• Published 11th May 2015
  • 5,316 Views, 108 Comments

The Way Photos Tilt - Brony Parasite



A lonely 10 year old girl gets sent to Equestria as Lumen after buying a camera. She's never been more happy.

  • ...
16
 108
 5,316

Why Daddy!? Anything But Daddy!

{Third PoV}

An hour had past, and Lumen was forced awake. ‘The nightmare again...’ She thought. She looked outside to see it was morning again. ‘I slept through the day!?’

She shook her head and took a shaky breath. She readjusted herself so she could get back inside. Once she was in, she saw Teddy sleeping on the floor. Lumen tip-toed out of the kitchen. She went into the living room which had a TV and several couches, none of which was the same and one even disappear every five seconds.

Lumen sat on the floor like she always did and turned on the TV. “Jerk.” She said simply.

“Brat.” The TV spat back in a female and demanding voice.

“Just give me the latest news about what's going on.” Lumen grumbled. Their TV was once a living Pegasi named General Hurricane. The two hated each other, and Discord thought it would be funny if Hurricane gave Lumen news about Equestria and humanity.

“Sorry star-butt. I can’t tell you about Equestria. Discord wanted to tell you about that himself.” The TV’s pony face smirked.

Lumen sighed. “I meant about humanity dummy!” The TV’s smirk faltered.

“I-I knew that!” The TV grumbled, “I checked the void-”

“The what?”

“SHUT IT BLONDIE!!!” The TV shouted, causing Lumen to back away. “As I was saying. I checked the void when I woke up to see if there was anything interesting, and I found this!” A metal ball came out of the screen at a fast speed. So fast, Lumen didn’t have any time to dodge, which meant she got hit on the head.

Lumen rubbed her forehead, and picked up the thrown object.

It appeared to be a metal ball with lines glowing around it. It suddenly spoke to her.

I am Ultron. If you need help, I will come and assist. Be warned I fight for the side of harmony, heroes and what is right. If you think you can use me know this. I got no strings attached to me.

The ball started to glow for a moment as a vortex opened up in the room.

(Unknown Universe)

“Well I managed to avoid explaining Multiverse theory to…” A vortex took a metal being on the planet and far up in orbit a satellite disappeared as well.

“Ultron.” A voice said as something rushed in to him.

(Lumen Universe)

The vortex soon was gone and something was standing over Lumen. It was metal and appeared like a man. However it was tall easily taller than Celestia and Discord. It looked down at her and the sphere and raised a metal eyebrow. “Aren’t you a bit young?” He asked.

Lumen started shaking, and Hurricane started laughing, “You are so screwed!”

Lumen glared at the Ex-General, “Q-quit it!” The Pajama wearing girl looked back at the metal man, “Aren’t you j- judging?” Lumen whimpered. Hurricane laughed even more, and Lumen pressed button on the remote, which seemed to mute the TV. ‘Not helping!’

Lumen turned back to the robot. “Are you going to hurt me?”

Ultron looked confused at this. “Why would I hurt you?” Ultron asked, he pointed to the metal ball. “Unless you are evil, which I doubt that I’m here to help.”

Behind him a moan was heard. Standing up behind him was an anthro pony that Lumen knew. “Luna what the hell.” Ultron asked.

Lumen jumped, “M-M-Moon?” Her eyes filled with fear, she backed away slowly, looking frantically around for a panic button but couldn’t find one. ‘Fudge...’

“Sorry but you just disappeared in the vortex I thought.” ultron put a hand on her shoulder.

“Hey you know I can take care of myself.” He said with a metal grin. Ultron turned to Lumen. “So I think you have questions?” Ultron asked.

Lumen started shaking. She turned and ran up the zigzag hallway yelling for help. The pony on the TV face hoofed.

Ultron saw the kid running. “Hey wait there’s nothing to be afraid of.” Ultron said. Luna with him also noticed the fear.

“Wait why are you afraid little one?” Luna asked. Ultron so wished he had learned a teleportation spell in his databanks. A file appeared in front of his eyes reading. Note to Self: Ask Celestia for Teleportation spell matrix designs. With that they both took of for the little girl.

Lumen ran up, down, left, right, back, forward, and a way that didn’t even exist in the laws of physics. She knew this place like she knew the flavors of the alphabet… Wait…

Lumen slowed down, ‘The alphabet doesn't have flavors! Its a bunch of numbers made into fish that created the universe!’ Lumen scolded herself for her lack of Chaos education. She slipped onto the floor. ‘How did the floor sneak up on me!?’ As she got up, the strange duo caught up to her.

Ultron held his hand out as she was covered in a silver aura and moved up by magic. “Listen we’re not going to hurt you.” Ultron said. Luna was the one who walked up to her.

“You mind telling me why you are afraid of? Is it me?” Luna asked.

Lumen trembled, and didn’t speak. But another did.

“Who are you!? You are breaking an entering and attacking the master's daughter!” A little Teddy bear said, eating gummy bears with his mouth that didn’t move. He seemed to glare.

Ultron gave a raised eyebrow. “Master who is the master.” Ultron then used his computer mind to put the house and came to one conclusion.

‘Veronica you there?’ Ultron said though his systems in orbit the A.I. satellit holding project divine hammer floated. “Yes Ultron what do you need?”

“I may need a drop off we may just get to test the Discord burster.” Ultron responded.

Discord came out of nowhere and sneezed. “Somepony say my name?” He asked, then saw Lumen floating. She waved sheepishly, and Discord raised an eyebrow, What are you doing!?” She teleported into his grasp where he hugged her, “You need your beauty sleep sweetie!” He rocked Lumen back and forth for a bit. Then stopped, noticing the other two in the room. His face read ‘WTF’.

“Veronica drop divine hammer now.” Ultron commanded. In orbit the front half of the satellite fell off and entered the atmosphere. The event went unnoticed until it was seen flying over equestria coming off was pieces of the armor had they went for the signature of Ultron. Ultron raised his hands up. “Luna you mind teleporting us outside?” Ultron asked.

“What are you doing?” Discord tilted his head. Lumen gripped at his fur, and stuffed her head in his chest. He held her like an infant, “Wait, I have a weird feeling I’m about to be attacked…”

The group were Teleported outside. Luna however was off with Ultron as she shook her head. However they saw a floating object in the air with weird metal things floated to a point. A stomp was seen as Ultron was being covered piece by piece with divine hammer. He held his arm up as the final pieces were in place a headpiece covered it giving a glow of red. With a system lock the armor magnetically locked.

Divine Armor synchronisation at 100%

Weapons systems a go.

Harmony dampers are functioning perfectly.

You are a go for Discord.

With that Ultron was ready with project divine armor, a suit designed to fight the most powerful being in Equestria, or as Ultron jokingly named it. Discord buster armor.

Discord had an unamused look. “Is that supposed to scare me? Lumen-” Lumen looked up, “-get your camera ready.”

Lumen smile, kissed Discord on the cheek, and pulled an old camera out of her pocket.

“You messed with the wrong family!” She took a picture that flashed a blinding light. After a second, a photo came out, and as soon as the black turned normal, she shook it with one hand. The parts of the suit began shaking.

“Sir I detected magic had been used on us I’m running a magic matrix to to develop a counter spell, I would advice you different power the anti-magic shields to minimise the effect until then.” Ultron coursed using the anti-magic shields would weaken another part of the suit. “Divert power from the magnetic lock.”

A warning flashed. “Sir The magic is unknown to us, the estimated time has increased.” Ultron cursed just, what he need.

“Figure it out!” Ultron screamed. However Ultron didn’t just stand there he charged right into Discord. Discord attempted to stop him… only for his magic to fail on contact. Ultron smashed his fist into Discord. Normally physical pain was impossible because of chaos magic but Discord felt pain a lot of it as he was punched in the jaw.

Discord spun as he fell. Lumen screamed, “Daddy!” She dropped the photo and ran to his side.

The Chaos spirit groaned. He got back up and cracked his fingers, “Now you dun’ goofed.”

A baseball bat and ball appeared in his grasp. They grew until they were bigger than the four of them combined.

A toon started playing, and Discord sang, “Hey batta-batta hey batta-batta swing!” He threw the ball into the air and swung the bat. When the two made contact, the ball slammed into Ultron sending him sprawling on the ground. “I got to just do my thing~” The sound of a baseball stadium’s applause rang out, and Discord ran around the robot three times before falling on the ground laughing.

Of course his showboating was interrupted by an energy blast hitting him then another and another. Ultron stood up with his palms outstretched as he fired a magic pulse beam. The small mix of harmonic magic made sure it could pierce through Discord’s natural defenses causing him to feel the pain. “Fire missiles.” He commanded the suit as it opened on the shoulders firing mini missiles at him. The blasts mostly dealt a splash effect but like every weapon in the suit the harmonic infusion made sure Discord could feel it. “I’m guessing you don’t know this suit was designed with you in mind, well more in mind too defeat.”

Discord sighed, “Why is it that no matter what side I’m on I get beat!”

Ultron was suddenly blinded by another flash, and more shaking. “Leave my daddy alone!”

Ultron felt a sudden shift in his weight. He started falling left, but nothing else but him went that way.

His A.I. problematizing warned of a magical force on him. “Veronica any head way on this?” Ultron asked. The lesser A.I. appeared. “I managed to get more of a scan on it, estimated time has decreased but I do not think we could purge the effect I recommend altering the gravity in the other side of the armor too composite.” Ultron didn't like this, he was going to have to divert power once again. “Divert power from the thrusters and missile guidance systems.” The mech made the adjustments.

Discord smirked, and Lumen stopped tilting the photo. She then started to shake it lightly. The suit started to shake, and the gravity went back to normal. Discord used this to send a stream of chatter teeth at Ultron.

Ultron brought his arms up to swat most of the away but a few got on. “Sir they seem to be eating the metal.” Ultron cursed. His new body could in theory stop metal eaters but this suit wasn’t made of nanoarch tech. “Disengage the right arm!” With that the arm fell off. As the others came at Ultron they were blasted away by Luna. “Thanks.” Ultron said.

The floating thing in the air researched a signal. Out popped replacement parts for the suit arm raised the fit right over the old. He took off, getting a running start before flying up. Luna made sure to cover him from the girl While Ultron grabbed Discord. “Ever play whack a mole?” Ultron asked. A metal band came out and grabbed Discord’s neck while his fist kept punching him like jack hammer. With his hands raised he slammed him into the ground.

Discord teleported, and replied, “Yes. I invented it!” A large hammer appeared over Ultron, and started hammering the harmony robot into the ground. After Ultron was pinned, Discord asked, “Now, you have ten seconds to tell me who are you, and why in Equestria you were chasing my daughter, before I send you so far into tartarus that even that metal ball in space wouldn’t be able to reach you.” To emphasize this, a door opened next to Ultron, and opened, revealing tartarus and all the ugly monsters inside. Meanwhile, Lumen backed away from Luna with one of the most scared look she’d ever given.

Ultron looked over what he could do. Actually there was that but he didn’t think the suit could handle it. This was a prototype after all. ‘Screw it divert all available power too the Ono-beam!’ Discord Got his answer by being grabbed on his arms. Before he could react he had a feeling he was going to hate this. He wasn’t right. The chest plate gave way to reveal a it was glowing.

“What…” Discord didn’t get much more as the beam fired right into him. Unlike before however, he felt something. Something that caused him great fear. He felt his body turning to stone again. Ultron however was getting a warning.

“Warning warning warning.” The suit was seen going red. Discord screamed as the stoning effect kept spreading over him. Just as it got to his neck, the suit Ultron was in broke apart.

Ultron came out of the thing with Discord stone from the neck down, which didn’t last long. It exploded, causing Ultron to stumble back. After he stopped his heart from beating so fast, Discord glared.

“I get reformed, and the next day get attacked and nearly turned to stone! If I wasn’t friends with Fluttershy, I’d kill you.” Discord’s face seemed red.

Ultron was confused. “Wait… what?” Ultron asked. “Aren’t you supposed to be unable to have friends? You know.” He formed a hologram of him Celestia and Luna with Ultron trying to get his Discord to stop. Of course it failed and one blast of harmony later he laughing at the very idea of friendship.

Discord rolled his eyes, “I’ve never met you, and that isn’t how it happened.”

Lumen seemed to be happy, “You got a friend?”

Discord sighed, “Yes…” Lumen raised an eyebrow, and Discord grumbled, “Fine, I’ll get a normal pool.” He snapped his tallon.

Luna raised her hands up. “Wait, that did happen… wait Ultron didn’t someone else come from another world?” She asked. Ultron took a few moments then face palmed.

“I fucking hate the multiverse, it seems we got called into a dimension where Discord is good… I can’t believe I just said that.” Ultron said to himself as his logic base went down for a moment.

“Me either.” Luna said.

Discord pulled a taser out of nowhere. He tased Ultron, which hurt more than he thought. “No cussing in front of a ten year old!”

Lumen tilted her head, “What does fu-” Before she said anything, Discord shoved a bar of soap into her mouth. Her eyes widened, and she ran around trying to get it out. When it deserved, she seemed confused and sat down.

Ultron gave a sigh. “Great I made a mistake.” His lesser A.I. gave a laugh.

“Well at least you got to test divine hammer…” Veronica said.

“Yes and it failed I guess I should make an upgrade to it and hope it can handle my Discord.” Ultron said.

“So can someone tell me what is different about this universe?” Luna asked.

Ultron gave a look around. “Well we could be in a future or past version of equestria time runs differently in each universe, or Discord could just be good.”

Discord rubbed his temples, “Universe? Different? Luna? What is going on!?”

Lumen shrugged, “Hurricane threw a metal ball at me that brought them here.”

“Hurricane!” Discord growled.

Lumen walked up to Ultron, “Who are you?”

Ultron got down on his knees. “Well what I am is A automaton A.I. tasked with protecting the peace, but what I was I believe is the reason you used that metal ball, a human who been I guess misplaced.”

“You see there is another world different universes some vastly different other so similar you could spend an immortal life time just trying to find something different, a Multiverse and that thing is able to cross the well, void between them.” Ultron said using his magic to from a light show with bubbles that has stars. They saw things zipping between. “These things allow you to summon others and even be summoned yourself.”

“Like that ball!” Lumen said, “So can I make one?” She smiled wish her eyes closed.

Ultron thought for a moment. “I believe so but it has to be something that represents who you are, and must have a phrase letting them know who you are and where you stand on good or evil.” Ultron answered.

Lumen thought for a moment, then smiled. She took out the camera and pointed it at herself. There was a clicking sound, and a picture came out. The photo had her smiling with her arms stretching on either side.

Lumen giggled. And said, “Hello! I’m Lumen, the daughter of Discord! If you… Wait, what side are we on?”

“I guess good...” Discord shrugged.

“Okay! If you’re a good guy, then I’ll help!” Lumen was about to end it, when Discord whispered.

“And no cursing!”

“Oh! And you can’t curse while I’m around, daddy doesn't like that.”

She ended it, and replayed it, “Hello! I’m Lumen, the daughter of Discord! If you… Wait, what side are we on…? Okay! If you’re a good guy then I’ll help you… Oh! And you can’t cuss while I’m around, daddy doesn’t like that.”

Lumen smiled, “Will that do?”

“I think so, now I think it's going into the void by dropping or tossing it.” Ultron said, he was kinda confused on the whole thing. However his inner scientist wanted to see how it was done again.

Lumen spun around a couple time, then tossed it. A swirling blue vortex with plastic stars appeared and the photo disappeared inside of it and the vortex vanished.

Lumen jumped up and down squealing in excitement. “That was so cool!” She stopped when she saw Luna and backed away.

“Luna you mind?” Ultron said. She realized that something happened in this reality between them. Ultron turned to this realities Discord.

“Look I want to apologize for attacking you, kinda a knee jerk reaction to what I remember and programed into myself.” He said with a hand behind his head.

Discord crossed his arms and gave a disappointed sigh, “I guess I can forgive you. And I did need to practice.”

Lumen coughed. She pointed at Ponyville and asked, “What’s that?”

“I’ll tell you later.” Discord turned to Ultron, “Do you think that some of these other worlds are dangerous?”

Ultron thought for a moment. “Possibly there could be worlds with no hope, like if both Luna and Celestia became evil, however I believe they maybe a minority.”

Discord looked nervous, “Then I’ll need to get somethings for Lumen.”

Lumen started jumping and waving her hands, “I’m right here!”

Ultron turned to her. “Well I could make her something just incase.” Ultron offered. To which Discord smiled.

“That would be great! I might give you something to help with that suit if you did.”

Lumen sighed and walked away, looking around the area. She saw a pebble, and picked it up and looked at it as if it was the most interesting thing on the planet.

Ultron was seen picking up some of the rubble of his suit pulling some wreckage of it and seemed to be doing something. However Luna looked at the little girl. “Something happened? Between you and my alternate self?” Luna asked.

Lumen flinched, but nodded. She puffed out her chest, and shook her head. “Y- yeah…” Was all she could say.

Luna sighed. “Whatever it is you can tell me.” she said. She wonder what had happened to her. Ultron seemed to have been looking over his work for a moment before continuing it.

“You- She… I was with dad, and her and Celestia… They… They used the Elements on m-me… I- I...” She held back her sobs as she finished, “I-i-i-it h-h-hurt s-so m- m-much…” Discord walked over and used his magic to put her to sleep.

“I think I shouldn’t have asked.” Luna said looking down.

Ultron turned to Discord holding two bracelets. “This should allow you to bring her back in case the world is dangerous.” Ultron said.

Discord smiled, “It’s okay, she probably needed to say that. And thank you. Here.” He snapped his lion paw, and a weird scroll appeared. “That should give you some knowledge of chaos magic. It’ll come in handy for that thing you used and more. It might change up, so check it daily. And you Lulu.” He turned to Luna, and gave her a little glow-in-the-dark star, “The way I see it, you didn’t do anything to us, so take that and remember Lumen. She always loved the stars.”

“Thank you.” Luna said. The vortex reopened to Ultron’s forge. With a final wave they both passed through the portal and back home. In the sky Veronica disappeared as well.

Discord grumbled, “If this happens again, I wont be responsible for what happens.” He picked up Lumen and teleported back to the castle. Little did they know of the CMC standing there with mouths agape.


Ultron appeared back at the forge he looked over his new designs for his new suit. It would be ready. In the canterlot garden a statue gained a creak. A laugh could be heard.