that they were now covered in mud. Fluttershy had met some mares before in Canterlot who would never touch mud, even if they had lost something in it. Rarity would, she would never lose something that belonged to her to a simple mud puddle, but there were lots of other ponies who liked fashion that believed if it fell in the mud, it’s worthless. The more Fluttershy thought about this, the more option two, as to why four pony slippers were in the middle of the road, made more sense than option one. Somepony who thought highly of herself probably stepped in the mud by accident, and threw away the rest of them thinking they were now garbage and left them there in the road.

“My, what a wasteful thing to do,” said Fluttershy as she imagined this scene. “And there are laws against littering too” she added.

“Oh well,” said Fluttershy, “By-gones, be by-gones. I guess they’re mine now, if I want them, and it wouldn’t be right to leave them in the middle of the road. So… O. K. I’ll take them home and clean them up.”

Fluttershy pulled out a handkerchief from her saddle bag and wiped some of the mud off the horse slippers before she placed them, one at a time, in her saddle bag. With that accomplished, she continued her journey home.

It wasn’t long before she arrived at her cottage. The birds came out of their houses and gave her delightful chirps as she entered.

“Oh…Thank you,” said Fluttershy shyly, “Your all too kind.”

Fluttershy went into the kitchen, and lightly dropped her saddle bag on the floor. She pulled out the horse slippers and placed them on a towel next to the sink, and filled the sink with water and soap suds.

“Nothing a little soap and water can’t fix.” Said Fluttershy as she picked up the first muddy horse slipper and began washing it.

As she worked she sang a little song to herself. When she finished scrubbing she rinsed the slipper in fresh water, and looked at what she was holding. “Sweet Celestia!” She gasped. She could hardly believe her eyes. In her hooves was the most beautiful slipper she had ever seen. It was silver, and it shone brightly in the sunlight. Fluttershy had guessed that the horse slippers would look pretty when she cleaned them, but this was magnificent.

“Oh my goodness” said Fluttershy, “Why in Equestria would anypony throw these away?” she asked no one in particular. “This is beautiful, and the others must be just like it.”

Fluttershy soon found that she was right. She washed, scrubbed, and rinsed the rest of the slippers, and before she knew it, Fluttershy was looking at the most beautiful set of four silver horse slippers that she had ever seen in her life.”

“Oh my,” said Fluttershy as she admired them. “These slippers look fit for a princess.”

Fluttershy dried the slippers off with another towel, and then, since they were hers now, she tried them on. They fit her hooves perfectly. She tried them out by walking around her cottage, and found them to be as comfortable as they were dazzling.

“I must be a very lucky pony.” Said Fluttershy. “To find something as lovely as these. I just don’t know what to say.”

The birds and creatures living in her house chirped and chatted in agreement. The moment was suddenly broken though by a constant thudding noise. Fluttershy looked across the floor to see Angel Bunny thumping his foot and angrily pointing to the clock. It was now two o’clock. That was two hours too late for lunch, and Angel wanted to eat.

“Oh dear.” said Fluttershy. “I’m sorry Angel. I’ll be right back.” And she went back into the kitchen to look for anything to give Angel to eat.”

Fluttershy looked through all her cabinets and drawers for vegetables, but she couldn’t find anything anywhere. All the while Angel was getting more and more impatient. He began to bang his dinner bowl on the ground. Fluttershy didn’t want to disappoint Angel, but she was becoming more and more desperate, but she still couldn’t find anything. She after all went to the tea party this morning, instead of the market, but she had previously thought that she still had a few lettuce leaves left. Finally she realized that she was simply going to have to hurry down to the market, and buy something for Angel’s lunch, and she was going to have to tell Angel. Fluttershy turned and left the kitchen. She found Angel still standing under the clock holding his dinner bowl.

“Now Angel,” said Fluttershy, “I know that your upset, but if you’ll just wait a few more minutes I’ll have your lunch ready, but I have nothing here right at the moment and so…”

She didn’t get to finish, because Angel suddenly threw his dinner bowl right at her head. She ducked in time, and the bowl clattered on the other side of the room. Angel thumped his foot harder than ever. He was beginning to throw a tantrum.

“Oh dear.” Said Fluttershy. “How I wish I had something to give you to tide you over until then.”

At that moment a carrot appeared in a flash out of thin air and landed on the floor in front of Fluttershy. Fluttershy jumped back surprised. She didn’t notice her silver pony slippers glowing, but Angel did. Angel stopped making a fuss and stood quietly where he was looking up a Fluttershy. They both looked at the carrot.

“Um…well, I uh, I guess this is for you Angel.” said Fluttershy with a smile as she pushed the carrot toward him.

Angel quickly picked up the carrot and ate half of it in one bite. He smiled approvingly.

“Well, I pleased to see you’re in a better mood now,” said Fluttershy. “I hope you won’t mind if I go now to Ponyville and get your lunch.”

Angel didn’t mind at all. He was now happy as a parakeet. When Fluttershy put her saddle bag back on and walked to the door, he even hopped on to her back with a beaming smile.

“Aww… you want to come with me?” asked Fluttershy.

Angel nodded his head.

“That’s so sweet,” said Fluttershy as she departed walked through the door.

Fluttershy cantered down the road from her cottage toward Ponyville. Her silver pony slippers gleamed as she walked along, and she began so sing again to pass the time.

It wasn’t long before she reached Ponyville, and she headed straight for the town market place. There she bought a wad of carrots, a couple of celery stalks, and a hoof-full of lettuce leaves. She was just about to leave for home when she heard someone calling her name.

“Fluttershy! Fluttershy my dear.” Said Rarity as she galloped up beside her.

“Oh, hello Rarity” said Fluttershy, “How are you today?”

“Oh I’m feeling fine.” Said Rarity. “I’m so glad I ran into you.”

“Why?” Asked Fluttershy.

“Well, you see,” said Rarity, I was on the other side of the market when I saw dear friend Fluttershy and you were wearing the most stunning silver pony slippers that I’ve ever seen. Tell me. Where did you get those?” she asked.

“Well, Um, I just found them in the road today,” said Fluttershy, “I, uh, cleaned them and here they are now.”

“In that case, I’m so glad you found them. I simply must have those slippers. I’ll buy them from you. I give you 10 bits for them.”

Fluttershy looked back at Angel for advice. He was shaking his head side to side dramatically at her.

“Well, Um…” said Fluttershy.

“20 bits,” said Rarity.

“Well, I…” said Fluttershy.

“30 bits,” said Rarity. Rarity was getting desperate, this was the highest price she could offer.

“Well, I…” said Fluttershy again.

“Please,” said Rarity dramatically. “Please, Please, Please, Please, Please!” she pleaded.

Fluttershy felt she couldn’t help but consent. She didn’t want to disappoint her friend.

“O. K. Rarity” said Fluttershy. “I’ll give you my slippers.”

“Oh Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,” said Rarity.

Rarity bounced up and down as happy as a foal at Hearths Warming. Fluttershy took off her silver horse slippers and placed them in front of Rarity. Rarity eagerly slipped them on with a beaming smile. They fit her perfectly.

“Oh, thank you Fluttershy,” said Rarity. “Oh and here’s the price I promised” she said as she pulled a bag full of bits out of her own saddle bag.

“There’s 30 bits in there,” said Rarity “I counted them this morning. Ooh, I must go no, I have to get back to my shop. Thank you again Fluttershy, I’ll see you later.”

“Good-bye Rarity. Thank you,” called Fluttershy as she watched her friend canter away in her new silver pony slippers.