• Published 14th May 2015
  • 3,029 Views, 183 Comments

Luna's personal guard - Wonder



As princess of Equestria, it is important that Luna is protected at all times. But maybe she should have put more thought into who she chose to protect her.

  • ...
11
 183
 3,029

A surprising dream

Breeze opened her eyes slowly, her azure eyes adjusting to the light, or more appropriately, lack of light. She didn’t really see much because the sun had set. The room was nice and dark. Slowly, Breeze's mind woke up. Dark? Dark... Dark! “Oh no! I overslept!” Breeze was on her hooves in seconds and checked her surroundings. “I'm late! New Moon is going to kill me. Where did I put my armour?! Wait, I slept in my armour?" Breeze looked down and saw her new armour Celestia had given her. "This isn’t my room...” Breeze looked around her and found she was in a large circular room. "Oh that's right." The memories of the day returned to her. Breeze looked to the bed next to her and found that the princess was still asleep. "Huh. She must have raised the moon and just gone back to sleep... weird."

Breeze thought of going back to sleep but decided against it. It was hard enough getting to sleep when she was tired. Now it would be impossible. She couldn't exactly go very far either, what with the chain and all. Just a meter from her was a large mahogany shelf, filled with books. Maybe she could read while she waited. It was better than nothing. Breeze reached over to the shelf and grabbed the first book she saw. It was a light green hardcover. "Elusive Illusions and Arcane Aegises? Sounds magicky." Breeze was about to put the book away, but something stopped her. She felt oddly compelled to red the book "Might as well I guess. What harm could it do?" Breeze opened the book to a random page and was instantly confused. There were words on the page but at the same time... there wasn't? "Definitely unicorn stuff. How do they even read his junk?" Breeze tilted the book at various angles but still the words morphed and changed as if they weren't even on the book at all. For a moment she thought she saw a word, but it as mostly unintelligible gibberish. "How would a pony even read this?" Breeze paused for thought. "How would a pony even write this?"

Breeze heard a shuffling behind her. Oh shoot! I woke the princess. Breeze spun around, bowing her head slightly. Hopefully the princess wasn't still annoyed at her for the whole kissing thing. "I'm sorry if I woke you your high...ness?" The princess wasn't there. The bed was empty. "Huh? Must have gone to the bathroom." The batpony looked to the rooms door. "Strange, I didn't see her leave." Breeze returned the book to the shelf and turned to leave the room. She could hear a small clinking noise. "Stupid chain. I'm never gonna get used-" Breeze froze in place. Wait a minute. How is Luna gone if we're connected by a chain? Breeze turned her head slowly, but nothing was there. The chain was still there, but Luna was nowhere to be seen. It just ended. "Princess? Are you still here?" No response. If Luna wasn't there, then she had to be somewhere else in the castle.

Breeze pushed open the door to Luna's room and walked out into the hallway. It was empty. "I thought there was meant to be a guard at Luna's door." Breeze looked around, but there was nopony in sight. Both hallways to her left and right were clear and the one in front of Luna's door was empty. Breeze looked down each hallway, wondering which one she should take. She knew for a fact that the middle one led to the armoury. The route burned into her memory thanks to the adrenaline rush. The hallway to her left led to the kitchen and dining hall. Luna would probably be there. The path to her right was a mystery though, and she felt herself being drawn to it. Almost as if it was calling her. She was most likely getting a snack. But then again, the other path looked so inviting. Maybe Luna was over there.

Breeze felt herself walking down the right hallway. Wait? But the kitchen's that way. Breeze tried to stop herself, but her hooves would not obey her. What going on? She couldn't fight against her own body? What was going on? She was being drawn deeper into the castle. She passed by a few places she thought she knew, but it as hard to tell. Most parts of the castle looked the same.

She could have been walking for only five minutes or even five hours, but either way it felt like she had walked to Manehatten and back. How big was this castle?! She was just glad that whatever was controlling her legs had decided to stop. Only problem was that whatever it was, seemed to enjoy making ponies uncomfortable and had plonked her right in front of the creepiest door she had ever seen. She couldn't be sure, but it seemed as if the door was smiling at her- Scratch that. It was definitely smiling, in only the way that a door without a face could. Ominously. Maybe it was enchanted, that would help explain it. What if the door had absorbed someone's soul? That would definitely make... no sense.

Breeze didn't get to ponder the idea of a sentient door for much longer, as it had decided to open all by itself. Now when a door opens you would expect to see a room of some sort. Maybe you enter a bedroom, or even a ballroom. Well today wasn't one of those days, and what Breeze saw was nothing. Absolutely nothing. A pure, unadulterated abyss of complete nothingness. It was like staring into the eyes of a drowning fish... okay, not the best example, but you can see her predicament.

"Umm, hello?" Breeze called hesitantly into the abyss. "Is anyone there?" She called again, but all she got in reply was silence. To elaborate, there are three types of silence. First, there is the 'Awkward Silence' which is commonly found in family atmospheres, particularly when a mare brings her coltfriend over for the first time. The second type of silence is 'Calm Silence', which is very common in places of meditation and any job relating to accounting, which by coincidence, also fall into the subcategory of bored silence. The last and final type of silence is the dreaded 'deafening silence' which can only be broken by either an extremely brave pony, or an incredibly stupid one. Symptoms of a deafening silence include slight amounts of fear, dry throat, momentary loss of logic and intelligence, minor levels of awkwardness and other various symptoms. Somehow though, Breeze had contracted none of these symptoms. So either she was one of the bravest mares alive, or one of the most imbecilic ponies in Equestria.

"Hello? Someone? Anyone?" Breeze took a tentative step into the room, or more accurately, the void. "Does anyone know where Princess Luna is?" The door slammed shut behind her, leaving Breeze in pure darkness. Breeze almost screamed in fright, but she thought better of it. "Well this is just great." Breeze slowly walked back the way she came, her left forehoof extended in front of her. "Where the hay was that darn door?" Breeze moved her hoof around as she walked, hoping to grasp a door handle or something similar.

"Door? But why would you want to leave?" A voice echoed from the dark.

"Luna? Princess Luna, is that you?" Breeze asked hopefully. The voice sounded like the lunar princess', but it was hard to tell.

"Of course it's me, who else would it be." The voice replied, slightly louder than before.

"Where are you? I can't see a thing."

"Maybe I can help with that." A spotlight shone down on a lone figure. It was Luna. "Better?"

"Yeah, much better. So umm, where are we?" Breeze looked around, but there was still only void surrounding them.

"Somewhere private. I didn't want anyone to see this." A large smile crept across the dark mares face.

"You're not still mad at me are you?" Breeze's ears flopped down onto her head.

"Oh, how could I stay mad at you. No one could stay mad at such a cute lovable mare." Luna stepped forward and pinched Breeze's cheeks with her hooves.

"You think I'm cute?" Her ears instantly shot up again.

"Well of course I do. With those big beautiful eyes." Breeze smiled as Luna got closer. "And those perfectly curved thighs." Luna brought Breeze in for a hug. Breeze could feel herself blushing. "Your sweet kind voice." Luna leaned in and whisper in the batponies ear. By this time, Breeze's cheeks were burning bright red. It was obvious what was on her mind. This was probably one of the best moments of her life. "And your tender delicious flesh."

"Aww, that's- Wait, what?" The moment of happiness disappeared. Breeze pushed Luna away, and what she saw, would scare even the most daring of Colts. Luna's smile was gone, and had been replaced with a malicious grin. Although that was nothing, compared to what had become of her face. Her grin had grown larger than her face could handle and tore her cheeks apart, so that her smile literally went from ear to ear. Her eyes, instead of their normal soft blue, were now devoid of all colour, save for the small pinpricks of red in their centres. To top it off, her teeth had elongated and sharpened, so that she looked like a horrific imitation of an angler fish, except with more teeth. Adding on to all of that, was the way the demonic imitation of Luna was eyeing her, like a timberwolf would look at a look at a rabbit. "P-p-princess?" Breeze was shaking like the aforementioned rabbit.

"Shhh, it's alright, I'm here." The mad mares smile grew. "I'll take care of you." The princess lunged for her prey.


Luna sat on her bed, barely moving. She had been watching her new guard sleep for the past few minutes, and what she had seen had been disturbing, to say the least. Dreams aren't random occurrences, so they usually relate to a ponies frame of mind or whatever they dwell on the most. Most of the time it was just something small, like forgetting something at home or leaving the stove on. Dreams have a strong connection with emotions and these emotions are reflected in dream. So if that was the case, then... had this mare really been that scared... of her? Had she really done this to the poor batpony? Luna continued her watch over the pony as she slept. A few times the mare would whimper or fidget, but it wasn't until Breeze had screamed in her sleep that Luna felt she had to step in.


Breeze couldn't move. All she could do was watch and scream, as the demon-Luna lunged at her. As the mad mare got closer, visions of Breeze's life flashed before her eyes. To be completely honest, she found it kind of boring. Is that all she had done in her life so far? The dark alicorn was only inches from her face, then she transformed again, this time being replaced by Luna. Regular Luna, she noticed, not the scary one. That still didn't stop her from getting tackled by an alicorn. Breeze felt the wind rush out of her lungs, much like ponies would flee a burning building. This was made even worse when they hit the ground, which forced whatever air remained to evacuate from her body, leaving her literally breathless. Her vision blurred. Needless to say, it sucked.

Luna was lying flat on top of Breeze, her full weight pressing down on the poor thing. Luna looked down at the bat-pony beneath her, as she struggled to breath. Maybe she should get off her? Luna decided to listen to her conscience and lifted herself from on top of Breeze and onto her hooves. Breeze finally managed to swallow down some air, and soon began to feast on the invisible substance. Luna thought to herself for several seconds before deciding her next course of action. Breeze obviously had a lot to deal with and wouldn't be receptive to Luna at the current time. It would be best to talk later, when she was awake and not being attacked by faux Luna's. Luna's horn lit up momentarily as she cast a spell. Breeze's dream realm blurred and swirled as it changed, slowly being replaced by a scene that Luna believed the mare would find much more comfortable. With a final glance around, Luna nodded to herself, satisfied, and left.

Breeze remained on the ground for a few minutes more as she got her breath back, in the most literal sense possible. Soon her vision returned back to normal and what she saw could not have been any better. Breeze got to her feet as quickly as she could and began looking around. She was no longer in the void but now in what appeared to be a tavern. She could easily say, without a doubt, that this was the best tavern she had ever seen. She had no idea what had just happened, but she wanted to forget it as soon as possible. Breeze ran off to the bar and proceeded to have the best dream she had had in years.

Author's Note:

I make no apologies for this chapter.

Sorry I took so long with this chapter. (I kinda contradicted myself there.) I wanted to see if I could have a lucid dream and take experience from that. Guess what! It worked. Apparently you can't read books you haven't read before in dreams. It just ends up in a jumble and then you wake up. Although I didn't want Breeze to wake up so I twisted reality a bit.

I have absolutely no idea why, but last night I dream that Hastur (I googled it and apparently he is a character from some game that I've never heard of.) met me and said that I could wish for whatever I wanted, and me being the idiot I was, wished for donuts. FREAKING DONUTS! He obviously was shocked and confused. I have no idea why how, but I tapped into the infinite data stream of friendship, and went on a rant how donuts with friends is the best thing ever. I wish I could remember it all, but this is all I can recall. Still have no idea how I can dream about someone I never heard of?

This chapter was edited by my mate, MysteriousStranger.