• Published 16th May 2012
  • 3,658 Views, 85 Comments

The Apex Predator - Dakln

  • ...
7
 85
 3,658

Corpus Transmutare

The room was completely silent. Spike would have felt very uncomfortable from the many stares the mares were giving him, if he wasn’t already stupefied by his own appearance. Ever since Spike fell unconscious from whatever it was in that meteorite, his form had changed dramatically overnight. Spike gave a glance at the many large eyes that were focused on his body, and said nothing. After what seemed like hours, Twilight finally broke the silence with a shaky question.

“Spike… What happened to you?” Spike seemed a little scared, and began to tear up a little.

“I don’t know.” Spike’s voice was a lot deeper than what was remembered. The other mares were silent, and continued to observe Spike’s new form. Spike was much taller than what he used to be, almost as tall as Big Macintosh. His scales were also richer in color, and were nicer looking too. His spikes were longer, and had a fine point. And Spike’s body was lean and muscular. Twilight took note that Spike’s body structure was in the same shape and size as a Draconis Liberalis: A dragon that grew from generosity.

“Spike, when did you notice your change? Do you feel anything new?” Twilight asked as she was trying to make sense of the situation.

All Spike did was stare blankly in front of him, still tearing up a little.

“Please Spike” Twilight insisted, “I want to know what happened to you. Perhaps you could tell us a bit more of what happened last night?”

Spike looked at his newly larger claws, and played with them a little. All Twilight did was wait for his reply, as he collected his thoughts.

“I remember... running at that meteorite and... I got too close... Everything went dark after that... I had a weird dream... and I woke up like this... That's all I remember.”

Twilight was a bit disappointed; she'd hoped that Spike would have remembered everything in greater detail.

“How do you feel right now Spike?”

Spike quickly answered, “I don’t know, I still feel sick, though I’m not puking anymore, so that’s an improvement.” Twilight and some of the company giggled quietly.

“No Spike!" Twilight giggled, "I meant how do you feel with your… New form. I don’t know or understand how dragons age yet, but it looks like you’ve become a Draconis Liberalis."

Spike suddenly felt more comfortable hearing this news; but he was still confused. “What about the meteorite, and me falling unconscious?”

Twilight gave it a good thought, “I don’t know, but luckily I managed to gather a sample of that meteorite. I might even find answers once I take a look at it!”

Rainbow Dash quickly flew around the new Spike, which startled everypony, especially Spike.

“Aw Yeah! You look awesome Spike!”

“Oh... um, thanks?” Spike said in his deep voice. Hearing this made Rainbow Dash squeal in excitement. “Once you feel better, you should try giving those legs a good run, I want to see how fast you can go with them!”

Applejack rose her eyebrow, “Are you sure that’s safe? I mean, we don’ know if Spike should be horsing around like that yet.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes in an annoyed gesture. “You worry too much Applejack, I’m positive that Spike is fine. I mean, look at him!” She pointed at Spike with her hoof, “See those muscles? See his shape? He is obviously perfectly fit to have a little gallop afterwards!”

Twilight heard this and flinched, “Rainbow? Technically, since Spike is bipedal, it is classified as a ‘run’, not a gallop.”

Rainbow Dash didn’t care at all and ignored her. And along with Rainbow’s excitement, Pinkie Pie joined in.

“Wow! Since Spike has turned into new Spike, and he’s no longer old Spike, does that mean I should host a new Spike party? That would be fun! I love having parties! It'll involve a lot of cake, balloons, games, and many more fu--!”

“Whoa there Pink!” Applejack grinned, “we don’ wanna show the public the new Spike just yet. Not until we know what’s going on with him.”

“There’s nothing wrong with Spike! Just get over it Applejack!” Rainbow spat, annoyed, which made Applejack a bit angry.

“Am ah the only pony around here who doesn’t have a good feeling about this?! Fluttershy, what do you think about Spike?”

As the group turned their heads towards Fluttershy, they noticed that she was not there. Instead, she was poorly hiding underneath the table in the other room.

“Fluttershy, I know that you’re terrified of dragons, but this is Spike! He doesn’t even look like any dragon we’ve seen either!” Twilight gave her a push towards the other room.

Fluttershy followed nervously behind Twilight. “See?” Twilight pointed her hoof at Spike, “He's the same baby dragon you met two years ago.” Fluttershy gave a nervous expression, and remained quiet while keeping her distance.

“Fluttershy, don’t be scared, it’s still me.” Spike said with his deep voice. The voice startled Fluttershy, and she galloped behind the closest object, Rainbow Dash.

During their conversation, Rarity had been speechless. Even though that thing was still Spike, there was something different about him. Was it his body? His voice? Spikey-Wikey was no longer the cute dragon she befriended a long time ago, he was something new. But what was it? And would this change anything?
Rarity examined Spike; his body looked as though it was a work of art, sculpted by the hooves of the greatest artists of the Equestrian Renaissance, hundreds of years before. His scales each shined with the glistening and gleam of the rare earthly gems she had worked with so many times by now. His thin lustrous spikes, which evenly traveled from the back of his head down to his long tail, looked as though they were the product of a master craftpony, complimenting Spike’s slender and smooth body perfectly. Initially, Rarity had never had such an emotion with anything that wasn’t hanging on the wall in a Canterlot museum, but this was different. She was awed with Spike’s new form.

“Um, Rarity?” Spike felt a little uncomfortable being stared down by Rarity. Rarity noticed what she was doing and shook her head,

“S-s-sorry about that Spike... I-I-I got a little... distracted.”

“You haven’ been talkin’ this whole time Rarity!” Applejack noticed, “an I want to know, what do you think about the new Spike?”

Rarity gave it a thought, “Spike is…” The tension nearly killed him. “T-t-tall?”

Spike felt like dropping to the floor from the disappointment, but instead made no reaction toward Rarity’s answer.

“Tall?” Applejack replied, “good ‘nuff fer me, though I still would use other words.” Applejack started trotting out of the room, “Ah think it’s about time we leave Spike alone, he has been feelin’ ill and should rest.”

Spike raised his voice to attract their attention and to stop Applejack, “Please don’t worry about me, I actually feel fine. Better than fine, I feel perfect!” Spike did a couple of jumps and imitated a boxer to show that he had energy. "I tell ya, I've never felt like this before! It's like I downed a gallon of coffee or something! I could take on the world!"

“Are you sure Spike?” Twilight became worried, “your body has just gone through a lot.”

“Yes, and also, this new energy gives me confidence! I feel... Good. Great! More than myself!” Spike turned to Rarity. "Rarity, I know this is kinda sudden, but..." and then went down on one knee. “Will you go out with me?”