• Published 19th May 2012
  • 2,798 Views, 58 Comments

Equestria's Peril - KJay



Two unlikely heros must work together with their new pony friends to stop an ancient evil.

  • ...
8
 58
 2,798

A Rediculous Filler Chapter

Just a fun chapter I had in mind. This has nothing to do with what's currently happening in the story, I just wanted to write this while I figured out where this story would go next. Enjoy.





Both boys gawked in amazement at the device before them. Their wide eyes shifting back from Twilight, and the black electronic.

"I don't believe it..." Kelly muttered. Twilight giggled at their bewilderment.

"Surprised?" She smiled.

"How in the hell did you get an Xbox here?!" Daniel asked. Twilight answered his question by levitating a book to him. Daniel read the title out loud.

How to Traverse Parallel Universes

Daniel looked at Twilight, then back to the book. "Well, that's damn convenient."

"Why did you bring this here?" Kelly said while examining the cords, and controller.

"Research, of course." She waited for a response, but Kelly just continued to inspect the device, dumbfounded.

"You want to watch us play it?" Daniel raised a brow. Twilight nodded. "But...we don't have a T.V."

"Oh, is that what you call those things?" The lavender unicorn then trotted into the living room of the library, and pointed her hoof to a nice new 72" flatscreen. The humans slowly crept toward the television, jaw's dangling.

"Holy shit..." Kelly subconciously swore.

"Oh yeah, and everypony else wants to see too!" She announced excitedly. As if on cue, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, and the other elements, even the royal sisters entered the library. Kelly and Daniel shared uneasy looks. "Alright, is everypony here?"

"YEP! Can't wait to see what one of these things can do!" Pinkie hopped ecstaticly.

"I sure hope this is worth missing my nap." Dash frowned.

"We are delighted to indulge in your alien pastimes." Luna commented. Still the boys wore worried looks.

"And look, I can easily use my magic to substitute whatever powers these things." Upon saying so, Twilight wrapped the Xbox, and T.V. in a purple aura, and they immediately powered on. The logo spun on the screen, and emitted the familiar hum as "Xbox 360" appeared on-screen. The superior audio and video quality compared to simple prejectors made the ponies coo in amazement. Even still, the boys were uneasy.

"What's the matter with y'all? Ain't ya excited to show us what this here contraption does?" They glanced at each other again.

"Well...that depends. What game did you bring?" Daniel asked.

"This one. Supposedly, it's fairly new." Twilight levitated the rectangular case to Kelly. He cringed as he read the cover.

Resident Evil 6

"What's wrong, is that one no good?" Rarity pondered out loud.

"No, it's not that...it's just that...well...it's pretty voilent." A part of Kelly did want to play it just to see what everyone would think, but at the same time, it didn't seem like the best idea.

"Oh, don't worry about that, Princess Celestia already explained everything." Fluttershy softly reassured. Kelly was taken aback.

"A-are you sure. Casue I'm not talking like little fist fights or verbal abuse voilent. This is more on the level of intensity, gore, and dismemberment voilent." He stated holding up the game.

"Like Fluttershy said, Celestia already explained everything." Twilight spoke up. Kelly looked at the ground, unsure.

"Hey, if their cool with it, then I'm down with some RE:6." Daniel smiled. "Besides, we never got a chance to play it before we ended up here." Kelly sighed, and looked at the curious group.

"This is your last warning." He opened the case.

"What are you, a royal guard?! Just play it!" Dash said impatiently. Kelly shook his head, and shrugged as he opened the disc tray.

10 minutes later

"No! I played as Sheva, so you're playing as Helena!" Daniel shouted.

"You know what, FINE! Helena's hotter than Sheva anyway!" Kelly rebuttaled.

"Hey! Hey! What are those?!" Pinkie pointed to Helena's...breasts. "How come you guys don't have those?" The boys facepalmed.

20 minutes into the game

Leon, and Helena continued the search for the girl named Liz. Her father accompanied them around the campus. As the duo opened a sizable double door, they were met with a person quickly appearing from the left.

"OH SHIT!" Daniel jumped. Kelly was quiet but jumped as well.

"God, it's just that girl."

"Man, I almost blew her head off." Daniel laughed AJ shifted.

"Can y'all actually do that if she had scared ya good enough?" They looked at one another.

"I'm not sure, but I doubt it." Kelly answered.

"Well, now that doesn't make much sense." Applejack replied. Daniel shrugged.

"Alot of games tend to be that way..." Leon, and Helena continued on with Liz, and her father. Although Liz didn't appear to be doing so well.

"Is she going to be okay?" Fluttershy spoke up. Kelly turned around.

"I don't know...I think she might be infected with the uh...C-virus or something. But, don't worry, remember it's just a game."

"Okay." She replied quietly. Soon, though, Fluttershy's worry was to be reckoned as the four boarded a cramped elevator. A cutscene ensued. Liz entered, coughing erratically. Her father spoke.

"It's going to be okay, Lizzie. You're going to be okay." Liz looked slowly to her father.

"Dad..." She rasped. The ponies were getting a little choked up, while Daniel and Kelly anticipated what might happen next.

"We're almost there." Her father tried to comfort her. Liz gave one more look to her dad, before succumbing to the infection. "...Liz?" He checked for vitals, but found none. He then slowly began to sob. The ponies were doing the same. Kelly shook his head.

'Geez, this was a terrible idea.' He thought. The father's sobbing then turned to coughing, and wheezing. Seconds later, the elevator light burned out.

"The power!" Helena whispered in worry. The boys noticed how quiet their spectaters were now, they were watching intently, eager to see what would happen.

'Hmm...maybe they're actually getting into it...'

"Uh, Kelly, do you hear that?" Everyone could faintly hear feral snarls, and crunching noises.

"Oh no..." Leon, and Helena switched on their flashlights to find Liz devouring her father. The ponies gasped in horror. Liz very slowly looked at the players.

"Crap, SHOOT HER!" Daniel shouted.

"I'm trying!" But before the players could control of the situation, Liz pounced onto Daniel.

"AAHHH! GET HER! GET HER!" Twilight cried.

"I'm trying, I'M TRYING!" Kelly struggled to get a clear shot with his light. *POP* he caught her in the shoulder. Liz released Daniel, but not before swiping Leon away, and grappling Kelly. "DAMMIT, she's going after me now!"

"Nooo! C'mon, YOU CAN DO IT! Daniel, GET HER!" Pinkie joined in.

"It's okay, I can shake her off!" Kelly waggled the left stick of his controller frantically. After a brief struggle, Helena wrestled on top of Liz, and placed the barrel to her forehead.

"THERE, NOW SHOOT HER!" Dash screamed. Kelly wasted no time in pulling the trigger. Leon, Helena, Kelly, Daniel, and the ponies all sighed in relief.

"Though this 'game' is...questionable...I suppose it can also be quite the thrill ride." Celestia commented. Kelly couldn't believe his ears. They were actually coming around. Daniel's shouts interrupted his thoughts.

"What the hell, are you kidding me?!" He bellowed as the elevator doors opened, welcoming numerous zombies to swarm them.

1 hour and 30 minutes into the game

Complete chaos covered the streets of Tall Oaks, as Kelly and Daniel fought their way through the avenue.

"They're just...everywhere..." Rarity said, astonished at the number of enemies the boys were dispatching. Finally, they made their way to a gas station where other survivors were holed up.

"Y'all need to help them!" AJ cried.

"We know, were on it." Daniel answered. The boys made quick work of most of the zombies around the station, while the characters in-game exchanged dialouge.

"Alright, I think we got this." Kelly smiled. About that time, the camera turned it's focus to the street where the players had come from. Within seconds, a speeding armored vehicle came careening down the road, and straight for Kelly. "HOLY CRAP!" With no knowable reaction command, Helena was brutally smashed between the vehicle, and the building. The ponie's jaws dropped, while Daniel giggled. The screen glowed crimson, and the ponies read aloud. "You Are Dead."

"You are dead?" Luna snickered. "The game actually has to tell you that? We thought it was pretty obvious." Daniel continued to chuckle.

"Damn, that sucks, man." Kelly put down his controller, and pointed angrily at the screen.

"THAT WAS BULLSHIT! It didn't even give me a chance to get out of the way!"

"C'mon now, let's not blame the game here." Daniel teased.

"Ah, shut up."

4 hours into the game

As intently as they were watching, everyone could silently agree that this game just couldn't be put down. Kelly and Daniel had successfully made it to China in Leon's campaign, and had just escaped some rather disturbing creatures in the market. They wound up in what appeared to be a slaughterhouse of sorts.

"Good job, you two." Fluttershy praised. Kelly smiled.

"Just glad we got away from those...turd monsters...I don't even know." Kelly hung back, looking for ammo and other supplies, while Daniel hastily pressed forward. He rounded a table right next to a meat grinder, and got the surprise of his life when another monster like the ones they had just encountered grabbed him, attempting to force him into the grinder.

"AAAHH, NOO!" Daniel waggled the left stick just as the prompt appeared.

"Oh no, not another one!" Twilight bit her hoof nervously.

"Kelly! Shoot it!" AJ ordered.

"I'm going to! I have to get to him first!" He arrived, and followed up by unloading an entire clip into the monstrosity. It had no effect. "What the hell! It's not working!" Kelly even tried meleeing the creature, but to no avail.

"I can't look!" Pinkie pulled her frizzy mane over her eyes.

"It's alright, I got this!" Daniel stated as he survived the struggle. What he didn't count on was there being a second reaction prompt, in which he reacted too late. "Wha-OH SHIT! I missed it!" The camera then cut to an overhead veiw of the monster slowly forcing Leon's head into the grinder. The ponies went wide-eyed as gore, and chunks splattered. Kelly put his hand over his mouth. Daniel casually dropped the controller, and commented. "Yep, that's my brains..." The camera then moved to a side view of the monster leaning further, and pushing Leon's entire being into the blades. As it did so, the monster went in with him.

"Oh...my...God..." Kelly said, muffled by his hands. After the screen once again displayed "You Are Dead," Kelly giggled in shock. "Wow......that....has got to be the most brutal death I have ever seen in this franchise." Daniel shook his head in disbelief.

"Yep...I'd have to agree." After a moment of silence, Daniel picked his controller back up for another go, but soon felt something tear it away from his grasp. Luna was using her magic to take it. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" The moon Princess rotated the device, examining it. She then smiled at Daniel.

"We are going to show thou how it is done."






Thanks to all my followers, fav's, and readers in general. And a big thanks to Daniel, for being such a good sport, and friend. Have a good one...